• Published 15th May 2016
  • 578 Views, 5 Comments

I'll Love You Always, My Little Flutters - DaiAtlas2016



When Corkscrew the Dragon finds a baby yellow pegasus named Fluttershy, he leaves his home in the Dragonlands to move to Ponyville and raise her. He meets many nice ponies in Ponyville, these are his adventures.

  • ...
1
 5
 578

Family Reunion and a Bedtime Story

During the following week, I hosted play dates at my cottage for Betty and Abigail to bring Rarity and Applejack. I was worried about Nick and Big Mac feeling left out, but Abigail said the boys insisted that they didn't want to come to my "girly tea parties". I had also acquired a job at town hall as the head of the weather department, even though I knew absolutely nothing about weather managing, but I quickly got the hang of it.

Plus, I made sure the Apple Family had a nice sunny day for their reunion.

As I walked to Sweet Apple Acres, with Fluttershy in my pouch, wearing my "Sunny Day" bow tie (Yes, it was a bow tie decorated with Celestia's cutie mark.), I was followed by several fillies. They had introduced themselves as Nick's friends, who made up the band, "Luck's Bounty".

"So why are you going to Sweet Apple Acres, mister?", asked the little gray filly with a black mane and a purple bow tie, named Octavia.

"Call me Corkscrew. I was invited by Nick's parents.", I smiled, as Fluttershy stuck her head out of my pouch and blew raspberries at Octavia, making her giggle.

"Awww...she's so cute! What's her name?", the little green unicorn, known as Lyra, asked with a big smile.

"Her name's Fluttershy, now Flutters...that's not very nice! What should you say to Bon Bon?", I replied, before scolding Fluttershy for throwing her sippy cup and hitting Bon Bon, the cream colored earth pony, square in the forehead with it.

"Sorry, Bun Bun.", Fluttershy whimpered.

I really hated having to get after her, but I had to make sure she grew up to be kind and graceful. However, she always forgave me after I forgave her.

"Are you okay, Bon Bon?", I asked, taking the sippy cup from Bon Bon as she rubbed her forehead.

"Yeah, I'll be fine, Mr. Corkscrew.", she smiled, "I've taken harder hits than that from a cookie jar that fell on my head!"

I laughed, saluting her with my wing saying, "You're a true trooper, Bon Bon. A trooper to the end!"

"That's what my mom said when I broke my leg and it didn't hurt!", Bon Bon beamed.

We finally made it to Sweet Apple Acres, to be greeted by Adam, Abigail, and Applejack, who was munching on an apple.

"Hello, kids! Nick...err...I mean Bravey's in the barn, getting everything set up.", Abigail smiled as the we walked up.

"Thanks, Mrs. Apple!", Octavia said, as her and the others carried their instruments towards the barn. Holy slag, these ponies were strong!

"Hey, Corkscrew! Congratulations on the job! And thanks for this beautiful day!", Adam said with a smile as I set Fluttershy on the ground to play with Applejack.

"No problem, but don't thank me. Thank Celestia! If she didn't cut me some slack and made me promise to have it rain three times next week, it would be raining all day today!", I laughed.

"Ohh, Corkscrew! You didn't have to do that!", Granny Smith grinned.

"I insist! You helped me and Fluttershy get comfortable in Ponyville, now let me return the favor!", I exclaimed.

"Oh, Corkscrew. You're such a good friend! And them ponies from Canterlot were telling everyone that dragons know nothing about friendship.", Abigail smiled, her and Adam were putting their hooves around me.

This made me kinda angry at whoever said that.

"I assume they also said that dragons know nothing about being a father!", I said, a bit peeved.

"Oh, Corkscrew! Forget about them! We all know that's not true.", Adam grinned, trying to change the subject.

"Papa!", Fluttershy cried, jumping in my pouch and shivering.

"What's wrong, Flutters?", I asked with concern.

"Monster...", she whimpered, pointing to a big Monarch butterfly swiftly flying around my head.

"Oh, Flutters...", I smiled, holding my wing out for the butterfly to land on, as I gently brought it to her, "She won't hurt you. She just wants to be your friend."

It landed on her nose, and she giggled, "Tickles!"

"See, she likes you.", I said, feeling my heart burst with laughter, I loved being a dad.

"Do you like me, Papa?", she asked, turning to me as the butterfly flew off.

I smiled, rubbing my nose against hers, "My Little Flutters. You mean the world to me. I'll always love you, My Little Flutters."

"I'll always love you, My Big Papa.", Fluttershy mimicked.

I turned to find Adam drying his eyes, "You two are too darn cute!", he sobbed.

"Don't worry, I'm crying on the inside.", Abigail smiled as I turned to her.

After I was introduced to what must've been 1000 relatives, I sat with Fluttershy, watching Nick and his band preform onstage.

It was marvelous! Not even 10, and they were already playing really complicated rock chords and other things. I really loved the drummer. But wait! I only escorted 3 fillies here! And none of the were playing the drums! I know Abigail told me Nick could play the drums, but he was busy with the piano. It was then after I spied the drummer, quickly looked into my pouch, and back up and the stage, my jaws dropped .

Fluttershy was on stage, playing up a storm on the drums, the rest of Luck's Bounty cheered her on.

After the song, she jumped into my pouch and beamed, "Did Papa see me go Boom Boom?"

"Yes, I did. But, please tell me something before you go wander off. I was scared half to death. Do you understand?", I sighed, nuzzling my baby girl.

"Sorry, Papa. Will you still love me?", she stuttered.

"Always.", I smiled, kissing her forehead.

After eating almost every single apple treat I could get my paws on, it was time to go home. I, of course, escorted Octavia, Lyra, and Bon Bon home.

When we got home, Fluttershy asked, "Story?"

"One.", I smiled, grabbing a book the local library let me keep when I told them how much Flutters loved it.

I put her in my lap as I sat in the rocking chair and began,

The Happy Bunny

There once was a bunny,

He was a happy bunny.

Then one day, he went on a picnic with his father and mother.

It was a beautiful day, and they had a lovely picnic.

However, the little bunny went to explore the dark woods without telling his mother or father,

And got lost.

And he sat in the woods, all alone and sad,

He thought of how he should have listened to Mother and Father.

Then a butterfly came and showed him the way,

And reunited with his father and mother...he...was a happy...bunny...once again...

This story always brought back a sad memory of my childhood. It was just like in the story, but there was no butterfly to lead me home. And I never...saw my parents...again. I tucked my little Flutters in her cradle, and kissed her good night.

I knew I would have troubled sleep that night.