• Published 15th May 2016
  • 578 Views, 5 Comments

I'll Love You Always, My Little Flutters - DaiAtlas2016



When Corkscrew the Dragon finds a baby yellow pegasus named Fluttershy, he leaves his home in the Dragonlands to move to Ponyville and raise her. He meets many nice ponies in Ponyville, these are his adventures.

  • ...
1
 5
 578

Flutters's Birthday

It had been 5 years since we moved to Ponyville, and it was Flutters's 6th birthday. I wanted it to be perfect. Flutters had, so far, grown to be a very cute filly, her mane having grown so long that it covered half of her face. I had thought about giving her a trim, but she seemed comfortable with it.

Anyway, I was icing her birthday cake, while she was looking out the window.

"Papa.....", she said, coming up to where I was working.

"Yes, Flutters?", I smiled, pulling her close.

"Can I go outside? Applejack and Rarity are here!", she answered, nuzzling me.

"Oh! Of course!", I beamed, hugging her before she left to go play with Rarity and Applejack.

"Corkscrew! I brought the dress Rarity made for Fluttershy! Isn't it beautiful?", Betty smiled, walking in with Magnum, followed by the Apple Family from Sweet Apple Acres.

It was a spring green dress, with a long skirt, and purple and gold butterflies all over it.

"It's lovely....I'll put it over here.", I smiled, taking it and putting next to the box I had on the table.

It had Flutters's present in it, she was going to love it!

"Oh, Corkscrew! I brought the cider! And this special quilt we made for her. You can even see where Applejack tried her hand at knitting!", Abigail smiled, showing me the quilt before putting it next to the other presents.

I had finished putting the final touches on her cake when I called the kids in.

"Oh, Papa! It's beautiful! You made this just for me?", my dear daughter exclaimed, hugging me tightly.

"Yes, My Little Flutters! All for you! It's your birthday! Now, blow out the candles and make a wish! Then we'll open presents!", I grinned, kissing her forehead.

After she blew out the candles, she threw her hooves around my neck and smiled, "Thank you, Papa! I love you!"

"Now, let's open presents!", I beamed.

Flutters first looked at the dress Rarity made for her, "Oh, Rarity!! It's beautiful! Thank you!!!"

"Oh, darling! Think nothing of it! It is your day after all!", Rarity smiled, hugging her back.

Rarity amused me, she was only 6, and she had the vocabulary equivalent to that of a noble pony from Canterlot.

Flutters then looked at the quilt, "Wow! You made this for me? Thank You!"

"Oh, don't thank us, it was Nick, Big Mac, and Applejack who made it, with some help from Granny of course!", Adam smiled.

"Hey! Believe me, it wasn't easy, with these paws of mine!", Nick laughed, as Flutters threw her hooves around his neck and kissed him, doing the same to Big Mac, and giving Applejack a hug.

While she was doing all of that, I noticed the box on the table was hopping.

"Don't forget your present from me!", I grinned, handing her the box.

She opened the box and gasped, pulling out a little white bunny.

"Papa! I've always wanted a bunny! This is the best birthday ever! Thank You, Papa!", she smiled shyly, kissing my nose, she then looked back at the bunny, "I'm going to call you Angel, is that okay?"

The bunny nodded. I knew that bunny had an attitude issue, but I also knew that Flutters had a way with animals, so I wasn't worried.

After cake, and cleaning up, everyone left, except for Applejack and Rarity, who stayed to play with Flutters. It was while I sat on the lawn, that they came and asked me a very uncomfortable question.

"Papa.....I was wondering.....what happened to Mama?", she asked in a tone so shushed that I didn't quite understand.

"What, dear?", I smiled, putting a paw on her shoulder.

"We're sorry, Mr. Corkscrew. We were talking about how great our moms were, and Fluttershy here never knew her ma. So she decided to ask you what happened to her.", Applejack explained.

"Oh.....Flutters, can you sit down....", I sighed, knowing I had to tell her, "The reason you don't have a mama is because.....well....I'm not really your papa."

She seemed to take it well so far, her voice was shaking though, as she asked, "Then....who are my papa and mama?"

I replied, "That's the thing, I don't know.... I found you in a basket in a river when you were a baby......I took you in because you needed me....I'm sorry....I was going to tell you when you were older, but you know now...", I sobbed, closing my eyes as tears fell from them.

I then felt a warm body press up against me and started nuzzling me.

"It doesn't matter now....you're my papa, and it's going to stay like this! No matter what! I love you, Papa!", Flutters smiled through her watery eyes as I opened mine.

"Happy Birthday, Flutters.....I love you, I always will....", I beamed, hugging and nuzzling her back.

I turned to see Rarity crying, "So emotional!!"

Then I looked to Applejack, "On the inside, like always.", she smiled, putting a hoof to her chest.

A butterfly landed on my nose, Flutters laughed, "It likes you!"

"Well, what do you know!", I smiled, spreading out my wings, so more butterflies could come and land on me.

But butterflies weren't the only thing I had land on me. For some weird reason, I was the "animal amusement park. I had chipmunks on my left horn, squirrels on my right, and birds on my tail. And if things weren't crazy enough, I had Angel on my head.

"Now, now, you all. That's not very nice climbing on my papa like some jungle gym, can you please get down?", Flutters said, in a way that sort of entranced me.

Sure enough, all the animals clambered down, and wandered back into the forest, except Angel, who hopped back into Flutters's arms.

"Thanks, Flutters! I was getting a little worried there. I don't need animals clinging to me while I try to take care of you!", I laughed, kissing her forehead.

Around Sunset, after Applejack and Rarity went home, we went to bed early. I was pooped, not to mention I had to work tomorrow, expecting a lot of rain these week, and I was still trying to figure out how to schedule it so Ponyville would be happy....tough job!