• Published 20th Jun 2012
  • 1,136 Views, 24 Comments

A Difficult Choice - TheCrazyAsian



Sometimes love forces you to choose between two people.

  • ...
3
 24
 1,136

Dumped You, With Prejudice

A Difficult Choice

Chapter Three: Dumped You, With Prejudice

By: TheCrazyAsian A.K.A. Feasttalon

Sorry this took so long, I was preoccupied trying to write a few other fics. If you'd like you may leave nasty comments making fun of me.

You don't know what to think, and the alcohol isn't helping much either. You're in Cloudsdale, pressed against the side of a building with Soarin', a member of the Wonderbolts, kissing you. Should you run? Should you punch him in the face? Or should you just do nothing? Your internal debate is rendered useless as he pulls back, breaking the kiss. After he lets go you just slump onto the ground. A dumb grin appears on Soarin's face as he looks at you. Did that just happen, is this a dream?

This has to be a dream, why would Soarin', the Wonderbolt, be kissing you. For that matter, why would he even be at the Plot Hole? You're pretty sure he likes mares, every few weeks there's a new tabloid article about somepony claiming to have slept with him.

Either way you're still pissed. "I thought you said you weren't going to try anything!" you angrily exclaim. You knit your eyebrows into a scowl and bare your teeth at him. Who the buck does he think he is, thinking that he can just come up and kiss you.

"I never said I wouldn't try anything, I just laughed," he calmly replies. He's got you there, that smug son-of-a-mule. But you telling him not to try anything should have been enough.

"Still I told you not to try anything!" you yell back. You hope there's no cops around here, the last thing you need is to be arrested for being drunk and disorderly.

"I don't get why you're so mad. for a lot of ponies having one of the Wonderbolts kiss them is a fantasy," he says. Does he think just because he's a Wonderbolt he can just go waltzing around kissing whoever he pleases, doing whatever the hay he wants.

"Well not me! I still have a special somepony who I'm staying with!" you reply. He seems almost perplexed by your statement. Does he have a problem understanding commitment or something? Maybe he got brain damaged from all the times he's crashed into the side of the cloudseum.

"Look, I hate to break it to you buddy, but he dumped you, with prejudice," he replies. No this can't be true, this can't be. Every relationship has its ups and downs, this is just a down, right? Is he telling the truth? No. This can't be the end, you won't let it.

"No, I'm going back. I'm going back, and I'm going to try and find him," you reply.

"Pray tell, what exactly is your plan, if you find him?" he asks.

What is your plan, have you even thought this through? Did you even have a plan? No, you just expected to go back and find him, then explain to him what happened. After that you'd live happily ever after. You'll admit it was naïve. But there's no way this just ends here. You're silent for a few seconds then you tell him, "I know there's more to our story than, 'Braeburn gets angry and dumps me.' No. That's not an ending."

"Come on, we've all been there. But it gets easier, you learn to get over it," he says. He's obviously trying to be sympathetic, you can tell, everything from the tone of his voice to his facial expression just screams 'I feel sorry for you.'

"No, not if he's the one," you say.

"Come on, I bet everypony in Equestria has gone through this. You'll get over it eventually," he says. No, you don't want to get over him, you loved him. Tears are forming in your eyes again, just great. Soarin' then leans forwards, you're half expecting him to try and kiss you again. It's not like you could resist, you're too emotionally drained to do anything at this point. But to your surprise he just wraps arms around you and pulls you into a hug. You feel safe again, safe and secure.

You can't really describe it. You just feel like everything is alright, you're going to be fine. He then pulls back from the hug and says "Let's get you up". He then grabs you by the hooves and pulls you up. You're a little wobbly at first but you manage to regain most of your coordination and balance within a few seconds.

"Can I still take you up on your hotel offer?" you ask. His goofy smile returns and he nods his head in response.

"The hotel is a few blocks from here. Do you think you can make it or do you want me to call a cab?" he replies. A few blocks, you should be okay. It's not like anything's broken, well something is but you'd rather not pay attention to it right now.

"I'll be fine, I've been through worse playing hoofball," you answer. The grin on his face, it almost never goes away does it. He's like some sort of giant goof-ball.

"Alright, I'll lead the way" he says. You're not sure if he's being serious or just fooling around, but either way you need to follow him.

After a few minutes of him joking around and walking we make it to a rather nice looking art-deco style hotel, with a sign that says "The Four Seasons". If you didn't know it was a hotel you probably would have thought it was a weather factory. It's a real swanky place, marble floors, chandeliers, ponies in suits everywhere, the whole nine yards. As you near the check-in desk you see a picture of somepony, who you assume to be the manager, and the Wonderbolts hanging on the wall.

"Hey Soarin' have the Wonderbolts stayed here before?" you ask.

He rings the bell and turns his head back and replies, "Yeah, this is where we usually stay in Cloudsdale, how did you know?" You point your hoof at the picture hanging on the wall. Well he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

"Also, can we get different rooms? You understand why I'm not so comfortable sleeping with you tonight, right?" you ask. He just nods his head, you assume he means yes this time.

After a few seconds somepony in a suit, who looks like the one in the picture, walks up from the back room and says "Soarin'! Nice to see you again, where's the rest of the team?"

"It's just me and my buddy here tonight, I'm on break. I'm going to need two suites.", he replies. He gives you a noogie when he says "buddy". Why is he calling you his buddy? You just met him. And why the hay is he giving you a noogie, who the hay does he think he is, your big brother.

"Okay, that'll be 200 bits," the manager replies. Soarin' then silently pulls out a bag of bits and throws it onto the table.

"Keep the change."

After paying for our rooms you get a small envelope, inside it is a card to open the door to your room. You follow Soarin's to a pair of elevators and head up to the top floor. After the elevator doors open and you head to your room. "Thank Soarin'. I'll see ya' tomorrow morning," you say.

"No problem, sweet dream," he replies.

You swipe your card and enter the room. It's very posh, a big king sized bed, bottle of wine and two glasses on the table infront of the television, et-cetera. Though you don't care, you're too tired. You just collapse on the bed and fall asleep.


There's a bright light as you open you eyes, you hate mornings. You manage to get yourself up and into the bathroom, where you just randomly turn on the water and step in. Bad choice, the water is hotter than what your morning coffee. You immediately jump out when you step in, at least you're awake. You turn the water down to a more manageable temperature and step in, it feels great. Nothing like a nice warm shower to start the morning off.

After you take your shower you walk out and towel dry yourself off, your mane's still a little wet but that's fine it'll dry soon enough. Right as you finish drying yourself you hear a knock on the door and a familiar voice that says "Hey it's me. Let me in." You walk over to the door and turn the handle and at the moment Soarin' comes tumbling in, with the same goofy grin still plastered onto his face.

"So you want to do anything today?" he asks.

End Chapter Three

Choice 1: Go back to Braeburn

Choice 2: Hang out with Soarin'

Choice 3: Ask Soarin' for help with Braeburn

Choice 4: Hunt down Caramel (Possible Violence Warning)

Choice 5: Hunt down Caramel with Soarin' (Possible Violence Warning)

Choices will be linked when the chapter(s) is/are written, so check back regularly to see if your choice has been written.

Comments ( 10 )

Are you doing this through votes? If so, I vote for option 3.

1051654 OMG YES! *Glomp and kiss*:pinkiehappy:

I was about to make choice of number 2 but I got hit by realization that I haven't remember most of this story because it haven't updated in while.

After a reread, I choose option 2 (AT start) then gradually through the next chapter or two it shall become option 3. If that does make sense :ajsmug:

You could probably throw in confrontation where Brae thinks Soarin' does like the main character, for fact if that is true or not is up to you :)

choice 4, he owes you some answers.

I vote to hang with soarin

Choice 3: Ask Soarin' for help with Braeburn

Login or register to comment