• Published 13th May 2016
  • 598 Views, 17 Comments

The Princess and the Plumber - DaiAtlas2016



Twilight finds that she sucks at plumbing, so she called Trotelli, the industrial sized business, who took 3 hours only to admit defeat. Then Braveheart, a single earth pony plumber, came along, and got the job done in less than 10 minutes,Twilight t

  • ...
14
 17
 598

Reunited with Loving Parents

They finally made it to Hiami Beach, where it was nice and sunny. As they got off the train, a unicorn came to Braveheart and asked, "Are you Braveheart? The plumber from Ponyville?"

"Yes. What do you need?", he asked.

"I'm from the EPCG, the Equestrian Plumbing Championship Group, I'm here to congratulate you, and present you with this trophy for "Plumber of the Year"! This your what...number 30?", she smiled, handing him a golden plumber snake on a pedestal with his name inscribed on the bottom, she then left.

"Number 34. Thank you!", Braveheart smiled.

"Congratulations!", Twilight smiled, nuzzling him.

"How does this "Plumber of the Year" thing work? How many pipes you fix?", Velvet groaned.

"Well, Miss, it's all about quality and time. And everyone knows that since Trotelli stinks at both of them, I've been winning for the past 34 years. Because I'm all about the quality! The fast comes naturally!", he explained.

"So you've really been winning these awards since 2?",Velvet asked, unconvinced.

"Actually, according to my parents, they were unicorns, so they always tried to find something about me to brag about since I was such a disappointment, I won my first award at 1, when I threw my rattle at a pipe and put it back in joint, thus, winning my first "Plumber of the Year" award for a job well done under 10 seconds!", he smiled.

"Unbelievable!", sighed Velvet.

"Well! Let's unpack and look around!", Night smiled.

They checked in at a hotel and unpacked, then as Braveheart walked out the door, he accidentally bumped into two unicorns.

"Oh! I'm so sorry! Mom...Dad..."

"Son! I just want to be the first to say...", started the stallion, with brown fur, black white mane, and a spaghetti sauce cutie mark.

"I know...I'm a disappointment.", Braveheart sighed, his head drooping.

"No! Bravey Wavey! Your father and I are so sorry for rejecting you for your being an earth pony. But these past few years, we've been so proud of you! Winning the "Plumber of the Year" 34 times in a row! You may not be a unicorn, but you're still our son. And we still love you, Braveheart.", explained the white unicorn mare with the gray mane and a plate of spaghetti for a cutie mark, as she put a hoof on his shoulder.

Braveheart had tears in his eyes.

"Well what are ya waiting for? An invitation? Come give your old man a hug!", smiled the stallion.

Braveheart and his parents embraced in a heartbreaking hug, as Twilight and her family watched on.

"So you're really proud of me?", Braveheart asked.

"Very. And don't ever think different again, Capsci?", smiled the stallion.

"Capsci!", Braveheart smiled back before turning to Twilight, "Lady, this is my father, Arturo Alfredo, and my mother, Mia Alfredo. Mama Mia, Pap Arturo, this is my marefriend, Princess Twilight!"

"It's so nice to finally meet you two! You can just call me Twilight.", she smiled, shaking their hooves.

"You're such a sweetheart, our dear Braveheart is a lot more charismatic than we thought, if he captured the heart of the Princess of Friendship.", Mia smiled, hugging Twilight.

"He was just lucky...", mumbled Velvet.

"I'm sorry, mam. Did you have something to say about my son?", glared Arturo, getting protective.

"No! Nothing at all!", smiled Velvet, frightened by his stern Italian glare.

"So what did you all plan on doing today?", Mia asked, wanting to join the party.

"We're going to the beach!", cheered Flurry Heart.

"You can come with us if you like!", smiled Night, shaking Arturo's hoof.

"It would be a honor! You coming, son?", Arturo grinned.

"I'm gonna go into town a bit, I'll catch up later.", Braveheart sighed, heading downtown.

Shining was deciding whether he should follow him or not, something was wrong.

Braveheart went into a joint called "The Rusty Drain Pipe".

He sat at the bar and said, "My usual, Mario!"

"Braveheart! I was wondering when you'd stop by!", the bartender, dubbed Mario, handed him a firewater, "What's-a matter Braveheart? I never see you a-this down before!"

"Just thinking about how disappointing I am, the world's greatest plumber, afraid of water, do you know how ironic that is?!", he exclaimed.

"Hey! It's not as bad as it sounds!", Shining smiled, pulling up a seat next to Braveheart, "A martini, please."

Mario handed him a martini and said to Braveheart, "Yeah, he's right! I'm a bartender who's afraid of alcohol!"

"And I'm a unicorn who's afraid the dark, we all have our ironies. But that doesn't make us different. Now come on...", Shining grinned, finishing his drink, "Let's go to the beach, Twily's missing you already."

"Alright.", Braveheart said, gulping down his jug of firewater before following Shining to the beach.