• Published 13th May 2016
  • 597 Views, 17 Comments

The Princess and the Plumber - DaiAtlas2016



Twilight finds that she sucks at plumbing, so she called Trotelli, the industrial sized business, who took 3 hours only to admit defeat. Then Braveheart, a single earth pony plumber, came along, and got the job done in less than 10 minutes,Twilight t

  • ...
14
 17
 597

Marianna's Apprenticeship

Twilight and Braveheart were on their way to Twilight's place from Sugarcube Corner, after Twilight had gotten soaked and dirty while unclogging the sink.

"Did you have anything planned today, Braveheart?", Twilight asked, nuzzling him.

Braveheart replied, "Well, no, not really. Why?"

"I was thinking after I got cleaned up, we could cuddle up with a good book!", she answered.

"I could go for that!", he smiled, as he sat on the couch next to Spike, while Twilight went to take a bath.

Spike was looking depressed.

Braveheart put his hoof around him and asked, "Hey! What's wrong kid? You can tell me what's bothering ya."

Spike sighed, "It's Rarity. I can't get her to notice me. It's like I'm not even there. I want to tell her how I feel.....but I'm afraid of what she'll say....."

"Oh, don't mind about that! There's an old plumber saying that goes, 'You'll never know how deep the water in the basement is until you jump in.'", Braveheart smiled.

Spike looked at him in confusion.

"It means you won't know what she'll say until you try. Do that for me, will ya? Go ahead! No fear! You're a dragon! Dragons have no fear!", Braveheart grinned, slapping Spike's back.

Spike felt a surge of courage, "You're right! I'm going walk into that boutique, and tell her I love her! Thanks, Braveheart.", he smiled, hugging him before he left.

"Anytime, kid.", Braveheart replied.

Twilight came over to the couch with a book, her mane was still a little damp, but was super soft.

"Hey......", Braveheart said, examining the book, "Don't think I've seen this one before....."

It was a red hardback book with a gold heart on the front, and gold lacing around it.

Twilight blushed, snuggling up to Braveheart, "It's a little something I was working on while on vacation....thought I'd try my hand at writing....."

She started to read it out loud,


Once upon a time, there was a lonely princess. She thought she had everything she could ever want. Friends, family, a home. But she felt like she was missing something...

Then one day, a scruffy, kind hearted plumber came and fixed her plumbing. Where everyone else had given up very quickly, he worked relentlessly, the sweat beaded on his forehead like dew on the grass. It was then that the princess realized that what she had been missing all along was a lover and that she was in love with the plumber.....but a princess? In love with a plumber? Would it work?


After turning the page to find the rest of the book blank, Twilight smiled sheepishly, "Yeah, I'm not quite finished with it yet...."

Braveheart grinned, "That was pretty good. I like where you got the inspiration.....now how about we cuddle and fall asleep in each other's arms like them ponies do in those other romance novels?"

"I wouldn't have it any other way.", Twilight blushed, wrapping her arms around her plumber.

Braveheart wrapped his arms around her, and they both fell asleep.

A couple of hours later, they were awakened by the slamming of the door. They turned to find Spike skipping and dancing for joy.

"What did she say?", Braveheart grinned, knowing full well what Rarity had said.

"Well, I asked her if she wanted to go out with me next weekend, and she said yes!", Spike exclaimed.

Twilight beamed, "That's great, Spike! I'm so happy for you!"

"Oh, and Derpy had a letter for you!", Spike said, handing Braveheart a letter.

Braveheart opened the letter, it said:

Dear Braveheart,

We decided that Marianna is old enough to begin her apprenticeship to you, please teach her everything you know about the art of plumbing. She looks up to you so much, so try to not disappoint her. We'll send her over on Monday, please wait at the train station for her.

Love,

Mama and Papa


"Wait....today is Monday.....", Twilight said.

"Oh No! I better get going!", Braveheart exclaimed, his cast making it hard for him to hurry.

"No, Braveheart. I'll go pick her up.", Twilight smiled, using her magic to pick him up and put him back on the couch.

"But.....", Braveheart stuttered, Twilight putting her hoof on his lips.

"It's okay......I can handle it. You need to rest.", she grinned, kissing his lips before she left.

When she got to the train station, she found Marianna sitting on a bench with a suitcase.

She looked up and ran towards her with a hug, beaming, "Twilight! Where's Braveheart? Is he still resting?"

Twilight hugged her back and smiled, "Yes, Marianna. He's resting at my place, you won't mind staying the night there, will you?"

"Wow! I get to spend the night in a castle! Wait till Mama and Papa hear about this!", Marianna grinned excitedly.

So Twilight and Marianna walked back to the castle, and found Braveheart telling Spike stories about his plumbing adventures.

"Braveheart!!", Marianna exclaimed, charging her brother with a hug, "I'm sooooo happy to see you again!!! I'm going to be the world's greatest plumber, just like you!"

"It's good to see you too, Marianna. Just a couple more days and I'll be out of this cast, then we'll get to it, okay?", Braveheart smiled, ruffling her mane.

And so Twilight, Marianna, Spike, and Braveheart all cuddled up and read stories for the rest of the day.