• Published 17th May 2016
  • 2,910 Views, 75 Comments

The Raiders and The Princess - FIRE FLASH 3



Twilight Sparkle, finds herself lost in an unknown Jungle because of a failed experiment and an ancient Evil that time forgot. She will now need to find a way to return home and fight for the freedom of Equus, with a little help of course.

  • ...
14
 75
 2,910

Chapter VI: Long Talks

Chapter VI

“Twilight?” was the only thing that me and the others were able to get out of our mouths. We were shocked, dumbfounded, stunned and all the other words that could be used to describe the feelings that were flowing through our minds.


Standing in front of us, with one of our shirts falling off her body, stood Twilight. The shirt we had borrowed her was torn in half and was now falling from her body. But the thing that first caught our eye was a pair of purple wings protruding from her back. The sight was too strange for any of us to comprehend, but we all got the same idea.


Slowly, all four of us began to back away. We had our guns with us but we were no longer sure what was going on. The others and I made a break for it, we spun around on our feet and made a dash for the door only for us to fall flat on the ground. We groaned in pain as we tried to lift our heads up. A loud gasp from behind us made us try to get away. But for some reason, we couldn't move. A strange purple mist was surrounding our bodies and it made it impossible to move. Twilight's face appeared upside down in front of mine, a worried look was clearly visible.

“Sorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorry” She blurted out in worry. “I didn't mean for that to happen. Didn't know that I could do magic” she continued. We couldn't say anything, the mist that was surrounding us had made it impossible to talk. She suddenly moved out of my field of view, but a stranger sensation over came me as I was, like the others, lifted off of the ground. My mind was now officially blown. I was flying without a plane. Or wings.


The flight didn't last long as we were all placed on the edge of the bed. We were all sat there, Twilight facing us with a thoughtful look. The shirt was barely hanging on but was still there to cover her... Erogenous zone. She looked at us in thought, as if she was looking for the right thing to say to us. She then began pacing up and down, muttering to herself. Suddenly spun around and looked at each and everyone of us.

“Okay, I'm going to release you from the immobility spell” She said sternly. “So please, please don't run or start screaming Okay? Cos I'm not that sure of what's going on myself” She said, lifting her right hand that was surrounded by the same purple mist that was surrounded us. Suddenly, the mist disappeared. We were free, and we all backed away when Twilight approached us. She knelt down in front of us, or rather me. She then looked at me straight in the eyes. Those eyes held such pain and fear. Yet, they held a glimmer of hope somewhere within, as if she was hopping that I would listen to her, believe what she was probably going to tell us.

“I-I'm sorry to have scared you like that. I was worried that you wouldn't listen to what I had to say”She said. We all looked at her, a hint of fear was still present within us.

“H-How is this possible? When I left you this morning you didn't have wings!”I exclamed.

“Yes, I know.” She paused for a moment. Obviously looking for the right words to say. “You see, I was having a dream and in that dream one of my friends from Equestria was able to contact me” She said. Then she looked at me with a small smile, that immediately disappeared when I flinched. She then lowered her head in shame. “I know that I should have come to see you when I first woke up but when I was about to leave I suddenly realised that something was floating next to me. So I spent the rest of the afternoon trying out my magic” She said, pointing at the cup on the table float in mid air.

Jack looked at Twilight, and gave her a look that said 'May I'. She nodded and Jack got up, slowly approaching the floating cup. Slowly, he brought his tentative hands near the cup and touched it. We were expecting something dramatical to happen, but nothing happened. Jack was still standing there and was still holding the cup. I, in turn, extended my nervous hand close to Twilights glowing hand. My hand was suddenly caught in some kind of invisible pull. Something was pulling my hand close to Twilights. I pulled it away quickly, not wanting to get the full force. Mark then extended his hand. I was about to warn him but I was to late. I was expecting him to suddenly start yelling because of the pull. But again nothing happened. He didn't seem to be experiencing the pulling sensation I was getting. He even pulled his hand away with ease, so I brought my hand back into proximity of the mist. And there was the pulling sensation, I struggled to pull away but manage to get my hand away.


“Well Lou, from what I can tell, her... 'magic' appears to be harmless” Jack said, getting a nod of approval from the other as well. I wasn't so sure, but went with it anyway. Jack then proceeded to move behind Twilight. He then began to touch her wing, flexing it and folding it back. I got up, Twilight was looking at me with a small smile at my intrigued expression. I began to play with her wings, doing the same things that Jack did. As I traced my index finger down the part where the wing was attached to her body, she suddenly 'eeeep'ed, and fell right into my arms. She slowly looked up at me and blushed.

“Sorry, its a bit of a sensitive area” She said sheepishly. Getting back to her feet, she turned to all of us. “So do you believe me now. I mean you no harm, and as you have seen I'm no threat to you.” She said, hopping to get on our good sides. I hesitated for a moment before looking at her dead in the eyes.

“We believe you... at least I do. And we understand your... actions” I said, making her feel more comfortable.

“So will you help me?” She asked. I turned to the others and brought them into a group circle.

“What do you think?” I whispered.

“Trusting her? And helping her?” Jack asked, I nodded. “Well... she seems harmless enough but I'd hate to go up against her magic again” He said.

“What about you two?” I asked Mark and Tomy.

“I'll go with what ever decision you guys take, and before you ask” Mark said. “I believe that she wouldn't hurt us, I mean we did save her after all” He said, looking at Twilight who just looked down at the ground.

“I the rookie here, so its whatever you choose” Tomy said, I nodded in approval before breaking the circle and walking over to Twilight.

“All right Twilight, you've got our help. But we want to set up some rules and conditions before this goes any further, okay?” I asked, she nodded and smiled. “Number one, Since you are now part of this squad, I am now you're commander. You are to follow my instructions to the letter, clear?” She nodded in understanding. “Secondly, no use of your voodoo magic in front of public eyes. I want to keep this a secret for as long as we can”

“Don't you think we should tell the colonel?” Mark asked.

“No. I don't want anyone to find out no matter how daft what I'm saying may seem. I don't want Twilight to be taken back to the states as some kind of experiment” I said, getting approving nods from everyone. And a huge nod from Twilight, who was obviously not very happy about becoming a lab rat. “Thirdly, no using magic on us or anyone unless it is absolutely necessary.”

“I still need to master it a bit more. I still can't do teleportation yet, the magic given to me by discord isn't strong enough” She stated.

“Still, I don't want you using that stuff on me like you did five minutes ago” I said, giving her a stern look. “Lastly, I would like it if we could go to the shelter and start over. This is the first time we have actually had the chance to talk to you” I said, getting nods from everyone. “I believe that we should tell you a bit about ourselves, and you can do the same thing about yourself. This is what we usually do with the rookies” I said, getting the most adorable response from Twilight. Once I had finished talking, she then tilted her head to the side in confusion, the term 'rookie' might not exist on her world. “Rookie means a recruit, you're the new recruit as far as the Marine corps is concerned” I said, getting a nod of understanding.

Twilight agreed to the terms and promised to stay by them, I then called her and the others for a group circle. Twilight stood there, confused at what we were doing as we all had our arms outstretched and touching. She slowly placed the palm of her hand in ours and I looked at them all, then straight at Twilight.

“This Twilight, is the squad pact. By doing this, you have our word that we will protect you and your secret. This also means that you are now part of the Family” I said, the others looking at Twilight expectantly. Twilight sighed and looked at us before saying: “I accept all the help you are willing to give me to help me get home” She said. And with that, the pact was sealed. I decided to help Twilight with her shirt problem but decided that the one she had on would have to do until we got to the shelter. At least there, we could repair the shirt and sort out the problem with her wings. I was sure that we would conceal them under a rain coat, but we couldn't go with her running around without a shirt. Maybe we could cut some holes for her wings but I'll do it later.


The others left to grab their essentials before meeting us back at my tent. By the time we left; it was dark, but time was on our side for once. It was only 10 ô clock. Sure the naval bombardment would start soon but at least we weren't so much in a rush for once. We passed a few screechers, we tried to take them with us but they refused violently. Many officers considered them to be 'a lost cause'.

As we approached our shelter, we could see that all lights were now out. We slowly descended into our hole for the night and dropped all our equipment. Normally, two of us should remain on the outside of the shelter in case of an attack but in this case, we all remained together. Like we had done in my tent, we formed a small circle before sitting down on the ground. Though it was dark, the moonlight was bright enough for us to be able to make out one another. Once we were all ready I turned to whom I guessed to be Mark.

“All right, lets keep this little talk as quiet as we can, Okay?” I asked, the others nodded. “Okay, how about we start with you Mark. Just give her your name, age, job, rank and country” Mark nodded, before turning to Twilight.

“Well...my name is Mark Smith I'm 20 years old, I'm a corporal. I used to work as a paper boy in the United States of America” He said, Twilight gave a small nod in understanding before looking at Tomy.

“Umm... my name is Tomy Williams I'm 17 years old, I'm a private. I've never done a job yet and I'm from Australia” He said, his Australian accent showing.

“My name is Jack Gains, I'm a private and I'm 24 years old. I used to be Doctor and I'm from Canada” He said, getting a nod of understanding from Twilight. She then turned her attention to me.

“Well... my name is Louis Conlin I'm 22 years old. I'm now a First Sargent, I have had a job up until now and I'm from France” I said. Now that we had presented ourselves, it was her turn. So I gestured for her to go ahead.

“Umm, well, my name is Twilight Sparkle with a 'K'” She began. “I'm an Alicorn Princess from a country called Equestria on the planet Equus. As I have said I am a princess, the princess of friendship to be exact. Bearer of the Element of Magic, and I am 21 years old” She finished. Tomy sighed in disappointment, for once he was hoping not to be the youngest of the group. But that dream was banished by what she had said.


“You said something about elements of... harmony?” I asked. She looked in my direction, though since there were no lights, she had to guess where I was.

“Yes” She whispered. “There are six elements. I represent the fifth element. The element of Magic. My friends incarnate the five remaining elements: Generosity, Kindness, Laughter, Loyalty and Honesty.”She continued as her hand began to glow. I immediately leapt forward, cupping her hands in mine. She gave a surprised gasp, as her magic dissipated. The pulling sensation was there and was just as strong. I pulled my hand away as Twilight starred at me confused.

“Its dark out Twilight. No lights allowed, unless you want to go through the Japanese shelling again?” I said, jokingly. But even in the darkness, I could see her smile fall and tears appear in her eyes. Then I remembered the kid that we had found that morning. I slowly crawled over to her and sat beside her, whipping some of her tears away as she then buried her head into me. The others starred at us with confused looks. I told them what had happened this morning, they nodded in understanding but didn't say anything.

“It was my fault. If only I had tried to save him” She whispered between sniffs. “He thought I was his mother...” Her voice trailed off as she began to cry into me again. I tried to comfort her, but what could I do. She wasn't familiar with warfare like this and... I seriously doubt that she has actually seen or been involved in a war. Though I was at a loss, the others came to my aid.

“Twilight, we haven't known you for that long, but you need to stop beating yourself down over this one guy. There was nothing you could do for him. The only thing you can do is let the memory go” Mark said, not moving from his seated position.

“B-But how could I? How can I tell myself that it was normal?” She asked, tears still falling from her eyes.

“Because it is normal” Jack said. “No matter how much you want to do something for these people, they were not meant to survive, and I know first hand how frustrating it is to see these men die when your doing your absolute best to help them. But in the end. Its all in vain” Jack said looking at the ground, his own sorrow clearly visible.

“But how is this even possible? How could you say that?” She asked.

“Because we see it everyday” I said. The others all nodded in approval, Twilight looked at me with a look of disbelief. “I don't know what your wars are like or if you even have any, but right here, right now we are faced with a dire situation. We are cut off from the rest of the world and we have no place to run. So the enemy bombards our positions, to kill as many of us as possible. And we are ordered to do the same to our enemy. I call it 'La banality du mal' or the banality of evil” I said.

Twilight had stopped crying ans listened intently on what we had just said. “Yes we've had wars back on Equus. The largest one was the Pony-Griffon war in the third century of Celestia's reign. We estimate 2600 pony casualties while 3100 griffon casualties” She said, having remembered it from one her books back in her library she stopped for a second on the thought of her library. That lovely, warm, welcoming and homely library that she had come to call home. Her heart sank as a new thought crossed her mind. 'I'm never going home' That thought plunged her back into sadness. She wanted to go home, be with her friends, find Spike and hug him, finally, getting back into her bed.

“I had always wanted to go and explore other worlds, make bonds of friendship with strange new creatures. And now...” She began to sniff, tears falling again. “...I just want to go home” She cried, we didn't try and quieten her down. The words she had just said made us realise something that we hadn't felt since we left our homes. Homesickness. We wanted to go home too, and yet we weren't going anywhere any time soon. Twilight hadn't been here a fraction as long that we have and yet... we could understand her sorrow. She had the right to want to go home, she didn't belong here. But what could we do. We're nothing but targets for the Jap navy.

XXXXXXXXX

For the first time in over a week, the Japanese navy didn't bomb us. Though me and the guys exchanged shifts for the look out. Twilight was able to get a full nights sleep. Though she had said that she wasn't going to be able to sleep, her crying had taken care of that problem. I stayed with her most of the night. The other graciously took my shift so that I could stay with Twilight. The others began saying that I was attracted to her, giving me the wiggly eyebrows. Though I just brushed it off. Though there was one thing that was still puzzling me. Why was my hand being pulled to closer to Twilight's? I brought my hand close to hers and there it was, that strange pulling sensation on my hand again. Her hand seemed unaffected, but mine was subjected to a very strange force. So for safety, I kept my hand away since I had already received a shock of some kind and the pain was still there. It wasn't a horrible pain, nor was it that painful. Instead, it was a warm tingling sensation. I looked at my hand, I could see nothing wrong, but it was dark. I slowly laid down behind Twilight and even though I new the risk, I brought myself behind Twilight, wrapped my left arm around her. The pulling sensation was still present, but I paid no attention as I brought her closer. So close in fact the her rear was touching my thighs. Though most people would be aroused, I could only feel comfort and peace.



My eyes grew heavier and heavier until they closed shut and I drifted into the land of sleep. The only thing going through my head:





'Ma vie me déteste'