• Published 17th May 2016
  • 2,899 Views, 75 Comments

The Raiders and The Princess - FIRE FLASH 3



Twilight Sparkle, finds herself lost in an unknown Jungle because of a failed experiment and an ancient Evil that time forgot. She will now need to find a way to return home and fight for the freedom of Equus, with a little help of course.

  • ...
14
 75
 2,899

Chapter I: Awakening in the unknown

Chapter I

Voices could be heard. Low whispers, familiar voices bantered back and forth through the darkness. They soon faded into pure silence, nothing could be heard, absolutely nothing! For that moment, there was no sound, no light,.... just.... silence.

Twilight was scared, she was lost in some sort of void, she couldn't see anything. And the fact she couldn't seem to move, was making everything worse. So she floated there, sobbing, even though no one could hear it, not even her. Suddenly, a face appeared out of nowhere, causing her to jump in fear as she soon recognized the face looking at her.

"Time to wake up...... princess" The Shadow said in its deep, rough voice.

Twilight's eyes flew open, finally escaping the darkness of her dream. But as soon as her eyes opened; she found herself blinded by light. As she blinked a few times to adjust her eyes to the strange and yet familiar source of light. She rubbed her eyes with her hoof and slowly sat up, looking down at herself. But only to gasp in surprise. Instead of hooves she found herself looking down at a pair of hands. She quickly took a look at the rest of her body, she was in her Canterlot high form? How could she be in her human form? Then it dawned on her, The portal may have sent her to the human realm. which meant that she could get help from her friends at Canterlot High.

As she stood up, she soon realized that there were a few things wrong. Firstly, she wasn't wearing the clothes that she usually wore when she visited the other versions of her friends, in fact, she wasn't wearing any clothes at all. Secondly, her skin color wasn't the usual lavender, though it was probably due to the sunset. And that was another thing, instead of finding herself around the school, she was in some sort of forest or jungle.

Twilight continued to ponder over her thoughts, but she was having trouble concentrating. She was thirsty, tired and hungry. Looking around she found an opening in the foliage, slowly making her way through, she prayed that she would find someone who could help her find her friends so she can get back to Equestria and fight the Shadow.

XXXXXXXXX

...Twilight had no idea how long she had been wondering throughout the impenetrable jungle, but she felt her consciousness fading. She was thirsty, tired, hungry and her feet where extremely sore. Her throat was sore from having screamed when The Shadow sent her into the portal and into this, unbearable heat. And now, she was dying for a drink, just to clench her thirst. The worst part, was the fact that her feet were all cut and scratched. Every step she took was agony. Twilight hoped that she wasn't to far from finding help. Who knew? Maybe she wasn't that far from the school, though she didn't remember there being a jungle of this size near or around the city of Canterlot when she first visited.

So she continued to walk, not really caring whether she was going in the wrong direction. All Twilight wanted, was to find her friends and sort all of this out. But the more she walked, the more she felt tired. In the end, her tiredness got to her, causing her to fall over flat on her face. She just wanted to stay there. Lying like that felt so........ nice. She could feel her eyelids getting heavier and heavier. But they immediately shot open when she heard something that sounded like voices. She lifted her head, the voices clearly coming from up ahead. Twilight slowly but surely she got back up. She was very wobbly but she felt an urge to keep going. Taking a few steps forward, until she was walking, then running. Pushing through the leaves and all the branches, she knew she was getting closer. Though she was completely undressed, her mind was way to tired to think of how she looked right now. All she focused on was getting help.

Running and pushing everything out of her way, Twilight made a final dash towards the voices. Only a few meters separating her from them. As she pushed through the last branches, Twilight gave a sigh of relief when she saw four Humans who were standing there, staring at her with their mouths agape, while pointing strange sticks at her. When she finally caught her breath, she smiled happily at the Humans.

"Hi my name's... (pant)... Twilight... (pant)... Sparkle... (pant)... and I was hoping you could help m---" She didn't get the chance to finish her sentence before her eyes rolled back into her head and she collapsed to the ground, the four Humans still staring at her.

XXXXXXXXX

Now, what would you do when you when a NAKED girl appears from nowhere, then collapses right in front of you. Well if you can please tell me cause I don't really know what to do in this situation. They never really trained any of us for this sort of thing, which is explainable since you shouldn't expect to meet a girl completely nude, especially out here. But here we are, staring at the corpse of a girl who appeared to be in here twenties, well she looked it when we could still see her face.

Of the four of us in the group, I was the first one to move. I tentatively made a few steps towards the woman. I knelt down, putting my finger to her neck, checking for a pulse. She was alive, that was the main thing, but I was very curious as to what a girl was doing OUT HERE with no clothes on. I tentatively turned her over. Yep, she was naked all alright. I looked away though, the others were still staring at her body. I just sighed at them.

"Alright you perverts, Jack can you come and give me a medical opinion on this?" I said, motioning to Jack the medic of the group, to come and help me

Jack moved to the other side of the woman and took her pulse.

"Her pulse appears to be normal, round about 70 beats in a minute." He said looking at his watch. Then he opened her mouth and proceeded to shine his torch into her mouth. "Her throat appears to be sore and dehydrated, as if she's been screaming." He said then turning to look at the rest of her body, trying to avoid her.... erogenous zones. During this time, Mark and Tomy had approached to see what we were doing. I turned to them.

"You guy's should watch our backs." I said to them, they nodded, making their way towards different cover positions. I turned my attention back to the unconscious female. Jack was now looking at her feet.

"What would a girl be doing out here with no clothes and foot wear?" He asked himself.

"Your guess is as good as mine." I said taking a look at her scratched feet, they looked almost as bad as mine. Jack then turned back to her face.

"Can you open her eyes for a sec Lou?" He asked me.

"Sure" I replied. I moved my hand to her face, opening her eye lids. After I opened them, Jack placed himself over her face, but once he got a good look at her eyes, he recoiled back in shock and horror.

"HOLY!!!!" He yelled, I didn't really understand what was wrong so just gave him a confused look. He noticed my confusion, and pointed at her head. "L-Look at her eyes man" He said, I just moved to look at her eyes but I to fell back in shock. Mark and Tomy turned to us.

"What's wrong Lou?" Mark asked, I just turned to him then pointed at her head.

"Her eyes" I said feeling a bit weird. "H-Her eyes are purple" Though many may not believe it, it was true. Here was a girl with violet colored irises, which I can classify as very strange. I was at a lost of what to say, Jack had regained his seated position over her, shining his torch into her eyes.

"From what I can see, there appears to be no constrictions, so I'm guessing her eyes are okay" He said, waving his hand letting me know that I could close her eyes. My eyes trailed off to the rest of her body. Jack crawled his way to her feet, separating each her toes, looking at the wounds she had. I, for the moment was looking at a strange tattoo on her left thigh. It was a six pointed purple star with, like, smaller white stars around the violet one.

"Pretty strange tattoo she's got here" I said, looking at Jack.

"Yeah, I know she's got one on this leg as well. She's also got strange hair." He said, while raping a bandage around both her feet. I looked at the rest of her body, but seeing how she was naked, it really took away her dignity. "Here Lou, try cleaning the open wounds with this, then we can give her any extra clothes we've got" Jack announced while holding a bottle of alcohol out to me with a pad. I took them and began to clean the worst of the scratches, not all of them, since we need every drop we had left.

After about five minutes, we both got up and I turned to Mark and Tomy.

"Mark, you got any spare clothes?" He just starred at me, surprise clear on his face.

"Sure" He said passing me a pair of skivvies.

"You Tomy?" I asked, he got on to knees, taking off his bag. He began rummaging through his stuff, then he pulled out a shirt with some socks, handing them over to me. I took them in both hands, thanking him, I turned back to the girl and began to dress her in the clothes we had. A hand tapped me on the shoulder, I turned to see Jack holding a raincoat. I raised an eyebrow

"Storm's coming." He said shrugging. I took it then returned my attention back to the girl and continued dressing her. It was quite surprising how big all of this stuff was on her. After prepping her up, I took my bag off and pulled out my spare pants. Mark helped me slide them on, suddenly, I loud rumble echoed in the distance.

"Well, you're never wrong about the weather." I said, turning to Jack who simply shrugged. "Alright, we need to find shelter before we get the worst of it" Grabbing my gear and picking the girl up, and cradled her in my arms. "Alright, lets move out" I said, Mark and Jack up front while Tomy was tailing, slowly making our way back the way we came.

XXXXXXXXX

We must have been walking for over half an hour, we were soaked by the downpour that was soon followed by the storm. It was as dark as night, the lightning only just piercing through the trees.

While we're walking, I might as well introduce myself and.... well.... talk about a bit about me and these idiots.

Well, my name is Lou Albert Xavier Conlin, I'm 18 years old about 1.9 meters, 54Kg, dark blond hair, light skin. I'm a Marine, actually I'm a Raider attached with the 2nd Marine Division. I was born in a happy family, great family, one younger sister and brother who still live in New York. They're not that much younger than me since they're both 15 years old.

The guy up ahead is called Mark, he's been my best friend since Boot Camp. He's roughly the same hight as me only, weighing around 63Kg, the normal weight for an adult, aged 19 and has Brown hair. He's the radio operator of the group.

The guy behind him is Jack, dark hair, 59Kg, 1.9 meters and the medic who takes care of everyone who gets hurt. Probably the most caring person I've known so far.

The last is Tomy, dark brown hair, 50Kg, 1.8 meters and the rookie of the group. Though I think that we've been through some weird stuff, nothing compares to what we've been through within the last few hours. Here I was holding a girl with strange hair and eye color, who was now wearing our over sized clothes.

Lightning flashed all around us, the flashes turned night into day, only within the bursts of light. This only made everything worse, the flashes creating shadows all over the place, some of them appeared to be reaching out to us. We were extremely jumpy, fear is dangerous, especially out here. Around half an hour later, we came across a cave within the slopes of the ravine we were following.

I held up my hand, I turned to Mark and Jack "Go check it out" I said pointing at the cave. They nodded, getting up and slowly making their way towards the entrance. Me and Tomy crouched down behind the surrounding foliage, we could clearly see Mark and Jack approaching the entrance to the cave, the bursts of lightning lighting up the entire area, both of them were illuminated by each burst.

Just a few seconds later, a figure came back out of the cave, the flashes of light allowed us to see that it was Mark.

"All clear Lou" He said as he approached us.

"Alright, get the radio set up I need to talk to HQ" I said to him as he helped me carry the girl towards the cave.

"Got it" He replied

As we entered our new home for the night, I made my way to the far end of the cave, trying not trip over anything. Since there were no lights, we all found it really hard to move around in the dark. The only light available was the lightning from outside. So, while navigating in the dark. Me and Mark made our way to the back of the cave, and slowly putting the girl down on the ground. I lifted her back up so Mark could slip his jacket under her back. Jack had now come over with a blanket and draped it out over her, this sense of unity was so strange, never had I seen the group working to help only one person before. Sure we had given our clothes and stuff away to others but never in a whole group collectivity to only one person.

The sound of a crank handle being turned brought me back to earth. I turned to see Mark starting up the radio set, he was turning dials, trying to find the right frequency.

"Able one, this is Able recon, do you read me, over?" He whispered into the phone. He kept on repeating the exact same sentence until, he finally got through.

"Able recon this is Able one, we read you four by five, over" Came a reply over the radio, Mark's dark form extended his arm out to me, holding the phone. I took it from his grasp.

"Able one, we have a situation, trip to the drum store has been compromised, over" I said to the voice.

"What's wrong? Over" Came the voice again.

"We found a girl, over" I replied, looking back at the dark shape of the girl who was suddenly alight with the bright white light of the storms lightning.

"I don't think I caught that, did you say a girl?! Over" The voice said in surprise.

"You heard correctly, we're trying to make our way back to you now, over" I said.

"Roger head back tomorrow, we will be expecting you, over and out" Said the voice before static was the only thing I could hear on the frequency. I slowly put the phone back down on the cradle on the radio set, by now all the others had regrouped around me.

"Alright, this is what we're going to do" I said looking at each of them. "Before day break, tomorrow, we're goona head back to the line, hopefully the guards will be expecting us, the password is the same as before, so try not to get your head blown off." They nodded in response, I turned my attention now to the mystery woman. "Though I don't know what's going to happen to her when we get there." I sighed, hoping I was doing the right thing.

As the storm passed, we were now immersed in total darkness, only the rare moonlight would brake through the dense jungle. Mark was sat near the cave entrance, Jack was sleeping in his own corner, Tomy was sat near Mark, the light from outside seemed to make their faces glow in its white light. As for me, I was sitting near beside the girl incase she showed any signs of waking up. It may seem creepy to some people for a guy to watch a girl while she's sleeping, but they have to understand that I have no choice. If she wakes up and starts yelling and screaming, she could alert the enemy and believe me, the Nips are the last people anyone would want to be with right now. I believe she was lucky that we were the ones that she came across. I don't think the enemy would show as much kindness than we have.

XXXXXXXXX

The ground was black, everything appeared to be covered in a black shroud of dust and rubble. But for Twilight, the ruins at her feet were all to familiar. She carefully made her way through the mess of destruction, in her wake, she left a trail of hoof prints in the grey dust. Ash fell from the sky, it was so thick, making the air almost unbreathable. To her left, Twilight spied a building in a blaze. It was the same thing for numerous buildings ahead, tears began to swell up in her eyes, the town she had come to call home was now in ruins. For some reason, she couldn't bring herself to stop walking further into town, her mind was at a lost to comprehend. How could this happen.

As she continued to walk, her right fore hoof hit something lying in the dust. Slowly bringing her hoof against the metal surface, she brushed it clear enough for her to choke on her own tears. There, lying on the ground was a sign, and on it was a large cupcake...... Sugar Cube Corner. Twilight could only stand there, her heart was on the point of exploding into a million pieces, everything she knew was now gone, gone with the ashes.

Though she soon became aware that somepony was standing next to her, she slowly lifted her head only to reel back in shock to see the Shadow standing there, a serious look on his face.

"It's surprising how fast everything seems to fade isn't it?" He said in a calm voice even if it still sounded as scary as the first time she heard it. "I grew up in a small town like this when I was young" He said looking down at her, she was surprised to see a look of resent cross his face. "Believe me, miss Sparkle I do regret having destroyed all of this" He said waving his hoof at the surrounding area. "But those ponies shouldn't have locked me away in that Galaxias damn mirror." He said gritting his teeth. He then looked down at Twilight, her eyes were filled with hope and Wonder, was he really regretting what he'd done?

"I have no regret, and I will not bring you back. You are my enemy Miss Sparkle, just like the other princess's and this is the price you've played for being my enemy." He said his evil smile creeping across his muzzle. "Every time you fall asleep, you shall be haunted by what you see here, you will have no good dreams, only nightmares. And this, will make sure you'll never be happy again" He said, waving his hoof around before the scenery changed. Into that of graves, five graves each baring the cutie marks of her friends, her lips were trembling, slowly approaching the graves, she placed her hoof against that of Pinkie Pie's. At that point, she was no longer able to hold back her tears. Behind her, the Shadow began to chuckle, growing louder and louder until it reached a full laugh. Twilight could only whimper before, suddenly, she let out all of her despair in a loud ear piercing scream.

XXXXXXXXX

Here I was, thinking back over everything that had happened recently. Trying to piece together where this strange girl came from, I remembered her saying something before she passed out but I was way to shocked to see a girl out in this jungle, completely naked.

I was broken out of my train of thought when a loud scream echoed around the cave, waking Jack and Tomy who were sleeping peacefully. It took me a few seconds to react to the screaming girl on the floor, I immediately lunged forward, putting my hands over her mouth, muffling out the screams. The others came to help hold her down, just as her eyes opened, they showed signs of fear and sorrow.

"SHHH! SHHH! Be quiet or you'll get us all killed!!" I hissed, trying to get her to stop moving and screaming. After a few more seconds of struggling, the girl started to calm down, carefully, I slowly lifted my hand away, her eyes seemed to be still adjusting to the darkness we were in. She still appeared to be scared, she didn't seem to understand where she was.

"It's okay, you're safe, no one's going to hurt you." I said in a reassuring tone, she only nodded in response, the others backed off a bit, Mark ran back to the entrance, making sure no one was approaching the cave.

As the girl slowly sat up, she looked up at me, opening her mouth to say something but only a dry croak was all she could get out. She then began making a drinking motion with her hands, understanding immediately, I grabbed my canteen and handed it over to her.

"Here you go" I said, she responded by grabbing the bottle in both hands and began drinking it pretty rapidly. "Hey Hey Hey, not so fast, we ain't got much of that left" pulling the canteen away from her mouth, she seemed to savor every drop.

"T-Thank you" she whispered, her voice sounded very kind and sweet. Taking back the canteen and putting it away, I turned my attention back to the girl.

"Your welcome, name's Lou, Lou Conlin. What's yours?" I asked, hoping she wouldn't shy away, but instead she answered almost instantly.

"Twilight Sparkle" She answered excitedly. Twilight Sparkle? Twilight Sparkle? What kind of a name is that? I mean, I've got nothing against it, it sounds rather cute but rather inappropriate for a girl especially nowadays.

"Well err... Twilight....Sparkle... would you mind telling me what you were doing out in THIS jungle with no no clothes on?"

"Well you see, I'm a bit lost and I'm trying to find my friends, then I ran into you guy's. I don't know why I didn't have any clothes on, I guess its just a normal pony thing." She answered looking down at the clothes we had dressed her in.... w-wait... did she say normal PONY thing??!!!. She must have hit her head or something.

"Pony?" I said, a bit confused. The others had returned to what ever I told them earlier, though they were all taking great interest in our conversation.

"Yes, I'm a pony. Princess Twilight Sparkle, bearer of the element of Magic and former student to Princess Celestia." She said, a sense of pride in her words. But for the moment, the only thing my mind was doing was screaming: ELLE EST FOLLE!!!

At that moment, Jack crept up to me and whispered into my ear "Lou, I think is in need of a doctor. A psychiatric doctor." and I had to admit, I think she really needed one. Not only does she think that she's a pony but also a PRINCESS?!

"Okay? And what are you doing out here in this jungle?" I asked, hoping I wouldn't get a stupid answer.

"Well, you see, I'm in need of some help. I need to find my friends at Canterlot High" She said, I mentaly face palmed. Canterlot High, seriously?

"And where is this.... Canterlot High?"

"Well surely you should know, don't you colts go to school anymore?" Colts? Colts? She might need more than one doctor help her out, unless she was lying, she might be trying to get out of this place, so she invents a story so ridiculous so everyone thinks she's mad so they give her a section 8. But still, that doesn't explain what she was doing out here alone with no clothes on. Things weren't adding up.

"Well no, we don't go to school anymore and well there are no schools around here and none of us have ever been to a school with that name before." I answered honestly.

"Oh surely you know we can't be that far away, it should be in this country" she said

"What country?" I asked plainly.

"Well Humanestria of course!" she said in a duh tone

"Human what now?" Jack asked

"Humanestria...." When we only gave her a confused look, she sighed "The country we're in right now"

"I'm a history and geography fanatic and I can tell you there is no such country. For that matter, we're not even in a country." I answered back.

"Then where am I?" She asked, sounding a bit impatient. Is she serious, she really must have hit head.... hard. So I replied with the truth.

"...Guadalcanal..."

Author's Note:

Well here we go, we're realy getting started now. Like it says in the description, sorry for any orthograph mistakes. I will try to correct them as best I can. I will try and bring out a new chapter once a month, but for the moment I'm passing my Bac so revisions are my first priority.

Also, if there is anyone who has got the same name as the narrator, it is not supposed to represent that person. :twilightsheepish: