• Published 23rd Apr 2016
  • 933 Views, 89 Comments

Blood Red Roses - totallynotabrony



Roseluck is bitten by a wolf under the light of a full moon. That isn't something you can just tell your friends. Fortunately, she has a diary.

  • ...
3
 89
 933

May 5

6:45 am
I had a lot of time to think last night, but fortunately library books kept me mostly occupied. Daisy and Lilly should wake up soon.

8:00 am
And we're off! Apparently they're testing a new locomotive. It's shiny. That's about all I know. It seems to make way less smoke.

8:50 am
The train broke. No idea what went wrong. They're sending another engine from Canterlot to take us the rest of the way. It'll be at least an hour of sitting. Daisy and Lilly are going for a walk.

This is silly, but I've already decided nopony will ever read this but me.
I keep thinking about what Lamplight said. I mean, what are the odds of getting attacked by a wolf during a full moon? Granted, probably as good as any other day, but right after that weird things started happening. Well, not immediately. Looking back, it took me maybe thirteen or fourteen hours to get symptoms.
It...would explain the crazy changes that have been happening to my body lately. I'm always eating and not sleeping much. I'm still kind of hoping Lamplight just spiked my tea with some sort of crazy drug.
How bucking weird is it that I'm hoping I was drugged?
But what is Lamplight actually doing? How did he know about the bite on my leg? Does he think I was bitten by a werewolf?
No, that's silly. If he thinks I'm a werewolf, then why did he willingly walk into the forest with me on - April 29? But I don't remember what happened after that. Was it another wolf attack? Did he attack? Is he a werewolf? The werewolf? Am I? Did I attack him?
But wait, the 29th wasn't a full moon. Can werewolves change without a full moon? How should I know?

10:08 am
Finally moving again.

You know what? Lamplight's a creep. I'm not going to listen to anything he says. He's probably feeding me pucky just to mess with me.

12:12 pm
The arrangement looks awesome! Daybringer Tulips and Queen of the Night Tulips. Of course they're perfect. The Princesses loved them.

1:20 pm
Late lunch to celebrate. Got to get back to the train soon.

4:30 pm
There was a dead bird on my bedroom floor when we go home. I smelled it as soon as we walked in the front door. The poor thing must have come down the flue and couldn't get out again. I just wish it had died somewhere besides the direct sunlight of my bedroom. I took care of it. Yuck.

4:45 pm
I'm going to the library now.

Huh, apparently Princess Twilight had something to do with the new train that broke. Something about a new power source. She started talking unicorn stuff. Way over my head.

6:40 pm
All this time after dinner and nothing to do but read :D