• Published 31st Mar 2016
  • 1,883 Views, 17 Comments

I think we're lost - Poetic Brony



Two brothers get lost on their friends property and wind up in Equestria

  • ...
10
 17
 1,883

Who stays and who goes?

Sugar Cube Corner was bustling with activity as ponies from Ponyville all wanted to get a look at the newcomers. Of course Pinkie Pie kept telling ponies that the two men and Twilight were having a meeting in her bakery and of course the ponies took the bait. The Cakes were having a hard time trying to keep up with the customers' or gawkers, demands as the equine residents came to see what the trio were up to.

It didn't help that Rainbow Dash kept retelling what happened to them back at the ancient church. Her story grew ever more wildly embellished with each retelling. Fortunately Dave was able to put a stop most of the rumors the pegasus was spreading, but he failed to completely squash them. So, the ponies curiosity got the better of them as every pony in townwanted to see Arron's scar. He obliged by lifting his shirt to show the really curious ones, though they were sorely disappointed because the only thing any pony could see was the white dressing that covered his wound.

Scootaloo, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Bell all demanded that he remove the dressing so that they could see, but he rebuked them by telling them that he'd promised the doctor that he wouldn't take it off, for any reason. The ponies let out a collective disappointed aww when he told them. The trio of fillies somberly filed out the door. I can't believe they used their recess to come here just to see me, Arron thought watching them go.

Arron was leaning up against the wall as he watched Twilight and his brother scarf down several confections. I'm shocked, they don't go into sugar shock, he thought with a smirk that quickly deteriorated and became a scowl because his side started to make him feel rather uncomfortable. Arron adjusted the way he was sitting so that his newly acquired wound would stop paining him so. Never thought I'd get my gut sliced open by an empty suit of armor, he thought as he sat up straighter, taking the cushion he was sitting on with him. Why do these ponies prefer cushions over chairs, he thought to himself so he wouldn't interrupt his companions conversation. He was still listening to what Twilight and his brother were telling him, but he was having a hard time swallowing what they were saying.

Dave had the book they'd recovered from the church open in front of him, Twilight craned her neck so that she could see which page he was on. Dave finally gave up and pushed the book in front of her so that she wouldn't have to stretch her neck so far.

Twilight smiled at Dave in thanks, before using her magic to levitate the book in front of her.

"Are you saying that our ancestors came to Equestria from our world," Arron said while he again had to readjust his sitting position. "And, how long is a thousand moons exactly?"

"No," Twilight said looking up from the book. "it was your ancestor, singular, who came here in the..." she used her magic to flip a few pages. "Oh, here it is, he got here in the eighteen seventies?"

"Seventy, Twilight," Dave said correcting her. "And surprisingly his name was Dave too." He turned to his brother and gave him a wide smile.

"Wait, wait, wait," Arron told them. "You mean to tell me that our ancestor, Dave came to Equestria about, a hundred and fifty years ago?" He exclaimed.

"That would be an accurate assumption," Twilight said with a nod. "He wouldn't have been able to leave this journal behind if he hadn't been here!" She said matter of factly.

That's just great, Arron thought. "So, how did we manage to get here?"

Twilight and Dave exchanged several glances that set off several alarms in Arron's head. The way they just looked at each other tells me they're about to say something I'm not going to like, he thought because neither Dave nor Twilight seemed too anxious to answer.

"Ya, about that..." Twilight started, but Dave shook his head at her.

"No, Twilight, I'll tell him," Dave said sounding rather sorrowful or worried, one of the two, Arron really couldn't decide.

"Tell me what?" Arron hesitantly asked.

"Well, from what we've read, one of us is going to have to stay here..." Dave said, quickly averting his gaze.

And, Arron thought. Ijust know there's going to be an and.

"And... the one who does isn't going to like it," Twilight finished Dave's thought.

Yep, I totally called it, Arron thought letting out a sigh. "No, don't tell me, it's probably got something to do with an old prophecy, and our family, or something stupid like that."

"Wow," Twilight said surprised. "How did you guess all that?"

Arron shrugged. "Isn't it always?"

Twilight was rather taken aback by his answer, but she smiled and said, "Good point!"

"So, Arron," Dave hesitantly said while he eyed his older brother who was busy studying his glass of orange juice. "Do you want to be the one who stays?"

Arron sighed, I knew that was coming, he though. Dave has a lot more things going on back home than I do... I'm still struggling to find another job, and Dave is working on his masters degree, then there's that girlfriend of his... Arron halted his inner monologue to look up at his brother; he set his glass back on the table. "I guess that's the only reasonable option."

Dave let out a sigh of relief. At least now I don't have to stay in this... stupid pony place, Dave thought.

Arron was about to empty what would have been his fourth glass of orange juice, but Dave was giving him such a smirk he put it back down.

"What," Arron asked annoyed.

Dave pointed at the book, "You'll never guess who we're related to," he enthusiastically said.

Arron only rolled his eyes. "Try me..." I thought I was the one who liked doing genealogy, he thought.

Dave slapped his hands against the table startling several ponies in the process, including Twilight who yelped. "Did you know we're related to the maid of Orleans! Because I didn't!"

Arron went wide-eyed, while Twilight lowered the book. "Dave keeps saying that, but I still have no idea what he's talking about," Twilight turned to Arron. "Can you please tell me who this maid of Orleans pony..." She vigorously shook her head a few times. "I mean person, is, Arron?"

Arron shook his head in disbelief. I never would have thought we'd be related to her, he thought before answering Twilight. "The maid of Orleans, is, or was the reason why the French won the hundred years war," Arron explained, Twilight's eyes went wide with excitement.

A war that lasted a hundred years, Twilight thought. That sounds so fascinating I hope Arron will be able to tell me more. She glanced over at Dave and frowned. Dave doesn't explain anything to me, and I'm the one who's actually reading the book!

Twilight closed the book and leaned on her forehooves so she could intently listen to the older brother. They didn't really notice but practically every pony in Sugar Cube Corner was doing the same thing. The only sounds heard were coming from the kitchen where Pinkie Pie and Mr. Cake were busy baking more muffins.

Arron was about to continue, when Rainbow Dash burst into the building. All heads turned to the pegasus mare.

"Arron," Rainbow Dash exclaimed through her panting. "I heard you were out of the hospital, are you OK? Does your stomach still hurt? Are you mad at me"—

"Rainbow Dash," Twilight yelled getting her friend's attention. She coughed a few times. "As you can see Arron is just fine, and I don't think he's mad at you"— She turned to Arron. — "are you?"

Arron shook his head. "No, I'm not mad at you, why? Did you think I was mad at you Rainbow Dash?"

Rainbow Dash blushed a bit. "Ya, well, I thought you might be."

"See, Rainbow," Twilight declared. "I told you he wouldn't be mad at you."

"Hee, hee," Rainbow Dash nervously laughed and sat down on the cushion next to Twilight. "I don't know why I'd think that..." she trailed off.

"Anyway," Twilight said turning her attention back to the man sitting across from her. "Arron you were about to tell me about the hundred years war!"

"What in the hay is the"— Rainbow Dash quickly fell silent when Twilight let out her famous perturbed groan and gave Rainbow Dash that disapproving glare of hers.

"Never mind," Rainbow squeaked before shutting up.

Arron didn't mind the interruption because it gave him time to finish off his glass of juice. Though he was a bit startled when Pinkie Pie, nothing but a streak raced in took his empty glass he'd just set down and replaced it with another full one.

How does she do that, Arron thought, watching the door leading into the kitchen swing a few times.

"Pinkie sense," Pinkie Pie yelled from the kitchen.

It took a moment for everyone in the restaurant to go back to what they were doing, which was mostly waiting for Arron to continue his explanation.

"That would take too long," Arron told them as a loud awwwws filled the room. "But I can tell you about the maid of Orleans..." He quickly offered the ponies who all seemed to like the idea because they all started muttering their agreement.

"Are you sure you even know about her," Dave quizzically asked his brother.

"I know enough," Arron countered with a shrug.

Twilight took out a quill and parchment from what seemed like thin air, Arron didn't have time to ponder this, he coughed to garner every ponies attention.

"The maid of Orleans, sometimes referred as the maid of Lorraine, was a young peasant girl in France," Arron said while Twilight scribbled madly on her parchment. "it was in the mid fourteen hundreds when the French were being defeated at almost every turn by the English army that invaded in the early thirteen hundreds,"— Arron stopped to take a sip of his orange juice, many of the ponies were now oohing and awing when Arron continued his story. — "Joan of Arc receiving visions from above, took charge of the French armies and due to her patriotism and diligence France was saved."

Twilight dropped her quill. "Wait, that's it?"

Arron shrugged. "That pretty much sums it up."

Rainbow Dash slammed her hooves on the table. "But, what happened to her?" She demanded and the other ponies in the restaurant all seemed to agree with her.

"Let's just say... it didn't end well for her," Arron said with a sigh. "She was captured and sentenced to death by an inquisition from the Church, she was found guilty of blasphemy and ended up being burned at the stake..." The ponies let out horrified gasps when he told them.

Arron continued when the ponies settled down. "She was exonerated of the charges, but that was many years later. Then several decades after Joan of Arc became one of the French patron saints," Arron finished before he emptied his glass of juice. Still, I'm surprised we're related to Joan of Arc, Arron thought sitting his glass back down, though he hoped Pinkie Pie wouldn't replace it with another full one. He was grateful when she didn't, he was afraid he'd tare open the hole in his gut if he drank anymore.

Arron looked at his brother when Dave suddenly cleared his throat. "Arron," he said sounding both fearful and apologetic at the same time. "I'm afraid there's even more bad news."

Arron rolled his eyes. What now, he thought. Dave's only answer was to take the book from Twilight and turned the pages to find the one he was looking for, when he found it he pushed the book in front of his brother.

Arron went wide-eyed after he picked up the book and started to read. In the middle of the right hand page was a hand written poem. Arron couldn't tell if it was his ancestor who wrote it himself, or if he copied it from somewhere else, but what was written sent a chill up Arron's spin.

Seven swords and seven rings fit for seven kings.

One would come to pick up the trail,

but, two more would succeed where the one would fail,

of the two one would remain,

though the one's name in infamy would ever remain.

Arron reread the poem several time before he slowly placed the book down on the table. He folded his fingers and rested his forehead into the makeshift cradle. "This can't be real," he muttered. So, I'm going to be famous for doing something bad? And just who are these seven kings, this sounds like something out of Lord of the Rings... did our ancestors know Tolkien? Where did this even come from? Who is the original author?

Arron lifted his head and looked at his brother and Twilight who were both frowning. "Does anyone else know about this?" He was a bit relieved when they both shook their heads.

"No, Arron," Twilight frowned. "Only Dave and I... and now you, of course." She paused a moment to gather her thoughts. "When I first read this... I didn't know what to think, I was going to ask Princess Celestia and Luna about it, but I feared what they might do to you if I did tell them." Twilight crossed her forehooves on the table and rested her muzzle on them. "I don't know what to do..."

That goes for the both of us, Twilight, Arron thought.

Dave took the book back and closed it. He rested his arm over the cover just in case some pony decided they wanted to peek inside.

"What are you guys talking about?" Rainbow Dash asked her frowning friends.

"I'm sorry Rainbow," Twilight turned her head to the puzzled pegasus. "But I'm not at liberty to say... at least not till I find a solution."

Good luck with that Twilight, Arron thought rolling his eyes. From my experience there's no way to fix, prophecy... At least I think it's a prophecy?

Rainbow Dash kept asking what all the secrecy was about. Arron and Dave kept telling her that it wasn't anything she needed to worry about.

Twilight avoided Rainbow Dash's persistence by getting up to pay for the food, she was rather surprised that neither of them really ate much, Dave had two muffins and Arron only had the glasses of orange juice. Twilight did ask him if he wanted something to eat, but Arron refused because he didn't want to put a strain on his stitches.

He must be afraid of getting scolded by Dr. Hoarse, Twilight thought while she handed Mrs. Cake the five bits. It was her turn to attend the register and fill the orders.

Pinkie Pie zoomed out of the kitchen and in a blink quickly cleared the table of all the plates and glasses from the table when the trio left.

"I still haven't forgotten I need to tell a better joke than you," she yelled at the two men who exited the restaurant with the princess.

"It wasn't that funny Pinkie!" Twilight cried in frustration.

The brother's were getting some odd stares as Twilight led them back to her castle. They thanked her and were very grateful that Twilight was allowing them to crash at her castle until they could either find a way home or find their own place to stay. Arron took the book from his brother so that he could read it in the library. Twilight accompanied him, it was the room in her castle where she spent most of her time.

Twilight was actually enjoying Arron's company, he would ask her questions about Equestria that the show didn't seem to answer. She was more than happy to explain things to the brother who would probably be staying for an extended period of time. Dave, on the other hand was board out of his mind, he was only with them in the library for a few minutes till he got fed up and left for who knows where, there wasn't really any place for him to go.

Twilight ordered Spike to keep an eye on the younger brother in order to keep him out of trouble. Spike gave her a salute and fallowed after the taller man.

"Sorry, about my brother's attitude," Arron apologized. "I think he's worried that we won't be able to find a way home in time for his finals."

Twilight cocked her head to the side. "What's a final?"

I'm surprised she doesn't know what a final is, he thought. I mean didn't her friends in the human version of Equestria tell her about the tests they have to take at the end of the term? He shrugged it off. "It's like a really important exam that students have to take, and they can have a really big effect on said student's overall score." Arron explained.

Twilight smiled and clapped her hooves together. "It's like a test! I love tests, do you think I could help your brother study for his final?" Her eyes went wide while she awaited Arron's answer. Her mouth and ears fell when he shook his head.

"Oh," she said defeated.

"It's not that he'd turn down the help, Twilight," Arron said, she perked back up at this. "It's just you probably wouldn't know anything about programming or our business practices. Trust me, I'm pretty smart, but even I don't know what he's talking about sometimes," he said with a smile.

"So it's not that he wouldn't want the help, it's that I don't have the necessary knowledge to help?" Twilight asked to make sure she understood.

She hit the nail on the head, he thought. "Yep," he tried to sound like Big Mac, that made her giggle.

Arron and Twilight both spent the rest of the day with their muzzles or noses in their respective books.

The sun was about to crest its zenith when Dave stepped out of Twilight's castle. He stretched and yawned before digging Arron's car keys out of his pocket. Dave pressed the button to pop the trunk and was soon rummaging for the small camera bag that contained his brother's two video cameras. Spike noticed that Dave, leaned over inside the car, so he walked up to stand next to him.

"What are you looking for?" Spike's abrupt question made the man hit his head against the hood.

"Oww," Dave cried, he glared at the small dragon that had appeared next to him. "Spike you scared me."

Spike rubbed the back of his head. "Ugh... Sorry?"

Dave gave the dragon a dismissive wave. He pushed one of the rifle cases out of the way to see if the item he was looking for was hiding behind it.

"So," Spike asked, hoisting himself up to see what Dave was doing. "What are you looking for?"

"Ah ha!" Dave ecstatically exclaimed when he found the case. "This," he said and showed Spike a small black cloth box with a zipper cover.

Spike jumped down from his perch and eyed the case. "A small saddle bag," spike unenthusiastically stated.

Dave ignored Spikes sarcasm and unzipped the bag to pull out the Toshiba HD camcorder.

"What's that?" Spike's whole attitude drastically changed as the dragon watched Dave unzip one of the small side pockets to pull out a small black box. He placed the box inside of a small hatch on the camcorder.

I hope Arron charged this before he put it away, Dave thought. He pushed the hatch closed with a click and flipped open the screen. The Toshiba logo came up and a chime sounded. Dave saw that the bar indicating the battery life was all green and good to go.

Now it's time for some fun, Dave thought. He looked down at the wide eyed and gaping dragon. "Well, Spike want me to tell you what this thing is... or would you like me to show you?"

"Oh, yes please show me!" Spike pleaded.

Dave gave the dragon a conniving grin. "I will if you show me around the rest of Ponyville, Twilight didn't really let me outside the last few days except when I was checking in on my brother at the hospital."

Spike pondered this a moment before answering. "All right," Spike said. "But where would you like to go?"

This time Dave had to think, he gave up and shrugged. "I don't know someplace with action, I guess would be good."

Action, action, Spike thought. "Wait," he cried when idea struck him. "How about the bowling alley!"

They have a bowling alley, Dave though. But, they're ponies how can they bowl with no hands! Dave shook his head in order to clear it. "Now this I've got to see!"

Spike led Dave through town, where the bowling alley was located. Dave had turned off the camera so he wouldn't waste the battery.

"Let me get this straight," Spike pointed at the camera. "You use that tiny device to record moving pictures? And then you can stream them on the internet?"

"Uh huh," Dave replied. "You got it."

"What have you got?" Rainbow Dash's abrupt question made both the human and dragon look up where the pegasus pony hovered over their heads.

"Rainbow Dash," Spike put his claws on his hips. "Hasn't anypony told you that it's rude to eaves drop on ponies private conversations." His scolding only made her chuckle, which in turn caused him to frown.

"Spike," Rainbow Dash chortled. "Hasn't anypony told you not to try and sound like Twilight, because it just doesn't work."

"Ugh, the things I put up with," Spike lamented.

"Ya, ya, whatever," Rainbow Dash said. She hovered next to Dave. "So that thing takes moving pictures huh... so if I performed a sonic rainboom would I be able to watch it, and show it to all my friends?"

"Uhh, I guess..." Dave replied. "But what's a sonic rainboom?"

"You haven't heard of a sonic rainboom?" Rainbow Dash cried. "It's only the awesomest most stupendaculest thing ever!" She used her hooves to greatly emphasize her speech.

"Rainbow Dash," Spike said, his eyelids partially closed. "He's not from here... remember."

Rainbow Dash's jaw nearly hit the ground when Spike said that. "I completely forgot..." She said and then she suddenly flew off.

"What was that about," Dave asked no one in particular, though Spike was kind enough to offer a reply.

"I have no idea," Spike shrugged. "I've known her for a few years now and I still don't understand that pony... and Pinkie Pie... I don't think anypony will ever understand her."

Dave let out a sigh as he and Spike continued their trek to the bowling alley.

Spike used his arms to show Dave where the bowlers of Ponyville gather. "This is it," he said with a wide grin. He lowered his arms when he noticed that Dave was just gawking at the bowling center. "Ugh, Dave... helloo? Are you OK?"

They really do have a bowling alley... Dave thought. He finally snapped out of it when he realized that he was about to drop the camera. "Sorry Spike, I just didn't... you know... expect ponies you know... were able to bowl without hands." He wriggled the fingers on his left hand because he held his brother's camera with his right.

"Did somepony say hands!" A mare cried out.

Dave and Spike turned where the voice originated. They noticed that a minty colored unicorn was galloping their way. She skidded to a halt in front of Dave. She went wide eyed and her mouth hung agape as she looked up at the much taller being before her.

"Oh, hi, Lyra," Spike unenthusiastically stated. Twilight told me to keep her as far away from the humans as possible while they were here, but now that she's busy with Arron in the library, Dave was able to wander away from the castle, he thought.

Lyra ignored Spike while another pony galloped up them. The cream coated mare with blue and pink mane was panting when she trotted up to her friend.

"Lyra," she scolded. "You shouldn't take off on me like that!"

"Oh, what?" Lyra said. She took her eyes off of Dave to turn to her friend. "Sorry Bon Bon, but this is the first time I've had a chance to see the human up close!" She pointed a hoof at Dave.

Bon Bon rolled her eyes. "Whatever," she said. "Now that you've seen him can we please go." Bon Bon bit Lyra's tail and started dragging her friend away.

"But, but... hands... human... hands!" Lyra protested, but Bon Bon continued to drag her away from the pair of puzzled males.

Spike was the first to snap out of it giving Bon Bon a thumbs up. Good job, he thought.Bon Bon gave Spike a wink, his grateful thanks didn't go unnoticed.

Spike took this opportunity to push on the back of Dave's leg to try and get him to go inside the bowling alley to escape any other ponies that would love to get a closer look at Ponyville's strangest resident.

Dave chuckled at Spike's attempt to usher him into the building, he smirked when he allowed the much smaller being to do so.

"Alright, alright," Dave said in mock protest. "I'm going Spike, there's no need to get physical."

Dave's mocking only made the small dragon double his efforts. It wasn't long before Spike forced Dave into the bowling alley where all heads turned almost at once to see the giant man that filled up almost the entire entrance. Murmuring was heard, most of the ponies conversed about the appearance of one of the two humans that showed up only a few days before.

"Hello, there big guy," a relatively large gray coated stallion with black mane, wearing a striped shirt, trotted around the back of the counter where he was just polishing up some of the bowling balls. "The names King Pin," he said holding out a hoof. "I'm the owner of this bowling ally, though I must admit this is the first time I've ever had a bighoof in my establishment. Can you even bowl?"

Dave knelt down so he could shake King Pin's hoof. So, the ponies have something similar to a handshake... that's a bit strange, he thought as he got back to his feet. "I'm not really here to bowl," Dave said making King Pin frown. "I am here to document, ponies bowling, that is if you'd let me." Dave quickly explained.

"Ya," Spike said. "That's why he brought his camera!"

King Pin used a hoof to stroke his chin to think about it. "You mean that black box thing is a camera, and you want to take pictures of ponies bowling?"

"No," Spike said with a raised claw. "It's not a camera, but a camcorder!"

King Pin seemed confused. "What in the hoof is a camcorder?"

"It records motion as well as sound rather than still images," Dave explained.

King Pin was joined by several other ponies, they all went wide eyed. "You mean to tell me that you can record ponies bowling and then play it back!"

Dave shrugged. "More like re-watch it, some people back home like to use these,"— Dave showed the ponies gather around him the camcorder. —"to capture important moments in time." He finished with a grin.

"That's awesome," King Pin exclaimed. "I'll tell you what, I'll let you use that camcorder of yours any time you want just so long as you show me what you've recorded before you leave."

Dave shrugged and nodded his head. "Sounds like a plan to me."

"Then we have a deal," King Pin held out his hoof so they could shake on it, Dave of course obliged and again shook his hoof to seal the deal.

King Pin gave Dave and Spike a nod before heading back behind the counter to finish polishing the bowling balls. When Dave turned around, he was rather shocked when he faced a trio of ponies. The leader was a sharp dressed stallion with wild mane.

"Hay man," the pony said in a strange accent. "I couldn't help but over hear you talkin to the manager, my compadres and I were wondering if you would be so kind as to take that picture device and record us bowling, man."

Uhh, what the... Dave thought. Is that supposed to be English? I mean seriously, who talks like that? This pony sounds like some shmuk from New York met a bigger shmuk from L.A and they both ended up talking like this...

Dave nudged Spike with his foot, Spike looked up at the pleading man who was desperately seeking his help.

Spike gave Dave a wink. "I'm sorry my good pony, but my friend here is more interested in documenting everypony in the place. He can't be wasting time on just you guys."

"Well, whatever man," the pony said. "But, if you like change your mind or something, then my compadres and I will be in lane seven." The ponies all started for their lane. Dave let out a rather large sigh of relief. Then the pony turned back around.

"The name's Dude, by the way, man," the Dude said. "And my two compadres with me are Walter,"— The dude pointed at the larger pony with the huge sun shades. —"And the skinny guy is my bud Danny,"— The dude pointed at the skinny pony with the red shirt and short trimmed mane. —"Like I said, man we'll be in lane seven if you change your mind."

Danny gave the two dumbfounded beings a nod before trotting off to join his friends.

Then a dark gray pegasus stallion with at thundercloud shooting a lightning bolt cutie marktrotted up to them. "Don't worry about them," he said. "Oh, sorry... where are my manners, the names Thunder Lane."

Dave was grateful that there was at least one normal pony in the place. He got to one knee so that Thunder Lane wouldn't have to tilt his head so far to look at him.

"There are a bunch of us that are interested in that camcorder, thing of yours," Thunder Lane continued, pointing a hoof at the device Dave was holding. "The other ponies were a little intimidated by your size to actually try talking to you, but when Jeff Letrotski started talking to you I just had to meet you!"

So, The Dude does have a real name, Dave thought, he quickly glanced over at Jeff and his friends who were pulling their bowling balls from their bags.

Dave gave Thunder Lane a smile. "It's good to meet you, and please tell the other ponies that my size doesn't mean that I'm well mean..." Dave chuckled at his own humor.

Thunder Lane didn't laugh, but he did smile. "I'll tell the other ponies you're not a bad bighoof."

Dave shrugged. I have no idea what that means, he thought as Thunder Lane went over to join his own friends.

Dave got back to his feet and popped open the LCD screen turning the camcorder on, the ponies in the immediate vicinity all turned their heads when they heard the camcorder chime.

"What was that?" Dave heard one pony say.

"I don't know, but I think it came from that bighoof's camera thing." Another pony said.

Dave ignored the other ponies banter and pressed the record button to start filming.

"Hello," Dave began. "I know you're not going to believe me, but I'm here in the Ponyville bowling alley."— Dave panned the whole place making sure he was getting the scope of the center. —"assisting me today is, Twilight's pet dragon Spike," Dave said, panning the camcorder down to capture said dragon.

"I'm more of an assistant, than a pet," Spike muttered as he waved into the camera.

"Whatever," Dave deadpanned. Then he got worried when Spike suddenly started clutching his stomach as if he was in pain.

"Spike are you alright?" Dave asked worried as Spike belched out a flame making Dave jump back in alarm.

Dave recorded the whole thing. The green flame Spike belched suddenly turned into a scroll.

"Nay, you don't have to worry about me," Spike said to Dave. He used both of his claws to give him a dismissive wave. "It's just a letter from Princess Celestia to Twilight..." he stopped mid sentence when that fact sunk in. "Oh, no!" He cried and scrambled to retrieve the scroll that fell on the floor. "I have to hurry and take this to Twilight!"

Dave let out a lamenting sigh. "Does that mean I have to go with you, my dear observer of keeping me out of trouble?"

Spike nodded, he beckoned Dave to follow. Isn't this my luck, Dave thought. He headed out the door, he clearly heard a symphony of lamenting awwws from the ponies inside the bowling alley after he closed the door.

It wasn't long before Spike and Dave were back at the castle. When they got to the library Spike interrupted Twilight who was busy reading a book, he handed the scroll to her when he finally managed to get Twilight's attention.

At first Twilight seemed rather annoyed by the sudden interruption, but when Spike handed over the scroll she used her magic to snatch it out of his claws. Arron, noticed Dave and Spike walk in so he carefully got up and sauntered over to them.

"What's going on," he asked, but no one answered. Twilight suddenly went wide-eyed and was turning pale, her ears flattened against the sides of her head as she let go of the scroll which dropped to the floor. The very sound of the roll of parchment felt more like an anvil or some other heavy object when she looked up at the two men and gulped.

"Uhhh, I don't know how to put this gently, so I'm just going to say it..." Twilight took a deep breath in an attempt to steady herself. "It seems Princess Celestia and Princess Luna found out about your arrival and now they're coming here to meet you because they didn't want to make Arron upset his wound by taking the train to Canterlot."

"What!" Arron, Dave and Spike all exclaimed.

"This can't possibly be good," Arron said after sitting down next to the table, leaning onto it for support.

"So, your bosses are coming here to meet us," Dave said, he also had to sit so he wouldn't fall over. He let out a nervous laugh. "From, what you told me. Princess Celestia rules this world and she want to meet two men from New Hampshire? What could she possibly want from us?"

Now Dave was starting to turn white in the face.

"That's what has me worried," Twilight said, looking down at the scroll on the floor. "Whatever happens we can't let her find out about that book!"

They all turned to the book. It lay open atop the other table to the page where Arron had left off.

Author's Note:

I've kept my word!
It's been less than twenty four hours since I noticed that I had over three hundred views.
So, here it is the latest chapter!

I've been really busy with real life stuff so it might be a while before I get around to the next one.