• Published 31st Mar 2016
  • 1,883 Views, 17 Comments

I think we're lost - Poetic Brony



Two brothers get lost on their friends property and wind up in Equestria

  • ...
10
 17
 1,883

Hidden within the walls of stone

A small stream of smoke rose from the bed of ash that was the previous night's campfire. The dawn's sun trickled through the dense foliage. Midnight watched Arron with nervous interest while he walked toward the dark entrance of the cavern.

Should I go with him, she thought she kept looking at the comforting tent to the cave and back several times.
Arron halted, turned around and smiled. "Like I said, you don't have to come with me."

Midnight, swallowed hard. Now that I've found somepony, she shook her head, someone who cares about me I don't want to be abandoned again. She stiffened before trotting over to Arron.

He leaned down and placed a reassuring hand on her head. "Thanks." He glanced over at the imposing entrance. "In all honesty I'm not too excited to go in there either." After a heavy sigh and readjusting his rifle, with Midnight by his side they entered.

The darkness completely overtook them almost immediately after stepping inside. Arron pressed the button on his rifle receiver to turn on the flashlight attached to the front of the M-lok rail. The thousand lumen beam illuminated the hall.

Arron and Midnight both scowled and winced at the number of pony and several other specie's skeletons that littered the place. The double row of suited armor held their swords with the tip facing the pedestals on which they stood.

"Fantastic," Arron rolled his eyes. "More of these guys, I swear can't my ancestors come up with anything more original?"

After taking a deep breath, he walked in front of the first set of armors. Midnight made his right leg vibrate, she was shaking so hard.

Midnight screeched when the armor's eyes began to glow a pale purple. The sound of grating metal echoed throughout the hall when all twenty living armors stepped off their pedestals the sound of their swords being unsheathed they were getting them ready to attack the invaders.

Arron didn't even think, he ran over to the closest armor, grabbing it where the chest plate met the helmet and pulled it close. The armor seemed taken aback by his abrupt actions. All of the other armors turned their heads to look at each other in confusion.

"I," Arron loudly stated. "Am Arron and I am on a mission from..." He hesitated. "God, I guess," he shrugged. "To complete the mission my ancestor Dave had failed to... complete." OK, he thought. That sounded really dumb, but I hope my message gets across.

The armor's all looked at each other again, but when they all went back to their pedestals, except for the one Arron held who was now intently looking at Midnight who ducked behind Arron's legs.

"The pony is with me and she is not to be harmed," Arron narrowed his eyes. "Is that understood?" He quickly drew his Sig from it's holster and pointed the muzzle right in the armor's left eye. The living armor nodded its head.

"Good," he put the sidearm away and let go of its chest plate. "Now can you show us," he nodded towards Midnight. "Where to go?"

The armor readjusted its helmet a few times before pointing down the hall.

"I guess that's all the help we're going to get out of him," Arron sighed while the armor took its position back on its pedestal, the glow coming from the seams and eyes dimmed and died, it didn't take long for the armors to look like the silent sentinels they were supposed to be.

The hallways cleared of bones and bodies when they got past the row of armors, though there were some debris occasionally littering the sides where the stone was crumbling off the walls the place was rather clean. After walking several feet anywhere the light hit illuminated the beginnings of a mural. The pictograph was drawn on the upper side of walls and over the ceiling, though Arron wasn’t able to discern what it was supposed to be about, when he looked down at Midnight she was staring wide eyed in all directions.

“Can you understand what this mural is about?” Arron stopped to ask.

Midnight’s eyes dilated when he accidentally hit her face with the beam of his flashlight. “Yes,” she shook her head to reorient her sight though it took several minutes for the spots to fully go away. “This place actually predates Equestria, long before the princesses ruled and probably even before the time when the three races came together.”

Arron pulled his second flashlight out of his crago pant’s pocket. He lowered the beam to three hundred lumens and widened the beam before turning the light on his rifle off. The mural depicted all kinds of animals that inhabited the land. They separated themselves into individual groups. The animals divided the lands then the mural changed halfway down the hall.

Midnight was confused by the appearance of two beings that looked like Arron. The pair seemed to be preparing to populate the planet with their own kind.

“Who are they,” Midnight’s question made Arron shake his head a few times.

“I think they are the God’s…” Arron frowned when he lit up the rest of the mural. “I should say they were the God’s of this universe. A father and a son, they are like the Gods that created my homeworld they were even creating a garden for their first children, just like Eden on Earth.”

Midnight noticed that Arron’s face contorted in anger and he was beginning to tear up. “But, they were interrupted.”

A dark figure carrying a wicked looking clay-more pointed at the two white robed beings who were working on the garden. The mural continued to tell its sad tale. One of the men in white, — Arron assumed was the father— raised his hand and summoned an army of Angels before he and his son garbed themselves in armor and lead his angels into battle.

Arron was crying because in the end the dark figure was the one who emerged victorious. The planet the galaxy… no, Arron shook his head. The entire universe was left without a ruler. It’s no wonder this place relies so much on magic without God to guide this…

Midnight shuddered and hid behind Arron’s leg she gently tugged on the hem of his shirt. “Who is he,” she pointed a hoof at the dark figure who had a hideous grin on his face apparently rather pleased by all of the carnage he had caused, his sword stuck out of the God who was at the very top of a mountain of angel corpses.

“That,”— Arron seethed through gritted teeth, pointing his rifle at the dark beings head— “Is the dark God Skath!”

Midnight swallowed hard and started quivering in fear. Skath’s red eyes seemed to look into the very core of the pair of pitiful creatures, one filled with anger the other cowering in fear. Arron scowled and took his light off the demonic being.

“Don’t worry Midnight he’s gone and I doubt he’ll ever come back,” he slung his rifle over his back, knelt down and gave the pony a reassuring hug.

“Now,” he said standing up again, “Let’s go see what we’re here to see.”

Midnight’s fear abated, she nodded and they left the hall behind. They found themselves in a room much like the one in the basement of the old chapel though it was a lot larger in size. There were several rows of pillars that held up the room, the builders made sure that there were enough supports to keep the ceiling from caving in. When he pointed the beam of his flashlight up, the giant pillars were all interconnected by great arches.

“This place reminds me of the mines of Moria from Tolkin's works,” Arron didn’t realize he was thinking aloud till his own echo filled his ears.

Even Midnight whistled at the sight.

Arron smiled, “My sentiments exactly!”

It took several minutes to get to the center of the great hall where they found another round, stone table, this time instead of swords on top of the table there were books and scrolls. Arron saw a much newer looking book left open in front of the closest seat to him. He walked over to it illuminating the open page where the writer had left it.

Though the book looked newer than the others he was still afraid that it might be too brittle to be held, so he read the words on the open page.

“Like those before me I have failed, I couldn’t find the prison which housed our demon ally. I looked for years and the only clue I did find was nothing more than a carving. The author drew a diagram of the carving on the next page.

Midnight jumped up on the dusty stone chair; placing her forehooves on the table she cocked her head when she saw the picture. “Is that an egg?”

Arron went wide eyed. He laughed making Midnight give him an inquisitive glance.

“That,” —Arron pointed at the drawing— “Is no egg, that’s holder’s boulder and I know where it is!”

Midnight looked at the drawing then at Arron a few times. “Are you saying that there is a demon imprisoned in this,” she gestured a few times with a hoof before finding the right words. “Holder’s boulder?”
Arron nodded. “Yep a Meserino demon…”— he closed his eyes and put his free hand on his chin— “Ok so that’s not what they’re called, but that’s what I call them! Anyway,” he shook his head. “Apparently my very old friend is trapped inside holder’s boulder so we’re…” He looked down at Midnight. “You are coming with me? Aren’t you?”

She was taken aback for a moment, before she energetically nodded. “Of course!”

Arron let out a sigh. “Oh, good,” he smirked. “So we’re off to the Pie’s rock farm!”

Author's Note:

I am a author, an Unapologetic Christian and a Trump supporter. Being a libertarian I don't care about your feelings and neither do facts. I've noticed that the left is devouring itself. I really enjoy watching SJW's loose their shit because of Comicsgate. I fully support Ethan Van Sciver AKA Comicartist Pro Secrets who raised $537,000.00 to publish Cyberfrog Blood Honey!
Diversity and Comics, Nerkish, Nasser13, Doug Tennapel, Mike Miller, Cecil and all of the others. Can't wait for Rainbow Brute!

I've been discussing turning my own book into a comic, but they want to read it before any decisions are made. I can't do anything til the publisher re-releases it after a 2 year edit.

For all of the Brony's that are on the left, I'm telling you now your going to lose biggly! Why? because you have no foundation, no cohesion, and no heart. America is the greatest country in the world, the Constitution is not a living thing, God lives and he's watching us! Don't believe me? OK where did my name come from, and what does it mean?