• Published 31st Mar 2016
  • 1,882 Views, 17 Comments

I think we're lost - Poetic Brony



Two brothers get lost on their friends property and wind up in Equestria

  • ...
10
 17
 1,882

Questing for Demons

Arron pressed on the brake and looked back at the forest where Dave disappeared, Hopefully he made it back home, Arron thought. He sighed in frustration and relief. Now, back to the seen of the crime, he thought, turning his Nissan around, heading back the way he came. Unfortunately the drive was much shorter than Arron expected. The old church loomed in front of him, shutting his car door he sighed before heading back inside where he'd hoped he'd find some more answers. Arron placed his hand on the dusty pillar that covered the entrance just beyond the doorway. Ducking under it he had to vigorously shake his hand in order to remove the fine gray substance. He smiled when he noticed that the scar from the dog bite he'd received had also vanished along with the new one that he got from the living armor that was just under his feet.

Arron briskly walked past all of the dilapidated pews and headed right for the entrance to the cavern below. Pulling the flashlight out of his pants pocket, snapping it on right before he entered. After a short decent he was back in the same room where the encounter occurred. He closed his eyes and muttered a quick prayer before walking up to the same suit of armor that had previously attacked him.

Without the slightest hesitation he reached out and touched the more ventilated armor. Almost immediately the eerie purple glow emanated from the armor. Arron stood back as the the helmet tilted down, as if it was looking at him. Arron back away when it stepped down off it's pedestal. The sound of metal grating on metal filled the room as the armor got to a kneeling position at the same time it withdrew it's sword from it's sheath and gently placed the still blood covered tip on the floor.

Arron, not expecting this response shook his head in disbelief. "Are you trying to apologize for what happened," he asked it. The armor didn't move nor reply. "It's fine," Arron said after a lengthy pause. "Now would you please stand up, you're making me nervous."

The armor lifted it's head and got back to it's feet. It was about to put it's sword back in it's sheath but Arron reached out and clutched it's gauntlet, right above the joint where the arm-brace met the wrist. "No," Arron said shaking his head. "let me see that first." He nodded to the armor's sword.

The armor appeared to understand what Arron was asking because it took the sword by the flat and offered the hilt to him. Arron took the sword to inspect it. Seeing the rusty brown stain on the tip. Arron took one of the bandages out of his back pocket and used it to wipe off the dried blood. He smiled in satisfaction. "Here you go," he said offering the weapon back to it's rightful owner. "The blade is clean once again... and," Arron whispered. "We'll just pretend our little squabble never happened, deal?"

The purple glow brightened for an instant and the armor nodded it's head in agreement. It took it's sword back from Arron, glanced over it for a moment and again it's glow brightened, before it placed it's now clean weapon back in its sheath.

"Now," Arron said pointing at it's feet. "Let's do something about those forties rolling around inside your boots."

The armor tilted it's head in confusion. Why, it seemed to question. Its not like they're bothering me.

"But it does bother me," Arron firmly shot back. "Now please take that off."

The armor slumped before obeying Arron's command. It picked it's foot up and using both hands yanked off it's lower appendage. The same purple glow appeared where the upper leg met the lower half at the joint where the knee would be. There was a slight glow inside the boot, but it died in an instant.

I wonder if that hurts, Arron thought. Though, it really is like something out of Bedknobs and Broomsticks. He couldn't help but chuckle even when the armor offered it's lower left leg to him.

Arron took it in thanks, tipped it upside down and several deformed forty caliber rounds fell into his waiting hand. He returned the boot back to its now awkward standing owner, it seemed grateful to have it's boot back, so it was again standing on two legs. While the armor tested out its foot to make sure it was working properly, Arron fished a scrap of paper out of his right side pocket.

"Have you ever seen this symbol before," Arron asked when the armor finished working it's leg a few more times. Though bullets were no longer rattling inside its boot the joints still squeaked. Arron showed the rough sketch drawn on the paper to the armor who, after glancing it over turned and walked to the circular stone table.

The armor halted behind one of the chairs, reached over and picked up the dust covered sword in front of it. A gray and white mist formed when the sword was removed from its long slumber. With sword in hand the armor stepped over to Arron, got to one knee and offered the sword to him.

Arron, quizzical by the armor's actions, he held his flashlight in his teeth then hesitantly took the still dusty sheath from it. Carefully he pulled on the hilt. Arron was shocked to see that there forged into the start of the blade a few centimeters from the hilt was the very same symbol drawn on the paper. Arron's curiosity getting the better of him eagerly pulled the rest of the blade out of its sheath.

From guard to tip the sword was about three feet in length. The metal gleamed under the bright LED light. This sword looks brand new, he thought passing his fingers over his family crest that was inlaid into the flat before the guard. The flat was lengthy enough to fit the coat of arms before tapering down into the double edged blade with a blood grove running down the middle, ending a few inches above the tip of the sword. Did this belong to one of my ancestors, Arron thought flipping the sword over to inspect the other side which was the mirror image of the reverse. If so I wonder if they even used it? He put the sword back inside its place of peace before strapping it to his own belt. I'll probably be needing this.

While Arron was busy inspecting his newly acquired weapon the suit of armor stood up and raised his hand, made a fist and all of the other suits of armor started to animate. Some of the armors helmet slits glowed the same purple color as the one that gave the sword to their new commander. Others were glowing a soft blue tone. Arron, seeing the other armors coming to life, vigorously shook his head, reached over and grabbed the armor's gauntlet to stop it.

"No," Arron emphatically cried in alarm. "I know why you came to life, but I can't be leading around a troop of magical armors around with me! What will the ponies think, they're already nervous enough with me around! They'll go ballistic if I showed up with you lot behind me." Arron smiled. "Besides, I don't have enough room in my car to fit all of you... and you're weight would put way too much stress on my suspension."

The armors turned their heads and looked at each other. The one with the extra holes let out something like a sigh and lowered his hand. The other armors stopped glowing and again returned to their vigil. We will obey, because you make a sound argument, the armor seemed to say. But if ever you require our assistance—

"Don't worry I know where to find you," Arron finished with a grin.

The armor watched the light from Arron's flashlight ascend the stairs before walking back to its own pedestal, the glow from its helmet dimmed and died. The cavern was devoid of life and dark once again, the only difference was the bare spot on the table where the sword of a very ancient family of guardians was taken by a descendant. His life had been turned upside down, and he will soon come face to face with a being even more demonic than Discord.


Arron pulled up to the castle putting his car in park he rested his head on his hands. Please give me the strength to get me through this, he silently prayed. Twilight was galloping over to him right when he was exiting his vehicle.

"Arron," Twilight exclaimed. "You're back!"

I really wish it wasn't Twilight, Arron thought, opening the rear passenger door to retrieve his newly acquired sword. "But yes, Twilight, I'm back. Apparently, I have a lot to accomplish in your world." And I'm not sure when I'll be able to return home. Or even if I'll ever go back there again... Arron put on a brave face and smiled so that he wouldn't upset Twilight.

Twilight's eyes widened, she stared at the sword in awe. "Where did you get that?" She asked pointing at it.

Arron shrugged. "Back at the old church."

Twilight's eyes kept going from the sword to Arron and back. He was grateful to avoid her flurry of questions when Celestia and Luna trotted over to them.

"Greetings, Arron," Luna said. "We were afraid you might not return."

"Yes," Celestia said, eyeing Arron's newest acquisition. "Though we should probably take our conversation inside."

They all noticed that several ponies were staring at them though their eyes were mostly on the weapon Arron was holding. "I couldn't agree more," he said following Celestia and Luna back inside the safety of the castle.

Arron, Celestia, Luna and Twilight were joined in the library by Spike and Olwishous though the owl wasn't aware of the proceedings because he was fast asleep.

Spike, very interested in Arron's sword rushed out of the library and ran back holding a cloth so that Arron could clean off the dust that still clung to it. Arron thanked him and began wiping down the scabbard and hilt. Arron was done cleaning the sword at the same time he finished informing all those who were present to what had happened. While the ponies started pondering, he took the sword in both hands and held it out in front of him. Spike's eyes twinkled while he looked at the newly polished hilt and blade.

The hilt was wrapped in black leather with a set of three silver bands kept it fixed to the wooden shaft that covered the full tang. The first band was just below the hand guard, the second was mid-way down the hilt and the third was placed just above the decorative pommel. The pommel itself, though not as fully polished as the rest was still a sight to behold, it looked like a dragon's claw grasping a dark blue orb that glowed whenever Arron was holding the sword. The light faded when he placed it back in its sheath.

I wonder what the princesses think of all this, Arron thought, he glanced over at the now huddled trio who where talking in hushed whispers so that he couldn't hear what they were saying. He sighed and looked up at the ceiling. God... why me? What am I supposed to do here? I know you want me to find my old demon friends, but I don't even remember what they look like, or what their names are... frak, he used the Marcisian curse in frustration. I don't even know where to begin!

A calm fell over him, Peace, look to your book and think about what you know and what you've learned by watching the show. Arron pondered the words. He thought hard about what the spirit told him. He went wide eyed when he recalled the Harth's warming episode where the Pie family had the Apple family stay over. "Holders boulder," he muttered. "It's not a rock... it's a prison!" A warm feeling washed over him while he spoke. "But, how do I get it open?"

He was a bit disheartened when there was no answer forthcoming, so he turned to the book that was laying open on Twilight's cluttered table.

"Uh," Spike asked sounding worried as he looked around the room. "Arron who are you talking to?"

Arron stood up, bent down to pat the dragon's head. "No one Spike," he said still staring at the book. "No one."

He walked over to the table, closed the cover, picked it up and before the princesses noticed he left the room. Spike was dumbfounded, he watched the library doors swing a few times before becoming still. "What just happened," Spike said aloud. "Where is he heading off to in such a hurry?" He scratched his head and sighed. "Twilight," he said trying to get her attention. "Twilight," he said a bit louder, his eyes half closed when she continued to ignore him. "TWILIGHT!" His yell made all three ponies cringe, turn their heads and glare at him.

"What's the matter Spike," Twilight asked, still rubbing her ears with her hoof.

"Arron"—

Twilight interrupted him by groaning and rolling her eyes. "Yes, Spike we know Arron's staying, that's what we were discussing."

Spike slapped his face with a claw. "No Twilight," he said panicked. "I mean Arron took the book and left!"

"He what!" Twilight looked over at her table and gasped at the missing book.

"No, no, no, no, no!" Twilight kept repeating as she galloped over to the table and began trotting in place. "Where did he go? Why did he take the book?" She turned to Spike. "Spike why didn't you say anything?"

Spike was about to shake his head in disbelief, but he decided against it. "I did say something but you were to busy talking you didn't hear me."

Luna trotted over to Twilight. "Don't worry Twilight," she calmly said placing a hoof on Twilight's shoulder to stop her nervous trotting. "He just left so he couldn't have gone far, I'll send one of my guards to"—

"No Luna," Celestia objected. "We will not be sending any pony after Arron."

"But why," Luna and Twilight both demanded.

Celestia shook her head. "Let's just see how things play out, I personally don't believe that Arron is going to cause any trouble, and if he is in fact on a mission from his deity we shouldn't interfere."

Twilight and Luna shook their heads in disbelief, "What if,"—

Celestia raised her hoof to silence Twilight's protest. "I'm sure he'll ask us if he requires help," she said. "Besides he's on a mission of men, not ponies."

"And," Luna said narrowing her eyes at her older sister. "What happens if he does become a being of infamy?"

Celestia pondered this a moment. "We'll cross that bridge when... and if we come to it."

"Fine," Luna and Twilght both said dejectedly.

"But," Luna sharply said to her sister. "Don't tell me, we didn't warn you, so when that time comes."

Celestia nodded and smiled before using the magic from her horn to open the library doors. When her hoof falls could no longer be heard. Luna turned to Twilight. "We don't care what our sister says. When we get back to Canterlot, we will send one of our guards to keep an eye on our human friend."

Twilight seemed unsure, she looked at the doors then back at Luna. "Are you sure that's a good idea?"

It was Luna's turn to look unsure. "We don't know," she said a bit worried. "Our sister might not agree, but I for one don't like the sound of demons friendly, or not, roaming Equestira unchecked."

Twilight tapped her chin with a hoof. "But," she said after a moment. "What if they turn out to be like Tirek's brother Scorpan, I mean if they're friends with Arron's God then why wouldn't they be friendly with us too?" Her eyes lit up in excitement. "Just thinking about all of the new knowledge we could glean from them gives me goosebumps!"

"Twilight," Luna earned. "Please don't put the cart before the ponies."

Twilight's ears drooped when Luna said that. "I know, I know," she said before she perked back up. "But can you imagine?"

She's hopeless, Luna thought. She was definitely our sister's student. She sighed. They might be right, but even I became Nightmare moon so it would be better to be safe than sorry. Luna thought, giving Twilight a gracious bow she turned to the door to meet up with her sister who was waiting at their carriage that would take them back to Canterlot.

Celestia was talking to one of her pegasus guards who was pointing a hoof off into a westerly direction. She was probably asking if he saw which way Arron went, she thought, noticing the absent vehicle. We'd better get back to Canterlot soon or else we will loose him and it won't be long before we will have to lower the moon.

Author's Note:

A rather short chapter that took me a long time to write. Real life has been hectic to say the least. Getting things ready for Christmas has been a pain. Snow is great if you have the money to ski, but its a bother to shovel and it just keeps coming down...

I hope everyone is having a better time than I am.

So, Merry Christmas everyone!