• Published 2nd May 2016
  • 1,951 Views, 34 Comments

Twinkie - Bad Horse



Silly stories about Twilight and Pinkie.

  • ...
2
 34
 1,951

3. A Beautiful Night

Flim sighed. "Such a beautiful night."

"You couldn't have spoken more truly, brother-of-mine," Flam agreed. "See how the moon hangs over the marsh."

Both brothers turned their heads, which poked barely above the waterline, out towards the light. They were two dim, grey blotches in the shadows. They paused, listening to the chorus of the spring peepers. In fact it would have been hard to hear anything else.

"Inspiring."

"Breath-taking."

"And a cool mud bath is the perfect end to such an invigorating day," Flim said.

"I agree one-hundred percent."

"I hardly even notice the mosquitoes," Flim said.

"Certainly not."

Flam lifted a muddy hoof out of the water to scratch his nose, then sneezed.

"That was quite a party," Flim said.

"And for the good of science and ponykind!" Flam added.

"Yes, brother, our little soirée will enable ponies across Equestria to throw harder, louder, more-brightly colored parties!"

"An act equal parts charitable and hedonistic!" Flam said.

"And to think I'd never heard of a Party-Endurance-Testing Party before today," Flim said.

"Those two mares are certainly a formidable combination when they set their mind to something," Flam said.

"Indeed," Flim agreed. "One could hardly say which of the two is the more formidable."

Flam's right eye twitched.

"The pink one fired a confetti cannon in my face," Flim said. "Possibly two."

"Simultaneously and repeatedly," Flam agreed. "I think I've gone deaf in my left ear."

"She has a smile so broad I've seen ones like it before only in dreams," Flim said.

"I know exactly what you mean."

"But usually with sharper teeth."

"Just so," Flim agreed. "The purple one was quite cross when I shook my blood-sugar monitor off."

"I think I'm still sitting on mine."

Both brothers turned their heads up towards the arc of moonlit sky, delineated by the underside of the small bridge just a few hoofspans over their head.

"Do you think they're still up there?" Flim asked.

Flam looked up at the floorboards over his head, and shuddered.

"Not that it matters," Flim added.

"Of course not," Flam agreed.

"I'm perfectly content to sit here for a while longer, brother-of-mine."

Flam nodded. "On... on..." He sneezed.

"On such a beautiful night," Flim agreed.

Comments ( 14 )

Oh dear... Well, making the best of a bad situation.

Alone, they can be amusingly crazy.

Together... Yeah. That's how the maddest of sciences happen. :twilightsmile::pinkiecrazy:

Flim & Flam bamboozled into Science? Their stint under the bridge will end up as a metaphor for their impending trip to Tartarus if they keep visiting Ponyville.

This is weirdly sweet.

7187663 Thanks! I don't think I'm allowed to put 21 here. Even if I deleted it from Twilight Zone, it would still roll across the front page again when I posted it here, so would count as republishing. It might be a little too dark / OOC, too.

(Also, I deleted it because it wasn't very original. :pinkiecrazy: )

So Purple Panderer and Pester Pink actually do have synergy. Well, the kind that makes you run away with your arms flailing like ineffectual wet noodles (undoubtedly Twilight accidentally caused the wet noodle thing to happen).

Re-readin'. Still awesome.

I've always figured Pinkie and Twilight are really quite similar to each other, in that weird way that comes from being apparently totally opposite. They both have an impressive depth of knowledge in whatever subject interests them, they can both talk for hours about things no-one else understands, they can both perform feats that defy physics and expectations... I had a bunch more but I forgot (Edit: Ooh! They're both dedicated friend-makers!)

Of course, you could draw similar comparisons with any two of the Mane Six. Twilight and Rarity are both dedicated perfectionists, hard-working, hate to disappoint, know about Canterlot society but probably only in broad terms, etc, etc.

Still, I like to think Twi and Pinkie mesh better than other comparisons. Probably only because I like my own ideas, but, y'know.

(Also Rarity and AJ. And Dash and Fluttershy. Really, I just like comparing opposites :pinkiecrazy:)

I reviewed this story as part of Read It Now Reviews #80.

You can find my review here.

Twinkie parties are the best parties
'Cause Twinkie parties don't stop until you've destroyed yourself both physically and mentally.

(If you happen to like reading other people's shorts involving Pink and Purple, Hoopy Mcgee has a rather amusing one.)

"Go... go... go get me a Twinkie."
-from Star Wars Episode IV

My feelings about this story were perfectly summed up in T-Drag's review:

This is cute, in a strange sort of way, and it is fluffy and lightly amusing. A sugary taste for the palate.

No offense to Twinkie shippers, but I like stories that focus on their friendship.
:pinkiehappy::facehoof:

Login or register to comment