• Published 29th Feb 2016
  • 3,218 Views, 52 Comments

How do I get you alone? - Phantom Dragon

  • ...
12
 52
 3,218

Ch 1: Escape from the Everfree Forest

A wagon surrounded by a light purple aura drove itself on the path out of Las Pegasus. The wagon was currently under a spell, it was to stay on the path until it got to Ghastly Gorge.

The pony inside was asleep, she was exhausted from her recent performance.

Las Pegasus was not favorable to her. She had to compete with other acts, and since most of the other acts were more skilled with magic than she was. She didn’t make much money, it was just enough to fill her belly for a meal or so.
However, she didn’t have enough to get train tickets to her next location Baltimare, so she planned to use the river to ride there.

It was completely insane, but she was very desperate for money.

Although the easier option would have been to go to Ponyville, but the pony wanted to avoid that place as much as possible.

The wagon was going forward like it was supposed to. It passed by a tiny section of a forest. When a very hungry chimera was observing it from inside the forest.

The chimera was a combination of a buck, a komodo dragon, and a puma. It had a puma’s torso and legs, a deer’s hindquarters, and the Komodo dragon’s feet and tail. Out of the torso of the chimera, were necks and heads of each respective animal.

“Well, well” whispered the Puma, “It looks like our next meal is rolling away.”

“What do you suppose a wagon is doing out here, alone at night?” asked the Deer

“Does it really matter?” asked the Komodo Dragon sarcastically

“I guess not” answered the deer “But that wagon is being pulled by magic, so it’s possible the unicorn inside is asleep. So if we sneak up…”

Suddenly the chimera bolted out of the forest. “What did I just say you guys?!” The Deer angrily said.

The spell that was on the wagon was to make it stay on the path. However, it also made it do evasive maneuvers, in case of emergencies.

And a hungry chimera chasing after it, was definitely an emergency. So the wagon drove as fast as it could.

“If you guys listened to me, we could have caught it by now, this is why that rabbit got away.” lectured the Deer.
The other two heads completely ignored the deer and chased the wagon anyway on the path by Ghastly Gorge. The Deer rolled it’s eyes and said: “Why do I even bother?”

The chase lasted for a while until the wagon reached the end of the path. The wagon tried to stop itself, but it was going too fast to do so. Then the wagon flew into a bog, where it was slowly beginning to sink.

However, this was no ordinary bog, this bog was right by the Everfree Forest.

“Arg! No! I didn’t want a muddy meal” said the Puma

“We could wash the pony in a river or something.” said the Komodo Dragon

“Good point” replied the Puma.

By some fortune, the pony inside was not deeply asleep. Otherwise, this would have been a tragedy.


Trixie suddenly felt soaked and muddy. She quickly woke and found her home, slowly being flooded by black murky water. Trixie let out a curse word and grabbed whatever she could and teleported out. Trixie found herself in a bog, millions of questions raced through her mind.

However, there was no time for that now, because suddenly a chimera let out a roar right next to her. It quickly tried to swipe at her, which Trixie responded with a magic blast. The chimera let out an enraged growl and Trixie stood staring at it.

I never fought a chimera before…’ Trixie thought to herself ‘I...I could be outmatched here….I could d..die.’

Trixie felt a few tears run down her cheek, the fear of dying overwhelmed her. It was making her want to run away and not even try to fight this thing.

NO!....I’m...I’m not making the same mistake as I did with the Ursa Major. This time, I am not backing down! I’m going to fight this thing with everything I got!’

Trixie was filled with determination, her horn glowed as she stared down her opponent.


Sometime later….

Spike was up late, he was giggling to himself “I got this whole castle all to myself and the best part? Nopony to tell me what to do”

Twilight and Rainbow Dash was going be away from Ponyville, for about two months. Apparently, A.K. Yearly needed their help to find some artifact of some kind. Yearly, explained that it was an ancient magical artifact that she needed Twilight's skills for, and of course Rainbow Dash was needed because of her resourcefulness.

Spike would have come, but it was far too dangerous. Also, he was fine with Twilight going with Daring Doo. It was a dream come true for her.

"Now, what should I do?" Spike asked himself while at the same time rubbing his claws together.

"Oh, I know! I always wanted to eat ice cream out on the balcony" Spike said with glee.

"Hey, Twilight! You don't mind if I stay up late and eat ice cream right?"

Spike cupped a claw on his ear to listen for a reply. As he expected, he did not get one back.

So with that, he quickly went to the kitchen, made a huge sundae and brought it outside with him.

Spike let out a sigh and sat on one of the lawn chairs and enjoyed his ice cream.

The best thing about the castle was that it was the tallest building in town. Which meant it had a bird's view of the whole town.

He admired the scenery of Ponyville at night, it was quiet and nopony was out.

'Is this how it is for Princess Luna every night?' Spike thought to himself while constantly shoving the ice cream into his mouth.

Spike took a look around Ponyville when he noticed something odd in the Everfree forest. Although, all he could see from the balcony was trees. He could see a light flashing one color in one section of the Everfree forest, then flash a different color, in another section entirely.

Every time the light flashed, the light was getting weaker and weaker.

Spike knew little to nothing about the Everfree forest, but as far as he was aware. He never saw that happen before.

"I...Is it a monster?" Spike thought out loud. Whatever it was, it was coming closer to Fluttershy's cottage. "Oh no!" Spike ran out of the castle.

Spike ran as fast as he could. When he saw something fell out of the forest near the cottage. Unfortunately, it was too dark to see what it was. He huffed and puffed, he was out of breath and exhausted. But He kept on running anyway, Fluttershy was in danger. Although the smart thing to do was to call for help, he was not thinking about that at the time.

The closer he got to it, the more he realized it was a pony that fell out of the Everfree forest. Spike was about to call for help, but the condition that the pony was in shocked him so much. that it prevented him from doing so.

"Sweet Celestia!!"

"...T....Trixie?"