• Published 29th Feb 2016
  • 3,211 Views, 52 Comments

How do I get you alone? - Phantom Dragon

  • ...
12
 52
 3,211

Ch 3: Complications

A unified gasp escaped from the three.

"Sh...she won't make it?" Spike asked

"There's a high possibility that she won't"

The doctor's tone of voice was in-between caring and getting too attached to his case.

"This is the worse case I have ever seen. You got to understand, this sort of thing hasn't happened since Ponyville was founded"

"Wait, this has happened before?" ask Rarity

"Yes, but it's very rare. Some pony gets lost in the Everfree forest, they meet up with a creature and the creature attacks them."

"It's becoming less and less frequent nowadays" the doctor continued

"Also, most of the time the ponies try to run if they get attacked. Trixie seemed like she tried the best she could to fight them off."

At that moment, Spike's mind briefly flashed back to when Trixie faced the Ursa Major.

Then his mind repeated the last line he heard from her tonight "I'm not going to let you get me that easily"

How many times has he seen that kind scenario in comic books?

The hero trying their best against an overpowered villain. And even if the hero is outmatched in every way, they never give up.

In that moment that Spike felt a bit of admiration for Trixie "I understand, Trixie" Spike muttered to himself.

"So um what happens now?" Fluttershy modestly said

The Doctor gave a long sigh "The wounds are really bad, we're going to have to get doctors from Canterlot."

"I already called some ahead of time, they should be here soon"

"Anyway, I'm going to have to go and help out the nurses. I'll do what I can, but as I said the chances are slim"

With that the doctor returned to the surgery room.

Rarity, Fluttershy and Spike hugged each and other cried, this was devastating for all of them. Some pony they knew was dying and all they could do was hope.

"Fluttershy, I'm going go and get AppleJack and Pinkie" said Rarity

"Um are you sure it's a good idea?" Fluttershy asked

"Of course dear, they are our friends" Rarity then whispered in Fluttershy's ear "besides look at poor Spikey-Wikey, he needs all the support he can get. You know since Twilight isn't here."

"Oh, of course" Fluttershy whispered back "But what about Pinkie? You know how she is in situations like this"

"It would be bad if we don't invite her dear"

"Good point"

Spike started to pace back and forth


Sometime later

"...so let me get this straight, Trixie came out of ta forest close ta death?" AppleJack asked.

"Yeah, she possibly got lost in the forest and met up with a creature, and instead of running from it. she faced it with everything she got" Spike said in a monotone voice

Pinkie's hair turned straight and her coat turned slightly dull "I'm...I'm sure... she will be fine" she then started crying she was never any good when it came to anything involving death.

"What the hay kind of creature did that ?!"

"It was.." Fluttershy hesitated little, unsure if she should tell her friends.

"It was a chimera"

All of them immediately turned and face Fluttershy. Which made her try and hide from the sudden attention.

AppleJack's eyes narrowed in fury "A Chimera? Is that the same one that attacked Applebloom?" Applejack angrily asked through her teeth.

"No, this one was different"

"From the ..." Fluttershy repressed the urge to gag as she had to recall a nearly dying Trixie. "From the bite and claw marks on Trixie's body, it was a combination of a puma, a deer and some other animal"

"Some other animal? What other animal?" asked Pinkie in a worried tone

"I really can't tell what is, I can see the claws marks but no bite marks of the the other creature so, it could be anything."

"Wow, Fluttershy have you been reading a lot of Sherland Hooves?" Rarity asked impressively

Fluttershy blushed "Well I have taken care of those kind of animals before"

So then the doctors from Canterlot came into the ER. One of the nurses informed Spike and the others that the doctors were going to have to work on her all night. They all stayed as much as they could but soon enough visiting hours were over.

Spike wanted to stay the whole time, but he could not because the hospital staff told him to come back tomorrow.

Spike clung to the floor in defiance, AppleJack had to drag him out, it almost put scratches on the floor.

They all went to their homes, thinking the comfort of a familiar place would let them sleep.

Unfortunately, it did not work, none of them could sleep that night.

The next day they all waited outside the hospital for it to be open.

As soon as the hospital opened they all rushed inside to see Trixie.

They were not allowed to see her, so they waited in the ER waiting room.

Since Ponyville had only one Emergency Room, it was not hard to figure out where Trixie was.

They all tried to ask the nurses to find out what was going on, but they were getting nowhere.

Spike then got an idea, he knew that sometimes he gets ignored. It wasn't on purpose it just happens.

So he thought he would use it to his advantage and try to overhear any of the nurses conversation.

He spotted a peach colored unicorn nurse, run out of the room that was keeping Trixie.

He then sneakily followed her and at the same time hid from sight.

He noticed the nurse was shaking, she used her magic to lift her hat. A pack of something was under her hat, She used her magic again to took an odd long white cylinder looking thing of the pack.

She took a lighter from the hat and lit the end of the cylinder and smoked it.

Wait, he remembered seeing the higher ups in Canterlot doing that, he was going to look up what it was later.

The poor nurse looked stressed and scared out her mind.

"Hey, are you alright Healing Hoof?" asked another nurse

"I'm..f..fine" said Healing Hoof

"It's just that, that mare has been spouting blood like a fountain most of the night, she almost died three times"

"They had to drag a hemophobic nurse like me to help with surgery, just because they were short staffed"

"This is why I mostly work with foals, there isn't much blood" Healing Hoof complained

"There, there" said the other nurse sympathizing with her.

Spike gasped in horror and ran towards the others.

He ran to the ER when the door slammed into him knocking him down on the floor. He shook it off.

Several exhausted doctors came out of the ER.

The doctor pony that originally saw Trixie stumbled out the ER.

"She...made..it " the doctor said and then fainted

Everypony let out a cheer in the waiting room, and then a sigh of relief.

Pinkie's hair went back to its' puffy self.

Spike collapsed on his knees and a few tears run down his cheek. It was over.

Everypony hugged each other.

A whole lot of nurses appeared in front of the room

"We're not out of the woods yet" said one of the nurses

"Woods? There are trees in hospitals now? " Pinkie questioned

"Now is not the time for that Pinkie" Applejack stated

"She may have made it out of surgery, but she is still barely hanging there." the nurse said bluntly

Spike tried to grab his hair in anger but since he had scales on top of his head and not hair, he gripped nothing.

"Can't we catch a brake?" Spike asked in frustration

Spike ran into the ER room.

"Wait! She's not ready to be seen yet" Healing Hoof warned

There Trixie was. She had a mask over her muzzle and couple other sorts of machines hooked up to her.

Trixie was just laying there unconscious on a bed, the bed sheet that was covering her had stains of fresh blood on it.

"Trixie, this can't be your final act! "Spike shouted

"You can't go out like this!"

"For Celestia's sake, you're a showmare, you can't go out on something nopony saw"

Healing Hoof took a deep breath and let it out "It's not blood, it's ketchup . Some pony was messy when they were eating their lunch" she told herself.

She squinted her eyes and raced into the room. Then she deliberately faced away from Trixie when she looked at Spike.

Since Healing Hoof was pretty short she didn't need to kneel down far to look him in the eye.

"Hey, um... so what's your name"

"Spike"

"Listen Spike, we are trying our hardest, I know you care about her, but let us do our job okay?"

Spike nodded his head.

Then Healing Hoof escorted Spike out of the room.

After several hours, Trixie finally was determined to be in good condition

Unfortunately, she was still unconscious.

It took her fours days to gain conscious.

During that time, Spike and the others visited her often.

Spike found it odd that he didn't see any relatives visit her when she was in the hospital.

Then one day when everyone visited her, she got up and stared in confusion at everyone in the room.

"What are all you doing here?" Trixie asked.

Author's Note:

Yes, Sherland Hooves is supposed to be Sherlock Holmes.

Apparently Shetland is a type of pony, who knew.

Also, if I'm a bit too mean to Spike in this chapter, just wait it will come in play later I promise.