• Published 14th Feb 2016
  • 694 Views, 5 Comments

The Video - MyShyPetRock



'The Video' is about Princess Twilight Sparkle long after her five friends have deceased. She remembers them telling her to watch a video 20 years after they're gone. Now that the day has come, Twilight decides to watch it.

  • ...
1
 5
 694

Memory Lane

"Where is it? Where the hell is it?" Twilight Sparkle croaked, using her purple ambiance of magic to project useless items out of her path. Her, closet, which has always been disarranged, and was the home for either valuable or ineffectual things, was now Twilight's main priority.

"The video is going to be so awesome!" Rainbow Dash had yelped excitedly, flying circles around the newly winged unicorn.

A tear ran down Twilight's desperate cheek.

"Yeah, I really hope you enjoy it, Twilight," Fluttershy had cooed, speeding up so she could trot in unison with her.

That individual tear instantaneously transformed into an entire family- or ballroom- of precious drops of salty water, which sauntered down her cheeks and dripped onto her carpeted, castle floor.

"I bet I'll love it!" Twilight had grinned. "When am I supposed to watch it again? Just remind me."

That's when that small strip of memory began to blur, like a comic strip where the hero denounces its authorities and begins to fight against his prior peers. It just seemed to....fade. The last thing Twilight remembered was when Apple Jack trotted up to her, eyes teary, and said:

"Well, you are supposed to watch it twenty years after the five of us d-"

"I found it! Oh, thank Celestia, I've found it!" Twilight screamed, tears still flowing down her face. Luckily, her kingdom had been deserted for about twenty years, or else some pony may have heard her cries.

Twilight held up the tape in front of her eyes, the room was dark because night had fallen and she had turned her lights off, but her aura of magic lit up her room quite a bit.

She walked to the opposing side of her room, towards her television (Celestia had made them with the work of the rays of the sun and moon, so that the televisions would work any time).

Twilight leaned in closer to the television and squinted so she could look at the small buttons at the bottom of the screen. She slapped the tape into the dispenser and pressed 'on.'

The tape began to play.

There was a loud noise, like a microphone being bumped into, then Twilight could make something out. It was Rainbow Dash. She was setting up the camera with obvious concentration. When the footage began to focus all the way, Rainbow Dash let the camera go to make sure it was steady. She smiled and flew backwards to a chair seated behind her. She sat down and grinned.

"Okay, Pinkie, I'm ready!" Rainbow said, crossing her two hind legs.

"So I just read the questions off of this, right, Dashie?" Pinkie Pie asked, although she was not in sight of the camera. Perhaps behind it? Almost like an....

"Interview...." Twilight thought to herself, as if trying to communicate with the mare behind the screen. "But why?"

"Yes, Pinkie, we went over this!" Rainbow Dash replied.

"Okay! Now, first off, do you have anything to say to future Twilight?" Pinkie Pie asked, her voice grinning.

"Yes. I want to say: I'm sorry that you're not living with some pony as awesome as I am, Twilight!" Rainbow Dash smiled, but it quickly changed to a sort of frown that Twilight didn't recognize.

"No, but really. I'm going to miss you, Twilight. But hey! Who knows, maybe Princess Celestia will turn me into an alicorn, too!" Rainbow Dash's voice cracked, and she covered her face with both of her wings.

"Turn it off, Pinkie! This is too hard!" Rainbow Dash cried to the pink pony.

There was a small beep, a time lapse, and Rainbow Dash was sitting in the chair again, her eyes were wet and red, something Twilight had to cringe to.

"Okay, the second, and final, question: what is the best memory you have with Twilight?" Pinkie Pie asked. Her voice had changed. It wasn't smiling anymore, but crying.

"It was probably...." her voice cracked again, and Twilight readied herself for a cry scene again. It never came, and Rainbow Dash began speaking again.

"It was probably when...we defeated the Changelings together. I know that doesn't seem very fun, but it was fun....for me! I had never really seen you fight before, Twilight, but you really did. You really fought those Changelings!" Rainbow Dash laughed a little, and sniffed at the end of it.

"I guess that's it," Rainbow dash said.

There was another beep, and Fluttershy was in the chair.

"Oh, Fluttershy...." Twilight whispered, tears escaping her eyes once more.

"Okay, Fluttershy, first question. Is there anything you want to say to Twilight?" Pinkie Pie was still talking.

"I guess I would say....I already miss you, even though we haven't even left yet. And....you're the kindest pony I've ever met," Fluttershy squeaked. Tears had been flowing down her cheeks the whole time, but she hadn't asked to stop.

"And, Fluttershy, what is the best moment you have with Twilight?" Pinkie asked.

"Oh! Definitely when I was training to be in the tornado! You remember, right? Twilight really encouraged me!" Fluttershy smiled, and there was another beep.

Rarity then took the stage.

Mascara was running down her cheeks like black tears, and Twilight could hear Fluttershy's sobs in the background.

"Is there anything you want to say to Twilight?" Pinkie asked.

"Of course, dear. I would say: thank you for being such a wonderful friend! You have helped me through thick and thin, and you have always been there for me."

"And, what was your favorite moment with Twilight?"

Rarity laughed, although it was a sad laugh.

"Don't tell Apple jack but, most likely the sleep over I had with her and Twilight. It was just so much fun!" That's when Rarity began to cry. There was an immediate beeping sound, and Apple Jack was up.

"So, Apple Jack, what-" Pinkie Pie began.

"I know the questions, Sugar. I know 'em," Apple Jack said. She took her hat off to reveal green eyes filled with tears.

"I'd say: I'm not sure why I'm cryin', I mean, I've still got a ways to go, and it ain't even Twilight that has to die! But, I would guess I'm cryin' 'cause I don't wanna lose ya, Twilight!" She sniffed.

"And...don't tell Rarity, but the moment I treasure the most was the sleep over I had with you guys."

Twilight laughed through her tears and smiled.

Pinkie Pie was now in the chair. Although, it wasn't really the Pinkie Pie Twilight knew. Her mane and tail were flat and she wasn't vibrant, but dull and gloomy.

"Hi, Twilight," she said, forcing a smile.

"I'm sorry you have to see me like this....again. But...I guess it's okay. I just wanted to say that I love you, and that you are the most awesomest part pony I've ever seen!" Pinkie Pie grinned, although tears still dripped from her eyes.

"I can still remember the first day I met you! I yelled, "Surprise!!!" And you were scared! Ahh, good times!" Pinkie Pie laughed alittle and stared straight at the camera.

"Okay, Dashie, I think we're ready to stop now," she said.

There was a beep, and rainbow dash was in front of the camera again.

"Twilight, I think this stands for all of us: you've made our lives 20% cooler," Rainbow Dash said, and then the tape ended.

Twilight was left in darkness once again.

"I've always wondered what friendship could be," Twilight said, her eyes swollen and red, "But then all of you shared your magic with me, and I thank you for that."


"I thank you ever so much."

Author's Note:

I really hope you enjoy this short fic. :pinkiesmile:

Comments ( 5 )

Those last few lines :fluttercry:

Aww... Poor Twi :fluttercry: saddness :raritycry:

6933538 I'm glad I made you feel something. :pinkiesad2::twilightsmile:

I would love to see more of the background like twilight's kingdom. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment