• Published 11th Jun 2012
  • 26,404 Views, 1,245 Comments

Accidental Harmony - errant



A desperate cellist is in over her head when she takes a job at a nightclub.

  • ...
42
 1,245
 26,404

Harmony Redux

I'm sure you saw the title of this chapter, "Harmony Redux." I don't make a habit of naming my chapters, so you may have wondered about it. Simply put, it's the title of the sequel I'm planning to this story.

Yes, you may have noticed that I ended the last chapter of this story with a loose end or two; namely that I didn't actually write the wedding itself. That's because the wedding itself is going to be a big part of the sequel. After all, something so important and lifechanging can't be allowed to go off without a hitch in my writing.

What else can you expect from the sequel? Well, more Octavia and Vinyl is a likely guess. So are the respective families of our two main characters. You can't have a wedding without relatives.

Plus, some more characters. Octavia and Vinyl have been living in Ponyville for a while now. I'm sure they've made friends with some locals by now. I didn't get into that in "Accidental Harmony", but other ponies will be joining the cast in "Harmony Redux."

Some more plot devices, too. I've got an idea for some things I want to introduce into the story to drive conflict.

As for a timeline, I can't be too final on that yet. I've got another couple fic ideas I want to play with before I come back to this. I'd also like to do some heavy edits to this story to fix some outstanding conmplaints I have and to try and get on EQD. Watch me and you'll know when it comes out.



I also want to take a moment to give a big thanks to all of my readers, commenters and raters who have given me inspiration, advice and support. This wouldn't exist without you guys (and girls) and I'm grateful for each and everyone of you. Writing this has been surprising, fun and occassionally challenging and I'm glad for all the recognition I've gotten from the community of FimFic.

So, thanks once again, for hanging with me and this story. Pony on, bronies.


Arrivederci.


Edit: Harmony Redux link

Author's Note:

Just a few pics I used for inspiration

Some music

Comments ( 121 )
Comment posted by errant deleted Dec 19th, 2012
Comment posted by errant deleted Dec 19th, 2012

Hope to see it soon!

1823113

I'm sorry :twilightsheepish:

Hopefully if you read it again you'll point out problems to me so I can fix them :twilightsmile:

Beautiful. I look forward to the sequel.

neeeed mooooooreeeeeeee:flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::fluttershbad::fluttershbad::fluttershbad:

I'm glad to hear you will be contimuing with this story. I enjoyed this thoroughly and can't wait for more.
Great job and keep it up.
And now that you mention it, I haven't seen any Octascratch wedding pics either

1823167
What you did there, I see it images2.wikia.nocookie.net/callofduty4s/images/3/38/Pinkie_pie_by_atomicgreymson-d3djczt.png

@errant

I will certainly be looking out for the sequel, consider yourself WATCHED :pinkiecrazy:

Vinyl would SO wear the tux.

For some reason that second picture is insanely hot to me. Also, yay for continue!

I was waiting for this to update. Good luck getting it on EQD saw some spelling mistakes and what not but I was more interested in the story itself. I have little to now artistic skills whatsoever but what colors would vinyl and octavia wear for the wedding? Fashion is lost on me.

1823346

I don't even know what colors they would wear. I suppose it would be romantic if they wore each others' colors. In other words, Vinyl wearing grey and lavender/amethyst and Octavia wearing white and blue. I'm pretty sure the (great) fic Allegrezza used that color scheme for their dresses for something or other.

Looking for the sequel :twilightsmile:

1823356
I'll try to start in the next day or two, I've been nearly blind in one eye due to pain. Hopefully it turns out better then stick ponies. Who would of thought one day I'd get to look for wedding dresses lol:facehoof:

I LOVE this story and I am glad you are aspiring to get onto EQD. Being rejected by Pre-reader #12 twice, the only advice I think I am qualified to give is to make sure you show all of your scenes(facial expressions are one of things I keep getting berated on) and get a grammar book. That's not to insult your understanding of the English language, but having one will only help your case of writing a great sequel.

I'll be watching:twilightsmile:

1823414

Lol, even stick ponies would be better than I could manage. There's a reason I write for my creative expression, after all.

"That's because the wedding itself is going to be a big part of the sequel. After all, something so important and lifechanging can't be allowed to go off without a hitch in my writing."
The wedding burns down, calling it! :trollestia:

1823469

Heh, we'll see. I don't expect it to go quite that bad. But then again, we've seen Vinyl's track record with buildings :rainbowwild:

A sequel!? WEDDING PLANNING SHENNANIGANS, YAY!:yay::yay::yay:

Part of me is hoping that we get to Scratch and Tavi becoming parents after their wedding is done. :rainbowkiss::scootangel:

A Tropical Octav3.... it always haunts me wherever I go!! (Which isn't a bad thing). Nonetheless, we need more Octavia/Vinyl weddings, I mean it's the first time I've heard about it. :derpyderp1:

Now to wait for a sequel. :pinkiesmile:

Absolutly amazing cannot wait for the sequel :pinkiehappy:

Sequel? dl.dropbox.com/u/31471793/FiMFiction/emoticons/misc_TwilightWut.png YES!!!!!!!!!

Great ending to the story. Hope to see the sequel soon!

I checked this one out before and I liked it a lot. It is complete, and it is now story 5,807 in my Archive. :pinkiehappy:

1824427
you mean to say you've read approximately one out of every 14 stories on this site?

1824487 I have read - and stored in my archive - 593 'My Little Pony' stories, including yours. I have many more favorited on this site and read their chapters as they update; when they are complete I archive them to read again, in my Enormous Story Archive.

Well this was an amazing read. It's actually been months since I went on a TaviScratch fic finding spree and was finding fics of them left and right. Then a dry spell came with the influx of TwiDash and this has become only one of two TaviScratch fics that have updated recently for me. So I thank you kind sir for providing me and others with a brilliant telling of the life of these two ponies.

On a slightly more unrelated note:
Because of this site update, I no longer receive notifications for blog posts of authors whose stories I follow but do not watch. Therefore, as I now have an interest in this sequel, I have decided to make you the first author I will officially "watch". I also have to go through my other favorites and see which authors to watch from that list as well as get through my Read Later of almost 400 fics and do the same, but that's all work for another day.

Happy Holidays you brilliant author!

It was an enjoyable story, though it got weaker as it progressed.

The most interesting thing you had going was Octavia working at the club owned by Vinyl.
That was unique, that was interesting, and having it burn down as quickly as you did was quite a blow to my enjoyment of the story, piddling about in mediocrity after that.

It's not a bad story by far, I just feel it could be so much better if you'd kept the things that made yours unique.

A sequel?

YES!:yay:

coolidilliao.

As much as I love a happy ending for a VinylxOctavia fic, they make me sad as well because I hate to see such a good story end. Since you're going to write a sequel though, I'm happy to say that you are going to be watched from now on!

1824191

Well, I won't say that they can't. It just wasn't time for that to happen yet, and I have a whole sequel to write with plenty of space for such a thing to at least start to happen.

1824943

I agree with you to a large extent. That's why I'm planning to do some heavy edits to this fic in the near future, to hopefully fix some of those problems and make things seem less sudden and give more focus to important parts of the story that seem glossed over, like Octy working in the club and Vinyl and her actually falling in love.

A fine end to a beautiful story. :heart:
* applauds*

Looking forward to the sequel!

At first I was like, "Nope, not complete, it can't be!"

Then I saw that there will be a sequel, and suddenly I was happy again.

I hope you let us know what parts you edit and such when the edits are done, so we can all reread it again. :twilightsheepish:

So, thanks for a great read, and thanks for showing me some nice music here in the end. xD

A sequel? That'd be awesome. And we'll see the families too? That'll be interesting. I wonder if the crystal empire will have anything to do with your new story

This story had so much DAWWWWW. Loved it! Also, Sequel :pinkiehappy:

Errrrrmmmeeeerrrrr gerrrrrrrrrrrrrdddd!!!!!! The feels!!!!! The FEELS!!!!!!!!!!:rainbowderp: You have grabbed me by the feels and thrown me through the wall of my glass case of emotion! Wonderfully crafted conclusion. Now your telling me your going to add a wedding and interactions between the families. Those are my favorite OctaScratch themes in all of Equestria!! Write it at once! At once I say!!!:rainbowkiss::pinkiecrazy:

So...Where is the Sequel going to happen?

1827506

Where?

In and around Ponyville, with possible excursions to Canterlot and/or Manehatten.

Spoilers:

Also, I was thinking about bringing the Crystal Empire into it, maybe as a honeymoon spot. I dunno for sure, though.

:rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:"Plot devices"!:rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

Can't wait to read the sequel!

DJ-Pon-3 approved:moustache:

Well that was a very fabulous story I can't wait for the part 2

1829755

Yes, I know that's rather jarring. :twilightblush: That's one of the things I intend to edit and fix by giving more attention to the actual development of their relationship, rather than "they're a couple now, deal with it."

This story was boss, eagerly awaiting all the awesome stuffs you have to offer in ze futures. You have earned a watch, rare thing of me to do :moustache:

Login or register to comment