• Published 22nd Jan 2016
  • 524 Views, 20 Comments

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry - Mathew_The_Raridash_Fan

  • ...
1
 20
 524

Ravenclaw

Twilight sat on her bed with her eyes glued to a book. Her roommate, Moondancer, was doing the same thing, so the room was quiet. The only sounds were that of pages turning and occasional footsteps as other students walked to their room. The candles which provided the light for both of them to read were charmed to burn brighter and longer.

There weren't any classes today, so Twilight had as much time as she wanted to read. The common room had a library full of books, so she had plenty of things to read. She wanted to read every book in the Ravenclaw library and perhaps every book she could get in the Hogwarts library. The books were generally big, but that made Twilight love them more. The more she read a book, the less she wanted to put them down.

Unfortunately, books have to end. Twilight sighed as she closed her book. She read every book she got for her birthday, so she had to go to the common room to get another book. She quietly her room so she wouldn't disturb Moondancer and walked to the common room. Her thoughts were to get a book and leave, but all that changed when she saw someone who shouldn't have been in there.

"Pinkie! What are you... how did you get in here?" Twilight asked, confused.

Pinkie commented, "You really should have better riddles! That was easy! You heard me before, Yet you hear me again, Then I die, 'Till you call me again. What am I? It's an echo, of course!"

Twilight's jaw dropped in amazement. "How did you know that? I thought only Ravenclaws new how to solve riddles!"

"I am really good at riddles, but I fit more into Hufflepuff because I'm hard working, dedicated, fair, loyal, tolerant, and other Hufflepuffy things'" Pinkie explained. "Yeah, I'm smart enough to solve these riddles, but I'm not a Ravenclaw. Rainbow isn't a Hufflepuff despite her being loyal, and Fluttershy isn't one despite her being kind. Rarity is also smart, but she's not a Ravenclaw. Applejack is brave, but she's not a Gryffindor."

"Rarity being smart makes sense, though," Twilight responded. "Slytherins are intelligent. But she never went into the Ravenclaw common room."

"Are you sure?" Pinkie asked. "Slytherins are very sneaky."

Twilight look around the common room. It appeared to be empty except for her and Pinkie Pie, but she couldn't be certain. If Slytherins were as sneaky as Pinkie said they were, Rarity could have been hiding there the entire time.

"She's not in here right now! I saw her walking towards the Slytherin dungeon when I came here," Pinkie said, making Twilight sigh in relief. Then she added, "Or maybe that wasn't Rarity. Maybe that was someone else pretending to be her with Polyjuice potion!"

Twilight's nerves acted up again. "Note to self, never think you're alone," Twilight said, quietly to herself.

Pinkie giggled and rolled her eyes, "Why would any Slytherin want to go to the Ravenclaw common room? Did you or any Ravenclaw hurt a Slytherin?"

Twilight shook her head, "No. Not that I know of. Ravenclaws and Slytherins get along. I definitely never harmed anyone."

"Then there's nothing to worry about," Pinkie assured her. "Slytherins wouldn't do terrible things, especially to a Ravenclaw, without a reason. You two are like best friends of houses. I think only the Gryffindors have to worry, and Rarity wouldn't do something against Gryffindor! Two of her best friends are in there. I'm pretty sure the Rarity I saw going to the Slytherin common room was the real Rarity. No one messes with a Slytherin, especially one who has friends in every house. Every house would be against that person. Rarity could get the entire school to hate you and make your years at Hogwarts terrible if you mess with a fellow Slytherin or one of her friends."

"I would never mess with anyone!" Twilight said, defensively.

"True," Pinkie commented, "But I'm saying that Slytherins are not likely to spy on you. They have better things to do."

"I'm guessing the Hufflepuffs don't," Twilight said, eyeing Pinkie.

Pinkie giggled and explained, "I just wanted to see how my best friends are doing. Luckily, you were the only one who wasn't out and about, so I didn't have to guess the passwords for the Gryffindor tower or Slytherin dungeon or anything."

"So you just sat here waiting for me?" Twilight asked, finally letting h down."

Pinkie grinned and nodded, "Yes indeedy! There's going to be a party in the Great Hall, planned by yours truly, on Saturday at 07:00."

"I don't know," Twilight said, rubbing her arm.

"There will be food, drinks, dances, and fun!" Pinkie explained. She danced slightly when she said "dances".

"I'll think about it," Twilight told her. She figured that a party was fun, and she had plenty of time for reading.

Pinkie jumped up in excitement and exclaimed, "Thank you!" Twilight put up a sound barrier quickly so no one else heard it.

Pinkie left the common room, and Twilight whispered, "Wingardium Leviosa" to get a book from the bookshelf. She decided to stay in the common room instead of going back to her dorm. No one else was there, so she had plenty of peace and quiet. She sat down and began reading.

Comments ( 5 )

When the paintings were asked why she was let in they said, "It's Pinkie Pie. We were warned about her from her paintings at home!"

Glad to see Pinkie still being Pinkie. Although that riddle was some what easy but I think Pinkie by the end will find a way past any enchtantment in the castle.so what will be the event that brings together the girls?

6875962

I have no idea honestly. I'm just writing it as I go. I seem to do best with that. When I make a plan on what to write, it becomes a terrible fanfiction with 90% thumbs down.

6876916

Well that is sad. Well keep doing what works for you then!

I noticed that the characters keep listing off their own traits from (what appears) to be an objective narrative. Good story, otherwise. Rarity was pretty in character.

Login or register to comment