• Published 22nd Jan 2016
  • 2,434 Views, 25 Comments

Moonlit Spark - Destia Blaze



Spike has been called to Canterlot by the request of his friend Luna. However, he finds something he wasn't expecting.

  • ...
7
 25
 2,434

Moonlit Picnic

Spike looked at the setup once, and only once before nodding happily to Luna with a cheerful expression.

"I would love to join you Luna." He reached into his pocket to find he had his music player and after confirming he had it, he looked up. The night sky was beautiful. The stars seemed brighter, and the moon! The moon was so magnificent tonight it seemed like everything was just, what seemed to him to be happier. He looked to Luna, who seemed happy to witness Spike's awestruck stare into the sky decided to make her thought known.

"Do you like it Spike? We weren't sure if it would be overdoing it if we made the night a little more cheerful, we wanted tonight to go well." Luna's face became covered in a faint blush before she continued "We also have music prepared if you would like that as well." As she finished her comment, a light blush crept up her face, lighting it up in a manner that had Spike out of sorts as he struggled to not rush to her and hold her in his arms. He gave a singular nod in response and a very familiar voice crept into his ears.

"Scales landed a date with Luna? I never thought I'd see the day." Spike turned around to see a pale white Unicorn staring at him, her iconic glasses perched atop her head just behind her horn.

"Vinyl? You're the musician?" Spike asked inquisitively, looking between Luna and Scratch rapidly, disbelief evident on his face.

Vinyl simply smiled "You know it buddy, She knows what I can do, and you do too. So trust me, I won't ruin this for either of you. Spike couldn't tell if it was him or the way Vinyl said it, but he felt like she was both being incredibly serious and deciding to throw an innuendo into it. Luckily for the Unicorn, Luna did not catch it, however, Spike got it loud and clear, as his face darkened a couple shades with a blush, enough to get both mares attention.

"Spike?" Luna called "Are you alright?" she inquired, though Scratch figured it out quick and stopped any further questioning.

"Yea, he's cool Luna, just messing with him is all." Scratch quickly began to set up her 'studio' and began looking through her tracks until she found one she found appropriate and began to play. Spike looked to Luna for a moment as she returned his look and they came together and sat down, Vinyl lost to the world of music for the time. Luna pulled over a basket and opened the lid, pulling out two thermos-like canisters, some candles, and something spike recognized looked like a star ruby, just before Luna lit the candles and put them on a couple stands he didn't realize she grabbed. before him was one of the thermoses, the ruby, and a salad. Luna's side mirrored his own, minus the ruby.

"What's with this Luna?" He asked, staring at the ruby then looking back at the mare he's grown rather fond of over the course of the day, pulling her to him causing her to squeal in surprise, before making herself comfortable by laying across his lap and speaking.

"We felt that if We showed you We did care, you'd be more inclined to give us a chance, We are sorry if this bothers you." She spoke as though she were small, and simply a mare with him, he was startled at how different it was to when they had last spoken. She spoke with pride and power in her tone, she appeared the pinnacle of power with her sister by her side and Spike realized this is that same mare, only she wants to be care for, and nurtured, and she wants to grow with somepony that won't hurt them because they trust her as she does them. Most of all though, Spike wanted to be that somepony, and he felt amazing at how much that meant to him. Gently, he lay back, pulling her onto his chest as he smiled at the night sky, so full of life because Luna wanted to try to impress him, she wanted his attention and he, for the first time, felt wanted. He loved this feeling and as he looked to his chest, he saw this beautiful mare, staring up at him, the sparkle in her gorgeous cyan eyes, the way she made a small pouting face when she had to think about something was adorable to him. 'Do I love Luna? he thought to himself as he continued to look at this mare on him before nodding to himself and placing a gentle kiss on her lips. 'Yes I do. I love Princess Luna'.

The effect was instant, Luna lit up so brightly right before pressing Spike into the grass gently whilst returning his kiss ten-fold. They lay there in the silence, noting that, spike smiled and held Luna tightly before whispering into her ear "I love you Luna."

""I love you Spike" Luna replied softly. They sat up and began to eat in a comfortable silence side by side as they watched the sky, a gentle meteor shower raining above them making the night evermore beautiful to the drake as he kept one arm wrapped around Luna's waist, making her a very happy mare. His curiosity peaked, her reached for the thermos and opened it, cautiously sniffing at the contents inside and finding to his delight, that it was Apple Family Cider. Taking a sip, he immediately realized why Twilight never let him have any while he was a kid. The stuff was practically all alcohol, though being a dragon had it's perks. He took another drink and smiled in content as he looked over to Luna, whom was taking a drink from her own thermos.

"I do love Apple Family Cider, it is simply delicious and tingling to my senses." Luna spoke softly, an airy and whimsical tone in her voice.

"Thank you Luna, for today. At first I was concerned that this wouldn't have gone as well as it had and that'd we would have been in an awkward friendship, but I feel better knowing that I took the chance and we enjoyed our date." He gave her a light, gentle squeeze and a kiss on her cheek, causing her to blush just a little. "If I hadn't taken this chance, I'm not sure where we'd be."

"We always miss one hundred percent of the chances we don't take dear Spike" Luna replied simply before returning the small kiss onto his cheek, "We are also glad we took the risk and told you how we felt, though now we ask... How will your friends react. More importantly, how will Twilight react?" She asked with a thoughtful expression. "She is your Motherly Figure after all."

This got Spike thinking, how would he tell them all?

"I suppose we'll cross that bridge when we get to it, won't we?" he asked casually, taking a bite of his salad, the Star Ruby forgotten beside the salad as he enjoyed the crisp crunch of the salad, taking in all of the delectable flavors of the fresh cucumber, tomato, and radish. "Did you make the salads yourself Luna?" he asked, looking to the mare in question.

She smiled a nervous smile "I did try to make them yes, though I had to have some help."

As if on cue, a mare stepped out of the shadows, bowing to both Spike and Luna. A thestral by spikes guess (it's the wings) as she looked at them, she spoke clearly and calmly, "My Name is Nightingale and I am the Captain of the Night Guard. Our Princess came to me in a relative state of uncertainty on what to prepare for you and herself. Seeing you've lived with ponies for the current duration of your life, I recommended salad, since it is both simple and appealing. I am happy to see that the princess is indeed happy," she looked over to Luna and bowed once more, "I will take my leave now princess." and with that the Thestral vanished into the night on leather wings towards the mountains.

Spike looked towards Luna and smirked "Well she seemed nice" before standing up and lifting Luna up in his arms, using his tail to pack everything up, pocketing the Star Ruby with a display of dexterity usually reserved for his room when he's bored. After packing up the picnic, he lifted the basket with his tail and spread his wings before realizing he had no idea where they were and let Luna stand on her own. "Er, lead the way princess." he said with a mock regal tone, bowing in jest as he got a giggle out of Luna.

As they made their way back towards the direction they came from, the hedge began to materialize, allowing them to leave once more. As they got to the other side of the hedge, he scooped his princess up once more and took off towards the castle on his wings, providing some privacy as they spoke again "So, is that why my room is so close to yours then?" he asked with a grin.

"Actually, We wanted to ask if We could sleep with you for tomorrow morning, We hate sleeping alone and seeing we're an item now... Would it be alright dear Spike?" Spike couldn't help but smile softly at that.

"I would like that very much Luna, you're always welcome to sleep with me." After getting his mind straight he realized he was flying indoors, a very impressed looking Luna in his arms.

"You seem very bold to show me off to everypony already" she giggled the cutest giggle ever to Spike, causing him to slow down and land just before his door, opening it and inviting Luna inside.

"Shall we watch the sunrise and then head to bed My Princess?" he asked, with a light purr at the end of his sentence, drawing a blush out of Luna before smiling softly as she nodded meekly. They walked over to his bed, shutting the bedroom door behind him. He opened the curtains as the sky began to become painted with a myriad of colors, he held Luna lightly in his arms as she snuggled into him. as the sun rose, he became drowsy, curtains closing by themselves until all was dark, and he was asleep.

Author's Note:

So... After 6 1/2 months of inactivity on the site, I return with this! I do hope I don't disappoint with this chapter. Don't worry though, there's gonna be a HUGE surprise in the next chapter. And I know it might bother some of you guys but don't worry, I'll explain it eventually. Also, if any of you wanna try to draw up some cover art feel free. I'm looking to find one myself, but that's proving difficult. ANYWAY, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. Until next time!

Comments ( 11 )

You know, for creatures that are so long lived, they sure take to a relationship very quickly. First confession, first date, first kiss, first sleeping together, all on the same day.

7437973

Wait for it... Next chapter makes this all amusing.

twilight is going to flip her lid when she finds out they were sleeping in the same bed she isn't even going to care that they didn't do it she's just gonna freak out

7892427 gotta be honest, didn't think people still read this. makes me feel bad, but now I wanna try putting another chapter out.

awesome and hey you may not know it but a lot of people read this7893229

7893247 these past few days it would seem so. I guess I really will have to put out another ch. soon. I have like the next 5 or so outlined, but I can't get them worded just right to flow. and that's what stops me everytime.

ahh I know the feeling got a whole bunch outlined on a different site and I can't just get it to flow just so its so bloody annoying don't you agree7893256

hey I'm sure will both get it flowin good eventually7893282 :pinkiehappy:

Cancelled? Pity.

Why did this get cancelled?
Really loving this fic with SpikexLuna being a huge fav shipping of mine.
Was wondering what would be the "surprise" next chapter.

Wished this got to continue, its really good.

Login or register to comment