• Published 20th Feb 2016
  • 2,043 Views, 48 Comments

Dazzling Illusion - ChudoJogurt



When Trixie saw Adagio Dazzle, for the first time she has felt the true magic. Who is that new girl, and why does she make The Great And Powerful Trixie feel so small?

  • ...
7
 48
 2,043

Chapter II - Fast Food Friday

Trixie enjoyed going to school.

Not that she liked the classes or enjoyed the company of fellow students, but ever since Dazzling came into the school everything felt different: It was like Adagio's spell filled every hall and classroom, an invisible, green mango-and-peppermint-scented fog that permeated all of CHS, tickling against Trixie's skin so delightfully.

Lessons and classes blurred away and faded into the background, and all anyone could talk about was the Battle of the Bands. Every clash of former friends, every loud boast and every fight over who's band was better just filled her up with energy and resolve to win, no matter what.

She barely even thought of Adagio - her violet eyes, her smooth orange skin, the curves of her voluptuous body.... No, Trixie's thoughts were all about dominating in the Battle of the Bands.

It was almost too easy to win. Extra practice she made her friends put in, her special effects she used and the newfound energy that just filled her to the brim, she simply blasted her opponents off the stage in wicked solos and amazing tricks, their humiliated bands filling the rows of haters and enviers in the audience, and their boos and shouts of hatred giving her that extra jolt of power to win again and again. It would be already a reward enough in itself, but the real reward waited for her after the set, when tired and sweaty she would walk off the stage and maybe, just maybe catch Adagio looking at her, a glint of interest in those violet eyes.

She could feel Adagio’s eyes on her when she went to the stage the third time. A spark of curiosity, a touch of encouragement. She was no longer just a little star, a face in the crowd to the elder Dazzling and that meant the world of difference to Trixie. And as the Rainbooms stumbled onto the stage, stepping on each other's toes and snapping at each other, she knew she would win.

It was her destiny. It was inevitable: A showdown that was meant to be, a battle for her own soul. The Illusions versus The Dazzlings.

And again with three silken voices, her world came crashing down like a house of cards.

She watched them come in behind Principal Celestia and Luna, their gemstones glowing with green light. And even over the petty squabbles of the Rainblooms, she could hear their song - a wordless, humming tune that seemed somehow familiar, like she knew it a long, long time ago.

This time, unlike in the cafeteria, she could see what they were doing - the thin spider web of a spell woven by the sound in the air.

Somewhere in the depth of her mind, she knew should have been terrified as she watched the song creeping into principal's heads, filling their eyes with the green light, tugging at their limbs like strings of a puppet. Turning living, breathing humans into nothing more than mechanical mannequins filled with Adagio's voice.

She should've been scared.

Instead it just felt hot.

Captivated by their spellwork, she almost missed what exactly was Celestia announcing:

"The band that will be joining the Dazzlings in tonight's finals is... Rainbooms."

"WHAT?!"

***

.
Why would she do that? thoughts and emotions ran rampant in her head like a bunny stampede. - was she afraid of competing with The Great and Powerful Trixie? Was she tired of playing with me, and just wants me to go away? Does she just not care?

The Great And Powerful Trixie had never been so confused in her entire life. And given the events of the past few months, that was saying something.

"Adagio!"

Catching up to the Dazzlings just walking off stage, she grabbed the girl, pinning her to the wall.

"Why did you do that?!"

A small smile played on Adagio's lips. The full, all-too-close to Trixie plush lips, that almost made her vision swim just looking at them.

"Oh my, you caught me red-handed. Whatever shall I do?" mocking and sarcastic tone just wound Trixie up in her righteous indignation.
The other Dazzlings tittered again, in their usual fashion.

Trixie growled in frustration. "Are you afraid of The Great and Powerful Trixie's music so much?"

Suddenly, Adagio twisted in her grip in a single sinuous motion that bordered on inhuman, and then her body was pressed into Trixie's back, her hot breath on her ear.

"Hardly, my little star. Just giving you a chance."

All thought was banished from Trixie's head, all she could do was try not to drown in the orange hands coiled around her shoulders.

"Those bands don't hold a candle to The Great and Powerful Trixie, do they?"

"N-no" a whimper. Almost a whine, as Trixie melted into a puddle, Adagio's lips too close to her ear to form coherent thought.

Adagio hand pulled Trixie tighter into her embrace. Something hot and soft and pliable pressed into Trixie's back.

"And you do want to impress me, don't you honey?"

Trixie's nod set the fluff of Adagio's hair in motion. Hot breath on her neck set her nerves on fire - a reward for the right answer.

"So very admirable. And you've done marvelously so far. But that is not enough to impress me. Not yet."

The cold of open space would be more bearable than the torturous absence of Adagio's breath on Trixie's neck.

"Now only if you could figure out a way to still make it to the finals... one last shove so to speak, and then.." Adagio's tongue did something warm and wet and utterly amazing to Trixie's ear "I might actually be impressed."

The last word underlined by a sharp bite on Trixie's earlobe...and she probably blacked out, because the next thing she remembered was her propped up against the wall, too weak in the knees to stand up, Adagio nowhere in sight.

This floor feels nice...

***

"Trixie, this is insane!"

Apparently, Fuchi did not like her plan.

"You need to snap out of it, G&P", Lavi kept up the futile argument, "we want to win the Battle as much as anyone else, but you are entirely too obsessed. All those endless rehearsals I can understand, but actually trapping Rainbooms under the stage? Someone could get really hurt!"

"That Dazzling is doing something to you, I swear. Making us rehearse for six hours straight, hurting yourself while playing, and now this? Come on, girl. Let's just sit this one out. It's just a stupid song contest, it's not even your thing."

Trixie winced and rubbed her temples. After the talk with Adagio she felt so drained, and now this argument was giving her a headache.

Maybe they were right. Things were getting seriously weird. Like Fall Formal - level weird, and she should have been scared.

She gripped her guitar, running her fingers across the strings, feeling an almost invisible smudge of her blood on its neck - a reminder of her practice sessions she could never entirely remove.

Adagio clearly was doing something to her.
Are you a loser or a fighter?
Messing with her mind.
Impress me, honey. Then come back
Using her.
One last shove... and then...

She gripped her guitar like a weapon, tugging at the strings. The sound echoed through the empty locker room and something flickered back from the bottom of her friends' eyes. Mangoes and peppermint. Pure, unadulterated vertigo of magic.

"Trixie... please," Fuchsia almost begged. As if she was afraid of Trixie. "let's go home."

"No."

Her fingers came alive on her guitar and green mist and mango rolled across the room.

***

Trixie had never wanted anything more than this moment.

Nothing came close. Not vacation in Las Pegasus with Daddy. Not her first successful magic trick. Anything before or beyond this moment was pale, irrelevant, flat compared to the stage that was now in front of her. Her very bones ached for her to go out and start playing, and were anyone to try to stop her from it, she knew - with terrifying, complete certainty - that she would rip their throat out with her bare teeth and walk over their corpse without a second thought to get on that stage.

She entered the mango scented mist covering the stage and felt it trickling through her skin as it filled her with energy and power. Fuchi and Lavi followed - smiles on their faces, spring in their step, green light in their eyes.

Oh yeah-ah-yeah

She never practiced this song. It just came to her with the rush of being on the stage, the pulse of something new being born within her.

If you wanna see some action
Gotta be the center of attraction
Make sure that they got their eyes on you
Like a face that you see on every magazine

And they had. All of the school was watching her play, and she could feel Adagio's eyes with the back of her head, a heavy violet gaze that was now unable to look away from Trixie.

Come out from the shadows it's your time
'cause tonight is the night for everyone to see

Plectrum exploded in her fingers, but it didn't matter - her nails extended and hardened, keeping the tempo of the music.

It's natural!

Her fang nicked her own lips, blood trickling down her mouth and pooling by her throat like a red necklace.

Sensational!

Electricity ran across Trixie's skin like a miniature storm of her own making, begging to rush in and fill her. Pain and pleasure of the shocks mixed into something greater than both.

Feel the heat that's all around you
Flashing lights and ecstasy surround you

Unearthly tones crept into the music, swirling the surrounding fog into vortexes and whirlpools, expanding the storm of eldritch energy.

You're the queen of the scene living in a dream

She pulled Adagio on the stage, the Dazzling powerless before her song.

And you believe that this is what you've waited for
and it's you that they all adore

A savage kiss ripped Adagio's lips, their blood mixing on their lips.

And then something happened.

A resonance. A spark connected the two of them. It was like a shock to restart a heart she didn't know had stopped. Like a slap they give to the newborn to make it take its first breath. And like a baby being born Trixie screamed, her cry intertwined with the music.

She could feel everything so crystal-sharp, every sensation a flash of pleasure and pain against the naked nerve:

The discord of the audience that loved and hated her at the same time.
The pulse of stolen power that filled the Dazzlings.
Hotter than a thousand suns, more delicious than honey - the magic of the Rainbooms' argument beneath her, spilling in the air like blood from a gushing wound.

And now it was the easiest thing in the world to just reach out and inhale it all through the crimson gem of congealed blood on her throat.

The world exploded in a blissful agony of energy rushing into her like a mighty torrent. White-hot lightning ran along her spine and she arched her back to the near-orgasmic sensation as fin-like translucent wings ripped out of her back in a shower of gore. She could feel the blood vessels pop in her eyes, drowning the world in red. It was the best feeling in the world as if she just now came truly alive.

There was just one last thing left to do.

Hidden from the view by the salvo of the final fireworks and last chords of the song, in a blinding flash of teleport, they vanished off the stage.

***

Her eyes still glazed over, Adagio propped up on a pillow and lit a cigarette.

"Well." Adagio's voice was a little bit coarse, giving it a deeper, more velvet feel, "Colour me impressed, my little star."

Tobacco smoke filled the room. Mango-flavored of course.

A long pull masked the awkward pause, neither of them sure what to say.

"So... you want to conquer the world with us?"

Trixie snuggled closer and licked one of the bite marks she left on the impeccable orange neck, tasting the saltiness of her lover's blood.

"With you. Anything with you".

Author's Note:

Yeah, I dunno, it kinda didn't work out the way I imagined it at first... but hey, anything is better than a blank page, amirite?

Comments ( 44 )

A clop of AdagioxTrixie would be interesting to see though xD Usually you see her with Sunset...(and that goes for Trixie and Adagio)

Wow! :pinkiegasp:

I don't think I've ever seen a story in which Trixie actually wins her over, and in a manner perfectly befitting Trixie, at that! That might have something to do with Adagio only having been using her to start and the general interpretation that it was a one-sided, purely physical attraction if anything at all, but still.

I remember that "This is bound to cause some shipping" picture from way back when, but this ship has surprisingly little going for it. :rainbowhuh:

Anyway, Trixie becoming a siren and helping them conquer (or at least enthrall) the world together might not be a 'good' ending, but I'll take it! :pinkiehappy:

6955815 Thanks!
Your approval means a lot, especially since I got inspired to write it by the "Sucker for a Cute Face"

She barely even thought of Adagio - her violet eyes, her smooth orange skin, the curves of her voluptuous body.... No, Trixie's thoughts were all about dominating in the Battle of the Bands.

Hah! Called it right on the "sex versus fame" lure issue regarding Trixie. :rainbowlaugh:

As the song puts it

... Seduced by phantom treasure / Riches, fame and pleasure ...

The part where Adagia gets really physical is especially hot and nasty (in both senses of that term) when one remembers that Adagio is actually an immortal evil predator, not a sexually-precocious late-teens girl. Compared to her, Trixie -- either yours or mine -- is but an innocent child with an unfortunate prediliction for boasting. (My Trixie is probably more violent but less sexual than your Trixie, but it's hard to tell because Adagio is of course playing on her emotions with her Siren powers).

I'm glad you remembered Fuschia Blush and Lavender Lace, and their reaction to Trixie's plan is pretty much as I imagined it. Dropping a rival band over six feet onto a concrete floor is a crazy thing to do simply to win a musical contest, crazy at Misfits vs. Holograms levels (and the Misfits were of course the ones to do that sort of thing in the Jem series). In my world they really like Trixie, but the Trixie they befriended was a colorful, fantastic and talented braggart, not a vicious thug.

Trixie gets suspicious of her own actions because Trixie is smart, and she can see (especially because the Illusions are pointing it out to her) that she's acting Out Of Character. Unfortunately, she succumbs anyway. Either fortunately, or more unfortunately, she learns the Sirens' magic and bascially becomes the Humanoid equivalent of one anyway. Complete with her own minions. Heh-heh-heh.

Very well done -- you've written erotic horror! And created what amounts to an interesting alternate universe.

You might consider the AU tag, but of course that might give away something of the ending. Which is quite beautifully shocking, the way you've written it.

Especially to a Trixie fan like me.

6955875
Groovy! :coolphoto:

I'm typically guilty of using Trixie's infatuation for comic effect where Adagio is concerned, so it's nice to see something to balance that out a bit. :twilightsheepish:

NOPONY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION

6955890 as I said somewhere, sirens are essentially MLP equivalent of a vampire. They are immortal sexy predators that hide in the crowd, feed on humans and mess with your mind.
So, yes, there definitely are elements of horror. Otherwise you just not using the potential of the situation, and essentially get Twilight (not the pony Twilight, the book Twilight)

6955993

But that's good -- you actually get that the Dazzlings are monsters. Cute, sexy monsters -- but in their case, that's part of their POWER.

Also, you did the opposite of the "hero/ine redeems the Dazzlings" story. You had Adagio succeed in corrupting Trixie -- and succeed far more thoroughly than Adagio probably imagined possible.

6956006 dude, seriously, spoilers, please.
This tag exists for a reason, use it.

6956008

Sorry, fixed it!

6955993

The weird thing about Twilight is that Bella's situation actually is horrific -- she's just too much of a ditz to realize it.

6956011 hmm... is it?
I only read the first book, but I don't really remember much horrible stuff happening. I mean, yes, she gets attacked by the monsters, but at least Cullens try to protect her, so she's essentially better off than regular clueless mortals.
I brought up Twilight precisely because it essentially has castrated non-monstrous vampires, AFAIK. Edward is no more similar to classical predatory archetype than Count from the Sesame Street.

And colour me surprised because Trixie's friends were included.

Now I wonder if this is a true bad guys win fic, or if they've just delayed the inevitable as Sunset Shimmer layeth the smackdown on them. Is Trixie merely a pawn that the Dazzlings have found has a greater use than the normal teenage girl, or is she somebody who transcended her limitations and is now on even footing with them?

Comment posted by ChudoJogurt deleted Feb 20th, 2016

I'm not sure what to call this? Erotic horror?

6956850
As long as it's not "horrific error" I'm good.

Lol 20 frets on that flying V

Nice piece. A good way to blend horror and romance. How appropriate that Trixie in both universes should gain more magical power and become more evil through a red gem on her neck.


6956016
The 'horrible stuff' that happens is Bella and Edward's relationship, not the bad guy attacks.
Try reading the Sporking of Twilight for an in-depth explanation. Or just consider exactly how the two people involved actually treat each other when you strip away the book's attempts to make excuses for them.

7139718
Yeah, their romance is god-awful, but it's not something that "happened" to Bella, it's something she merrily skipped towards. I think the implication even is that she can step off the vampire train any time she wants, at least until she gets pregnant and vampirised herself.

7139718
I read the sporkings (well, I am in the process of reading them now), and I must admit you're right.
This shit is downright terrifying - the Eclispe is just.... I've no words. This is fucked up.

7209033
Glad you're enjoying or at least finding it hard to put down my recommendation. You can take comfort in knowing you've written a probably healthier relationship here... despite knowingly, successfully making it a horror piece.

7209033
Sorry typo correction. "Probably healthier" not "Probably healthy".

7212042
Yeah, I figured as much.
Also, thanks to you (and the sporkings) I doodled a few Twilight-esque continuations of the fic. Probably won't publish them for quite a while, though.

At first I thought it was going to change the canon of the move but you surprised me with the twist of Trixie being brainwashed. I liked it.

7466943
No, I just love proper Latin plurals. They're nifty.
And since its third person limited, I get to use them even if character wouldn't

Great story! Not sure how I feel about the change in Trixie towards the end. It was definitely unexpected, and it worked in the story, it just also took it in quite a different direction. Which isn't a bad thing, just, hmmmm. Perhaps it's just the idea of Adagio being impressed with Trixie I find so strange. Or perhaps the sirens/vampires comparison hadn't really occurred to me before, and so took a while to get my head around.

Fantastic job though. Nobody, fic or actual show, has ever made me like Trixie before, but this managed it. I'm not sure I've ever seen such an openly predatory or in-control Adagio before, that worked really well. As others have said, the portrayal of how it must feel to be enthralled was really well written. Awesome.

Damn, one hell of an ending. Awesomely written. Looks like Adagio has a new 'playmate', and some new minions in Fuchsia and Lavender. Quite delicious. :D

Reading this again, a thought occurred to me: If Trixie is under their spell here, why isn't anyone else acting like this? :rainbowhuh:
Were there other increasingly obsessed victims of their spell that we didn't see (they wouldn't have been as much fun to watch as Trixie anyway), or was Trixie's unique personality combined with the sirens' influence what led to this result?

7598808
It's a bit of both - first Trixie over-reacted to the siren's spell, and then Adagio just couldn't resist playing with her food.

And maybe there just was something in Trixie herself that was pre-disposed towards the siren's magic, I haven't decided. There are some hints towards that in the text.

7598828
I guess that makes sense. Trixie was (as far as we know) the only one to actually approach the sirens (being very Trixie about it in the process) after the cafeteria bit, and if she was the only one acting that way, it's no surprise that the sirens would make the most of her. They couldn't have picked a better thrall/addition to the group! :pinkiehappy:

This fic has been reviewed by myself in the Blunt Reviews Group! Check my opinion by clicking here.

Hello, my good author. I am not even going to beat around the bush on this one. Your story made it into the Reviewers Cafe with the highest score possible:pinkiehappy: Click here if you want to see what I had to say
I absolutely loved it btw:pinkiehappy:

8083781
I may give a longer more thought out review since we try to keep them short in the Cafe

Unfortunately, I overhyped this story and my fellow reviewers took a look. It didn't make it. Click on the old link to see the edited review

8084966
Eh.
Important thing was that you liked the story.
And I was kinda very shaky with English direct speech and punctuation rules when I started writing, so that's kinda fair.

Just to say, I reread this yesterday, and it remains a really good story. And I'm pleased to say that when Trixie showed up in season 6, I was glad to see her. That's never happened to me before, and this story is the main reason why, so thanks :twilightsmile:

8175484
I'm very happy that you liked my story!

8084966
Hey, I went over this story with some careful editing, and hopefully, I have fixed most of the punctuation and article issues.
Since you liked the story - perhaps you're willing to give it another go in the Reviewer's Cafe?

8177956
I'll give it a look. I'm happy that you decided to resubmit.

8178193
I don't know about anyone else but I am interested in seeing where this would go. Too bad it was just a two chapter thing, unless there is a chance you are going to write a sequel.. . . at all.

9288519
A story in the same continuity is in the works. Will be a fairly long time before it's published, though.

Damn. Colour me impressed. The writing flows incredibly well, the characters are totally understandable and the imagery is on point. If I had to make a complaint, it would be that the formatting of line breaks between paragraphs is inconsistent but that's trivial. Great work.

Wow. This was awesome. I don't generally like "bad endings" in stories, but this was so compellingly written and so charged with sensuality that I can't fault you for it at all.

After most of the story follows the plot of Rainbow Rocks so closely, I was definitely caught by surprise to see the mentions of Trixie's claws and the blood pooling at her neck, but it certainly worked. A very believable way things could have panned out and a very enjoyable read. Thank you for it!

Login or register to comment