• Published 2nd Jan 2016
  • 680 Views, 6 Comments

The House of C - pchn00



The attempted abduction of the royal couple sets events into motion that may mean the end of the world.

  • ...
3
 6
 680

Chapter 1

Chapter 1: State of Affairs

-- Triskelion --

The Deputy Director's anger was easy to avoid. Agent's all throughout the building could hear him storming their way, cursing loudly the whole time. It wasn't uncommon for a younger agent of SHIELD to be heartlessly thrown to the wolves as a distraction while their more experienced fellows beat a hasty retreat.

Director Luna on the other hand was another story. When she was upset with you, she was suddenly right behind you. The less educated suspected she used magic to get around so silently. How else could the large mare creep up on the well trained humans and ponies in the finest military force in the world?

He'd heard all about it, but Agent Barton had never seen it happen first hand. He knew it was coming however. He'd catastrophically failed in his one job. Now the normally smart mouthed agent was standing at rigid attention, waiting for his boss to speak. He managed not to flinch when she finally did. "Explain things to me. Succinctly and to the point."

Under any other circumstances the sibilant voice of Director Luna would put him at ease. However much of the laughter typically dancing in her eyes was absent. "King Rogers had retired early to the royal chambers complaining of stomach problems. They'd just finished a diplomatic talk with the Wakandan ambassadors and their food always disagrees with him so I didn't think anything of it. Queen Celestia closed court early to spend time with the King. Again this was not unusual behavior, so again I didn't suspect anything unusual."

Hands folded behind his back tightened as he mentally prepared for the next part. "With the royal couple retiring early I allowed most of the guard detail to also take early liesure time. It wasn't until several hours later when I went to check on Ste-" He hesitated seeing her eyes narrow just slightly. "...his majesty that we learned he and the Queen had slipped away without being noticed."

"And how did they accomplish this? My sister does not 'blend in' Agent Barton."

"No ma'am, she does not. We're waiting on confirmation from the Archmage but we suspect she teleported herself and the King out to go on their evening walk privately."

"Both have tracing spells on them, how were they not noticed?"

"I'm not a mage ma'am." He winced and cursed himself for his smart-assedness having spoken without thinking.

"Indeed you are not." The temperature in the room had dropped a few degrees at her response. She turned and moved to sit behind her desk. Clint remaining at rigid attention. "The nobility is clamoring for you to be relieved of your post, and for possible disciplinary action."

"Of course they are." This time he didn't try to hide the bite in his tone.

"However, not at all surprising anybody both the King and Queen were very firm in their belief that you should neither be dismissed, nor discplined. You have held your post for some years now and have a firm rapport built up with the royal couple. That being said your liesurely attitude to your duty ends now, Agent Barton."

"Yes, ma'am. I guarantee something like this won't happen again. I won't lie, my team and I have been lax the last eight months or so. It seemed like things had finally calmed down and some normalcy was coming back to the Kingdom." He trailed off with a faint frown, rubbing the back of his neck. Clearly he had more to say but was reluctant to say it.

"Go ahead, Clint. What is it?"

He shrugged. "It's fun for them. Especially the Queen. She likes 'pulling one over on us'. And we go along with it because it makes her smile, ma'am."

Director Luna closed her eyes and nodded. "Yes... I suppose it would be fun for her. And her husband as well, he hides it well but he has quite the rebellious nature. Perhaps we could arrange a more controlled enviornment for them to sneak away from you in."

"A security force they're unaware of?"

"Yes. I will select a squad and have the details sent to you when they are prepared. In the meantime, no more games with them Agent. At least for the time being."

Clint responded with a curt nod. "Yes, ma'am. Do we have any intel on the abductors?"

"We do." Tapping the console before her she brought up dossiers on the criminals. "The Black Scale Mercenary company. Primarily made up of draconic, human, and canine members. They knew exactly where the royal couple would be, had tranquilizers prepared that neutralized both of their incredibly potent immune systems, and a specially prepared magic dampening ring for Celestia."

"Something that can put a damper on the Queen's horn doesn't seem like something a bunch of thugs would have access to."

"Indeed not. We have determined that they were hired by Lucia von Bardas, who is of course the right hand toady of..."

"Victor von Doom." He finished for her.

"Indeed. Doom has effectively declared war upon our Kingdom, and given us the opening we need to shut him down permanently."

"Loud or quiet?"

"That is what I will be discussing with the Queen this evening. She is calling a war cabinet to determine precisely how we should respond."

"Well. If there's nothing else ma'am I should get back to my people." Saluting crisply he turned to go.

"There is one more thing, Agent Barton." He turned from the door eyes widening slightly at the Director's posture. "The zipper seems stuck on my uniform and I prefer to visit my sister in my dress clothes. Would you assist me in undressing?"

His trade mark smirk slipped into place. "Are you sure we have time for this?"

"I am the Director of SHIELD, and one of the four great Generals of the United States of Equestria. Time works around me, Clint. Not the other way around. Now are you coming over here or not?"

"Yes, ma'am."

-- Manhattan --

"New York, New York it's a helluva tow-" The red and blue clad man swinging from the line of web rounded a corner, singing at the top of his lungs when a sudden buzz int he back of his head caused him to release the web line and drop lower. He'd almost plowed right into a pegasi mail carrier. "-hey-oh! Sorry lady!"

She shook a hoof at him in good natured anger. "I'm flyin' here ya bum!"

Spider-man chuckled as he threw out another webline, continuing on his way. Now a bit more mindful of the air traffic. It was mid day in the Spring downtown Manhattan after all and the pegasi were as bad as the pigeons now that mating season was coming up. At least she hadn't propositioned him. No doubt he'd start getting attention from the mare's soon enough.

Not that he'd ever accept of course. He was a happily married man. Today was his anniversary in fact, and for once in his life he was on time. Not just on time, he was running early. He couldn't wait to get there and see the look on her face as he made it home in time to help with the set up.

He chuckled again as his spider-sense buzzed lightly. Again he dropped low as he rounded a building for the anticipated pegasus. He realized that he was in a lot more danger than plowing into a winged pony. He caught sight of a toothy grin, and a flash of black and white as he was tackled bodily in the air. Landing hard on the nearby rooftop.

A tangle of limbs hit the roof, Spider-man thrashing to get free of his attacker.

...but not thrashing to hard as he caught a whiff of the familiar perfume she wore.

"Well well... what's this I seem to have caught."

His heart hammered harder in his chest, pulse pounding in his ears at the voice. Felicia Hardy. His could have been. "Cat! Hey! You uh... sort of took me by surprise there!"

"Oh I didn't think anything took you by surprise spider. You must have known I was there..." She was on all fours, inching her way toward him as he hastily backed up along the roof. "...or did you want to get caught?"

Tearing his eyes off her very prominently displayed chest, and pondering just how unfair it was for the super ladies to dress that way he nervously cleared his throat. "Normally I'd love to catch up but I'm in a hurry today soooo..."

Sometimes he forgot how fast she could be. As he tried to side step around her she rolled smoothly to her feet cutting off his escape. "Oh I know. Happy Anniversary, Dr. Parker."

"Well ah... th-thank you Felicia." He winced behind the mask at the crack in his voice at her name. Clearing his throat. "Thank you Felicia."

"You're very welcome." She took a step closer. He didn't step back this time. God she was beautiful. Almost beautiful enough to make a man do something stupid. "I don't suppose you've mentioned my offer to the little woman have you?"

"I have... and she told me she very politely declines."

A brief flash of irritation crossed the woman's face. "What? Declined? Me?"

"Yes, Felicia. You. She has some concerns about your... you know... being a professional criminal."

"That's all behind me, Peter. You know that."

"Right. See you say that but then that Cat's Eye Emerald was stolen last night."

She affected a hurt expression. "Are you accusing me of that?"

"Felicia it's supposed to be very heavily enchanted, so if you did take it, you should consider putting it back. Apparently it was on loan from Egypt. You know everything coming out of that whole region is just curse city."

"I didn't take the emerald, Peter."

She sounded genuinely hurt. If it were anybody else he would believe them and apologize for the accusation. But Felicia Hardy had burned him to many times in the past. "Alright. Well... I need to get going. I have a party to help set up. You ah... you should come by."

"Thanks but no thanks. See you around, Spider." The hurt was still in her tone, and this time he believed it was genuine. Regarding her silently for a long moment, he eventually turned and swang off into the city.

Black Cat waited until he was long gone before slipping the palm sized emerald from one of the pouches lining her belt. "Cursed. You're not cursed right, you'd tell me, hm?" Cradling the gemstone she smiled as she gazed down at it. "Who needs Peter Parker. Not me. Not when I have pretty little things like you." Slipping it back into its place she fired a line of her own, swinging into the city the opposite direction of Spider-man.

If Peter hadn't been so flustered he may have noticed her eyes were an emerald green, with inhumanly shaped slit pupils rather than her usual crystalline blue.

-- Parker Home --

Landing on the roof of the high rise sky scraper, Peter tugged his mask off and tapped in the keycode to the roof top door lock. Stepping inside after it hissed open he hopped over the banister to the floor below, stepping through the door and into the penthouse apartment. "Hey! I'm home. And I'm early!"

"I'm in our room getting ready!"

He chuckled as his wife called from down the hall. "You do know the party isn't for another five hours, right?" Looking around their home it looked like she hadn't done anything to set up at all. He was all for helping but the way she nit picked everything he figured she'd at least have it well under way.

"Well I have to look my best, Peter darling. We're going to Canterlot after all."

That gave him pause. "Wait? We are? What for?"

"Our anniversary party."

"....nnnnnooooooo. We're having it here. A small get together for close friend and family."

"Yes well, that's what I told Pinkie Pie but you know-"

He cut her off. "Yes I know how she can be. This means a tux for me doesn't it?"

"I'm afraid so, dear."

He grumbled to himself as he walked down the hall to their room, taking note of the small fortune in jewelry hap hazardly discarded on the bed. "You sure a collared shirt and some dockers won't cut it?"

He flinched as soon as he said it. "Uh! Uh!" His wife of ten years stuck her head out of the bathroom. A small cloud of hair pins floating about her royal purple mane in a pale blue aura. Large blue eyes were blazing with outrage. "A collared shirt and dockers for a visit to Canterlot? You might as well wear that abomination you have on!"

"Hey I like my costume. It's classic."

"It's hideous. It doesn't even make any sense. At least that dreadful Romanoff woman picked a proper color scheme for herself. You show me a red and blue spider and I'll take it all back."

He sighed, but couldn't hide a smile at her griping. He knew she was just nervous. A smile she returned. "I'll get my tux."

"Thank you dear, I know how much you hate dressing up. Leaving the costume on the bed and I'll have it clean in a moment."

He didn't respond as he tugged it off piece by piece. He could feel his wife's eyes on him as he undressed. Not that he minded. "Not it, by the way."

Peter didn't need to see her to tell the fur along her back had bristled for a moment, but he could hear her hooves on the tiled floor as she moved back into the bathroom. "Whatever do you mean, darling?" In a far to sing-songy tone.

"You know what I mean."

"But Peter she listens to you more than me..." The whine was creeping in.

"No chance. We told her she didnt have to dress up. If you're making her dress up, you're going to have to pin her down and force a dress on her, good luck with that. And the hair."

"But Peter!" The whine was in full force. "I always have to be the bad guy! You get to be the cool fun dad while I have to be the authoritarian and it isn't fair!"

He sighed softly as he stepped over her and into the shower. "Rarity, you know I love you. More than anyone in the world. And I know you were really hoping she'd want to follow in your foot steps but I think at this point it's fair to say she is not a little fashionista, or high socierty 'anything' in the making."

It broke his heart a little to see her wilt on her sillhoette through the shower curtain. "I know, Peter. I know. It's not to much to ask that she shows the slightest interest in what I love is it?"

"I dunno, do you show interest in what she loves? It's kind of a two way street y'know."

"But she loves... violent video games and... and... uncouth movies."

"Well hun I dunno what to tell you. She has that same tone when I talk about what you do. You two are so alike it's scary."

Again that flinch in her ears as they flatten against her head. "She wasn't always like that. She used to love dressing up in my clothes, getting into my work room."

"Tell you what. Why don't you take May out tomorrow?"

"What? But it's Sunday fun day. I sincerely doubt she would approve of that."

"Well tomorrow, just try and have fun with things she might like to do. Who knows? Maybe you'll have fun too. Go to the park, throw a frisbee with her. She's nine, Rares. She's not hard to entertain."

He finished his shower in silence as she mulled over the offer. "I believe that's a lovely idea, Peter, thank you."

"Hey, that's why they pay me the big bucks. For my big brain." He stepped out of the shower going for a towel.

"Mmmm." Rarity's eyes flashed playfully as she snagged his towel away from his waist. "Well I know what kind of big bucks you can give me."

He raised an eyebrow. "Not that I'd ever say no but you'll smudge your make up."

The towel dropped in an instant as she turned back to the mirror. "Right as always, darling. Thank you for being the voice of reason." Satisfied her face was in order she trotted to the bedroom, beginning the process of selecting her outfit. Absentmindedly she levitated his hideous costume off the bed moving it toward the hamper. Then paused as it neared her muzzle. "Peter?"

"Mmmm?"

"Why do I smell Felicia Hardy all over this costume?"

Uh oh.


-- Canterlot Castle, Council Room --

"Majesty, I'm happy to see you're healthy and in high spirits as usual given the circumstances of last night."

Celestia smiled at the only one seated in the room already. "Thank you, Archmage Strange." The tall slender man was wearing his official garments, cutting an impressive figure in the long red cloak and bright blue vest. In his middling years, but his magical power only increased with time.

"Stephen for you, majesty."

"Well then Celestia for you, Archmage." An old back and forth between the two old friends. She knew he'd no sooner call her by her first name than she would him.

"Will the King be joining us?"

"He'll be along I'm sure. There's a bit of a to-do in the Ball Room this evening and you know how he likes to stop and talk to everyone on the castle staff, everyone visiting-"

"Everyone in general, yes I'm familiar with his majesty's habits. While we're on the subject of your habits, this sneaking out nonsense has to end."

Celestia huffed delicately at the notion. Sitting at the head of the table even as the nearby maid settled a cup of tea in front of her. She gave the young woman a smile and a nod before turning back to one of her primary advisors. "Is it so wrong I want some private time with my husband?"

"Not at all." He managed to hide his smirk at the shocked look on her face. "It's not even the worst offense imaginable that you would slip away from your security detail from time to time. However shuffling the tracking spells from yourselves to a pair of dogs you smuggled into your chambers is something I'll have to insist you do not do again. Despite your positions I understand you are, at heart, children. Very powerful, very influencial children, but children none the less."

The Queen ruffled her feathers indignantly. "I think that's a bit far."

"I don't." She turned to the doors as her stone faced Captain of the Royal Guard entered. Looking incredibly unenthused. "If it's not sneaking out endangering yourselves and the Kingdom it's all the childish pranks you play on the guard and staff."

"Shining Armor, so glad you could make it. I didn't think you'd get here so quickly."

He kept his sour look up through Celestia's pleasant tone. "Cadance wanted to get here quickly to help Pinkie set up the party, I caught a ride with her." He took a seat next to Strange at the table, giving the man a nod of greeting that was returned in kind.

The door's opened again as Captain Stark entered alongside Director Luna, the two obviously having arrived together and still in conversation. The man was without his armor, in his dress uniform, though half the buttons on his jacket were open and the cuffs rolled up to his elbows. "Is everyone done talking to the Queen like she's an infant? Can we start the actual meeting yet?"

Shining Armor grunted in response. "Good to see you as always Captain Stark."

"The wife manage to find the stick yet?"

Shining wrinkled his nose in confusion, while Strange coughed politely and Celestia did her best to hide a smile. "What stick?"

"The one lodged up your backside."

The stallion's nostrils flared, but his anger couldn't hold up to the laughter of those assembled in the room. "I'm glad everyone is in such high spirits and happy to joke around. You people do remember the royal abductions last night? Latveria has declared war on us."

That seemed to steal much of the mirth in the room. Celestia chewed her lower lip in thought. "I think that may be over stating things a bit, Shining Armor."

"I agree with Captain Armor."

All eyes turned to Tony Stark in surprise. None more so than his fellow Captain himself. "You do?"

"I do. Poking at our borders and cold war intel gathering are all well and good but this is a step to far. If we don't respond with a show of force now, it's going to give other countries ideas."

The Queen still looked unconvinced. "Surely we should attempt diplomacy first."

Luna frowned deeply, staring at the table in thought before speaking. "Sister while I would prefer to settle our issues diplomatically, it is clear by now that Doom has no interest in talk. If we do not retaliate and soon, Atlantis, Genosha, Wakanda, even Brittania could begin to get ideas that we are weakened."

Celestia's eyes went to the last of her advisors. Strange's hands were folded in his lap, brows drawn together in thought. "I'm sorry, majesty. But I'm forced to side with the others. This business with Lord Doom has gone on long enough. It is time to end this once and for all. We vastly overpower Latveria, Lord Doom knows this. What has posessed him to make so bold a move is entirely beyond me."

Luna settled back in her seat, her frown deepening into a scowl. "Perhaps Doom has made allies of our other enemies. Namor, Magnus, T'Challa. If the four were united they could pose a powerful front. The mutants and Atlanteans would prove powerful troops, particularly if augmented with Latverian magic and Wakandan technology."

The idea clearly didn't sit well with Celestia. Her expression growing increasingly troubled as Luna spoke. "Recommendations?"

"We have two obvious choices in my opinion." The group shifted their attention to Captain Stark. "We either go in shock and awe, Magic Corp, Royal Guard, the armors, and obliterate Doom's defenses and forces. There may be some losses on our side but not many if we strike hard enough. Or we send in the Avengers."

Celestia didn't hide her distaste at that idea. She knew her sister's personal squad of 'wet work' meta-humans was a necessity but it wasn't one she often entertained the idea of using. "How soon can our forces be prepared to depart?"

Shining tapped his chin in thought. "We can pull forces from the northern states, though given the close proximity of Genosha to Southern Equestria we should keep our men where they are down there. We could ask Britannia or Japan for assistance."

Luna nodded her agreement. "A fine idea. A joint operation would make us look more like the affronted party rather than the muscle bound thugs the world likes to paint us as."

Celestia fixed her sister with a deadpan look. "We are the affronted party, Luna."

Stark shrugged. "True, but that doesn't mean the world isn't waiting with baited breath to see the mighty Solar Empire toppled." Noting his Queen's very unpleasant look at bringing up the ancient name for their kingdom. "Don't give me the stink-eye, I wasn't even alive five thousand years ago. But the name stuck. Probably the whole... raining fire and vengeance down on Egypt thing."

Closing her eyes and taking a deep breath, Celestia finally nodded. "You're right. Of course. I'll have Steve contact Brian over in Britannia. The pair of them have always gotten along very well. I'd like the Defenders to participate as well. It always makes the public happier to see them, and they've recently added a young mutant to the roster, yes?" This question aimed at Luna.

"Indeed. Not just any mutant either, but a genoshan defector and if she is to be believed, daughter of Magnus himself."

That brought a low whistle from both Captains, who in their surprise forgot their animosity toward one another. "The Scarlet Witch?"

"Far better than that. His youngest, Lorna. Who has the same mutation as her father."

The Queen's eyebrow rose. "I'm intensely curious to learn the circumstances behind her defection."

Strange rose to his feet. "I believe I should take my leave for now. I will select a cadre of Battle magi to prepare themselves for the coming hostilities. Until then." He bowed curtly to the assembled, before vanishing with blink of light.

Stark stood as well. "I might find the old man, I had something I wanted to go over with him. I'll let the kids know we need to get ready to fly."

Shining Armor was the last to stand. "And I have a party to attend, while I pretend we're not about to go to war with a hostile foreign power so I don't ruin the fun for my hormonal and insane wife who is far to deeply into the midst of her pregnancy for me to want her travelling the kingdom."

The sisters watched the Captain's depart, before Luna turned back to Celestia. "I hope you weren't to hard on Clint."

"Before or after his reprimand?"

Celestia gasped. "Luna! You hussy!"

The mock outrage drew a laugh from her younger sister, and for just a moment the two were simply two mares sharing a moment together.

-- Latveria --

"They will be coming soon."

The occupant of the lavishly decorated chamber looked up from the bed that dwarfed the tiny filly. Large soulful blue eyes regarded the armored ruler of Latveria from beneath her dirty blonde bangs that perpetually hung in her eyes. "You're sure?"

Doom didn't respond, merely crossed his arms over his chest.

The filly sighed and climbed to her hooves. "Should I... should I be doing something or...?"

"No, child. However when the attack begins you will be escorted to the dungeons beneath the castle. It is the most heavily fortified locale in the castle and it would not do to have you injured."

She fidgeted with her fore hooves. "You're sure we can't just talk to them?"

"Any attempt at diplomacy would be met with suspicion. The only chance you have at meeting Celestia in the flesh is the plan we have put together."

The filly nodded her agreement eventually. "Alright. I trust you."

"And I you, child. The fate of our world lays in your hooves. I only hope they are intelligent enough to act accordingly. Do you require anything before I leave to prepare? It is likely we will not speak again."

She offered him a small smile. "No thank you, sir. You've given me quite enough already. And the nice robot will get me lunch when it's time."

With a curt nod, Victor von Doom turned and departed the chamber, closing the door behind himself.

Author's Note:

Here's chapter 1. A bit of a glimpse into the world and what's going on.

If anyone's interested in editing work lemme know, I could use a dedicated fixer upper. >_>

Comments ( 3 )

Rarity and Mary-Jane fusion?

Also, did the Scarlet Witch say "All the ponies" or something?

Liking it.
Oh and "firt hand" is probably a typo.

This is interesting. Please continue.:pinkiehappy::derpytongue2::moustache:

Login or register to comment