• Published 26th Dec 2015
  • 436 Views, 1 Comments

The Rise of Wraith - JusSonic



A new group rises as a group of unlikely heroes stands in their way.

  • ...
7
 1
 436

Chapter 03: Clues Fit the Picture

Chapter 03: Clues Fit the Picture

We enter around a strange area around the Neighagra Falls section of Equestria. Right now, the Monster Hunting Agency group were now entering a suspicious temple tome of unknown culture. Right now, this was where Octacon reported that some connection to the Spectre was said to be connected from Wraith’s data. So as they are approaching the steps, many are pondering about the situation here….

“Wow, it’s like we’re living a Daring Do adventure.” Lyra smiled off in imagining how thing are becoming here.

“Except we’re not, we gotta keep our minds sharp. We don’t want things ending up like last time.” Bon-Bon reminded this off to her best friend about something like what happened before.

“Last time?” Arsenal raised an eyebrow in having heard this that caught some interest.

“Oh yes, it was something that happened after the agency was made, before knowing about Solid Snake & Octacon became our guiding managers & we took on a certain task.” Time Turner spoke off in stating off this topic about something that they experienced long ago.

“This sounds like it happened shortly before I or the rest of us join in.” Halse raised an eyebrow in having heard this.

“I remember it like it was yesterday.” Derpy stated off in having remember something like that from long ago.

“But it was actually some weeks back before we met Halse the Armor Horus.” Time Turner pointed off in how long it was that they experienced something like that.

“Well, while we’re looking, you may as well tell us.” Sunset stated off in mentioning this that while they search, they can hear a story.

“Right, you can tell us the story while we’re searching for clues.” Flash nods off that either he & Sunset don’t know what the agency bunch have experienced.

“Um, can we maybe not?” Bon-Bon asked off in feeling a bit sheepish about now.

“Yeah, that memory isn’t our…” Lyra was about to say something here until…

“Well, it all happened like this…” Derpy stated off to say as a memory flashback begins to take place….

---------------

SOMEWHERE IN THE PAST

Days later…after the new Monster Hunting Agency was formed but before handling the Starlight Glimmer in Canterlot Case…

At this moment, Bon-Bon was sorting out files in a small office area in which, thanks to Celestia, is the first little Agency to be up on its feet. Right now, Time Turner and Derpy came in to check on the mare who was gonna be in charge of things.

"So far, everything is slowly a go." Derpy happily responded of their development.

"That's all well and good, but...it's as I thought. We still need a few more members to be better efficient, especially with a new task that I just received." Bon-Bon replied before sighing in what they are still lacking.

"Well then, should I go and find Lyra so that all of us can..." Time Turner was about to say, but was cut...

"NO! I can't involve her in this one new case that came in! It's still too soon for her to get into the field without enough training!” Bon-Bon protest off in not wanting Lyra to be involved with what she has for them to do.

"But she's a member too, right?" Derpy raised an eyebrow in hearing this.

"Listen up, cause here's the reason for our first mission. One of Celestia's spies has reported a Minotaur warlord in the badlands has gotten an amulet which can summon a Demon during the blood moon. And according to my research, the next one is in three days. I know it's just us three, but we have to do this job. You two handled problems similar to other villain matters that Lyra still lacks, correct?" Bon-Bon-Bon explained this off for the two here to pay attention.

"True....I've faced worst things." Time Turner held his chin to ponder this. "But are you certain you want only 3 of us than 4?" He asked this question with suspicion about the mare's action to leave out a member.

"Yes, I'm certain, which is why I sent her on a different solo mission. Hopefully, we'll be back before she figures out we left her out of the loop." Bon-Bon-Bon stated off to say this much in thought.

"Yeah, it all sounds pretty simple. So, what could possibly go wrong?" Derpy replied off to say this from thinking there was nothing to worry about.

44 hours later

And so time flies by when one is having fun, or in this case, when pony agents least expect something to go wrong before they set out as the scene suddenly shows Bon-Bon & Derpy are chained to a wall in a dungeon that was likely belonging to a Warlord of the Badlands they set off on their mission objective. Next to them is a skeleton of a griffon, which only served to creep them out to lower their spirits after being caught.

"Wow, things went wrong pretty fast from that surprise ambush, Hugh?" Derby replied off to mention this to her prison buddy.

"Not one word Derpy. Not one word." Bon-Bon mutters this off in feeling annoyed by their situation, their first serious mission & they get caught & thrown in a dungeon.

"I'm sure the Doctor can find a way to help us out." Derby smiled off with ease to not let this drag them down.

Speaking of a certain some pony, we suddenly heard Time Turner 's voice. He was seen walking & he was singing & with a wine bottle on his back.

Time Turner: My Little Pony, My Little pony, isn't the world a happy place.

When the mares behind their ceil dungeon saw the guy outside singing merrily, Bon-Bon growls in annoyance. Why, because the mares were caught & this guy was long gone, where was he & why is he here now in a strange rescue attempt to give one’s self away.

"Have you met the Minotaurs? By Star Swirl's beard, they know how to throw a party." Time Turner exclaimed off to say things in which gave off in what he was doing during his absence.

"Well look who decided to show up, Time Turner the Crafty!" Bon-Bon rolled her eyes in remarking the issue of who finally decided to show up now.

"Ooh Sweetie-Drop, you sound just like my Grandmother." Time Turner exclaimed to mention this matter without warning.

"Where the Tartarus have you been?!" Bon-Bon-Bon snapped off in seeing the stallion looked half drunk, where was he that he ended up like that?

"Well, besides getting the amulet." As Time Turner spoke off to say, he pulled the amulet they were here for out of his saddle bag, surprise the two imprisoned mares. "I think I might have just introduced S'mores to the Minotaurs. Do you know they'd never even seen a marshmallow before? Always bring marshmallows & Chocolate to a party. S'mores are good." However as Time Turner explained his whereabouts, he then sees the griffon skeleton by the mares. "Oh, brilliant, it's you! You're my favorite turkey. You are, you are the best, you know why? Cause you're so thick! You're Mr. Thick Thick Thickety Thick-face from Thick-town, Thickania." The guy was speaking mostly in a drunk state in sounding like he knew the bones of a griffon that was here.

Bon-Bon looks at Derpy who gives her a confused look & shrug as if to say "Don't ask." Then Time Turner comes into the dungeon's ceil, then unlocks the two mares with his latest newly made device he brought along; he calls it, the Sonic Screwdriver.

Later on….

Soon the group was making their way to escape, but again, time & luck was not on their side. For when the agents were about to escape through a back door out of the enemy base, they were ambushed by some Minotaurs that awaited them. Despite a desperate struggle, Bon-Bon, Derpy & the less drunk Time Turner have been captured again by the Minotaurs. They were soon brought out into an open courtyard to meet the Minotaurs’ very leader of their group in the Badlands, Minos the Ax Wielder. This guy laughs when he approached the three agents with an axe in his hands.

"If this is the best Celestia has to offer, then my victory over your kingdom will be simple as crushing an egg." Minos taunts off the defeated agents as if they were insignificant.

"Please, after having dealt with villains more terrifying than you, there will always be others to stand against those like you." Bon-Bon rolled her eyes to state this claim in knowing that this guy was not as terrifying as like say, the Three Lords of Equestria, now THOSE are scary villains to fear.

"Is that so, well then...we'll just have to see about that! Now let me show you why I'm called the Ax Wielder." Minos issued forth in accepting the challenge remark.

Minos is seen wielding up his ax, as he is about to cut off the three pony heads line up by his minions. The agents brace for the worse, but then a blast of magic hits Minos in the face that caused him to yelp slightly while missing the ponies’ heads by...a hair inch away from their manes.

"What the...?" Derby raised an eyebrow in puzzlement, what just happened.

The 3 ponies turn to see an angry looking Lyra off from the scene above a wall area. But it was not just her, she had with her a small army of the Royal Guards. Plus a few other strange looking ponies that to Bon-Bon's surprise, most of them were her old monster hunting crew.

"Hey buster, you better not axe off my best friend when I'm around!" Lyra snapped off to say this in sounding ticked off.

Ooh, sounds like somepony's in trouble!" Time Turner exclaimed off in seeing that their situation just turn around from bad to good.

After what was a good long 30 minutes of evil Minotaurs clashing against the Royal Guards & a few old monster hunting crew agents that were supposedly retired & relocated managed to subdue the enemy as Minos the Ax Wielder was defeated. And with the enemy defeat, the amulet reclaim from being used for evil, now Bon-Bon was left with one thing now....handling Lyra's sudden rescue surprise effort.

"I found the letter from Celestia that said you, Time Turner & Derpy were off to the Badlands on a serious mission! I can't believe you didn't include me!" Lyra issued off to say this in sounding a bit rather annoyed.

"You have to listen to me, about that...I..." Bon-Bon was about to say, but was cut off.

"NO YOU LISTEN. I can forgive you for not telling me about your past. I understand you had to keep it a secret. I could even understand you going on this mission after I had my own case to wrap up with. But why the World didn't you tell me?!" Lyra snapped off to say this in making her own claims here while sounding ticked off that her friend excluded her out on something this important.

"I wanted to protect you, you could not handle something this dangerous!" Bon-Bon exclaimed in giving out her reason.

"From what?! Knowing that despite being a part of the team, you didn't wanna include me to help out?" Lyra frowns a bit to say this, as if someone lack trust in her capabilities.

"This isn't a game! You saw how dangerous it was!" Bon-Bon exclaimed in knowing this was a dangerous mission that Lyra would have been hurt or worse if she was involved.

"Do you even know what I went through when you all were out? You could have let me help! I could've...." Lyra was about to make her protest, but was cut off...

"Get killed? That's why I didn't tell you, I couldn't live myself if something happen to you." Bon-Bon exclaimed to say this in fearing she would have lost her best friend.

“How do think I feel if something happen to you? Your my best friend, I wanna help out with things that you wanna do, even if they do involve things this dangerous." Lyra issued off to make her final claim here in standing her ground, cause she & Bon-Bon are best friends that should help one another no matter the challenge.

"But this life of being a monster hunter can be hard, you just started, &…are you certain you want to take on the really hard stuff ahead?" Bon-Bon was uncertain if Lyra was ready for the big leagues, new monster hunting rookies can't just jump to take in harder cases without proper training...can they?

"My grandma said the true definition of being best friends is standing by them, no matter how hard life hits them, as long as they stay true to who they are & never forget it." Lyra stated this off to smile in approaching her friend.

As the sun was seen rising up, Bon-Bon felt tears eye before she rushed over to hug Lyra Heartstrings as they were having a Best Friends moment. All of the guards & old monster hunters smiles at this. Even most battle harden warriors get teary eyed at this scene, a scene of it being lovers or a passion of close friends being there to support another.

"Aw, isn't that sweet, Hugh professor?" Derpy smiled off to say this.

"Indeed it is & I do believe that drunken feeling is out of me that I won't ruin this moment." Time Turner smiled off to say this.

Later after returning from the Badlands, Lyra filled in about what happened during her own mission, before finding a message about the others with their own mission. Then from aid from someone who called himself, Octacon from a magical computer screen that spoke to Lyra, told her about where her friends are to even the location of retired agents to gather them & aid in rescuing Bon-Bon. So now, there are a lot of things that surprised Bon-Bon, but not as surprising as finding a few old agents that have had some....rethinking about their new life then being a part of the old agency career....

"I can't believe many of you decided to come back to help us. I, well I mean, Celestia said most of you retired from this.” Bon-Bon stated off in being so lost by what she's seeing here and who she's chatting with.

"Well the truth is, I kinda got bored with life of a potato farmer." An Earth Pony warrior who was dressed like a potato farmer spoke off in stating his own thoughts of the manner.

"After meeting a victim of the Bugbear attack, I knew I had to return. Some pony's gotta protect the innocent than standing around, right?" A male unicorn dressed as some performance Mage outfit for audience attractions stated his own thought over the matter.

"Well Bon-Bon, we all have tried to find different callings. And after certain events, we felt we should try to help out this old gang." An old Pegasus stallion exclaimed off to say this, feeling what he felt he should say…

"Well the princess promised to rise our salary when this young mare gathered many of us." Another male Pegasus pointed out to explain at Lyra.

"She's not just any mare, she's my BEST Friend!" Bon-Bon smiled off as she & Lyra swung a hoof around the others shoulder to smile.

"Looks like things are gonna be really interesting from now on." Derpy spoke this off towards Time Turner.

"Indeed. It has been awhile since I've gone on an adventure. And I've have some inventions that I can finally put to good use than letting them collect dust." Time Turner issued off to mention this factor.

"While that's nice & all, you will need to know that it takes more than fancy gadgets for this line of work, right?" Bon-Bon-Bon asked off in knowing that this guy will have to use other things than gadgets at times.

"Oh don't worry, the Zebra tribes don't call me Time Turner the Crafty for nothing." Time Turner smiled off to mention this in stating such a factor of what he's done before in the past.

Many were heard laughing at this time, as many of a few former monster hunters were seen saying their farewells. But some that showed they were interested to help with the new agency, said to call them if they are needing some extra help. And as Bon-Bon, Lyra, Derpy and Time Turner smiled off to look at their agency spot, two members that were gonna manage the group: Octacon & Solid Snake, were gonna make sure that Bon-Bon helps to rebuild this spy spot. Of course they have a long way, so even those four youths still have some experience to learn...from those that are spy pros. And with that, everything goes dark as this spy case....is closed; for now….

-------------

BACK TO THE PRESENT…

The scene returns to inside the temple in where the Monster Hunting Agency was looking around at this time while sending readouts back for Octacon to decipher their meaning. Of course, they all had heard a story of what Bon-Bon & Lyra, & know everyone was mostly up to speed here.

“Hugh, that’s quite a tale.” Flash stated off in having heard this story.

“I didn’t even know you experienced something like that.” Sunset stated off that what they heard was quite a tale?

“It was the first argument we had since being agents.” Bon-Bon stated off in stating how things were.

“Right, we remember it, we just don’t wanna recall it too much.” Lyra nods off to point off the topic of the thing.

“Hey fellas, if you’re done with memory lane, Octacon is sending something over from deciphering these symbols.” Arsenal stated off in seeing that Time Turner’s device is responding; they are getting a call back.

“Thank you, I’ll take over from here.” Octacon spoke off to appear as a full screen display for the group. “The civilization that made the Spectre wanted to have it read one’s mind.” He issued off to say this about what he has learn of the object.

“Like a mind reader?” Derpy asked off in thinking that was what the Spectre thing was meant to be.

“Yes, everyone of this civilization wanted to know what others outside their own were thinking, but the artifact could only reach so far, so they made this temple to help expand the reach to know what everyone was thinking.” Octacon explained over the com-link about what the Spectre is meant to be used as & how it can go in a wider range effect. “However, something this extraordinary attracted the wrong attention & force the civilization into hiding while leaving behind what it made, but not before hiding the Spectre.” He issued off how something like this could attract the kind of attention that would do more harm than good.

“Then now we see the truth at last, this artifact is something good, but can be abuse when wielded by someone who is not pure.” Zecora exclaimed to say in rhyme about what the Spectre is cable of in two sides of good & evil.

“Then it’s clear what Wraith wants the Spectre for, we can either keep it away or destroy it.” Halse stated off in seeing they need to make a firm decision about what they should do with such an object.

“I’m not sure if it’s our call to destroy something that maybe used for great good, we can learn what our enemies are up to & stop them.” Bon-Bon stated off that they can’t make that decision on our own.

“That’s a great idea, then let’s use it right away & figure out how many villains are up to something.” Lyra stated to say this in what they can do that maybe helpful for Equestria.

“How?” Sunset asked off in being curious about this.

“The temple can only be activated when the Spectre is place in the central paladin plate where the light from above touches down to it, the other part is where light reflected from it bounces off the thing to the place gemstones to guide the lights into the artifact before having it become active.” Octacon explained how the temple’s structure serves to use the Spectre.

“So now we know how to make this thing work.” Flash stated off in seeing how they can use this thing.

“Yes, & let’s hope that Wraith won’t learn about this, but it seems highly doubtful.” Time Turner stated to say this with some concern in this voice.

“Why?” Derpy asked in what the guy was talking about.

“Because it may only be a matter of time, we need to keep the Spectre away as best we can.” Time Turner issued off that he believes Wraith will have learn what they can, but they must keep the Spectre away from them.

“Hmmm?” Arsenal raised an eyebrow in feeling like there was something…off behind them.

“What’s wrong?” Sunset asked in seeing the guy seem to be distracted.

“I thought there was something, perhaps I…” Arsenal stated off in feeling like something was off, like there was something bothering him.

But then a noise caught Arsenal’s attention as something was approaching fast; a heat-seeking missile was fired off towards the group.

“Lookout!” Arsenal yelled out to rush in to block something of a missile coming at the group, but… “KABOOMFRUVHM…/UUUUAGH!” The missile exploded on Arsenal as it sent the guy backwards with much force.

“Arsenal!” The others called out in seeing what happened to their friend.

“Breakfruvhmm….” Arsenal’s body smashed through the wall of the temple, as he fell to the outside.

Just then, strange canisters fell into the room before anyone could do anything, as the gas made them cough a lot. Then mask wearing ponies entered before restraining the group that were caught off guard. By the time the smoke of gas cleared out, we soon find that many of the Monster Hunting Agency members were restrain & those with wings & horns were kept under check.

“Allow me to thank you for what you’ve done.” Burns’s voice is heard as he’s seen entering the picture now. “Your intelligence network works fast, I knew you save us much effort.” He issued off in having those here do much work for him.

“You followed us!” Halse exclaimed in seeing that thus group followed after them.

“Restrain the Armor Horus & blind its eyes.” Burns issued the order as which the other agents of Wraith were doing right away.

“Hey! Leave him alone!” Bon-Bon snapped off to have the fiends leave their friend alone.

“Yeah! He’s our friend!” Lyra issued off that Halse was their friend, they can’t do that stuff to him.

“Your concerns are little to me, now…you will tell me, where your other member is?” Burns remarks doff in not caring before stating another fact.

“What other member?” Derpy asked off in being confused for a second.

“The other spy that also evaded us, we know that Arsenal is wounded, so we shall look for him. But first, tell us where your ally is…” Burns issued off in demanding what he wants from this bunch.

“Like we rat out a friend’s location.” Flash snapped of that there was no way they do something that low.

“We are not someone that sell out a friend, to some creature like you who apparently lacks them.” Zecora spoke off in rhyme while sounding kind of mad, which is scary in itself it seems.

“Then perhaps you need to be taunt your place, take them to the Torture room.” Burns stated off in what they will do to the others, introduce them to a little…torture section.

“Torture room? I don’t like the sounds of that!” Sunset yelps in having bad memories from when the Dark Mystics tried to get information out of her because she came from the Human World of EQG Universe.

“Quite so, they appear to not believe us, so they will get the answer out by force, a rather barbaric move.” Time Turner stated to say this in seeing the tactic that these ponies are going for.

“Take them away.” Burns issued off as he looks back to see someone give him the artifact of Spectre. “Now, let us begin, Operation: Knowledge Seeker.” He smiled off in seeing the time has come to prepare their next feat.

The rest of the Agents of Wraith were soon taking the others with them to where they were gonna get information from them. The scene focuses on what is going to be happening with those in the area…

-----------------

Meanwhile, outside by a river, we see that something was happening that at an unexpected moment, the water was seen splashing as an object comes out. That was none other than a metallic hoof that fired a graphed onto a nearby tree, & out of it pulled the body of Arnseal as he fell on the ground from getting out of the running river.

“Guaaaugh! Cough-cough!” Arsenal gasped from having his first breath while coughing a bit.

“Arsenal, respond! What happened?” Then on his com-link, Octacon was heard trying to reach the guy at this time.

“Bad news, Wraith just got the drop on us.” Arsenal issued off to report the situation of what happened.

“That’s terrible. Where are you right now?” Octacon asked off in where Arsenal was at this very moment.

“Outside the temple tome. Can you still get a fix on the others?” Arsenal stated off in where he is while asking another question here.

“Yes, it looks like they haven’t located the tracking device in Time Turner’s equipment.” Octacon replied off in stating this of being able to track the others.

“Good, then use that to track them.” Arsenal nods off in seeing they have a shot of not losing anyone here.

“One more thing, I managed to get in contact with a few others close to the area. Including a use for the K.D.” Octacon issued off in mentioning this to Arsenal of sending in others in the area with one of them under a strange code-name.

“Hugh, you really wanna pull out something like that on these guys? Well, can’t much say the results wouldn’t make things easier, but best go through with it,” Arsenal made a sly smile in thinking that will make things more easier, which will make stopping what’s gonna happen a lot easier.

“They’ll be there shortly.” Octacon issued off that the ones on the way will arrive shortly soon.

“Good, tell Snake to find the other captives to, cause something tells me when the K.D. is unleashed, these guys won’t know what hit them.” Arsenal issued off to remind the guy about what will happen once they sick out the K.D., best to know where the Agents of Wraith have their captive friends to make breaking out easier.

“You best move quickly while backup is on the way. I’ll contact Snake to make sure everything is set. Over & out!” Octacon issue doff to say this before he had to hang up on his side.

With that, Arsenal begins to get moving to quickly get back to the temple tome. As the scene grows dark, many are wondering what is gonna happen next. For that, we do not know, but the answer will surely arrive….

Author's Note:

The flashback displays Lyra Heartstrings' solo mission act took place during the Starlight Glimmer, which the case was taking place after the Monster Hunting Agency got assembled & after events from Friendship Is Magic: Canterlot Style story.

The scene shown in the flashback is kinda based on a scene from The Doctor Who Episode, "Girl in the Fireplace”. And the song Time Turner was singing was from the original G1 My Little Pony Cartoon.

Another chapter made nice & quite well. Next chapter, the agency members gotta try to figure out a way to escape as the Agents of Wraith are about to get started on their...torture section, OR...ARE THEY? When from out of the bloom, a special surprise breaks in, & the next thing to happen will be stopping Wraith's plan in trying to read the minds of all ponies to learn of secrets. Will the spies Celestia has faith in stop this new crime organization, they best hurry cause time is ticking & it will almost be up. Stay tune to see what will happen...