• Published 8th Feb 2016
  • 792 Views, 3 Comments

The Princess Escapes - adorablesmiles



Twilight Sparkle comes to the human world to get some peace and quiet from the hectic life of being a Princess. But when she goes missing, can the others find her, or is she lost forever?

  • ...
4
 3
 792

Chapter 18

Daylight slowly started to peak through the dome. The dome above the bed of books that Twilight was sleeping on. I had agreed to sleep on the floor, however, because I thought it would have been weird if we slept together.
But I didn't mind. The floor was probably better for my posture anyway.
I glanced over at Twilight, as an attempt to see if she was awake yet. And what I saw on the book bed surprised me.
Twilight was sleeping like a horse would. Apparently, her subconscious hadn't forgotten about being a pony. It was kinda cute, seeing a human sleeping like that.
Anyway, I got up off the floor slowly and quietly after seeing Twilight still asleep, because that would have been uncalled for. It would have been something stupid that the old me would have done. And the me I used to be vanished from existence at the Fall Formal. She was gone for good.
But the she-demon still haunted me.
Sunset, relax. You don't need to have an unnecessary burst of anger right now. Especially since it would be around the very pony-human-princess that reformed you. Sure she doesn't remember, but she wouldn't forget when she does get her memories back.
Then I got dressed as quietly as I could physically manage. Even though I decided to do it behind a bookcase in case she did wake up.
But it seemed like it was easy for me to get dressed this time around. And that was weird because I usually have to put up a struggle.
Twilight was still asleep after I got fully clothed again, so I had some time to myself, even if it was brief.
But what I didn't realize is how loud the door to the library is. And it wasn't open right now because Principal Celestia assumed that there was no one here.
Although I understand it. The fact that I live in the library is a well kept secret.
Then, I tiptoed over to the door. I wasn't very confident in myself, but I still pushed myself to exit the library.
Crrr- The door tried to squeak.
"I can't be so careless." I whispered.
Because of that, I opened the door slowly, but at the same time, just enough for me to get out on my hands and knees.
And doing so brought back memories. Memories of when walking that way was normal for me.
That was probably why I stayed like that even when when I didn't have to.
You must look ridiculous doing this as a human. I thought, as I got back up on my feet, even though it felt natural.


Wow. That was actually really peaceful. I didn't know what I was supposed to expect when Sunset said night was a time to sleep, but I do now!
I admit that I was surprised that sleeping on hard books wasn't more uncomfortable, but the sleep I did get was peaceful all the same.
And then I put my feet down on the floor, as I stretched out my body.
"Sunset's not here." I said, thinking nothing of it at first.
"SUNSET'S NOT HERE!" I shouted.
Can a magical human just disappear into thin air? That doesn't sound quite right. That was the only thing I could think that might've happened.
But at the same time, it didn't seem possible.
It's okay. There should be a map of the school somewhere around... the school.


After I managed to sneak out of the library unnoticed, I realized there wasn't much for me to do. I mean, it was too dark for me to see any of the pages. And the same would be true for my magic book if I had it.
But I didn't.
And the fact that someone would be so idiotic as to steal something as prescious as that book was to me, I could feel the anger burning inside me. That's how bad it was.
But that anger wasn't anywhere near as strong as it had been just last night. I suppose the sleep I had helped it die down a little.
I knew though, that after Twilight got her memories back and she returned to Equestria, that I was going to find that little fool that got my book and give him a piece of my mind. And maybe even something worse than that. It all depended on who it was and how I feel towards said person.
No... that's not the answer. If I've learned one thing, it's that no matter how good revenge might feel, it only hurts people.
So now I was sitting in the band room, messing with my guitar. It was all I could think of, because my friends weren't awake. And odds were, neither was Twilight.
I was probably lucky that the door wasn't locked.
And more so that a student forgot to lock the door when they left, and that they blantantly ignored the sign that says not to leave the door unlocked.
I can't be too picky. I'm technically one of them. I thought, as I played my guitar just a little bit so I could test it after the thousandth time of attempting to tune it.
I knew what I was doing wrong, though. I had never tried to retune it this early before. Not even on a weekend.
Then I decided to give up for now. I could always undo how I messed it up when I was with it a little more. But right now, all I could think of was the bed I had on the floor.
"...Sunset?!" I heard someone shout from further down the hall after I opened the door. "Sunset where are you?!"
I wasn't sure who wanted me.
"Who's there?" I asked.
"I thought I was the one with amnesia. Not you." The voice said.
"Twilight? What the heck are you doing out of the library?" I asked.
"Well I woke up. And you weren't there. I thought... I thought you had abandoned me."
"Abandon you?" I asked. "Why on Earth would I do that?"
I'm actually surprised I didn't slip up. I could have just as easily said Equestria.
"Well, I was searching for you ever since I woke up." Twilight said.
"You were?" I asked.
"Yeah. Let's just say I got a little worried." Twilight said.
"I feel like I'm a jerk for worrying you." I said. Oh joy. My mind can process guilt again.
"Why?" Twilight asked.
"Because I always do the wrong thing. If I had just stayed in the library..." I trailed off.
My eyes weren't open at this point, so I couldn't see when Twilight came up to me.
"Sunset, you remember when you were telling me about yourself?" Twilight asked, catching me off guard.
I looked at her. "Yeah."
"Is there something you left out by any chance?" Twilight asked.
I had to think back. "I think there might have been something I didn't get to."
And then Twilight walked over to a group of lockers, and sat down against them. "I'll listen."
I didn't hesitate after hearing her say that. I walked over to where she was sitting, only to get down next to her.
"So... you already know about where you became a princess, and that at the time you did, I was in this world, plotting revenge against Celestia, right?" I asked.
Twilight nodded.
"Well, you see. After you became a princess, I knew I could use your newfound status to my advantage, even though you were just the middle man- er... pony, in all this." I said. "And you know how I did that, I'm sure."
Twilight nodded. I knew she was intent with listening. "What happened after I came here?"
"Long story short, I played dirty, and you played clean." I said.
"How did you get to where you are now?" Twilight asked.
"Well I couldn't have done that by myself. I was heartless back then." I said. "I went too far when I had my minions capture your dragon assistant, which when he crossed over to this world, he became a dog, but either way, my minions had him."
"What are minions?" Twilight asked.
"They did whatever I asked them to. They did it even if it hurt others. It didn't matter to me, as long as everyone else knew that I was meant to be on top." I said.
"Did I ever get my dragon back?" Twilight asked.
"You did. He's probably safe and sound inside your castle as we speak." I said. "But that's besides the point."
"A little bit." Twilight said.
"Going back on what you said. The only reason why I'm in a good position with the students here is because of you." I said.
"Me?" Twilight asked. "What did I do for you?"
"You defeated me. You did something that no one else had the guts to do." I said. "And by doing so, I saw how powerful the friendship you made with total look-alike strangers was."
"Wow." Twilight said.
"I know, I'm still surprised that you did more in three days than I did in my time here." I said.
"I must've been something really special." Twilight said.
I nodded. "You were. And we did get to be close friends before you got amnesia."
"Can you tell me those stories?" Twilight asked.
I nodded. But before I could speak, another voice could be heard from down the hall.
"...I'm trying to unlock the door! I can't find my- oh there they are." The voice said.
There was some pounding on the door too.
"Calm down, sister! I'm doing the best I can!"
"That must be Vice Principal Luna." I said, as I ran down the hallway to help.
"Vice Principal what now?" Twilight shouted.

Author's Note:

I've been trying to make these chapters longer, and hopefully doing so will make them better, I hope.