• Published 8th Feb 2016
  • 792 Views, 3 Comments

The Princess Escapes - adorablesmiles



Twilight Sparkle comes to the human world to get some peace and quiet from the hectic life of being a Princess. But when she goes missing, can the others find her, or is she lost forever?

  • ...
4
 3
 792

Chapter 1

It was supposed to be another normal day. Or, as far as normal gets in this world anyway.

But then again, there's not a day that passes without something magical happening.

But it had been several months since the fiasco that was the Musical Showcase. And I hardly ever thought about it anymore. I had already forgotten about it, and I threw out my old clothes. It's safe to say that I was determined to start over with a clean slate.

And I'm getting thrown off here.

The day started off just like this....

--------

Dear Princess Twilight,

Another letter.

I don't know if that sounded bad. Don't get me wrong, I like talking to you this way. I guess I wish I could actually talk to you in real life. But I know you're happy back in Equestria, after all. That's your home. And I can understand that you're happier there than you could ever be here.

Anywho, not much has happened here since the Battle of the Bands. But it's probably a good thing. I'm sure everyone has been trying to wrap their heads around what happened that night. Honestly though, I would do anything to forget about that whole thing. I know you probably didn't notice, but I was just mis-

I would have gone further, but I got interrupted.

"SUNSET SHIMMER!!!!!!!" I heard a high pitched voice call out. It was so loud that it made me drop my book and the pen with it.

"Yes, Pinkie Pie?" I asked.

"I was looking all over the school for you! I went to the field, and the cafeteria, and the band room, and every other room, and I couldn't find you. But I didn't think to look for you by the statue!"

"That makes no sense. I mean, I spend most of my time here. Doing so does help me feel closer to home after all."

"I know that, silly!" She started. "But Rarity sent me off to look for you, she said that she needs you in her secret hiding place ASAP. I didn't know what that means, but she told me that it means as soon as possible!"

I lifted myself up with both legs, and then picked up the items that I had dropped. I can finish this later. If Rarity needs me, I wouldn't want to keep her waiting.

------------

I was very busy sewing this dress on the mannequin in front of me, when I heard a knock on the the door. It definitely took forever to find Sunset. I won't complain though.

And I was sure that it was Sunset, because this is the secret work room that I had set up, and I go here during my free periods. Also, the only people who know that this room exists is me, and both the principals, and my five other friends.

And the only thing that keeps others out is the fact that there's a sign on the door that says this room belongs to the janitor. Principal Celestia already said that was OK, as long as none of us got into any trouble.

And all of us were very careful, mainly because she said if we were to get in trouble, then she really would give the room to the janitor, even though he already has an office. And my friends were sure that I didn't want that. I keep all of my backup materials in this room, but it isn't cluttered. I did make sure that there was a cozy couch (or two) for my friends to sent on whenever they spent time here as well.

I finally got to the door, although I didn't have to.

"Oh, Sunset. I was expecting you to drop by." I said, as I got out of her way.

"I know, Pinkie already told me all about it."

"What are you waiting for, darling? I insist, come in."

I wasn't quite sure why she was hesitant about coming inside, but eventually she did walk in, and then she plopped down on the couch when I shut the door.

"I forgot how comfy this couch was. I haven't been here in a while." She said.

"Ah... that's right. The last time you were here was when I gave you your new outfit, correct?" I asked.

All she did was nod.

"Thought so." I said. It had been a while ago, but I remembered it perfectly.

-----------

"Rarity? Are you in there?" I heard that same voice, the person that belonged to it I had been scared of several months back, and I now called her my friend. If that's not proof that people can change, I don't know what is.

"Yes, this is the right room. Didn't Applejack guide you here?" I asked.

"No, she was busy. She just gave me the room number." She said.

I sighed. "I'm going to have to have a talk with her the next time I see her. But still, come in."

And she did so. She had come here to try on the clothes that I had been working on for about a month now. It only took that long because I wanted to make sure they were absolutely perfect. I am an artist after all. And the clothes I make have to be pretty or else no one would even want them. And to ensure that everything I make is absolutely amazing, that just takes time.

"Is it done yet?" She asked.

"I just have a few loose ends to sew together, and then yes."

And there was silence while I finished up my work. Sunset, along with the rest of my friends, knew very well not to interrupt me when I'm working. That only causes me to mess up. And when I mess up with an outfit, then I have to start all over again.

"And... I'm finished!" I said.

"That didn't take near as long as I thought it would."

"Well, what can I say? I work faster when I can think about things. But that doesn't effect the quality of course." I said. "Are you ready yet?"

She nodded. "I'm as ready as I'll ever be. Do you have a bathroom or something that I could change in?"

I thought for a minute as I took the dress off the mannequin. "No... but I do have a screen. I know it's not the same as in my boutique, but it's all I have since we're at the school."

So I pulled her and the dress behind the screen, and then went back on the other side to give her some privacy. I was good at waiting though, so this wasn't a problem for me.

"Are you okay behind there?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm just having a hard time getting the top over my head, that's all. It's really hard."

I suddenly felt the need to help her with this, mainly because I knew that she could handle it on her own. "Darling, you're doing it wrong. You were supposed to put it on starting at the other end."

I heard her sigh. "Why didn't I see that?"

"It's fine. I'll help you get it on properly, if you want me to that is."

She sighed again. "Yes please. I would appreciate the help."

So I went behind the screen with Sunset, and tried to help her get it off her head. But she had really got herself stuck.

"You do realize that you could have asked me for help with getting this on, don't you?" I said.

Sunset kept struggling. "Yes, I do. But I really thought I could have done it by myself."

"It's fine, Darling. Just hold still and this will be so much easier."

Now, if it wasn't for years and years of spending time with clothes and all the knowledge that I picked up in that time, I would have been clueless. But I did get experience, and now I make clothes for all my friends.

Eventually I managed to help Sunset get her clothes on properly. It was a relief that she didn't tear it.

There we go. How do you like it?" I asked.

She quickly walked over to the mirror. I wasn't surprised when I saw the look on her face. "I- I love it Rarity!"

"You do?"

"Yes! It's so me! It's more me than my old clothes ever were! Thanks so much Rarity! I'll never forget this act of kindness!" She said, as she gave me a hug. I loved the fact that something I did made one of my friends so happy.

-----------

"Rarity, why are you staring off into space?" I asked.

She hadn't been talking for a while actually. She was just standing there, and it looked like she was staring at the wall. But I knew what she was really doing. She always gets this way when she's designing clothes.

I would have tried to get her attention more, but that was when I heard someone knocking on the door.

"I'll continue trying to get your attention later." I said, to the now stuck in her mind Rarity.

------------------

"Ouch! My head!" I said. The portal kept getting worse and worse every single time I went through it. And this time was as bad, maybe worse, then all the others.

But that didn't matter. I just needed to escape from my Princess duties. It was hard work, and I hadn't been able to solve a problem in weeks. And I really did think this was the only answer to get rid of all this stress.

But then again, I had second thoughts about staying here because I knew it would look pretty bad if the ponies found out the the Princess of Friendship just left and the only thing that she left behind was a measly note.

It's fine Twilight. Your friends here will help you through this.

I just hope they understand.