• Published 8th Feb 2016
  • 792 Views, 3 Comments

The Princess Escapes - adorablesmiles



Twilight Sparkle comes to the human world to get some peace and quiet from the hectic life of being a Princess. But when she goes missing, can the others find her, or is she lost forever?

  • ...
4
 3
 792

Chapter 15

"I can't believe that just happened." I said, as I stormed out of the classroom.
"Sunset... slow down! I can't keep up with you!" Fluttershy said, but I really wasn't paying attention to that right now.
"Honestly! Is it coincidence for a teacher to pick on the same girl that turned into a raging she-demon not too long ago? I don't think so!" I said.
"Um... what do you mean?" Fluttershy asked.
"Who does she think she is, anyway?" I asked, still focused on ranting. "I bet she was thinking: "Ooh, I'll just give Sunset Shimmer the hardest work I can get by with giving out, just to be MEAN! Why? Because I like picking on my students!"
"Sunset?" Fluttershy asked.
"Especially Sunset Shimmer! I don't care if I'm giving her harder work then EVERYBODY ELSE!"
"Sunset... you're raging."
I exhaled almost immediately. "I didn't realize."
"Are you alright? I haven't heard you yell like that since.... since what should have been the Musical Showcase." Fluttershy said.
I sighed. "I'm sorry. I just had to get that off my chest."
"It's fine, Sunset." Fluttershy assured.
"Is it?" I asked.
"Yes, everyone has to let a little emotion free sometimes." Fluttershy said.
"Well it's not "a little emotion" with me. It's a whole lot of emotion. And it comes on all at once." I said.
"I know." Fluttershy said.
"Do you have any idea why my emotions have to be so much stronger than anyone else's?" I asked.
"All I can say is... that's just who you are." Fluttershy responded.
"Thanks." I said.
And then the bell rang. Of course.
"Um... do you want to go to the library? We could talk more there." I said, as I started to take my boots off.
"What are you doing?" Fluttershy asked.
"I gotta take these bad boys off." I said. "It hurts to run in them."
"Are we having a race to the library?" Fluttershy asked.
"No... but I want to get there before we get in trouble. Again." I said.
"Okay. But I have to warn you, I don't run very fast." Fluttershy said.
Then, having finally gotten by boots off, I stood back up on my feet. "Tell you what: I'll run ahead and get my stuff safely inside the library. Then I'll come back to get you, so I won't have to worry about the hassle of carrying books and shoes, and stuff like that. Alright?" I asked.
Fluttershy nodded.
I didn't even think to notice the wordless response, I just took off.
--------------------
"Cold floor, cold floor!" I shouted.
I admit that I regretted taking off my boots now. But then again, if I had to choose between running on a cold floor and getting sore feet, I would pick the cold floor.
"Sunset?" I heard a quiet voice ask.
"Fluttershy?" I asked.
"Where did you go?" Fluttershy asked.
"Hang on, I'll come to you. Just talk or sing or something. Whatever you do, don't stop till I get there!" I said.
"Alright, I know a song." Fluttershy said.
And then I heard a faint clearing of a delicate throat.
"Hush now, quiet now,
It's time to lay your sleepy head,
Hush now, quiet now-"
"It's time to go to BEEEEEEEEEEE-OOF!" I heard someone try to sing. I assumed it was Sweetie Belle.
"Did that help?" Fluttershy asked.
"Not really." I said. "Now I think I'm even more lost."
"Let me try again." Fluttershy said.
"Okay." I said. By some miracle, I was completely calm, even though I was lost.
"There's music in the treetops."
I admit that her singing voice was louder than her speaking voice. That's probably why I could hear her so well.
"And there's music in the vale."
Suddenly, my clouded mind started to clear up. I could realize where I was.
"And all around the music fills the sky!"
"Keep going." I whispered to myself.
"There's music by the river,"
"I can make it." I whispered.
"And there's music in the grass!
And the music makes your heart soar in reply!"
And then she finally came into sight.
"Sunset!" Fluttershy said, as she ran up to me. "Oh, I was so worried!"
"I know." I said, as she hugged me. "I'm sorry I got lost on you."
"It's alright, but will you promise me that you won't run off like that again?" Fluttershy asked.
"I promise." I said. "That wasn't one of my best ideas."
"It's... fine. It's all fine." Fluttershy assured. "Now can we go to the library? Together this time?"
"Sure." I said.
------------------------
"How can you be a backup singer for the band when you have such a beautiful voice?" I asked.
"Well I am really shy." Fluttershy said. "I think I could do lead if I wasn't, but because I am shy, I can't imagine getting on a stage by myself."
"Do you want to be able to sing more?" I asked.
Fluttershy shrugged. "I do like singing, and it's like a way to express myself."
"Yeah?" I asked.
"But the way I see it, my name is Fluttershy, and if you take the bottom half out, I would just be Flutter."
Fluttershy said.
"I can see what your getting at." I said. "Your shyness is what makes you Fluttershy. It would be wrong to take that away." I said.
"The same is true for you." Fluttershy said.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"Well... it's like you were saying earlier. You're emotions, as firey as they may be, are a part of you." Fluttershy said.
"I'm not sure." I said, as I looked down at my hands.
And then a pair of light yellow ones took hold of one of them.
And that sparked my curiosity. "What are you doing?"
"I want you to see something." Fluttershy said.
Fluttershy gently placed a hand, my hand, on my chest. Right about where my heart should be.
"Can you feel your heart?" Fluttershy asked.
I shrugged. "A little bit."
"Well, if it wasn't for that, you would probably still be heartless, like you were before Twilight showed you friendship." Fluttershy said. "What would you want? To have too much emotion, or none at all?"

Author's Note:

Well this took a long time to write.
I want to add a few things first.
I misspelled firey.
I don't know "Music in the Treetops" very well, so I probably messed up there.
And anything else I forgot.