• Published 8th Feb 2016
  • 792 Views, 3 Comments

The Princess Escapes - adorablesmiles



Twilight Sparkle comes to the human world to get some peace and quiet from the hectic life of being a Princess. But when she goes missing, can the others find her, or is she lost forever?

  • ...
4
 3
 792

Chapter 16

It was a really long time until school ended.
Although it was nice that the teachers allowed me to stay with Applejack. Although I wasn't sure if that had something to do with the fact that I had amnesia, but I still appreciated it.
"That wasn't easy." Rarity said. "I had to focus on school when I wanted to focus more on fashion!"
Applejack scoffed. "Says Miss "School ain't fun." Ya remember when ya said that?"
"Yes." Rarity deadpanned.
"Awe, lighten up." Applejack said. "Ya just can't be so uptight all the time."
"I am not uptight. I am a serious fashion designer. My work is no joke." Rarity insisted.
"Of course it ain't." Applejack said.
"I'm being serious here, I can't overdo it, I'm improving all the- Wait... what?" Rarity asked.
"I said the work you do for us and everyone else for that matter, it's somethin' real special." Applejack said.
It looked like Rarity's eyes were bugging out of her head. "I... I never thought I'd hear you say that."
"Why?" Applejack asked. "Is it because I haven't before?"
"Well, yes." Rarity said.
"Listen, Rarity." Applejack said. "Just 'cause I'm not fancy like the people you call neighbors, it doesn't mean that I can't respect the finer things."
"You're getting rather... sentimental, aren't you?"
"Eh. It is a little cheesy." Rainbow said.
Then there was silence.
"Well," Rarity said. "Fluttershy, did something happen while we were in class?"
"Yeah." Fluttershy said. "Long story short, Sunset got lost and I had to sing songs so she could find me."
"I can vouch for that." Sunset said. "And I think Sweetie Belle might've gotten in on it at one point."
"How so?" Rarity asked.
At that, Fluttershy started to sing. A lullaby, to be precise. She sang the first few lines with ease, but when she started on the... fourth one, I think it was, a young girl with pink and purple hair and white skin came running down the hall, shouting about bed.
"What was that for?" I asked.
Rarity walked up to me. "That was my sister, Twilight."
"Ohhh..." I said. "Wait... I don't know what a sister is."
"She's related to me." Rarity said.
"What's related?" I asked.
"Oh great! You got her started, Rarity!" Rainbow said.
"What are you talking about? I was just telling Twilight about my family." Rarity said.
"What's family?" I asked.
And then, out of nowhere, Rainbow Dash started laughing, but she ended up on the floor.
"Rainbow Dash. In what way is it funny that Twilight ain't able to understand basic stuff?" Applejack asked.
"I... I can't!" Was all Rainbow could say.
"Talk about insensitive." Applejack said.
"What's insensitive?" I asked.
"Twilight... I promise that you'll learn what all those words mean, and maybe even more words, but for right now, can ya just stop givin' Dash laughin' fuel?" Applejack asked.
"What's laughing fuel?" I asked. The only reason why I did that was because my brain wanted to learn, and when I heard something I didn't know about, I just had to ask what it was. But I don't see what's funny about that.
"Twilight... please?" Applejack asked.
"I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking." I said.
And so we stayed silent until Rainbow stopped laughing, and then got back up on her feet.
"Have ya got that inappropriate laughter outta your system?" Applejack asked.
"I'll be fine as long as Twilight doesn't ask what a word means." Rainbow said.
"Um... girls?" Fluttershy asked.
"Yes, darling?" Rarity asked.
"I think there might be something someone needs to talk about." Fluttershy said.
"What do you mean?" Applejack asked.
"Well, the person that I spent my free period with would know what I mean." Fluttershy said.
Then all eyes shifted to Sunset.
--------------------
"Why are you all staring at me?" I asked.
"You know why, darling." Rarity said.
"You know I asked you if you'd rather be heartless or filled with emotion?" Fluttershy asked.
"Ya asked her that?" Applejack asked.
"Yes, I was feeling bold enough to do that." Fluttershy responded.
"Sunset," Rarity started. "How did this come about?"
I sighed. "I'm not even sure how. It was all a blur to me. All I know is that I got lost, and then I wasn't lost, and then Fluttershy put my hand on my chest so I could feel my heart beating..."
And then, just like that, all eyes weren't on me anymore. My friends were too surprised by what Fluttershy did.
"I told you I was feeling bold." Fluttershy said.
"That doesn't sound like something you'd do at all, darling." Rarity said.
"I know." Fluttershy said.
But of course, everyone turned their attention back on me. I hated getting all this attention, even though it wasn't bad. I still felt small and insignificant.
"Sunset, is there anything that's bothering you?" Rarity asked.
"Me?" I asked. "No..."
I just lied straight through my teeth. That's something I haven't done in so long.
"Are you sure?" Rarity asked.
"No, I'm not sure." I said.
"I think we need to have a nice long chat." Applejack said.
I don't want to refuse this, but I don't want them to be sad over someone as unimportant and undeserving as I am.
"Twilight, why don't you take my map of CHS, and go look around the school a little bit?" Fluttershy asked.
"Alright." Twilight said. "Wait... Am I going to get lost?"
"No, darling." Rarity said. "The very purpose of this piece of paper is so you don't get lost."
"What is it?" Twilight asked.
"It's called a map." Rarity said. "See? You're learning already."
"Thanks." Twilight said.
And then she turned around and started to walk away from us.
"Sunset?" Rarity asked.
I couldn't bring myself to respond, so I just crossed my arms.
"Alright, if you're going to stay quiet, then we're going to the library to talk there. That should give you plenty of time to think things over." Rarity said.