• Published 6th Dec 2015
  • 364 Views, 0 Comments

New Year's Around the World - JusSonic



Doctor Hooves takes Derpy and Dinky on a New Year's trip.

  • ...
 0
 364

Chapter 1

New Year's Around the World

It was close to New Year's in the land of Equestria. The ponies all over the place are getting ready for what could be the biggest night in their lives. In one house belonging to Dr. Hooves, a certain pony scientist is at work.

"Eureka!" Dr. Hooves laughs as he got his latest invention: the Fireworks Ball ready. The doctor plans on showing this off tonight so once the ball hits in Manehattan, this will go off and send fireworks. "Oh yes, Dr. Hooves, old boy. You are a genius indeed!"

Dr. Hooves chuckles as he moves the invention over to an earlier one which is called TARDIS, an invention from his...

"Hey, doc!" Derpy laughs as she flew into the house with her daughter Dinky Doo, startling the Doctor.

"Oh! Derpy, hello!" Doctor Hooves exclaims, blushing a bit. He doesn't know why but the stallion seems to always like Derpy AKA Muffins. "You startled me."

"Oh, I startle you? Sorry. Anyway, you're going to show off the fireworks tonight?"

"Indeed I am! This will be the best invention ever that Ponvylle has ever..."

"Excuse me, what's this, doctor?" Dinky ask as she glances at TARDIS curiously. "Some sort of phone booth?"

"Now, Dinky. Doctor Hooves is a regular events after all." Derpy said to her daughter happily. "Remember? He made the fireworks for Cranky and Matilda's wedding."

"I know, I know. I am curious as to what this is."

"Oh, an invention I "invented" for...travelling around." Doctor Hooves said with a sheepish uneasy smile. He doesn't want to tell these two to know what this invention really does, the real reason behind it or who he really is...until the time comes.

"Oh, travel around, really?" Derpy ask Doctor Hooves with a happy smile. "So, can you travel all over Equestria?"

"Yes...yes I can. In fact...if you want, I can show you how other ponies all over celebrate the New Year. We got plenty of time before the big ball drops. So how about it?"

"Can we go, mommy, please?" Dinky ask Derpy anxiously as she nuzzles the goofy Pegasus. "This will be so much fun...and you can hang with the Doctor!"

"Well, I guess I don't see why not." Derpy said happily, her eyes move around a bit. The mare turns her attention back to the Doctor, speaking, "So when do we go?"

"Right now. We will be so fast, it will be like we're there already." Doctor Hooves said with a smirk as he motions to TARDIS. The stallion will simply just make it so that it will be so fast, the two females won't see the time travelling happening!

Derpy and Dinky cheers happily as they get into TARDIS, joined by the Doctor. The stallion works on putting in the time and location to show off the invention...of course, he notes some stuff appearing on a monitor nearby.

"Odd. Something's wrong with the space time continuity...well, I will check on it later when I can." The Doctor mumbles as he throws a switch to get TARDIS moving. "Hang on, ladies!"

TARDIS begins to move around like mad as everyone inside the machine held on. Soon it disappeared from sight, travelling to the future of tonight...

-----------------

For off, the TADIS arrives in the Land of Ma at night time. The Mystic Ponies are already at work on celebrating for the New Year's tonight. No one seems to notice 3 familiar ponies arriving with Doctor Hooves hiding the machine. Can't risk anyone stealing that and messing with the timeline than what’s going on right now.

"The Land Ma does this every year for a long time." Doctor Hooves explains with a smile to Derpy as the trio walks through the street. "Like Dragon Dances."

The trio watches as street performers does some Dragon Dances, moving around and performing for the crowd. For a big finale, they shoot out flames into the air like Dragons, making images in the air.

"Wow!" Derpy and Dinky exclaims amazed and impressed. They haven't seen anything like this before!

"Yeah, glad you like it." Doctor Hooves said with a warm smile to the kids, especially Derpy. The stallion leads the two to where fireworks are about to be fired off. "Now, every year, they do this firework celebration like the Japanese did on Earth."

Everypony in the area watches as the Mystic Ponies made some chants to everypony, asking for a good year for the Mystic Realm as well as resuming their quest to be rid of their enemies. Soon, fireworks are fired off like mad, causing everyone to cheer wildly. This has been an amazing display!

Dr. Hooves smiles as he holds Derpy's hoof...but upon seeing her noticing, the Doctor lets go, giving out a nervous chuckle. Hope the mare doesn't know what he's going for here! It will be more embarrassing enough as it is!

---------------

Next on the list is Manehattan itself. The TARDIS lands in a field, disguised as a phone booth as the trio got out, heading to the town's center. They arrived just in time to hear Pinkie giving out her song to everyone.

"Wow! I didn't know Princess Twilight, Rarity and Pinkie were going to be here!" Derpy exclaims as she and the others cheers on for Pinkie who is singing.

Pinkie: My name is Pinkie Pie (Hello!)
And I am here to say (How ya doin'?)
I'm gonna make you smile and I will brighten up your day
It doesn't matter now (What's up?)
If you are sad or blue (Howdy!)
'Cause cheering up my friends is just what Pinkie's here to do

'Cause I love to make you smile, smile, smile
Yes I do
It fills my heart with sunshine all the while
Yes it does
'Cause all I really need's a smile, smile, smile
From these happy friends of mine

I like to see you grin (Awesome!)
I love to see you beam (Rock on!)
The corners of your mouth turned up is always Pinkie's dream (Hoof bump!)
But if you're kind of worried
And your face has made a frown
I'll work real hard and do my best to turn that sad frown upside down

'Cause I love to make you grin, grin, grin
Yes I do
Bust it out from ear to ear let it begin
Just give me a joyful grin, grin, grin
And you fill me with good cheer

It's true some days are dark and lonely
And maybe you feel sad
But Pinkie will be there to show you that it isn't that bad
There's one thing that makes me happy and makes my whole life worthwhile
And that's when I talk to my friends and get them to smile

I really am so happy
Your smile fills me with glee
I give a smile I get a smile
And that's so special to me

'Cause I love to see you beam, beam, beam
Yes I do
Tell me what more can I say
To make you see
That I do
It makes me happy when you beam, beam, beam
Yes it always makes my day

Come on every pony smile, smile, smile
Fill my heart up with sunshine, sunshine
All I really need's a smile, smile, smile
From these happy friends of mine

Choir and Pinkie Pie: Come on every pony smile, smile, smile
Fill my heart up with sunshine, sunshine
All I really need's a smile, smile, smile
From these happy friends of mine

Pinkie: Yes the perfect gift for me
Is a smile as wide as a mile
To make me happy as can be

Choir: Come on every pony smile, smile, smile
Fill my heart up with sunshine, sunshine
All I really need's a smile, smile, smile
From these happy friends of

Choir and Pinkie Pie: Smile, smile, smile, smile, smile

Pinkie Pie: Come on and smile
Come on and smile

Once the song is over, everyone applauds. Soon the last minute to midnight approaches. Twilight smiles as she spoke, "It's time!"

The three mares hit the button, causing the ball to drop. Everyone cheers wildly, which gets better when Pinkie took out her party cannons and fire all over the place like mad. Her friends laughs in glee!

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2...1!!!" Everyone cheers on wildly as the ball counts down.

Soon the ball lands...and a flash is heard. The New Year is here! Ponies cheer, laugh and dance, doing some stuff. A brand new year is here for Equestria!

Twilight smiles as she, Rarity and Pinkie hugs each other. What a great way to begin the New Year!

Dinky notes how Doctor Hooves smiles to Derpy, wanting to hug here...but the Pegasus pony turns, causing him to move his upper foreleg around in embarrassment.

"You like mommy, do you Doctor?" Dinky ask Doctor Hooves with a smile, making him yelp. "Come on, I can tell."

"Well...all right. Your mother is a very special mare." Doctor Hooves said, rubbing the back of his mane awkwardly. "I just wish I could be able to show her how I much care for her. She cares for you, her friends, and all of Ponyville, despite her...well...little problems. I just wish I can impress her…”

"I can help you be a Gentle Pony to the lady, like be cool and not care like DJ style, if it helps."

"Would you do that? I could use some help. It would help make a good impression on your mother."

"Mommy would like that." Dinky said to Doctor Hooves with a smile. The filly knows that he wants to impress Derpy, no matter what. "You just need to act tough, be a dramatic actor and try something she hasn't seen before."

And who better to teach him than Derpy's own foal herself?

---------------

The trio arrives in Fillydelphia as the multiple fireworks are about to be set off for the New Year. The Doctor helped Derpy out, escorting her through town and letting Dinky ride on his back. The mother appreciate what she's doing for them.

The trio watches as multiple fireworks are set off all over to make it light up the skies. Doctor Hooves, Derpy and Dinky cheers on impressed at this sight. This city sure knows how to make this city well lit-uip like the others!

Once the fireworks here are done, the Doctor's group return to TARDIS and heads off to Los Pegasus. The trio notes how Lyra heartstrings, Bon-Bon, Sunset Shimmer, Flash Sentry, and Halse are returning money to the local casinos which has been robbed a few minutes or so ago. They wondered what happened.

Despite that, the city celebrate its own celebrations with stallions firing off cannons with loaded explosives boom-boom noises while letting pretty flashes similar to fireworks go off into the air. Derpy, Dinky, and Doctor Hooves looks amazed, cheering at the sight with the other ponies. Each fireworks display is amazing than the last!

Next up is a trip to Griffonstone, where the griffons celebrate by making loud squawk noises. Derpy, Dinky and Doctor Hooves cover their ears to how loud they are making but enjoy themselves regardless. Of course, the noises were so loud, no one saw three suspicious looking "griffons" flying over to the newly made castle.

Now in the homes of the yaks, they are preparing for their own celebration to welcome in the New Year. Their ideas involving blowing a loud of bill horns.

Doctor Hooves smiles as he cracks his own version of human knuckles. This is it, his big chance! The stallion goes up to a yak, taps him on the shoulder and causing the big guy to change.

"Excuse me, big guy? Perhaps if I could give that a shot." Doctor Hooves said with a smile to the yak. Perhaps blowing on this horn loud will prove what a tough guy he could be!

The yak mumbles and moves to allow Doctor Hooves a chance to use the horn. The pony breathes in and out, then blows into the horn. Nothing happened. Doctor Hooves frowns and blow harder. Still nothing happened. Doctor Hooves gave one big breath...and blows in it hard.

Of course, it ends up being a bit too loud! You see, a lot of the yaks have to be ready for avalanches that may come from loud noises from the horn...and sadly, Doctor Hooves's horn blowing cause a big one. The yaks yelps and make a run for it.

"Run!" Derpy cries out as she picks up Dinky and flies off. Doctor Hooves didn't have time as the avalanche swept him along. The pony yelps as he is send sliding down the mountain very fast.

Luckily, by the time that the Doctor hits the bottom with the avalanche, he is okay. Doctor Hooves sighs as he got out of the pile and shake the snow off of himself. That was a bit...too loud for his taste.

"Well, that was ironic." Doctor Hooves said with another sigh. He made a choice in hopes to win Derpy over...and ends up making an avalanche that yaks are known to be prepared for.

So much for that.

--------------------

The tour ends with ponies of Cloudsdale, Canterlot & Ponyville gathering in a field between all three cities. Derpy, Dinky and Doctor Hooves arrives early to get a better viewing of the fireworks event happening as the New Year's approaching.

"Wow! We have been all over the place...and it's like the night hasn't even ended yet." Derpy said happily, rolling her eyes in hope to keep a better view.

"Yeah, mommy." Dinky said in agreement, giggling as she turns to Doctor Hooves. "Thanks for the tour so far."

Doctor Hooves nods to Dinky, he's glad that the little filly is happy so far. The stallion isn't the last time. He decided to give one more try to win Derpy over. If this fails, may as well give up.

"My lady!" Doctor Hooves exclaims as he kisses Derpy on the hoof. This made her surprise yet blushing at the same time.

"Doctor? What are you doing?" Derpy ask Doctor Hooves, puzzled by this reaction.

"Allow me to show you a zebra tradition on how zebras attract their mates."

Derpy and Dinky looks at each other, the mother has no idea as to what the Doctor is going for her. Still, she and her daughter watches as Doctor Hooves moves a bit away from the duo before stopping. He is being a dramatic actor by introducing this...now for the zebra tradition.

Doctor Hooves roars like mad, surprising Derpy as he runs around, throwing leaves around. The stallion then jumps into some snow and rolls around in it in an attempt to make a snow angel. After that, Doctor Hooves got up and puffed up his face like a blowfish...sort of.

Next, Doctor Hooves throws snow around and jumps around like some sort of monkey, falling on his head, sticking his tongue. Derpy is not sure if she could call a doctor...or an insane asylum at this point. Doctor Hooves sounds like he's sick.

For the big finale, Doctor Hooves jumps into the air and lands, falling on all fours. The stallion smiles to Derpy, but instead of a cheer, he got a confusing look from Derpy’s face.

"Oh, I give up." Doctor Hooves sighs as he got up and trots away from the two. His attempts to impress Derpy has made him look like some sort of darn fool.

"Wait, Doctor." Dinky said as she gallops over to Doctor Hooves. The daughter is concerned that his attempt to impress Derpy would not make him want to leave. "Listen, maybe you got this all wrong."

"I try to be cool and not care like DJ style like you said, like being tough, being a dramatic actor and acting like a wild pony! But all those attempts make me look like a foal: being rolled down by an avalanche and making your mother think I am insane! Perhaps..."

"Doctor, listen. Seeing you do that, maybe I should've gave better advice earlier. It's my fault for what happened to you. Perhaps instead of being tough and such, you should show mommy the best of yourself..."

Doctor Hooves pauses to think about this. Maybe Dinky is right. He is not showing the best of himself, perhaps the Doctor should instead relax and have fun tonight.

"Yes, you're right, Dinky." Doctor Hooves said with a nod. He and Dinky goes back to the waiting Derpy who looks worried, maybe because of what happened? "Derpy, I do apologize for what happened back there...and almost killing myself with that avalanche earlier. I know you are worried that I may come back to be more stranger and with Dinky..."

"Actually, I was worried you wouldn't come back." Derpy explains to Doctor Hooves, much to his and Dinky's worry. "You were actually funny tonight."

"I was?"

"Yep! Being given a ride by that avalanche by accident...shucks! I get into accidents all the time, but this is the first time that somepony other than me got into one, trying to act tough. Also, that show you did there...it took me a few seconds but I figure it out."

"You did?" Doctor Hooves and Dinky ask Derpy in surprise. They are amazed that a goofy Pegasus pony like her would just get it!

"Yep! You are trying to show me a good time tonight...and I like it!" Derpy exclaims happily as she hugs Doctor Hooves, making him blush. "Fireworks, the ball dropping, and this? Best night ever!"

Doctor Hooves pauses to absorb this information...then with a smile, he hugs the Pegasus mare, speaking softly, "Glad you like it, my friend. Now, why don't we finish our little New Year fun by watching the fireworks?”

"Yeah!"

And so, a while later, the trio are joined by a bunch of ponies. As everyone watches, fireworks from Cloudsdale, Canterlot & Ponyville are launched off into the sky, showing images of the heroes of Equestria, like the Mane Six, Ben Mare, Nyx, the princesses, and more.

Suddenly, without warning, Doctor Hooves's invention went off from inside TARDIS and shoot off fireworks into the skies from inside the thing, much to the surprise of everyone who watched. The Doctor slaps himself in realization: in all the excitement and such of giving Derpy and Dinky the tour, as well as trying to impress Derpy herself,, he has forgotten about his invention that goes off once the ball drops in Manehattan until now!

The fireworks explodes in the night sky. The ponies cheers on as the words 'Happy New Year, Equestria!'. Doctor Hooves, Derpy and Dinky smiles as they watch on, hugging one another. They got a feeling that their New Year will be as amazing as this one!

The End

Author's Note:

Cast list
Peter New: Doctor Hooves
Tabitha St. Germain: Derpy Hooves, Rarity
Cathy Cavadini: Dinky Doo
Tara Strong: Twilight Sparkle
Andrea Libman: Pinkie Pie
Shannon Chan-Kent: Pinkie Pie (singing)

Okay, it's done. I did my best to do this fic without VK's doing all of it as well as what I can come up with it. If you guys got some criticism, then go ahead.

All right, now for an AU fic and I got one that has the idea of the new MLP: FIM Christmas Album...

"It's a Pony Kind of Christmas: Based on the new MLP: FIM musical album. Hosted by Nyx and Snow Pillow, we see the Mane Six and the ponies of Equestria sing Christmas songs that we know and love."

Yep, a songfic based on the new Christmas album. I hope you folks will enjoy this! Until next time, read, review and suggest!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment