• Published 2nd Dec 2015
  • 1,104 Views, 90 Comments

The Silence - PaulAsaran



Equestria has been a land of peace and harmony for a very long time. Nopony bothers to ask what was sacrificed to make that happen. They will find out soon enough...

Comments ( 22 )

7317129
As a matter of fact, yes, I did get the idea from that image. Well done, good sir.

Holy shite, someone else out there has played Fatal Frame 2. I didn't even have to read your comment to know what you were talking about. But to your point, no, I came up with the Maw entirely on my own and that similarity is a pleasant coincidence.

7721268 Just take the multiple long-form comments and speculation as motivation to get another chapter out :twilightblush:

7721268 You should answer them given the gap in updates :P

7879682
I would... if I weren't currently working on the next chapter.

7965451
Well, I'm glad you consider this high quality. To be honest, though, I feel like I've backed myself into a corner with my chosen method of handling the story. It's set to be very long and it's entirely possible I'll end up with chapter after chapter of somewhat repetitive material if I can't find a way to direct things better than I have so far. As of now I'm only on the second part of seven, and I really need to take a closer look at what I'm doing and how I'll make things more interesting than 'tons of death and stuff'. I know where I'm going, but I need to take better control of the path to it.

Also, the next chapter is due for release in a week. Updates are sporadic at the moment, but are definitely coming.

God, this fic is so good. I'm glad that I found it thanks to an recommendation by Emperor. It absolutely nails that Silent Hill vibe, which is my favorite type of horror by far, while also doing some of its own interesting things. It's not just town wide--this thing is nationwide, there's a temporal aspect, and a multitude of viewpoints that all feel unique.

So now that I've finished reading everything so far (well, except the glossary, I don't need no spoilers) I'm hyped. Everybody's now in the Veil so now this is where shit hits the fan. As far as I know, only one of the viewpoints is in the second transition where the world gets even worse and more decrepit. Hopefully everypony makes it out okay but... yeah, we already know Luna's not going to make it... somehow...

Anyways, good work. I look forward to more chapters of this. Certainly gives me an excuse to jam to some SH music while reading :pinkiecrazy:

7972758
Well, good news! the story will resume updates on Monday. They will be sporadic and there will likely be many weeks between them, but work has finally resumed. In many ways, I regret ever being sidetracked.

This would be very hard for me to write. I am impressed with the Story so far

8047828 I figured it would be something similar, but still, I'd say Pyramid Head is the most terrifying since, you know, giant sword, massive steel pyramid on his head and can cut through just about anything and pursue the characters relentlessly. Would be kinda cool to have him appear too though.

8049296
Well, I'm sorry to say there will be no Pyramid Head. I do, however, have a replacement monster, which has already made a couple appearances, although it's not obvious at this point.

8049752 I didn't expect pyramid head to be there, I just thought it would be cool.

7317680 Hey, i think for forgot a monster, which was the Spike mimic of the pale or whatever it is called. If it was intentional then forget what i said.

8080463
It's not so much a matter of forgetting as a matter of quantity. I'm only adding two monsters to the glossary per chapter, rather than an entire chapter's worth of monsters with each update. Combine that with the fact I started the glossary late and I'm probably not even close to including all the monsters mentioned in the story so far. I'm also preferring more common monsters over the big ones (like the one you mentioned), as some of them I want to keep quiet about for now.

I finally got around to reading this based on a recommendation on Reddit, and I definitely enjoyed the ride so far. Hoping it continues! :rainbowdetermined2:

8186932
Oh, it's definitely going to continue. Continue to be good? Now that is in question.

This story. Simply AMAZING!

Other then that, words cannot truly describe the masterpiece that this story is. I sincerely hope that it continues.

8914528
Much appreciated! Someday, yes, I plan to finish it, even if it's really only just started. But I need to get some other major projects finished first.

Even though you could never pay me enough to play anything from Silent Hill...

I still very much enjoy learning about the meaning behind the various monsters that inhabit its terrifying universe. This was no exception!

9063427
Perhaps someday, when we're all flying our atomic space cars and having dinners with our holographic families, I'll be able to provide you with even more of those. :ajsmug:

A shame to see this excellent story canceled. Still, thank you for the ride.

11294552
Ah, thank you for reminding me! I created a Concepts & Creations Blog long ago specifying where this story was going to go and neglected to link to it anywhere in the story. That has been remedied.

Also: I should totally fill out some more of these monster categories. I had a lot of creative ideas ready and it would be a shame for nobody to see them.

11294677
Thank you for taking the time to reply and include the link. :twilightsmile:

I truly appreciate it.

Login or register to comment