• Published 23rd Nov 2015
  • 6,648 Views, 190 Comments

She's Definitely Got The Mane For It - Dilos1



There's something about Rara that just seems so familiar.

  • ...
27
 190
 6,648

Epilogue

A knock at the front door of Sugarcube Corner caused Pinkie Pie's head to shoot up from behind the front counter. Wondering who it could possibly be, as the confectionary store was still closed until later, the pink mare casually trotted over to the front door, where she undid the lock and pulled the door open.

She was somewhat confused to be greeted by a large wooden crate with the "This Way Up" arrow pointing straight at the ground. And oddly enough a rough sound seemed to coming from inside. Pinkie briefly looked it over to see if there was a return address, but all that she found was a little stamp that said, To: The Pink One. From: Anonymous.

Humming in thought, Pinkie tried to guess who this was from, but unfortunately came up with nothing. And still that strange sound remained. It almost sounded like snoring to her ears.

Pinkie went back inside, before reappearing with a crowbar held in her teeth. Hopping up on top of the crate, she proceeded to violently jam one end of the tool under the lid, and pushed with all of her might until it finally popped open. Pinkie pried the lid off the rest of the way with her hooves, being careful to not injure herself on the nail points, and peered inside to see what had been sent to her.

When she saw what it was, Pinkie closed the lid before using the more blunt end of the crowbar to hammer it back into place. Afterward she proceeded to roll the crate into town. Each roll created a jarring impact that shook the crate to its framework, but it held up well enough. Eventually she reached her destination, the Ponyville Postal Office. Once there she purchased a stamp, which she placed over the original one. And on it she wrote, To: The Badlands. From: Your Pony Pal Pinkie Pie.

Her task complete, Pinkie Pie happily bounced back to Sugarcube Corner. She had a busy day ahead of her after all.

Author's Note:

:pinkiecrazy:

Comments ( 54 )

Wait... what? :applejackconfused:

...I don't get it. :applejackunsure: Still like it though!

6752568
6752560
Though I'm not 100% positive, I'm pretty sure it's Svengallop, tied and trussed.

Twilight knows Pinkie too well, doesn't she? :pinkiecrazy:

6752611

If it really was Svengallop, then who sent it to her?

Dang, this is pretty confusing. :applejackunsure:

6752625

Oh, wow. Didn't see that one coming. :pinkiegasp:

Comment posted by Wroth deleted Dec 21st, 2015

6752560
6752568
6752611

It's definitely a tied up Svengallop in that box.

It's probably a reference to this:

6752700 Her innate magical abilities allow her to disguise herself.

6752731 Dark sense of humor?

6752735 But it doesn't fit with the ending.

6752745 I meant to say that I have a dark sense of humor.

well that took me reading through the comments to figure out....but neat.

6752705 To be fair she didn't exactly sound like a filly when she was a filly.

I feel like I should be surprised about many things, but what I'm the most surprised about is the fact that I'm not surprised about Pinkie probably being friends with someone from the badlands :rainbowlaugh:

I would love to see a chapter for Applejack, Rara and Twilight talking but the ending was satisfying and are 'favorite' manger is going to the badlands. Lets see how well he does in the desert. Assuming the badlands isn't someone nickname, in that case, we may not have to worry about him for long.


'

6753128

That's Pinkie being Pinkie

6753296 No? I don't recall Pinkie trying to kill people by putting them in a box and sending it to the badlands.

:rainbowlaugh:You are so getting it now, Svengallop!

Ooh, Pinkie with a Changeling friend?

And as frustrating it is to not see Rara talk to AJ, I can understand why you did it. I'll just have to use my imagination.

6752751 It still doesn't fit the story.

Ri2

Svengallop will be fine. Not like he has enough love to eat, anyway.

6753728 Self-love is a kind of love. :pinkiecrazy:

Ri2

6754047 Then why haven't they touched Blueblood?

6754264 Oh, I dunno, maybe the fact that changelings haven't been performing en-mass abductions and seem to be moving towards a more peaceful coexistence? That even Comic-changelings (who are much more aggressive) could have motivations to stay out of canterlot, period, and only focus on small towns that they know they can deal with?

I also never said self-love has to taste as good as other types of love.

To: The Badlands.

:rainbowlaugh: Coincidence that I'm listening to Halsey's Badlands album. :rainbowwild:

6753392 Yes. Well at least I think they do.

This story is awesome. It shall now get a like to go along with the fav. :pinkiehappy: I really like the Siren lore you've made. If they really have the effect of making ponies more agreeable, I bet Celestia and Luna have been secretly encouraging their presence in Equestria to foster national unity! :pinkiegasp: Someone could really build some epic tales off this, just need some suitable conflict to drive a plot. :trixieshiftright:

6762483 Thanks for the comment!:twilightsmile:

A fitting end for such a prick.

Great Story though it would have been nice to see Rara revealing her secret to AJ and AJs' reaction

6840398 True, but then I think we both know that she would have accepted Rara for who she is anyway.

6868012 . . . Hold on, be right back. (looks it up) Drat, it is.

Heh. I'm the sort of person who imagines the heroes pulling stuff like this, only to have it blow up in their faces spectacularly.

Like a changelingified Svengallop sneaking back into Ponyville and abducting the Cake Twins, all in an effort to hurt Pinkie Pie.

Howdy, Dilos! It took me a while to keep to my word, but here I am, story read and everything.

The first chapter was merely interesting, I thought. The whole "maybe Rara is a Siren" thing was neat, but very "tin foil hat," even though it ended up being correct. The clue that tipped off Twilight, Rara's mane, was a bit of a stretch too, if you ask me. After all, only Sonata had hair like that in Rainbow Rocks.

However, I think the 2nd and 3rd chapters saved it. The story went from just a weird "what if" scenario to something more genuine and heartfelt. It became much more of an emotional character piece with a bit of world-building thrown in. Rara's terror of being found out in chapter 2 was particularly endearing and made me want to give her a big ol' hug. :fluttershysad:

So, yeah, overall, I'd say this is a pretty successful story, and I'll be adding it to my Faves. Thanks for the read!

7018209 Thanks! I am glad that you enjoyed it.

Why would Twilight send him anonymously?

I hope he doesn't die of thirst...

This chapter drops the quality of the story a lot for me due to the harshness but if there is a preexisting story about changelings in Ponyville that this story shares continuity with you should probably list it as prequel on the same page as where you set the descriptions... Preferably in the field specifically for that, but a link in the long description if you don't think this qualifies as a true sequel would do.

...okay, what? :applejackunsure:

7571287 You mean the fact that I used Coloratura's nickname?
Anyway I I think I understand your view of my pacing. I agree that I probably could have done it with a lot less words, but to me personally, doing so would have left the story feeling hollow and a bit too short. That's one of my main complaints when reading, or in my case writing, stories like these. I would rather it be too long and and cover everything I wanted to be discussed as opposed to it being short and sweet without any real substance to it.
That's just my personal opinion though, and you are welcome to criticize me for it. I won't try to change your opinion on it. I only hope that I made the story enjoyable for you as well as myself.

6752625 LAME! Seriously, here I was thinking it was something awesomely funny and we get that stinker? Such a let down after imagining Twilight sending him to the Badlands Hive, Chrysalis not wanting his sorry loveless hide and sending him to Pinkie, then Pinkie sending him back.

Honestly, I found it a delightful story :heart: :twilightsmile: and I loved the Epilogue for Pinkie's revenge! :rainbowlaugh: IMHO, that's more than what he deserved.

Login or register to comment