• Published 2nd Jun 2012
  • 691 Views, 2 Comments

The revolution of Equestria - wariyoshi



After years of chaos, the Equestrian ponies rebel against their emperor, Discord.

  • ...
 2
 691

The initial revolution

Equestria originated in a state of chaos, ruled by its creator, Discord. Discord had also created the different creatures that inhabited the world, but took a particular interest in the pony race, which he ruled. A vast majority of the pony race were earth ponies, honest, hard-working creatures that wanted nothing but the prosperity of their master. Earth ponies generally worked Discord’s fields, producing food to supply Discord’s armies and the rest of his subjects. The second of the four races was the unicorn, which used it’s magic to do the tedious chores that Discord had no desire to do. They used their intelligence to plan out which farms grew what, and how many earth ponies were required to do specific jobs. The third race of ponies were the pegasi, warlike creatures who held loyalty for their master above all other priorities, or so they said. The pegasi were given the task to keep the earth ponies and unicorns in line. They did not enjoy being cruel or evil in any way, but they were designed to follow orders, regardless of how brutal or awful they may have been. The fourth race of ponies was the alicorns, banished due to their superiority in all skills compared to their fellow pony brethren. Any alicorn who was born was immediately banished, as well as their family, due entirely to the fact that Discord thought that they would stage a revolution. Unfortunately for Discord, he was right.

Every night, King Cosmos and Queen Atomia would sneak into several farms and rally up the earth ponies and unicorns. While the less intelligent earth ponies listened intently to what the sparkling alicorns had to say, the unicorns took their words with a grain of salt. They doubted that the ponies could defeat Emperor Discord, as he was much too powerful. But one night, King Cosmos gave such a thrilling speech to the earth ponies of one of the larger farms, that the unicorns listened to his words. At first they were skeptical, questioning what he said without worrying about interrupting him. He only grinned and answered their questions calmly, and assuredly. One by one the unicorn critics were silenced by his silver tongue, and one by one the unicorns began to defect to his way of thinking. Before long, the entire farm was on his side. A few pegasi ponies heard the ruckus and watched from a distance. They were ordered to bring any alicorn seen in the kingdom to justice immediately, but after hearing an earful of his words, they were curious. The pegasi left to gather some of their friends, until roughly the entire pegasi guard for that farm was listening intently. Soon the pegasi began whispering frantically among themselves in a manner resembling schoolgirl gossip. Some of the earth ponies and unicorns noticed this, and began to panic. Soon the two crowds, the earth ponies and unicorns, and the pegasi were staring at each other, face to face, kept at a minimum distance of roughly 10 yards. At first nopony knew what was about to happen. The pegasi did not know whether to attack the crowd or join in with it, and the earth ponies and unicorns did not know whether to scatter or ask the pegasi to join them. After a long, awkward minute of silence, King Cosmos bravely stepped through the crowd directly into the center of both of his audiences. It was then that he gave his most famous speech, the joining of races.

“Gentlecolts and mares, earth ponies and unicorns and pegasi, what do we all have in common? You may think that we are different as some of us have wings and some of us use magic, but in the end we are all ponies. Indeed, now is the time that we show our patriotism to the cause, and now is the time that we band together as brothers and sisters in arms. We must annihilate our cruel enemy, the infamous Emperor Discord. Many of you may now be saying that this is impossible, and that our Emperor loves us enough to keep us alive. He gave us life, and so he may give us death. To which I reply that he only keeps us alive because he needs us. Without us to supply him with food, who exactly will feed him? Who will bathe him, and clean his castle, and give him firewood to warm himself during the harsh winter? He uses us as slaves to accomplish his goals, as opposed to what we should be, equally treated citizens of his empire. While we toil in the hot son all day, producing more food than we will have consumed in several years, he basks in luxury and does little work aside from exerting terror on his subjects for his own personal amusement. We are good, honest ponies, we do what we are told, but let us not forget that sometimes what we are told to do is not always the best idea. So I say, let the joining of races begin, to unite the ponies who will stage the most glorious revolution ever known to ponykind!!! URA COMRADES!!!”

After his speech, both of the crowds were silent. None of them had ever heard such words to dishonor their great leader, the Emperor. Eventually, one lieutenant in the Pegasi Guard Corps (PGC) stepped up and asked what would happen to the pegasi afterwards. The alicorn responded in a steady, aristocratic tone that sharply contrasted the rough manner of speaking of which the pegasi generally used. King Cosmos responded by saying that there will be no PGC and there will be no Unicorn Organizational Office (UOO), there will be one thing: ponykind. He spoke in such a way that a majority of the pegasi nodded in agreement without even thinking about what had been said. After several more hours of speaking, he did not have the reaction he had hoped for. He had hoped that his persuasive tongue would have them all screaming along with him in his speech. But instead, everypony stood silently. Just when he was about to give up and leave for the night, he noticed something. As the hours had passed, there were no longer two trapezoid-shaped crowds, but rather one big circle of an even mix of pegasi, unicorns, and earth ponies. For the first time in all of Equestrian history, all ponies in a group felt equal. He commented on this and suddenly the entire crowd realized this. They all began to talk until they had completely drowned out his speaking. Eventually, he bowed out silently, hoping that they had gotten his message and that it had not fallen on deaf ears. As he left the farm and he was flying away from Equestria, he met up with his wife, Queen Atomia, to know the status of her propaganda. Little luck on her part, as she was almost caught by the PGC for the third time this week. As they came close to the Equestrian border, something happened, a fiery ball of magic exploded and knocked them both to the ground. The PGC had used unicorn energy to fire at them in an attempt to cripple them, and when it was done they quickly apprehended them. A few days later, they were banished from this planet into outer space for all of eternity. Together, their pure energy combined created the rest of the Milky Way, a reminder to all who saw them of the role they would play in the upcoming years.

Meanwhile, back at the farm, the news of his speech lingered for a while in the camp. The superior officers in the camp kept the news a secret from the higher up officers who oversaw the region itself. Eventually, as ponies were transferred to different farms, the ideas of Cosmunism, as it was now called, began to spread wherever they went. Soon, many of the aforementioned region overseers of the PGC began picking up on some of its principles. Some secretly went along with it; some went so far as to plan possible ways to attack the infamous Imperial Fortress. But many of them remained skeptical, and they eventually loyally leaked the information to the Emperor Discord. Afraid that Cosmunism was actually a threat to his power, he decreed that anypony discussing Cosmunism in secret would be devoured by Discord himself. Soon there was a surplus of food, as Discord was getting full off of thousands of ponies that had talked about Cosmunism to their peers. The region Overseers saw this as disgusting, and rapidly began to side with Cosmunism and its ideals. The daughters of the king and queen, Princess “Tia” Celestia and Princess Luna followed in their parent’s footsteps and began regular trips to Equestria to gain more support for their cause. Discord tried to stop them, but the PGC’s loyalist forces were the minority at this point, and most regional overseers actually HELPED the princesses arrive at their appointments safely. As the days nearing the “Cosmotic Revolution,” as it would be called eventually, neared, Discord felt more and more threatened by the ever-growing power of the Cosmunist forces. Eventually, the princesses decided that they would start mobilizing their volunteer forces to overthrow the totalitarian dictator. The regional overseers assisted them greatly in taking account of forces and materials, and even gave them a few weaknesses in the Imperial Fortress’ defenses. After months of planning, the princesses and the regional overseers were ready to take the fight to Discord.

The PGC’s loyalist forces fled the countryside to the Imperial Fortress. They had to prepare defenses to protect their great leader. As the civilian soldiers marched steadily towards the Imperial Fortress, they realized how far they had come, and pondered on that thought. But this was no time to have their heads in the clouds (Literally, for the pegasi), they needed a plan of action. They planned all night for the following morning, and drilled constantly to keep their soldiers in shape. At the break of dawn, the civilian army charged in after facing wave upon wave of enemy infantry, the PGC’s remaining loyalist forces scattered, and many attempted to escape. Meanwhile, as the battle was being won on the ground, the two princesses bravely battled Discord in the air, using spells and counter-spells to defeat him, and caring little for their own personal safety. As his power was drained, the two alicorns finished him off with a powerful spell. They turned him and his entire loyalist army into stone. The PGC’s loyalist forces, the Imperial Fortress, and the Emperor Discord were no more.

With a triumphant “URA” the pony armies stormed into the castle and gathered all of Discord’s precious items. They were to be burned, or smelted down into something useful that the revolution could use. After several days of celebration, the NCR (The New Cosmotic Republic) decided that it needed to start setting up a central government before it proceeded onwards to their “inevitably glorious” future. A meeting was held in what used to be a courtroom where Discord would deem who was guilty and who was not guilty of treason (Though he rarely deemed anypony “Not guilty”). They decided that they would at first remain democratic in their beliefs in order to see which government the people wanted before they instituted that specific government’s plan. On one side you had NLR (The New Lunar Republic) lead by Princess Luna, and on the other you had the NCR (The New Celestial Republic) lead by Princess Celestia. While the NLR focused more on the individual rights of citizens and stressed the importance of equality, the NCR had a different approach. Princess Celestia claimed that in order to obtain the Cosmotic state that had been described by the glorious king and queen, all ponies must submit to a set of rules to better society to pave the way into an era for the betterment of ponykind. While this flew by the PGC well, the earth ponies did not agree with it at all. They had been mesmerized by the speaking ability of Princess Luna, and were set on the ideals that King Cosmos had given them in his last speech. The unicorns did not know which side to choose, and throughout the debate remained roughly 50-50 in the ratio of who was on which side. As the two princesses argued back and forth, their debates soon grew hostile, and at one point came close to being physical. Neither princess wanted to give an inch in their furious vocal battle, and eventually, every meeting had to be broken up by their subjects, who feared that the two would start fighting and destroy the courtroom. During their second to last debate, Princess Luna shouted in a voice that shook the foundations of the fortress, demanding that a final vote be taken in a week. Celestia accepted at the same voice level and commanded that they should not speak again until the day of the debate.

The days following their second to last debate gave the population a false sense of security, as both princesses put on their best smiles and attempted to gain the public’s favor. Both princesses held rallies on separate ends of the fortress in an attempt to gain the people’s vote. The earth ponies and half of the unicorns once again went with the NLR, and those ponies rarely missed a meeting. Princess Luna filled their heads with the idea that all ponies are equal. No pony should rise above the rest, as she would say, and that the NCR preached AGAINST equality for all. She claimed that her sister wanted to gain power and force everypony back into slavery, just like the days of Discord. The earth ponies were so overwhelmed by this that some began to question Celestia’s legitimacy as a princess, and wondered why she should even be considered as an opponent to Luna. Princess Celestia, on the other hand, had the pegasi and the other half of the unicorns at all of her meetings. She told stories of a blissful land filled with all the food you could eat, and a happy life for all. She also expressed the importance of complete loyalty to the state in order to achieve this goal, and she also commented that equality would come in time, but was not possible right off the bat. She also claimed that Princess Luna only wanted equality for all so that she could make the earth ponies feel special despite how they had no powers of their own. Princess Celestia said that she acknowledged the earth ponies’ lack of skills and that they would be given the right jobs to fit their specific abilities. Her followers also wondered why Luna was even being considered for the throne, and wondered why anypony would take her so seriously. As the days of the election drew near, Celestia realized one crucial factor that would most definitely have her lose; there were more earth ponies than there were pegasi. At first she panicked but then she grew suspiciously calm. She began to call private meetings with the former regional overseers, now the leaders of the Elite Pegasi Corps (EPC), at night in her private chambers. Once she started doing this she held less and less rallies, until the day before the big election came, where she took the day off. Princess Luna had no idea what was with her sister, but she most certainly didn’t care, as this would give her the edge tomorrow. The irony of that statement was thick enough to be cut with a bayonet.

The day of the election came, and nopony had arrived late. Everypony came early and got proper seating, and made sure to sit next to their side. As the doors were closed, it became apparent to both sides that the NLR had more earth ponies, and therefore more votes. This gave Luna a swelled head, and she knew that all she had to do was annihilate her sister in the debate portion. As pre-chosen topics agreed upon by both sides were called out, Princess Luna dramatically vocalized her opinion. She got her people fired up and intimidated everypony on the other side. Everypony, that is, except for Princess Celestia. When it was Celestia’s turn for a rebuttal, Celestia calmly stated “No comment” regardless of what the topic was on. Princess Luna had key points written down that she made sure to hit on each question, whereas Princess Celestia aloud the one-sided debate to continue without any intervention. Everypony wondered if Celestia was actually going to speak to her ponies at all, and sure enough, she didn’t. After the debate was over, it was clear that nopony had defected to the other side, regardless of anything. When the votes were cast, Celestia had roughly 37.5% of the population on her side, and Luna had roughly 62.5% of the population on her side. When it was announced that Luna had won, Celestia only laughed. Luna wondered what she was up to until Celestia made it clear what her plans were. She gave the command for all the pegasi to seize Princess Luna. Though she struggled, she was not strong enough to out-muscle the entire pegasi population. Everypony else was shocked and was to afraid to do anything. As Luna wriggled to get free Celestia leapt down from her podium and landed right next to her sister.

“You betray my people and help the infamous Discord. For this you will be punished, foul sister Luna!” Princess Celestia roared. “Stop this madness right now, Tia! Release me!” Princess Luna frantically shrieked.

Her cries had fallen on deaf ears, and without a word Celestia started to walk towards her sister. Celestia’s horn glowed as she started muttering the words to an ancient incantation. A large, magical fire overcame Luna, and surrounded her, until a bright flash marked the end of Luna’s time on this planet. Princess Celestia had just sent Princess Luna to the moon, and she was not going to let her come back. The unicorns that were on the side of the NLR quickly but quietly shifted over to the NCR, and all claimed that they had been there from the start. Princess Celestia then jumped up onto the throne of their former Emperor, Discord, and gave a speech.

“To all those witnessed this and who consider Princess Luna their ally and their friend, let me tell you that you are wrong. My sister is a traitor, an enemy of the STATE. Before the invasion of the former Imperial Fortress, I saw her giving our plans of attack to the evil Discord. If I had not seen that, we most certainly would not have won the war that we did. All of you must follow me, now, as I am the lone leader to guide my people to a new, glorious future. We have some hard years ahead of us comrades, I will not lie, but let us not forget that anything worth achieving is difficult to obtain. Strong oak trees grow under harsh winds, and dirty coal is transformed into a sparkling diamonds because of time and pressure. Without those two things, what is coal? It’s a black, ugly, and expendable chunk of matter only to be used to serve OTHERS by providing energy. Well I say that we shall NOT be slaves, we shall NOT work for others, and we shall NOT be fooled once again by someone similar to THE INFAMOUS EMPEROR DISCORD!!!”

Her words riled everypony up, and they all started speaking excitedly amongst themselves. It wasn’t plausible that Princess Celestia of all people would LIE, of all things, so it was obvious that she was telling the truth! Everypony seemed thrilled to be there, except for one, small, meek colt who stepped up. He had a lanky figure with a spiky, ash-colored mane. He timidly asked if Princess Luna would ever come back, and if she did if we could vote for her again. Celestia only shook her head and told him that the revolution could not proceed if there were any traitors in our ranks. He told everypony that he thought that Luna was a war-hero, and that she had fought alongside Celestia in the Cosmotic Revolution. His opinions were quickly silenced by his peers who treated him harshly for speaking against the revolution. He quietly ducked out of the bulk of the conversation and hid behind a wall of ponies. Celestia silenced them all and left some final words of inspiration in their heads before she sent them off to their homes for the night. It would be a big day tomorrow, working the fields and gathering supplies to survive the harsh winter, and she wanted them all to be at their very best when it came time for the harvest. The next morning, the fellow who spoke out was nowhere to be seen. Celestia dismissed him as a coward who couldn’t handle the intensity of the proletariat’s love for the state. The days to come would most definitely be glorious ones under the leadership of Princess Celestia, who was a hero in the eyes of all due to the fact that she had not only single-handedly defeated Discord (Despite how everypony had forgotten that Luna was actually fighting alongside Discord, a crucial detail that for some reason only Princess Celestia remembered), but also that she had defeated her traitorous sister, Princess Luna! The first days of the Cosmotic Revolution marked the starting points for an amazing future, or so it seemed.

Comments ( 2 )
Comment posted by billykilly deleted Mar 27th, 2018

How did I know this was gonna be about communism from just the title? XD

Login or register to comment