• Published 14th Dec 2015
  • 1,756 Views, 6 Comments

Son of Sombra - Stargazer42



Lock Light is the adopted son of King Sombra, the one who has enslaved and ruled the Crystal Empire with an iron hoof. What will he do when he finds out his true destiny, and falls in love?

  • ...
6
 6
 1,756

Doctor's Consultation

“So tell me,” Twilight Sparkle began “what exactly is this?”

“This is the Tardis,” the Doctor said “which is an acronym for Time And Relative Dimension In Space. In other words, it’s a very large time, space, and interdimensional travelling…um…”

“Box?” Pinkie Pie mused.

“Yes,” Doctor Who said “that’s actually quite right. A box, but not just any ordinary box.”

“Okay,” Rainbow Dash interjected “prove to us that you can travel backwards through time.”

“Backwards AND forwards,” the Doctor said shaking his head “why does this always have to happen? When and where do you want to go?”

“How about,” Rainbow Dash said “Three thousand years into the future, right here, in Equestria.”

“Alright,” the Doctor said flicking a couple of switches, pressing some dials, and spinning a couple of nobs “oh,” he continued “and you might want to hold on to something or strap yourselves down.”

“Why?” Fluttershy said scrambling to tighten a seatbelt and looking at the Doctor.

“Because,” the Doctor said as he walked up to a lever “it’s going to get a little bumpy.”
===================================================================================================

With that, he pulled the lever. The Tardis shook violently and all of them were thrown around. Twilight’s head bumped against the floor, Applejack’s hat flew off and she went with it, Pinkie Pie slid across the floor and while she spun yelled “WEEEEEEEEEEE!”

The Tardis spun round and round in circles and the Doctor did some mental calculations and then said “…and, here we are!”

With that, he abruptly pulled up the lever and they all came to an abrupt halt. Pinkie Pie slid back to her original position and Applejack also flew back slamming into the wall. The Doctor ran over to her “Are you alright?” he asked.

“I’m fine,” she said “no thanks to you. Where are we?”

“We’re here,” the Doctor said laughing.

“Where’s here?” Twilight asked.

“Three thousand years into the future,” Doctor Whooves said “in the land of Equestria.”

“No we’re not,” Rainbow Dash interjected “we haven’t even moved!”

“Well,” the Doctor said “not exactly speaking yes, a couple of your friends did a lovely dance across the floor though.”

“I don’t believe you,” Rainbow Dash said again.

“Very well,” the Doctor said “why don’t you just step outside?”

“Is it safe?” Fluttershy asked unbuckling herself.

“Of course it is,” the Doctor said “well, at least most of the time. But especially here. Since…well, you’ll see.”

They all stepped out and were shocked at the change of scenery. What was once a lush, green, and thriving landscape, was now a barren and wasted desert.

Rarity turned to the Doctor “What happened to the Everfree Forest?”

“Gone,” he said “dried up in the last hundred years. Most of the trees were brittle anyway. You could pick up a piece of bark and it would blow away in the wind, it was so crumbly.”

“And all the animals?” Fluttershy asked horrified.

“Dead and gone,” the Doctor said smiling “most of them went extinct thousands of years ago. Mostly lizards and insects here.”

“So,” Fluttershy asked again “there’s still some life?”

“Oh yeah,” the Doctor said “always gonna be life, no question about it. Just none of the bears or bunnies you were used to back home.”

“What about our families?” Applejack asked

“Also dead,” the Doctor said “the last pony here died out about the year two thousand five hundred AC.”

“A.C.?” Twilight asked “what’s that?”

“After Celestia,” the Doctor said “she’s gone too.”

“But how…” Twilight began but the Doctor cut her off.

“No, no, no,” the Doctor said “I won’t tell you everything. Now can we PLEASE get back to Ponyville? I’m simply dying for some muffins.”

“How can you think of muffins in a time like this?!” Rainbow Dash asked enraged.

“Well,” the Doctor said “I’m rather peckish, and anyway, you can all go back home.”

After a pause he looked at them “Coming?”

They all piled back into the Tardis, and after a few seconds they were back home. They stepped out, and were excited to be instantly back. The Doctor coughed “Now will you believe what I’m about to tell you?”

“Okay,” they all said and sat around him.

The Doctor addressed his audience “Look,” he said “Lock Light is a good soul. There’s no need to judge him for what he’s done or going to do. Everything he does is for the good of Equestria and also for the good of those around him. I’ve worked with him for many years and I’ve never seen any big fault with him.”

“Then why is he so mistrusting of pony folk?” Applejack asked “especially since everything he’s done is good.”

“It’s really complicated,” and I don’t think I have the right to tell you the complete story. But just to let you know, he’s had some very special ponies to him, whom he loved and respected, betray his trust. He feels that the only pony you can trust is yourself and no one else.”

“So that’s why he acts so weird?” Rainbow Dash asked

“It’s not weird,” the Doctor said “it’s cautious. Cautious to the point of near complete isolation. He does get along well with other ponies, but he treats them like soldiers treat replacements.”

“How’s that?”

“He doesn’t grow attached to them,” he said “and there’s only one pony that I know of who even comes remotely close.”

“Princess Celestia?” Pinkie Pie asked.

“No,” the Doctor said “but that’s also not my right to tell. You’ll have to ask him yourself if you want to know.”

Twilight looked sheepishly to the ground as the Doctor’s gaze shifted towards her.

“So,” Rarity said “how do YOU fit into all of this?”

“Me?” the Doctor asked “oh, I come and go, pop in here every once and a while.”

“No but really,” Rainbow Dash interjected “how?”

“Well,” the Doctor said “Lock Light and I first started working many years ago. Since, before most of you were born in fact. We fought many monsters together. The Ipopony was a creation of…well, it doesn’t matter who. But we’ve come across monsters like that before. It’s nothing new to us.”

“So,” Fluttershy asked quietly “you don’t even get to know them?”

“Why should we?” the Doctor said “we haven’t go the time nor the resources to, and if you knew who sent them, then it doesn’t matter. You KNOW that they’re pure evil.”

“But who…” Twilight began but was interrupted by the Doctor.

“We’ll explain later,” the Doctor said “anyway, we’ve actually had quite an influence on all of your lives.”

“Really?” Pinkie Pie asked “How?”

“How about we begin,” the Doctor began “with your Pegasus friend.”

“Who Rainbow Dash?”

“Yes,” the Doctor said “with Rainbow Dash.”