• Published 2nd Jun 2012
  • 3,061 Views, 43 Comments

Backfire - Zoom zoom



Spike learns to be careful what you wish for.

  • ...
5
 43
 3,061

We Dun Goofed

“I wish I was the perfect colt for Rarity.”

“Wait, stop….Crap.” Wishful Thinking’s voice echoed.

“What do you think you’re doing to Spike?”

“Rarity?”

Wishful’s voice carried but was muffed more as it went on. “Oh not now. I don’t have time to talk about this right now I have to focus.”

“I’m not letting you go any further.”


Wishful opened his eyes. He stretched as usual for himself before going down to make himself breakfast. In retrospect he would likely find it funny he was halfway through eating before he figured out he had just made and ate breakfast with his hooves alone. This was odd because he never used his hooves if he could help it or was reading a book.

He looked himself over as he headed for the only mirror in his house which was still not packed out, but he unpacked it yesterday didn’t he? That was when he noticed the thick scaled edges of his new wings. The foldable parts of the wings were still flesh. Only the tips gleamed with a tiny bit of purple to offset his orange coat that had spread over them. A closer look showed they were a type of jewelry and when he removed them he could see why. Without them his wings were unnoticeable against his flesh and looked rather scarred under one of them. He wondered how he got that one, must have been interesting.

Still he’d been turned into a Alicorn before because of a dumb wish to turn someone into an Earth pony a few years back so he wasn’t about to freak out. That is until he saw his reflection in the mirror. No horn. HE had NO HORN.

Wishful Thinking stared at his reflection, this had never happened. He always had a way to undo his wishes. The power to undo the wish had be the same amount he put into it. Even the few times he helped Pony Joe he didn’t need much energy.

But this wish was different. To get past Spike’s dragon natural resistance he had hit him with everything he had. And it would take the same effort to undo it. Meaning the only way he could plausibly undo this wish now is to…..no he couldn’t do either option yet.

“That’s right”, his inner colt told him, “and you can get used to being a Pegasus. The wings are pretty cool, and Spike likely got what he wanted. Maybe this won’t be so bad.” That was the good thing about being who he was. He never panicked for long. Oh it lingered, he’d likely resent Spike a bit for the rest of his life but as long as Spike was happy he’d be fine with it as a whole. He’d helped his friend have his dream and that was all he needed to not lose it. Well that and reading Brother Ursa. That would let him get some of his anger with Spike out of the way since it was about a Pony who was turned into an Ursa Minor that had to take care of a smaller one as repentance for the wrong he did.

He had finished one of his favorite parts when there was a knocking on the door, but not from his front door. He opened to back door to see that Pony who throw the welcome party for him a two days ago.

Pinkie Pie’s wide grin faltered when she saw Wishful Thinking. “Guess I can’t be surprised,” he thought. “Just yesterday I was a unicorn and here I am a Pegasus now.”

From there things got weird though as Pinkie Pie fired confetti in his face with enough of a blast to send him sprawling to the other side of the house. The sound called Rainbow Dash who seemed to be fine until again she saw Wishful Thinking.

He wasn’t sure how he got out of the house, or why it was so suddenly destroyed. The pieces of his life were falling one by one. But all he could think was, “yeah, that seems about right.”

And things only got worse when he noticed Spike in the distance. Obviously something had gone wrong on his end as well. “Just peachy.”


Spike made a mental note to himself. He much preferred running as a pony than most anything besides eating a fire ruby and his friends. If only this running wasn’t caused by he and Wishful Thinking running for their lives and three angry mares chased them he’d be in heaven.

Rainbow Dash was the closest to them. It was Wishful who notice that, as fast as the two were moving, the fastest pony in the land would have caught them by now. He wasn’t sure if Spike was the one keeping her away or what but at least he wouldn’t have to worry about that sonic rainboom thing again. Wait, how did he know that was the name of that move?

Wishful tried opening his wings. If anything else he may be able to get away easier and Spike wouldn’t be chased; after all the three were only after him. Much like Spike with running in a new body, Wishful didn’t even have to think about it to spread his wings and take fight. The wind felt really good.

Unfortunately Spike wasn’t free from pursuers. The Mares that were whispering to each other earlier were now joining in the fray and after Spike. Shouting how he was the enemy of all mares. Wishful did a simple dive to pick up Spike. He seemed light as a feather in his hooves. Unfortunately, or fortunately it suddenly caused a lot of them to fight for some reason the instant he was seen. “Day just keeps getting better and better.”

It was then Wishful got an idea. “Spike, can you wink?”

“What?” it was hard for Spike to hear with all the galloping. They would be in the forest soon enough if they just passed over Fluttershy’s house.

“Wink,” Wishful repeated, “can you wink us somewhere far from here?”

“Well I-I can try at least,” Spike said hesitantly. In the flash of green both were gone. And with that the three mares suddenly stopped what they were doing.

Fluttershy was the first to speak, “W-where did he go?”

Rainbow Dash snorted, “He winked out with Spike the coward. When I get my hooves on him I’m going to show him how to really be a man.”

“Yeah,” Pinkie Pie said skeptical, “But you just blow up his house right. Didn’t that get it out of your system? I’m still trying to figure wiger why I was so mad even after that.”

“He’s always had that effect on mares,” said Rainbow starting to relax, “Right Fluttershy?”

“Oh yes,” Fluttershy agreed, “girls either love or hate the guy when they first meet him. Lucky for him Cloudsdale has a higher colt to filly ratio, took me forever to be calm enough to have a normal conversation with him. But after what he did I just can’t hold back anymore. ” She dropped her head. “I sort of feel bad about this but it’s that weird feeling. I just can’t control it.”

Rainbow Dash rubbed the back of her head as her own head cleared. “I know what you mean. Guess I did go a bit far there. It isn’t smart to talk to him in pony though. Guess I’ll have Ditzy Doo deliver my apology. She always was the only pony I know who wasn’t affected by it.”

“Must be the eyes,” said Pinkie. Her two friends looked at her. “What? I meant she can see through magic. So of course it must not affect her.” The two continued to stare but nodded their agreement. “Hey what do you say we go to my place for some cupcakes then? It’s always good to have a treat to cheer you up.” So they went off.


They appeared in the library. Once Wishful realized this he started shaking Spike. “Are you serious? Of all places you pick here?”

“W-wh-what’s the p-p-p-pro-bl-em?” asked Spike through the violent shakes.

“Twilight already can’t stand me,” He said in frantic shaking of Spike, “If she gets near me, in whatever happened to me she could kill me.” The little colt in his head was arguing that it meant more pleasure, but reason and fear teamed up in his head to quickly stamp that out.

As if summoned, Twilight entered the room as Wishful was at the peak of shaking Spike. He noticed and immediately stopped with a cry of panic. He didn’t have a horn anymore. He couldn’t fight Twilight when he did have magic, now he’d be helpless.

“I can explain,” he said waving his hooves in front of himself as Twilight stared at him. Eyes wide Twilight rushed him and Wishful covered his face with his hooves and his stomach with his new wings hoping it would be quick. Twilight forced his hooves away with magic. “Just perfect,” he thought closing his eyes. “Celestia must hate me too if this is my life.”

Instead of a hit, he was met with a kiss. A full on one he only read about in the romance novels for mares he read when he didn’t have a good fantasy book to try, her tongue invading his mouth and probing. He was in complete shock. Even the colt in his head seemed to give an image of his smaller self smacking himself across the face repeatedly trying to wake up. “This is not happening.” He thought, “Something very wrong here.” But as his brain started to calm from the shock of this and his body started to enjoy the pleasure he understood what was going on. Only some small pieced of the puzzle now escaped him.

Spike shook his head as he looked at Twilight invading Wishful’s mouth in horror. What was going on?

Twilight finally released Wishful, saliva running from both of their mouths as she hugged Wishful and said in a seductive, “Where have you been all my life?”

Wishful’s head didn’t move for a long while as he just sat there, eyes unblinking. Finally his eyes moved as he looked at Spike, closed his mouth. Trying not to swallow Twilight’s mouth juice was impossible without spitting it on the mare so he gulped the sweetness down and said in a monotone voice that trailed off, “Spike…..”

“Yeah, Wishful?” replied spike half curious half disgusted by the site.

“We dun goofed.”