• Published 14th Sep 2015
  • 11,456 Views, 3,294 Comments

Sons of Damas - Tatsurou



Shining Armor grows up alongside Jak, working with him and Daxter to save the world.

  • ...
39
 3,294
 11,456

PreviousChapters
Tail's End

With the Crystal Heart recovered, the Crystal Empire was restored, with Shining Armor and Cadence on the throne. Keira and Twilight had succeeded in creating the tracking device, and study of how Shining and Jak's Dark and Light sides interacted allowed Twilight to create a choker for Sombra that left him immune to the effects of the Crystal Heart on his physiology. After seeing the Crystal Fair together, Sombra and Radiant Hope had left to seek out the pieces of Princess Amore.

Shining and Cadence ruled together, slowly bringing the country into the modern era. Relations with Equestria were good, and new relations with other countries were slowly building. The lessons Shining had learned watching Jak lead Oasis bore fruit as the return of a kingdom that had been missing for over a thousand years barely even caused a ripple. It was also a simple matter for Keira to use the crystalline structure of the kingdom to design a second Rift Gate to connect to the one back in Oasis, allowing them to pass back and forth between the worlds with ease.

In the rest of the world, things progressed more or less as they were expected to. Twilight - as anticipated - underwent her own apotheosis as she reached the next stage of quitescent evolution, becoming an alicorn herself. Shining did his best not to interfere in her story further than he already had. After all, his story seemed to have found a happy ending.

Half a year after Shining's return to Equestria, Jak and Keira celebrated the birth of their first child, a little girl named Mari. She had Keira's hair, Jak's eyes...and Daxter's penchant for trouble. On top of that, she seemed to already have a large portion of Jak's abilities, and was a real troublemaker. Shining found himself almost afraid of what his own children with Cadence might be like when they arrived.

It was as they were babysitting - in addition to the rest of their duties - that disturbing reports arrived.


"He's drained how many ponies?" Cadence demanded in shock of the nervous guard who carried the report.

"At last estimate, somewhere in excess of a thousand," the guard reported nervously. "Exact numbers are difficult to come by, but no less than five cities in total have been drained completely, and he's still on the move."

"I thought Aunt Celestia had a plan for Tirek should he ever return," Cadence groaned, putting a hoof to her forehead.

"She did," Shining spoke up. "It's why she got Twiley and her friends to reform Discord. He can detect imbalances in the magical field, such as those cause when Tirek drains magic. She planned to sic Discord on him."

"Then why hasn't she?" Cadence demanded worriedly.

Shining glanced at the Rift Gate guiltily. "Kinda our fault there, Cady. He...can't pick up the smaller stuff when the echo from the gate blots it all out."

Cadence sat back on her throne with a sigh. "Well, that's just great. Any more bad news?"

"The alicorn amulet was found in Manehatten when relief crews went to help those who'd had their magic drained," the guard spoke up. "It had been drained as well."

"He can drain magical artifacts now, too?" Cadence gasped in shock.

"Then he'll be heading this way," Shining observed carefully. "The Crystal Heart is an exceptionally powerful magical artifact, linked to everypony in the Empire, including the two of us. If he's able to drain it..."

Cadence shuddered at the thought. "We need to move quickly to beef up our defenses," she observed. "Do you have any ideas, Shining?"

"Actually...I think I might," Shining observed. "But...I'm gonna need you to hold the fort for about an hour." He turned towards the Rift Gate.

"Where are you going, Shining?" Cadence asked nervously as she saw the Black Knight come out.

He shot a sharp toothed grin over his shoulder at her. "To pick up some reinforcements..."


Tirek strode across the frozen landscape, his hooves clearing miles with every step. The magic he'd absorbed thus far had left him huge, large enough to shrug off distance. He wouldn't be able to stay discrete for long, since the Alicorn Amulet had given him far more magic than he'd anticipated...but once he drained the defenseless Crystal Empire, he'd be more than a match for Celestia or Luna, and they'd have no hope against him.

"Watch where you step!" a voice called out to him suddenly from amidst the snowstorm, down near his hooves. "You could hurt yourself!"

Blinking in surprise, Tirek lowered his head to examine the speaker. It was a bat-winged, black-coated alicorn with a red horn. "What manner of joke is this?" he demanded. "There are no alicorn princes!"

"You really need to catch up on current events," the pony said calmly. "There's currently five alicorns in the world just now."

Tirek frowned. Five alicorns could prove to be more than he could handle...though not once he drained the Empire. "That matters not. Nothing will stand in my way of taking what is mine!"

"I do," the pony observed.

"I could crush you without breaking stride-" Tirek began to call out, only for his words to be cut off by heavy mechanical grinding. Before his eyes, giant constructs that resembled black-metal camels - or perhaps giraffes, given the length of the necks - rose from beneath the snow. "W-what are those?"

"Dark Terraformers," the pony explained calmly as he flapped his way into the air. "Tools of the Dark Makers...but I'm putting them to use, teaching you a lesson you desperately need."

"And what's that?" Tirek asked nervously, taking a step back as the monstrosities shivered...and flew apart.

The parts took shape around the pony, shaping a massive mechanical version of it that was easily as large as Tirek. "Picking on someone your own size!" the stallion's voice echoed through the machine. "And for a bad colt like you...the lesson comes with a punishment!"

"Do you expect me to beg for mercy?" Tirek demanded, a hint of nervousness in his voice...a hint that rapidly grew into a flood of terror as a massive energy sword was drawn.

"No, Tirek," the figure hissed. "I expect you to die."

"MOMMY!" Tirek screamed out in fear as the blade flashed.


Daxter sat back, staring up at the new trophy that hung above the bar at the newly redecorated Naughty Ottsel. It was no Metalhead skull, but the horns were pretty impressive. He made a mental note to thank Shining for it...and never ask where he got it from.

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 108 )

And so ends another amazing story. I never had a childhood with the franchise but I grew to like the characters.

Your an amazing author tats, and I'm sure that whatever you work on next will be even more amazing than this piece of art you have crafted.

*pouts in the corner.*

Great story man a great tribute to the ps2 era.

thus does this saga come to close they've room for another tale to take place, now who's journey is about to begin?

Well, that ended well. I would've liked to see more of Sombra hanging out with Shining, but what was there was delightful.

Now let's see, the ones remaining are, if I remember correctly, GLADoS Gilda, Picard Celestia, and Cecil Sombra. Can't wait to see which one is next.

7827030 Quite a few more according to TVTropes, 4 more ponies on top of what you've listed, the side story for Applejack still hasn't happened, the sequel to Vinyl/Octavia's can start up soon... Still, getting ever closer to the main event. It will be glorious.

"Do you expect me to beg for mercy?" Tirek demanded, a hint of nervousness in his voice...a hint that rapidly grew into a flood of terror as a massive energy sword was drawn.
"No, Tirek," the figure hissed. "I expect you to die."
"MOMMY!" Tirek screamed out in fear as the blade flashed.

Well, that was a great journey:scootangel:
Now to wait for more:eeyup:

*sits in a chair with spiderwebs starting to form on him*

Kinda our fault their, Cady

1. There.

So ends another crossover. Great work, I read each chapter eagerly awaiting the next. Though, I was kind of hoping to see Dark Jak and company curb stomp Trek at the end. But what you gave us instead was still pretty entertaining.

So, what crossover awaits us next?Ratchet and Clank, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro The Dragon, Rayman, Tomb Raider, Earth Worm Jim, or maybe even a Sonic one. Though, I doubt the last one. Since it's already been done is not very liked on this site.
7827030
Were those mentioned in a blog or something?

7827092 Ah, I see it now. Still, really looking forwards to the Sombra one.

7827105 Yup. And you should check his story list, some those have been done or are in progress right now.

"The Crystal Heart is an exceptionally powerful magical artifact,

Don't worry, only an exceptionally powerful Confundus charm could hoodwink it. Spells far beyond the talents of Tirek as he is now.

Ah, a Goldfinger reference. What a beautiful note on which to end Prince Ar-Mar's tale... for now.

a wonderful end both to this story and to Tirek. This has been another wonderful and exciting journey with you. thanks for another amazing story

Poor Tirek he can never just catch a break can he? I mean spanked by the Hulk while he was in drag, beaten by a child of Sparta, Defeated by a magical nulling device by a vengeful dark alicorn spirit, and killed by kin of Sparda. I think I got them all covered but I think I know who our authors favorite punching bag is!

A Crash Crossover would be good right around now, what with the N' Sanity collection coming up.
...
...
...
Just don't do the Mutant games that Activision made.
They deserve to burn in hell for doing that to Crash!
...
Have whoever you send reconnect with Equestria at the end of Twinsanity, and return for Tag Team Racing, and you'll be grand.
AND DON'T FORGET CRASH BASH!!!
It may have been a party-game, but it was fun and had a canon story with it too.

Awe now Twilight doesn't get her friendship castle the fusion of the EOH and time doesn't get broken by starlight

"Do you expect me to beg for mercy?" Tirek demanded, a hint of nervousness in his voice...a hint that rapidly grew into a flood of terror as a massive energy sword was drawn.
"No, Tirek," the figure hissed. "I expect you to die."

:pinkiegasp: Was that a Destroy All Humans 2 reference?

Ah, a good ending to a good story. Looking forward to more.
Keep up the great work. Deus tecum.

7827459 it's actually a James Bond reference, it's just that it is also referenced in DAH2

Okay, the part with the trophy was hilarious

7827459 More of a James Bond reference. That game was funny, though.

7827479
7827482 Ah. I stand corrected. ...Or maybe I sit corrected. One of those two. :pinkiehappy:

....... & now I really want to see what happens when twilight dose to tirek after she's been with ratchet.

Yet another PWNyverse story where Rainbow Power doesn't exist, and Ponyville's library still stands.

I'm okay with that. :trollestia:

7827354 I'm looking forward to seeing what Order & Chaos Discord could do to him. With what he just accomplished, he's legitimately omnipotent. To the point where he could simply will Tirek into retroactive historical nonexistence.

Edit: And now I'm predicting that the Mega Crossover happens because O&C Discord gets bored.

7827459 Not entirely.

'No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die' is classic.
But everyone else got that already, apparently.

It's over??? I wanted to see Shining and Jak interacting with Flurry Heart for adorableness!!! And Flurry hugging her Uncle Daxter.

7827136
Just did, I have no idea he had written so many stories I was actively following when I first joined the site. I blame the weird formatting it used to have.

7827152
Huh, how'd I miss that? What about the other ones I mentioned?

7827765
I'm ok with that. The Crystal Castle stands out for all the wrong reasons, where it's at, but if they must have the damn thing. Have it on the edge of town or something.

I did finish this. This is one way to end the year of Tatsurou and Rooster Teeth 2016.

7829183

Huh, how'd I miss that? What about the other ones I mentioned?

Nope. None of them have been covered, and none are planned.

See the TV Tropes page for a full list of what's been published and what's planned for the future.

Until next time...
Anon e Mouse Jr.

7829183
I'm afraid none of what you suggested otherwise work.

7827030 I'm mostly looking forward to the sunset-starfox story.

7828886 so basically the sans fight, only he has the seven human souls

7828334
look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, back to me.
sadly, your mage isn't me.
but if he stopped using harmony magic and switched to dark Eco, he could cast like he's me
look down, back up, where are you?
you're on a boat, with the magi your mage could cast like.
what's in your hand, back at me, i have it.
it's an oyster with two pages from that spellbook you want
look again, the pages are now diamonds.
anything is possible when your mage cast with dark Eco and not harmony
I'm on a horse

7828742
Flurry hugging Daxter? Don't you mean blasting him with a magic beam before she was nerfed? lol

7829102
The other story starts off with Twilight as an alicorn sooo ... theoritically Everything that happens in that one could have started after this one ... except the last few chapters of the other story kind of throw that idea out of the window. (Shiny is not an alicorn there)

7830162 He is her small furry uncle, I think she'll view him as a living teddybear while still at the baby foal stage.

7829205
I was just throwing around ideas. Like having someone go into the uncharted/tomb raider universe. Or maybe the phyconaught or brutal legends ones. Nothing really beyond that, honestly.

7829196
Ok then, thanks for the info.

I have had no Internet for over three weeks and I'm now doing a binge reading of your chapters. While there is no shenanigans with Damas and Flurry Heart the chapters I have read kept me in stitches anyway. Keep being awesome.

And this tale comes to a close. Well done, Tatsurou.

7850905
It comes from the The Dark is Rising Sequence A story by Susan Cooper about an age old fight going from the dawn of time to present day between the light and the dark.

7853302
You are very welcome.

:rainbowlaugh: priceless when triek yelled out mommy :rainbowlaugh:

7919324 That's a safe bet.

7922227
It's one that makes sense

Login or register to comment