• Published 14th Sep 2015
  • 11,454 Views, 3,294 Comments

Sons of Damas - Tatsurou



Shining Armor grows up alongside Jak, working with him and Daxter to save the world.

  • ...
39
 3,294
 11,454

PreviousChapters Next
Return to Eden

Two ships flew back from the land once known as the Brink, heading for the land once known as the Wasteland. One ship held three sisters, eager to reunite with two they thought of as their parents. The other carried two brothers and two friends, knit as close as family. Both had traveled a great distance already, but what they saw as they approached made all gasp in shock.

Before, the oceans had been sluggish as they girted the land, barely splashing as they shifted around the stony shores. Now, waves crashed against stone outcrops, white froth gliding up sandy beaches that came to a halt in verdant grasslands, painting the continent green as far as the eye could see as what had once been isolated oases were now spraying fountains, the water shooting into the sky like the Eco flowing out of the vents. What had once been barely survivable and a brutal taskmaster to those who thrived there was now a blooming paradise.

"Did...did we really do all that?" Shining gasped out, shocked.

"I...I knew stabilizing the planet and reactivating the Eco Vents would have an effect..." Keira managed to say. "But this? It's...it's phenomenal-"

"Look!" Jak called out, pointing straight ahead. A massive tree rose out of the forest behind Haven city, tall enough to be visible from the edge of the continent, its branches protectively shading acres as blossoms bedecked its boughs.

"...some homecoming, huh?" Daxter managed to say. "It...it really does look like Sandover came back, doesn't it? The area around Samos' old hut is even a flooded inlet with rocky islands again!"

"We did it, Jak," Keira spoke up warmly, turning shining eyes and a wide smile to him. "We saved the world."

"Yeah..." Jak murmured softly, wrapping an arm around her. "Let's...let's go see everyone..."

The two ships parted as they crossed the continent. The sisters steered their ship into the tunnels to the Planetary Defense System, where their 'parents' - Gol and Maia - still worked away to correct their past mistakes. Their reunion would happen in its own time. Jak landed his own ship just outside Spargus. "Everyone will be waiting for us in there," he confirmed to himself. He turned to the others worriedly. "I think you three should go on ahead. Give everyone some idea of what all has happened." He smiled at Keira. "This was your Spirit Journey, after all."

Keira smirked softly. "You want time to brace yourself for how people will see you differently now?" At Jak's nod, Keira leaned in and kissed him. "You just wait here until you're ready then. But no running off, alright?"

"Promise," Jak confirmed, sitting back as the trio made their way into the city.


Samos was the first to greet those who returned. "Keira, there you are," he greeted warmly as she entered the city. "Look at you! A full Sage at last. I'm so proud of you." He pulled her into a warm embrace, then stepped back to turn to the others. "And from the look of you, Shining, you're learning a bit more control of the darkness inside you...but your journey isn't quite yet complete."

"No, not yet," Shining admitted. "There's somewhere I still need to go."

"Not alone, you won't," Daxter stated firmly. "We'll go with yo-whoammph!"

Daxter's interrupted speech was due to Tess having tackled him to the ground, her short limbs wrapped tight around him as she locked limbs with him, her tail wrapping around his intimately. "Oh my snukki-wukkikins, how I missed you!"

Daxter chuckled, returning the embrace. "Heh. Missed you too, sweet cheeks. But I also miss breathing!" Tess merely giggled and tightened her embrace.

"Hmph," Samos grumbled under his breath as he stared at Daxter. "Seems you've really come into your own as well. Can't say I'm surprised or happy."

"Oh, go suck a lemon old man!" Daxter groused back.

Samos rolled his eyes. "But where's Jak? Didn't he come back with you?"

"Yes," Damas agreed as he raced up onto Shining's back. "I am eager to be reunited with both my sons."

"Jak's...changed a bit," Keira explained softly. "He...completed his journey as well. It...changed how some people saw him. He wants to get ready for what it will mean amongst those he knows well, and who know him well."

"Really?" Samos asked grumpily. "After everything that's happened to him, now he's worried about how we'll see him? Seriously, when is that boy going to grow up-" His voice came to a choked halt as Jak stepped through the city gates.

Jak was once more in his Sage Mode, but it was even more prominent than before. In the disturbed Eco flows of the Brink, The shape of Jak's power as a Sage was at best an afterimage that all were aware of and those with Eco Affinity could glimpse. But here, where the Eco now flowed freely and life flourished, his body underwent one last metamorphosis. His muscles were more plainly defined as the power left his chest bare. Bands of the six colors ran along his arms as his staff blazed with light. Markings in the six colors shaped a pattern of wisdom and strength, and his hair now ran back from his head to halfway down his back, waving in the air as it shimmered like an aurora from white to black, red to blue, yellow to green, and back again. Every plant in his vicinity turned towards him as he walked as though he himself were the life-giving sun.

"...I'd say he did," Damas spoke up, his voice bursting with pride.

"That he did," Samos muttered as he joined those gathered in bowing. But it wasn't a bow to a god, or to one who held the power of the world in their hands. It was the bow Jak had earned, the bow they had already awarded to him, to a role he was now truly ready for.

A bow to a king.

PreviousChapters Next