• Published 14th Sep 2015
  • 11,456 Views, 3,294 Comments

Sons of Damas - Tatsurou



Shining Armor grows up alongside Jak, working with him and Daxter to save the world.

  • ...
39
 3,294
 11,456

PreviousChapters Next
Spargus: Track

With their work done in Haven Forest, the trio made their way back to Haven HQ, Shining at the controls of their A-Grav vehicle while Jak rested in the passenger seat. Shining set them down so Jak could leap straight into the elevator, before joining him there for a ride up.

As they arrived, Ashelin was in the midst of laying out her plan. "Who knows what Errol's going to do next with that Dark Ship!" she insisted. "We have to take him out."

"And you have a plan to do that?" Jak asked curiously. "Facing him wasn't exactly a walk in the park last time. I still don't know how I do half of this stuff I pull off in the heat of the moment, and I can't repeat it on command."

"Don't worry Jak, my plan doesn't include the new abilities you've demonstrated," Ashelin hastened to reassure him. "I wouldn't risk you that recklessly...even though the plan is risky."

"You say that like it's news," Daxter joked.

"We're kinda used to taking insane risks by now," Shining added playfully. "Though maybe the risks here will only be deranged, if just for variety?"

Jak chuckled at Daxter and Shining's antics. "So what is the plan?" he asked.

"Torn and Jinx will be driving a vehicle filled with explosives into the Metalhead section of the city to blow up the nest," Ashelin explained. "You three will provide cover, and make sure the explosives reach their destination without being blown up before then."

"And Torn and Jinx back safe and sound?" Jak clarified firmly.

Ashelin looked away. "Jak...I know you'll hate hearing this...but their survival is not a priority for this mission, and they both already know it. If it's a choice between completing the mission or keeping them alive-"

"There's a reason there's three of us," Shining interrupted stubbornly. "I'll just ride with them and keep them shielded."

Ashelin sighed. "Alright, if you insist," she relented at last. "Jak, you and Daxter will be in a new gunship right behind them, keeping them covered, along with Sig."

"Oh, good!" Daxter proclaimed. "Maybe Jak will actually have time to recover before we get to the next big mission."


With Shining shielding the explosives craft, the mission was pulled off without a hitch, delivering the explosives straight into the heart of the Metalhead nest and blasting open a path into the tower. As the vehicle came to a halt, Sig pumped his fist. "Oh yeah!" he proclaimed proudly. "They're hurting now!" Grinning eagerly, he tossed Jak a Super Nova modification for the Morph Gun, a Dark Eco powered rocket launcher. Jinx was handing Shining his. "Move and groove, chili peppers!"

"Time to clean house!" Jak purred as he clambered out of the vehicle. "Ready to rock, Dax?"

"Wait...we're going in there?" Daxter gasped out. He glanced around for a bit, then sighed. "Yeesh, who am I kidding? You'd totally get lost without me. Let's go!"

Chuckling, Jak and Shining raced in, Daxter hitching a ride as usual. They paused near the entrance, however, as just inside was a Light Eco vent. "Okay, why is there a Light Eco vent in the Metalhead nest?" Jak asked, confused.

"Knowing our luck, because there will be time-stop puzzles," Shining joked.

The interior of the tower was heavily organic in structure, a blend of twining wood and what looked like Metalhead excretions shaping the walls and pathways, several walls covered with clusters of Metalhead eggs. The only illumination came from small yellow crystals lining the paths and the walls, giving just enough light to see by and no more. The hostiles were a mix of strange blue scorpion-like crawlers that sometimes fused together into larger forms and the flying Troopers the flowers had spat out in the Forest, along with a few non-flying Troopers. The trio kept up a defensive posture, blasting away with their weapons as they slowly climbed up the spiraling tower path.

Jak and Shining quickly discovered the most efficient strategy was to equip the Beam Reflexor and fire rapidly, filling the corridors with bouncing lasers that tore through the enemies. With two weapons going off, the only major obstacle proved to be wide pits Jak had to use his new Light Wings to fly across with Daxter on his shoulder, while Shining teleported across. Occasionally, new paths only opened when all the enemies in the area had been killed, though this didn't prove problematic for the group.

When they reached the very top of the tower, they found Errol waiting, staring into a pulsating purple field. He apparently had managed to get a new arm to replace the one Jak had torn off. "Ah, my little friends have come to see me off," he taunted playfully. "I'd love to stay and chat, but I have an appointment with the most powerful beings in the universe."

"Sorry, but my schedules a bit full," Jak teased.

"Same here," Daxter added.

"I can maybe squeeze you in next Tuesday," Shining offered jokingly.

Errol rolled his eyes. "Your taunting is amusing, but I've already awakened the Dark Maker ship. When I come back, I will be wielding the very power of the Precursors! I'll see you soon boys."

"How soon?" Jak asked curiously. "So we know how long we have to 'scurry helplessly' and 'futilely try to stop you'?"

"By sunrise tomorrow, it will be too late for all of you!" Errol proclaimed mockingly, leaping through the portal.

Bending down, Jak took the Dark Eco Crystal from the niche where it was being used to power the portal.

"Well, that's not much time..." Daxter murmured.

"Except that it's sunrise now," Jak murmured. "We've got a whole day. That's more than enough time."

The entire tower began to shake. "We should get out of here!" Shining shouted out.

"Over here!" Sig called through an opening in the side of the tower, where he was riding in an aerial vehicle.

The trio quickly leapt in as the top of the tower exploded as the portal within went haywire, and Sig gave them a lift back to the ground, so they could meet with the others to plan out the final conflict.

PreviousChapters Next