• Published 3rd Sep 2015
  • 195 Views, 2 Comments

Little Bother - GreySlate



A Story of Two Colts Journey Through Life Together

  • ...
 2
 195

February 17, 2000

"We're here. Wake up."

He was such a cute little foal. His tiny hooves, tiny tail, tiny head, and huge eyes. He didn’t move. I had to watch from behind a plastic screen. I was only three and I saw the baby that my mommy had had in her for months, lying there in the little bed. He didn’t look like me. He’s face was blue and purple and he didn’t move very much. Grandma brought me to see the new baby. She heard mommy was going to have him, and so she rushed over here. I was so excited that I fell asleep in the cart. She woke me up at the hospital. I wanted so badly to see the new baby. But they wouldn’t let me hold him, like mommy promised. He looked sad and asleep. The little light on the blanket wasn’t on like the other babies’ blankets. He was quiet and still. Mommy said that baby was sick and had to stay here. So, Grandma took me home. Before I got back on the elevator, I ran back to mommy and told her to get better soon, and bring baby home so I could keep him warm and happy. She teared up, and whispered, “OK, honey. I promise.”