• Published 22nd Aug 2015
  • 14,192 Views, 1,970 Comments

A Beautiful New Age - JDPrime22



As it is said, true peace can only be granted through countless innocent lives. In hindsight, the ponies were never that different from humans. Ultron’s plan is not over, and soon his strings will be severed for the last time.

  • ...
22
 1,970
 14,192

PreviousChapters Next
Epilogue 3-Heroes Don’t Get Any Bigger

“It’s not that I don’t admit it as impossible, it’s just… Oh, so now you want to talk about impossible! What? …Why would I…? …I haven’t the slightest idea to what you’re referring to, and I have much more important things to be doing. You’re even more deluded than I could’ve imagined, Stark.”

Doctor Hank Pym turned off his phone after that remark, not even caring what the billionaire had to say to that. Reaching over, Pym placed his phone on the nearby table, careful to mind the pain in his arm. His eyes shifted across the pictures laid across the table, remaining there for a moment before retreating forward.

Was it possible? He thought back to the call, to everything Stark had told him. Leaning back in his chair, Hank rubbed his chin and delved deeper into the subject.

…Where was he going with this? The kind of technology Stark wanted was damn near impossible. It would be more believable in the realms of science fiction but here, real life? It didn’t seem plausible. Then again, he had already heard of Stark’s so-called adventure in “another world”, a world filled with colorful, talking equines. Apparently he was one of the few who were given the truth.

After their fiasco at the Avengers Facility a few weeks ago, Scott had been getting some calls for a new job. Top secret stuff, but Scott didn’t mind telling Pym all about it. He’d be lying if he hadn’t gotten a few calls himself. Especially today. Word got around, Scott learned some stuff he probably shouldn’t have, and the next thing Pym knew Scott was blabbing his mouth to Hank, his daughter, and Hope.

Scott’s daughter especially liked the part about the talking equines.

The Avengers didn’t seem to mind Scott telling a few family members—thank Christ he didn’t tell those three wombats—and Hank and his daughter Hope. It seemed they had their own mess to deal with, what with the events of Sokovia and the aftermath of that disaster.

Hank’s hands fell down to rest in his lap, his eyes staring at the ceiling. If only he was given the responsibility for creating Ultron...then maybe things would have been a little different. Definitely for the better. But if it meant working with Stark…

Speaking of which, since Scott liked to keep talking, word got to the Avengers about the suit. It all eventually reached Stark in the end one way or another, the one man Pym tried his damnedest to keep the suit away from. It didn’t take long for Stark to put two and two together and finally connect the dots, all leading to Hank Pym connected with the suit.

Soon enough, Pym started getting calls he didn’t want to get, each one from Stark, each one offering a different proposal but ending the same way.

Stark wanted him to create a transdimensional device, one that could allow those to travel to different worlds by command. Since Thor, the God of Thunder that Pym’s heard so much about, is busy in Asgard from now on, they cannot use the Tesseract to travel between the worlds. Either that, or just help in finding the suitable fragments needed to create some sort of gateway. Stark was very thorough with what he was referring to.

He promised him wealth, fame, and of course recognition for being the first person to construct a portal to a whole other alien world. Except Hank had all of those things…minus the latter, so he denied Stark’s requests again and again with the same answer.

It was impossible. And he could still hear Stark’s response to that very statement.

“Wasn’t shrinking a man to the size of an insect impossible?”

Hank stared up at his ceiling, playing with his fingers, lost in thought. He thought towards the alien invasion in New York a few years back and how a portal hung above the city, bringing in creatures from another world. He thought to the events of Sokovia, to the fragments and supplies Stark needed, and finally to those words pestering him again and again. He kept thinking until the clock struck five in the afternoon, the sun dipping down behind the clouds.

Then he stopped thinking…and looked towards his phone. He kept hearing those same words over and over.

He picked it off the table and dialed a number, bringing the phone to his ear and listening to the ring. After about three rings of nothing, he finally heard a disgruntled “hello” on the other end, the voice heavy. Hank ignored it, instead remembering why he called in the first place.

“Scott, I need you to come on over for a few days. There’s something I might want to work on, and it involves two things…”

Scott replied, “Which would be…?”

“You bringing over that suit because we might need to steal a few things…” Hank closed his eyes and stopped breathing. He couldn’t believe he was saying it. “…and ponies.”

“…Makes sense. Can I bring Cassie?”

“Scott, we’re stealing stuff.”

“Right. Stupid question… But still…”

“Scott.”

“Got it.”

“You’re an idiot.”

“Yep.”

“What does my daughter see in you?”

“No clue.”

Author's Note:

I'm sorry. Everything's been real stressful moving into college and adjusting to it all. I just wanted you guys to know that. Stay tuned for future updates.

PreviousChapters Next