• Published 5th Aug 2015
  • 1,524 Views, 9 Comments

The Love of a Farm Pony - Fiction Quill



The human Allen has been living in Equestria for a year and a half now he has been living with the apple family and he has had hs eyes set on a certain farm pony and he hopes he can impress her but does miss element of honesty feel the same?

  • ...
3
 9
 1,524

The CMC's Task and Middle of Recuperation

Applebloom rushes into town and to Sugarcube Corner where Sweetiebelle and Scootaloo are waiting for her. Once she sees them she waves and they sit down and they each order a milkshake to talk about what crusading they are going to do today to earn their cutie marks, but Applebloom intervened in the middle of the conversation remembering the important task that was given to them.

"Girls, Allen just gave us a really important task for us to do its nothing big but its still very important to him this is a big responsibility he is giving us!" the other two look at her in excitement.

"COOL!" Sweetiebelle and Scootaloo said in unison. Scootaloo sits her milkshake down to speak.

"So what's this task he wants us to do?" Applebloom look at the two with a serious stare.

"He has two outfits that he needs us to pick up at Carousel Boutique besides his work duds he has on now those are the only other two outfits he has and he can't get them himself because he is sick and can't get out of bed for a couple of weeks, so he is giving us this opportunity to show we are responsible and having us pick it up for him." Sweetiebelle got excited knowing what Applebloom was talking about.

"Oh yeah i remember seeing my sister Rarity working on some clothes yesterday. She said that they were for Allen. She was worried why he hadn't came and got them yet." Scootaloo smirks and crosses her hooves.

"This will be easy." She smiled confidently but Applebloom continued to show them how serious this was.

"This wont be as easy as you think Scootaloo we have to get these outfits to him today and we can't let them get damaged at all. This is precious cargo we will be carrying. If we want to be responsible then we absolutely cannot fail in this task. Plus i don't want him being disappointed in us." Scootaloo's face changes to a more serious yet still confident one.

"Well in that case we need to take this more seriously than we do when trying to get our cutie marks." Sweetiebelle also shows seriousness and confidence in her face.

"Well what are we waiting for lets go get those outfits and bring them to Allen!"

They all finished their milkshakes and high hoofed each other and yelled in unison " YEAH!"

The CMC arrived at the Carousel Boutique and went inside to talk to Rarity. Applebloom was the first to say something. "Hey Rarity Allen sent us to pick up his clothes for him." Rarity looked at the crusaders nervously.

"Ah well... I don't think that would be a wise decision girls these outfits are very important and i really don't want to risk seeing them get ruined. "Applebloom pulled out a note and showed it to Rarity.

"it's from Allen he said to hand it to you in case you were hesitant in handing us the outfits." Rarity lifted it from Applebloom with her magic and began to read it. The note read.

Dear Rarity,
I Sent the CMC to pick up my outfits for me. I am sick and in bed so i am unable to get them myself plus the girls want to learn to be responsible so i am giving them the opportunity. Applebloom guaranteed me that she and her friends will deliver them safely and unharmed and i trust Applebloom and her friends. This was my idea so please let them show they can be responsible i know you will make the right choice.
From, Allen.

Rarity gave a smile and a little sigh. "Alright girl just be EXTRA careful with them i worked hard on these outfits." As she went to hand them the outfits she saw how serious the CMC looked and she was completely awe in shock by how serious they were. Especially Sweetiebelle.

"I promise sister we WILL bring the clothes to him in tact no matter what!" Scootaloo stepped in and started to speak.

"We pledge our honor as Cutie Mark Crusaders that we WILL NOT fail!" and Applebloom stepped forward to speak.

"Not just as Cutie Mark Crusaders but as Allen's friends we WILL complete this task-" the other two stepped in at the last moment and they all yelled in unison.

RESPONSIBLY!" Rarity started to tear up realizing that the girls were beginning to grow up and she hugged them all but she hugged Sweetiebelle the most.

"I-I am so proud of you girls! now make me even more proud by doing just what you pledged to do!" she said excitingly.

All three yelled in unison. "YES MA'AM!" They grabbed the box of Clothes and rushed out the door to Sweet Apple Acres.

You are laying in bed drawing on your sketchpad the scene before you out your window of Applejack working out in the orchard. You let out a happy sigh as you watched her work.

"So beautiful." In the distance you see the CMC running up to the house and you are shocked to see them all banged up and dirty.

The CMC enters your bedroom and set the box down gently. Applebloom pushes the box over to you as the other two sit down and rest.

"Just as i promised Allen we brought your clothes here in tact." She wasn't lying. You opened the box and saw your clothes in perfect condition. You were even more shocked to see that the CMC had scrapes and bruises but your clothes weren't damaged at all and neither was the box.

"Girls why do you look so beat up? i would have imagined that the clothes would be at least damaged a little with how you are in pretty poor condition yourselves." They giggled a little and smiled.

"Well we ran into some trouble along the way but we didn't let anything happen to your clothes or box." You shake your head and smile and pull the girls into a hug.

"Girls i am very proud of you for showing such responsibility, but please next time try not get yourself hurt or anything it hurts me to see my three favorite fillies hurt like this" They smiled brightly and hugged you back.

"We promise!" they said in unison. You smiled and set them down on the floor.

"Good! Now run along and do some crusading just don't over do it alright?"

"We won't." they said again in unison as they smiled and ran off to do some crusading.

Later on in the day Applejack comes in to give you your second dose of medicine for the day.

"How are ya feelin' sugarcube?" She smiles as you take your medicine.

You smile at her with a grateful expression "A lot better Applejack its because you are doing such a great job in taking care of me" She blushes lightly as she smiles.

"Just doing my part in taking care of a friend." She smiles as sits down next to you.

"Yeah a friend." You thought. What she doesn't realize is you want to be more than friends. You have had a crush on her for a long time now, but after her saving your life and taking care of you, you realize you are in love with Applejack. Everyday you spend all your free time thinking about her and how wonderful and how beautiful she is. But then you think back to those words she used "a friend" you thought again. You begin to believe that she will see you as nothing more than a friend which tore you up inside. You lay down and roll over in an attempt to hide your tears and Applejack looks at you concerned.

"Allen? Are you alright?" You clear your throat to hide the pain you are feeling.

"Yeah i am fine just tired is all. I am going to get some sleep. I will see you tomorrow." Applejack sounded a little disappointed but she nodded in understanding.

"Well alright. Goodnight sugarcube." You tell her goodnight before she leaves. leaving you in the solitude of your room.

In the morning you decided you need some fresh air so you get up to go for a walk and you need somepony to talk to so make a trip to the Carousel Boutique. You were dressed in your new casual clothes which Applejack has yet to see. When you went out for a walk everyone was still asleep except Granny Smith. She didn't mind you going for a walk as long as you were careful, besides you can't get any better by staying cooped up in a house all day. You wanted to leave this early so you can get sometime by yourself it was nice being around Applejack and all, but you can't help but feel that the pony you love most might never see you as anything but a friend.

When you get to the Boutique you notice the sign says CLOSED. You think about leaving thinking Rarity might not be home or still asleep until you heard hooves walking around inside. You knock on the door to the Boutique and you hear Rarity's voice behind the door before she opens it.

"Cant you read?! the sign says close-OH Allen! i am terribly sorry i didn't know it was you at the door please do come in." She gives an apologetic smile before letting you inside.

You give her a reassuring smile showing its OK. "It's alright Rarity, but i figured you would be open by now."

"Well i normally would be but since i don't have any big orders to fill i thought i might take the day off and relax, and speaking of relaxing how are you feeling? has your fever gone down at all?" She gives me a concerned look.

"I take it you heard it from A.J,?" You look at her curiously.

"Why yes i did she was so worried about you and as was i in fact we all were darling. So what brings you over here?" She gestures you to sit down.

"Well actually Rarity i need someone to talk to i have been feeling down since last night" You sit down but you decided to stare at the floor to hide the pain in your eyes.

"Why whatever is the matter Darling? What's got you so upset? Wait! did Applejack reject your feelings?!" She watches you curiously waiting for a response.

"Well actually that's the thing i haven't told her yet. i tried to impress her like we promised and i did it by-" Rarity cut you off by finishing your sentence.

"By over-working yourself?" You give a simple nod to answer her question.

"A week ago i showed her how appreciative i was for her taking care of me by giving her best hug i ever gave to her or anyone else i practically held her but last night she said something that just broke my heart into a thousand pieces she said "just doing my part in taking care of a friend." Tears start streaming from your eyes as you try not to look at Rarity.

"Oh darling i am so sorry but maybe she does like you but she probably thinks you don't like her back have you ever thought of that?" The tears stop as you look at her in surprise and confusion.

"I never really thought of that, but how can you be so sure Rarity?" You look at her waiting for an answer.

"Well to be honest darling i am not but the only way you will know is if you confess and ask her if she feels the same." You sit there and start to think.

"Your right." She nods happy knowing she got her point across.

"Of course i am darling. Now if you will excuse me i am supposed to meet Fluttershy at the spa. We do this once every week." You wave goodbye to Rarity as you are leaving Carousel Boutique and you start to think to yourself.

"Could Applejack really have feelings for me?"