• Published 5th Aug 2015
  • 1,525 Views, 9 Comments

The Love of a Farm Pony - Fiction Quill



The human Allen has been living in Equestria for a year and a half now he has been living with the apple family and he has had hs eyes set on a certain farm pony and he hopes he can impress her but does miss element of honesty feel the same?

  • ...
3
 9
 1,525

The Beginning of Recuperation

Applebloom and Big Mac stare at you with concern. Applejack lays a damp cold rag on your forehead as you breathe heavily still unconscious. Applejack being the one most worried as she sits down beside you while you are in bed waiting for Zecora to come and give you some herbal medicine.

"Just hang in there sugarcube. Zecora is on her way with some medicine." Applebloom looks at Applejack with concern.

"Is he going to be alright Applejack? He isn't gonna die is he?" Applejack look at her sister with reassurance.

"i sure hope not Applebloom his fever is getting mighty worse. He pushed himself too hard, but i am not leaving until i know for certain that he is alright. Big Mac can you finish bucking the rest of the apples while i take care of Allen?" She looked over at Big Mac waiting for an answer.

Big Mac simply nodded. "Eeyup." after his answer he went to finished Applejack's chores no sooner did he leave Zecora walked through the door.

"Applejack what is all of the commotion? And why is your face filled with sad emotion?" Zecora asked looking at the saddened and stressed Applejack.

"It's as i said Zecora. Allen has a high fever and it seems to be getting worse. I don't know what to do. Can you help him?" Applejack looked at Zecora with pleading eyes.

Zecora went and checked your temperature and her eyes grew wide. "Allen's temperature is much too high, if he doesn't take some medicine soon then he will surely die."

Tears started to form in Applejack's eyes as she pleaded to Zecora. "Please Zecora save him i can't bare to lose a friend! He has helped out so much and he has gotten so close with me and my friends." Tears started to flow freely as Applebloom walked up and hugged her sister to comfort her.

Zecora gave Applejack a reassuring smile. "Do not worry miss Applejack everything will be alright. Just give him this medicine twice a day and let him get some rest and relaxation for a few days and nights. He needs to rest for a couple of weeks or so and then he will be as good as new this i surely know." She handed Applejack the medicine and she gave Zecora a hug before the zebra turned and left.

"Thank you so much Zecora." Zecora simply smiled as she went back home into the Everfree Forest.

Applejack quickly gave you some medicine and sighed in relief as your breathing started to become calmer. "Thank Celestia that you are going to be alright." She smiled as she dipped the rag back in the cold water and put it back on your forehead to keep your body cool.

You woke up early the next morning to see you were lying in bed with a cold wet rag on your head. "What happened? And why do i feel like i got hit by a train?" You put your hand on the edge of the bed only to feel a soft hoof on the bed next to you. You turned to look and you saw Applejack sitting in the floor with her head and front hooves laying on the edge of the bed sleeping soundly. You can't help but smile and feel appreciative knowing that Applejack is so concerned about you. You run your hand through her blonde mane and she lets out a content sigh in her sleep. Not wanting to wake her up you lay back down gently and just stare up towards the ceiling, however your movement causes Applejack to sit up quickly and she notices you are awake and she leaps and hugs you tightly with a big smile on her face.

"Allen! Oh thank Celestia you are alright i was worried sick about you!" You lay there shocked for a few moments but return the hug.

After a few minutes you let go of each other and look at her with confusion. "So what happened A.J.? I know i was busting my rump in the orchard gathering as many apples as i can but then everything suddenly when dark."

Applejack looked at you with tears filling her eyes. "You blacked out while working in the orchard. I ran over to see what was wrong and when i checked you was running a mighty high fever. I took you in to the house as quickly as i could while Applebloom set up your bed and Big Mac got some cold water and a rag to keep you cooled down. Afterwards i sent word to Zecora to come here immediately it was an emergency. She said that if you didn't take any medicine soon that you would die. I was so scared i thought you wasn't going to make it, but she had the medicine we needed and i gave it to you the instant she handed it to me and i guess i was so worried that i ended up falling asleep right here."

You grab her and pull her into another hug the biggest hug you have ever given her "Applejack thank you i don't know what to say. If it wasn't for you i would be dead right now. I guess i pushed myself too hard and over-work myself. I owe you big time Applejack." She blushes heavily and returns the hug happily.

"Think nothing of it sugarcube you are my friend i would hate to see such a good friend die on me like that." her blush subsides before she pulls away and looks at you with a big smile "So what would you like for breakfast?" You look at her and frown.

"Applejack i should be the one making you breakfast after saving my life i couldn't ask you to-" You were cut off when Applejack put a hoof to your mouth.

"Oh fiddle sticks it was my pleasure, besides Zecora's orders are for you to stay in bed for a couple of weeks so that's just what you are going to do!" She looks at you sternly and seriously and you let out a sigh of defeat remembering that she is just as stubborn as you if not more.

"Alright A.J, you win." she smiles at her victory but mostly due to the fact that you was going to let her take care of you.

"So? what will it be?" she looks at you excitedly

"Well if its not too much to ask can you make me some apple muffins?" You look at her with a goofy smile on your face.

She giggles and nods. "i will go make a batch right now." but before she leaves you stop her to ask another question.

"Could you also send Applebloom up here? I need her to go pick something up for me in town."

She smiles and calls for Applebloom. As Applejack leaves the room Applebloom walks in with a giddy smile on her face. "Oh good! You are awake! we was worried about you Allen. Do ya need somethin?"

You nod as you smile "Yes i have an important task for you and the rest of the Cutie Mark Crusaders." Appleblooms eyes gleam with excitement.

"Really?! What is it?" she starts to bounce up and down excitedly.

You chuckle at her excitement as you explain the rest. "Its not a very big task but its still important to me none the less. I need you, Sweetiebelle, and Scootaloo to pick up a couple of outfits for me at the Carousel Boutique and bring them to me in top condition. Besides my work duds those are the only clothes i will have and i can't go and get them i need to stay in bed for a couple of weeks so i can get better. I am giving you three this task because i trust you and i believe you can handle it please don't let me down Applebloom." She nods with a seriously look on her face as she salutes you.

"Yes sir Allen sir! The Cutie Mark Crusaders wont let you down we will take good care of the merchandise and bring them to you unharmed!" you smile and nod as you salute her back and hand her a note.

"That's what i like to hear Crusader! If rarity is hesitant in giving you the merchandise hand her this note and she should understand. now move out!"

Sir yes sir!" She rushes out excitedly as she giggles happy at the thought of how you show her trust and gave her an important task and she runs to get Sweetiebelle and Scootaloo. Applejack giggles at the site and brings in your Apple muffins.

"You sure know how to motivate Applebloom and make her happy." You smile as you begin to eat the muffins and drink the Apple cider she brought you.

"She just wants a chance to show she can be responsible too and that's why i ask her to do these things for me to give her some sort of responsibility." She nods in understanding and she sits down to keep you company as you eat breakfast.