• Published 26th Dec 2011
  • 459 Views, 0 Comments

Beyond the Unknown - n



Don't know where it is going so don't ask lol

  • ...
 0
 459

Oddity

Chapter 1 – Oddity

Fluttershy was there under the tawny roof close to the border of the Evergreen Forest. You slowly crept by hoping to get into the forest without her noticing. As far as you were concerned, she had supernatural powers, and letting animals see you would tip her off. If Fluttershy found you again, you would never be able to return.

Before you entered the forest, you looked back at the town that had given you so much. Then you turned your head to look at the cottage. Nodding your head, you gave thanks. You wished you could have stayed, but you knew you had to leave. The call was irresistible to you, and you had the feeling this was your last chance.

Then you heard the faint hooting in the distance. You cursed under your breath. If an owl had seen you, then maybe Fluttershy knew. You had to hurry. Crashing through the thick bramble hurt, but not enough to deter you in your mad dash to the relic.

You heard the faint hooting in the distance again. This time, you knew instinctively that Fluttershy was coming.

By this time, you were already at the relic. A primal magic rose within you, and poured out of your glowing horn. The relic took on the glow, and began to rise out of the ground with a dull rumble. You stepped back slightly, in awe of the sight that you were now beholding before you. This meant that you were not fast enough to evade Fluttershy, as she dashed into you, eyes closed. Momentarily distracted, you lost control of the magic. Frantically, you tried to save it, but it didn’t work. The relic slowly sunk back into its original position, and you let out a brief sigh. It was time to deal with Fluttershy.
Surprisingly, Fluttershy spoke up first.

“Why did you do it?”

This question stung the most. You didn’t want to explain yourself, in fact, you were more afraid of what they would do to you if you did. So you stayed silent.

“Why are you trying to escape?”

This question stung too. More because you felt like you had somehow looked down upon Ponyville’s hospitality.

You knew that Fluttershy did not mean to hurt you, she never meant to hurt anypony, or anything for that matter. But inside you, you could feel your heart tearing. This was your last chance, so you did it. Something that would change everything. You cast a spell on Fluttershy so she would fall unconscious, so you could go without her questions weighing on your conscience, and avoiding her Stare. It was also party because you knew you had deeper feelings for her.
Your horn glowed again, as you reactivated the relic. This time, you were sure you could make it. There was nothing else to interfere. But the relic itself, was already used, and you sighed. Now you would have to explain yourself to everypony, especially Fluttershy, since you were so cruel to her.

Slowly, you trudged your wake back to Ponyville, Fluttershy slowly levitating behind you. Your head was dipped in shame.

While you were trotting, the sun started to rise, casting its purple glow over the path that you had become quite familiar with while staying at Ponyville. Fortunately, no one saw you as you entered the hospital, where you left Fluttershy, and debated what to do next. Maybe you could start over in Manehatten, maybe Canterlot.

Not that it mattered. Ponyville would be the only place you could ever call a home. It was hard enough to fit in with the accepting denizens of Ponyville. Who knew what would go on inn some of the other parts of Equestria. You weren't sure you wanted to leave anymore. The idea that apologizing would be much easier was beginning to grow on you. So you gave up, and went over to the library, and see what Twilight Sparkle had to say. Granted, Twilight wasn't necessarily the most social pony, but she certainly had a large knowledge base, and could keep a secret fairly well. The only other pony that could keep a secret was more liable to throw a party than actually help you.

A quick knock on the door gave nothing. You groaned, and facehoofed in frustration. You should have known. The pair keeping the library in order weren't exactly early risers by any standards. The only known time Twilight ever got up early was when she was overexcited for Winter Wrap up. Even then, her assistant, Spike the purple dragon, would have never gotten up.

You tried knocking harder, but to no avail. Sighing, you sat at the doorway, and waited for the day to come. Then you got up and went back to the hospital, suddenly wanting to see Fluttershy again.

Where you had left Fluttershy, was empty space. You sighed with relief, since someone had noticed. At the desk was Nurse Redheart.

“Where is Fluttershy?”

“Room three hundred two”

You took off to find Fluttershy. There was something you wanted to say.

By the time you actually found the room, having never been in through the winding corridors of the hospital before, you were gasping for breath. Slowly, you snuck in.

There Fluttershy was, sleeping soundly it seemed, on the soft hospital bed.

It seemed like a bad idea to try to wake her up, so you started to write a note instead. This was a relief, since you didn't really want to talk to her at the moment.

Then she started to stir. This caused you to start panicking. You didn't know what to do if she saw you. Quickly, you tried to finish the note. Then you breathed the sigh of relief when Fluttershy did not get up. Calmly, you returned to writing your note.

You looked at Fluttershy's face one last time.

“I'm sorry,” you said to no one in particular. Then you left your note on the table besides Fluttershy. Daylight started streaming through the window, casting a golden glow on Fluttershy. You were entranced by the sight of Fluttershy bathed in a golden aura, like an angel, but you managed to break away.

The door closed gently shut behind you.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment