• Published 9th Jul 2015
  • 2,193 Views, 53 Comments

Twilight's journey - Skarsnik



Follow the story of Spike and his assitant helping a lost lavender alicorn

  • ...
11
 53
 2,193

Chapter 8 - Past

“And here, is your house. We added a bed as you asked for your assistant’s sister. I hope she will get better. Here the keys, you have two hours before the meeting with the parents” The voice was from an earth pony stallion wearing white collar. it was clean and looked new, probably because it was not used very often Spike though.

“Thank you, Major” Spike grabbed the offered keys.

“I will see you at the town hall. Professor Spike, Lord & Lady Scroll” the stallion saluted each of them, then left.

Spike opened the door of a two story chalet. There were in a town where most of the inhabitant were lumberjacks, so lot of house were made of wood. The three of them entered and put down their luggages. Twilight removed her hooded cloak and put it on a hook on the wall.

Emerald gave a look of false indignation at Spike. “Why I am not surprised you tell him to call me Lord, I am just the heir, my father is Lord Scroll.”

Spike rolled his eyes “As he will have call you otherwise after your formal greeting, I already told you to stop doing that.” He pointed at the stallion’s expensive suit. It had two strokes of green and yellow near the collar “and I thought you let’s that in Canterlot.”

The stallion raised his snoot in the air, “It’s important to always make a first good impression.”

Twilight giggled at what looked like a repeated routine “You seen to get along very well.”

“When you travel and have to share the same house every town, you have to,” Emerald replied with a smile.

“Do you want to choose your room Twilight so you can rest?” Spike asked after removing the last bag from his back.

Twilight looked at Spike with an annoyed expression “I am tired of sleeping all day.”

“Ok, but at least we can put your belonging in”

The alicorn sighed, “Fine.”

“So the mayor told me the house has two bedrooms upstair, but they put a bed in a room that was an office in the main floor.”

Twilight eyed Spike’s frame and said, “It’s hard to imagine you are not sleeping in a basket anymore.”

“I prefer sleeping in a bed. It will be hard to find a basket in my size now” Spike chuckled.

Twilight paused and point a hoof at the stairs “I think I prefer upstair.”

“I will take the room here” said Emerald. He grabbed his luggage and went into the converted desk room.

Spike went upstair followed by Twilight, he was caring her suitcase. Twilight choose the first bedroom, and the drake put her suitcase on her bed. When they entered the room, there were already clean blankets and sheets provided by the town.

Spike opened a drawer “I will let you install yourself, if you have any trouble-”

Twilight cut off Spike, stomping the floor with one hoof, anger in her voice “I know I can call for help.”

Spike took a step back, “Wow easy Twilight.”

“I am sorry Spike, I am angry at myself, I feel so helpless. I understand that I have to recover from whatever happened to me, but still it’s not right!” she punctuated this by another stomp on the floor.

“You cared for me for years Twilight, even when I was complaining, let me return the favor.”

“About that, you know the worst? What Emerald told me?” Twilight looked at Spike with teary eyes “He said you were my son, but I don’t remember. Did I was a good mother to you? I feel like I never treat you like my son.”

Spike put his arms around Twilight to hug her, “Don’t worry Twilight, maybe you only saw me as your assistant”, tears of happiness started flowing from his eyes, “but for me you are the best mother.”

The alicorn started to cry, “I am... sorry Spike, I left you for all this years… I am sorry”, tears were falling free on Spike’ scales as the alicorn hugged him tightly in return.

“It’s alright, you are here now” Spike patted the alicorn head. Both cried on each other arms saying nothing more, the dragon crying of happiness and the alicorn crying of unknow regrets. Spike waited for the alicorn to stop crying before breaking the embrace “Do you want to hear a story?”

Twilight looked Spike in his eyes, “A story?”

“I own Emerald a story about me, do you want to hear that?”

Twilight paused for a while before answering “I will be glad to listen, but are you sure?”

Spike understanding the implication of Twilight question, he just replied “Don’t worry about that, I will cut some... part, and there is still twenty years you couldn’t know at all!”

Twilight wiped her eyes with one hoof “Thank you Spike.”

Spike paused to think, a claw resting on his chin, his lips pressed in a tight line, “Come to think of this, I will not have time before the meeting, so let’s finish setting up. I will tell you after the meeting is over, do you want to come?”

Twilight didn’t answer, she blinked a few time but let out a small giggle “Are you sure you are my baby dragon? I don’t remember Spike being so serious.”

Spike’s face displayed a large smile, “Maybe I got that from my mother” they both started laughing together, it was childish but it was relaxing for them. It was a way for Twilight to forget for a moment all her trouble and questions. And for Spike it was a relief to see her mother smiling.

Spike left Twilight in her room. He get back upstair to get his luggage, smiling like a child even if he was much older than the young unicorn watching him downstair.

“I think I never see you so happy before, even with the fillies” said Emerald when Spike reached the bottom of the stair.

“Haha, Let’s say I have an interesting conversation with my mother” Spike let the last word trayed in his mind, he liked the sound of it now that it was not a sad memory.

“Is she alright? I heard a stomping nose.”

“Don’t worry, I even promise her a story”, Spike replied before grabbing his bags and getting back upstair, leaving the green stallion confused on his last words.

The time of the meeting was approaching. They had unpacked their bags. Spike and Emerald had checked what the town has already provided as food. Both of them had taken a shower and were in the living room starting planning the next week. They had agreed to let Twilight took care of herself to give her intimacy so she didn’t feel to have to rely too much on them, hoping she will call for help if needed.

It was already ten minutes since they could heard nose of running and splashing water from the bathroom upstair. She has insisted to try to clean herself, but Spike convinced her to let the door half open so they could hear her.

The splashing sound stopped and there was minute of silence before they could heard a shout from Twilight “Gah, Stupid hooves!, stupid towels!”

Spike and Emerald rushed at the door of the bathroom, Spike was the first to talk “Is everything alright?”

“How earth ponies and pegasus manage to dry themselves? How I supposed to dry my back with this stupid towel?”

Spike have to admit to himself he had no idea. He has claws so it was easy to grab thing, and always lived with unicorns when he wasn’t alone. Sadly he didn’t have time to imagine an answer for Twilight, Emerald just asked “Why you don’t use your magic to carry the towel?”

There was a small pause, Spike and Emerald expected something like I can’t or I am too tired, but not “No! I don’t want...to” and not especially with the small hint of fear that was carried in the sentence. Both were shocked by the answer but they look at each other and nodded in agreement to not question the alicorn. They did not want to revive the Crystal Empire nightmare as they had called that.

Spike didn’t want to let her alone, but didn’t want to break her trust by breaking his promise to let her take care of herself. He simply asked through the door “Twilight, can I enter to help you for today?”

“...”

Taking the no reply of the alicorn as an agreement, Spike entered the bathroom. Twilight was standing on her four legs, partially dry, she was frozen staring at nothing. Spike knowing his look just grabbed the towel that was on the floor and started drying her. He talked to her to get her out from her stupor. “Twilight wake up it’s Spike”

“Hu? Ow that hurt” complained the alicorn. Spike was rubbing the towel near her wings, they were shaking from the discomfort. He stopped to apologise but he was happy she was out her stupor. Spike continued drying the alicorn more gently. He looked at her folded wings, there were already dry.

“Getting a hold on this things?” Spike pointed at her back.

“Oh the wings, not really.” The alicorn turned her head to her wings then back to Spike “The book you gave me say when they are not dirty you just need to remove the sweat with water and shake them to dry them. It was not hard, except they are still a bit stiff and tend do whatever they want. Thank for the book”

Spike shook his head “Oh no, you will have to thank Emerald for that. And yes sometime it seem wings have their own mind, I had troubles with my wings at first”

“Hu you have wings?! I don’t see them!” the alicorn tried to turn her head back and forth to see on Spike back.

Spike smiled “Don’t search them, It’s a long story about how I manage to control my grown.”

Twilight’s eyes lit up “Ho I want to know! Do you have note? What do you eat now? Can you make them appear or disappear?” Twilight’s wings were totally unfolded, fully deployed and shaking at her growing excitement.

“Haha easy Twilight, we don’t have time now” Spike tried to calm Twilight. But it was the first time he has a full look at her wings, the feathers were still not fully healthy “Wow, you really sure have nice wings, they look a bit like Cadence.”

Twilight stopped her incessant flow of questions, a bit embarrassed by the compliment. She looked at her full unfolded wings and sighed “Her own mind? Great now I have to fold them again.”

Spike just replied “Just try to relax, wings tend to match your emotion.”

“Interesting, now my assistant is giving me lesson,” Twilight paused “Alright” She extended her left front leg in this air while taking a deep breath. Then she released her breath as she bring her leg close to her chest

Spike was surprised to see Twilight doing that. He just watched while thinking, Wait, Cadence teached her that not long just before her accident, How she remember that? What she remember exactly? That doesn’t seem to make sense.

The alicorn repeated the motion multiple time and her wings folded themselves. They were almost resting on her back when a voice behind the ajar door said:

“I don’t want to interrupt you, but will be late for the meeting.”

Spike just watched the alicorn’s wings deploying again and he thought Oh no.

Emerald watched the door of the bathroom open, nearly slapping him in the face. A purple blur passed in front of him saying “Oh no no no no” He followed the purple blur reaching the stair at full gallop, without stopping it fully opened its wings and flew downstair. what just happened? before he has time to wonder more, another purple blur with green spike pass again in front of him. This time recognizing Spike he just follow him downstair.

Twilight was trying to put her cloaked hood while shooting “Gah we are late, we are late” Spike was staring and just rolled her eyes. Emerald just gave a confused look to Spike.

“What happened? Why did she run like that?” the stallion asked.

Spike looked at the clock on the living room “Twilight, it’s alright we are not late.”

The alicorn stopped fighting with his hood “Really Spike?”

“Yes, we have five minutes left before we should go, and before you ask we have nothing to bring, nether nothing to prepare, at least for you.”

Before Twilight could answer, Emerald finally understood the issue and said “Wait she…” he paused to looked at the alicorn “you run like that because you were afraid to be late? is that a bit excessive?”

Spike laughed at Emerald phrasing, Twilight still seem confuse but Spike finally broke the silence

“Ok Twilight, do you still want to come? I mean, are you not tired?”

Now that her adrenaline rush has ended, the alicorn was showing sign of exhaustion “I... think I will go to bed”

“Should we let you sleep or can we wake you up for dinner?” asked Emerald.

The alicorn looked at Spike “I still want to hear your story Spike, so try to wake me up” Then she climbed the stairs with care.

Spike took a small bag. Emerald used his hooves to put some order in his mane. After closing the door of the house, Emerald asked Spike, “Are you sure we should let her alone?”

“Not really, but we really don’t have a choice, you know I need you for the meeting, and I rather not raise more suspicion about your sister.”

They were walking toward the center of the town when Emerald spoke “The funny thing I really have a sister, but she is only ten years old.”

“Ho I remember now, she is an earth pony right? I don’t think I see her much at your house.”

“Yes, she is quite shy for her age” the stallion paused to straighten his suit a last time “Mind me asking how old is Twilight?”

“It’s a good question, she was twenty two before her accident, so now I guess she is forty two. It’s weird, she still look the same before her accident minus the wings from what I remember.”

“I made myself the same remark. It’s maybe because she is an alicorn?”

“I don’t know, Cadance show me picture of her and Shining when they were younger before their wedding and she looked younger that she is now.”

“I guess they met when the Princess was foalsitting Twilight?”

“Haha not really, it’s a long story. It’s the second time you call her Twilight, giving up on the Miss Sparkle?”

“I better get used to it, It will be weird to call my sister Miss in public.”

They ended their conversation as they reach the town hall. It was more a house bigger than most of the other house in the town that a real proper town hall, but that was enough considering the small size of the town. They entered the main room where was waiting the major and five couples of pony.

There was only one unicorn stallion, the other were mostly earth pony and two pegasus. The mayor was on a small platform, seeing Spike and Emerald entering he invites them to go meet him.

“I present you, Professor Spike who will be in charge of your foals magic instruction, and his assistant Emerald Scroll.”

The young dragon and the unicorn climbed the small stair to reach the small stage. All the other ponies except the mayor were surprised by seeing a dragon at the first place. They were more surprised when he present himself.

“Thank you for coming, I am Professor Spike and before you say something, yes I know I am not an unicorn” it was a small joke that always ease ponies.

“And here is my assistant, Emerald Scroll who is an unicorn” Emerald stepped on the right of Spike.

Some ponies were looking at the mayor, but Spike didn’t let the ponies start ranting.

“You are probably wondering how a dragon can teach magic to unicorn, so let me at least the time to explain myself” Spike waited for the ponies in the room to relax a bit.

“To perform and learn magic, an unicorn need knowledge, practice and guidance. The knowledge is mostly theoretical, you can consider that like an algebra lesson. You don’t need to be an unicorn to understand the basics, but being a magic being helps. Good thing I am a dragon and a certified Professor

“For the practice part it’s like a muscle you have to train, so it rely on the willingness of your foals

“Probably most of your worries are for the guidance part. I am also a certified magic evaluator so I can evaluate well your foals on their progress” Spike liked the certified word, it’s a magic word for most ponies, you could be a timberwolf watching foals at a nursery if you are certified.

“But because we all know, sometime an example if better than longs explanations, my unicorn assistant, Emerald here, who is a student of the Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorn, can show any spells that will be needed.”

Spike speech didn’t get interrupted, mostly because he didn’t let any pause last long enough, it was a well worked speech he performed at each town.

“Now if you have any question outside the schedule of the next month for your foals, I will be honored to answer them.”

The ponies in the room were a bit nervous, but finally a pegasus mare made a remark to Spike, “No offence, but you look young to be a Professor.”

Spike liked this question it was a polite way for some ponies to avoid the you are dragon. He prefered to laugh at it, “Haha I often get this question, don’t worry, actually I am thirty five years old, I look young because dragon doesn’t age like pony. But I am here to teach magic to your foals not to lecture you about dragons. I can only said I was raised by ponies, I eat gems and not foals”

The ponies in the room relaxed a bit and started talking among each other. The mayor was grinning because he already get this talk with Spike. The unicorn stallion spoke to Spike and the mayor “Do we have to pay extra fee for your assistant?” the other couples stopped chatting and were nodding at the question.

Emerald was the one to answer “We understand your concern, but don’t worry it’s part of my studies, the school cover my expense”, which was partially the truth, his expanse were covered by the school and his family.

The question of the unicorn was the start real questions of parents concerned about their foals education and not pony curious about a dragon, like what they will learn and how they can help. Spike took the time to also try to learn about the fillies he would have the care.

After nearly two hours of that, Spike and Emerald were on they way to return to the house. They were interrupted by the mayor who asked Emerald “Your sister could not come?”

“No sorry, she was too tired. Is that a problem?”

“It’s none of my business, but it could have be good to have other pony see her before they start panicking seeing an unknown hooded mare wondering around.”

Spike replied “Oh sorry, we will ask her if she want to come at school tomorrow so some parent can see her, but I promise nothing. Is that good to you?”

“Thank you, I don’t want to bother you anymore. I hope she get well” on this word, the earth pony stallion returned toward the town hall.

“I didn’t expect that” was all Emerald had to say more to himself than Spike.

“We should thank him. He is right, ponies react better to the unknown if it’s already accepted by another pony” Spike let out a sigh of sadness.

“You never felt alone being not among your kind? I mean other dragon.”

“When I was a teeanger I try once to join my kind. You know? to know more about me, but dragons are jerks and cruel, so I prefer considering myself a pony and I barely never regretted it since that day.”

“Barely?” Emerald muttered “Oh sorry for thinking out loud.”

“I guess that should hurt me less now speaking about it, but when Twilight...die I didn’t take it well-”

“No it’s fine, no need to tell me, I can’t imagine what it’s like to lose someone close to you.”

“I hope that I will not happen to you”

They said nothing more for the rest on their way to the house, nether after entering the room. Spike finished some paper for the next day and Emerald went on his room to read. at least the ponies on this town seems quite tolerant, sometime the meeting with the parent does not go so well. The previous town Spike had to show his certificate and degree, that was something that always annoyed Emerald, Spike is a bucking Professor! not a second grade school teacher.

It was interrupted by Spike knocking at his door “Can you prepare something to eat while I see if I can wake Twilight?”

“Sure” Emerald closed his book and went in the kitchen to make something for dinner. Spike was soon get back upstair, hearing Spike he said through the open door of the kitchen “Still sleeping?”

“Yes, she said to try to wake up her, so I didn’t insist. I prefer she rest actually that she force herself to stay awake. She can be very stubborn sometime” Spike sighed.

Emerald had just finished gathering the ingredient so he asked “Should I make three portion or I just a big meal?”

Spike joined him in the kitchen “Let see if we can make something big as you say.”

Two hours later they were planning their stay, what to buy considering they were three and how to introduce Twilight tomorrow. They stopped when they heard the sound of hooves step descending the stair

“Hu. Did I miss dinner?” asked shyly Twilight.

“Sorry Twilight I didn’t want to force you to wake up, let me grab you something to eat.” Spike replied.

Emerald made some room on the dining table while Spike went on the kitchen. He get back with something for Twilight and sat in his chair

“So, want to hear my story?” Spike said while looking at Twilight and Emerald.

Both nodded so Spike continued “Twilight you stop me if you are not feeling well, but first I have to ask you, what do you remember and especially about the Crystal Empire?”

“I mostly remember some feeling, some faces, names. But I have trouble remembering an exact event” She looked at Spike “Like I know I hatched you, but I can’t remember. I know you were my assistant in my studies, but again it’s unclear. When I remember something new, it’s the same, I think I have something to do with the return of Princess Luna, but I have no idea on what exactly.”

“Hum, can you try to present yourself, talk about your family, your friends?” suggested Emerald.

“I can try, I am Twilight Sparkle, I am… not sure how old I am...”

“It’s alright Twilight, don’t force yourself, just talk about what you are quite sure”

“I am Princess Celestia personal student, I study magic, I grow up and live in Canterlot” she took a sip of her drink “My parent are Twilight Velvet and Night Light, both unicorn, I have a big brother Shining Armor” Twilight paused to ask Spike “are they alright?”

“Yes.”

“So, there is you, Spike my assistant, son? My friends are…” a frown start appearing on Twilight face “are...Shiny and Princess Cadance… Princess Luna.”

“Are you alright Twilight?” asked Spike with worry.

“...”

She doesn’t remember her friends? ok let talk about something else, “What do you remember about the Crystal Empire?”

“Crystal Empire? It’s an empire in the north. We save the Crystal Empire against somepony named King Sombra, leaving Prince Shining Armor and Princess Cadance rule it.. wait did I say Prince. Shiny married Cadance?”

Spike replied with a smile “Yes, it was an interesting wedding.”

“Gah, Why I don’t remember that?”

“Ok that should be enough for what I have to say”

Spike took a sip of his glass of water “So Twilight hatched me, I don’t know who is my dragon mother and father, I never asked Princess Celestia and I don’t really care. The Canterlot Castle staff raised me until Twilight was old enough to take care of me. I helped her for her studies as his assistant”

Spike looked at Twilight “When you… die, I was not feeling good, I stayed in Canterlot for nearly two years before Cadance and Shining took me to the Crystal Empire. Sorry I prefer not to talk about this two years”

Emerald and Twilight just remained silent and noded

“The Crystal Empire was a nice place for me, crystal ponies likes me and I was far away from most of the memories of Twilight” he stopped to look at Twilight “It’s not like I wanted to forget you, but it was helping to not have something that remind me you weren’t not here anymore at every corner

“I was feeling better so I started searching for something to do. I first did something familiar I was doing for Twilight. I helped in the royal library, but it was rather boring. Shining propose me to be train to be a royal guard, saying that crystal ponies will be more willing to join them if they see their savior around them. I was very clumsy at first but I had to admit Shining idea was right, more crystal ponies join the guards”

“I could have been a royal guard if for the fact it was hard for me to work with the other, not being a pony. But one day Shining spare in a fight with me and realise something was off with my way of fighting. He asked me something like that “Why are you dodging some spells and let other strike you?” and I answered “I don’t know, I just know when a spell is powerful enough to do me harm””

“What?!” Twilight shouted.

“Haha that was exactly his reaction. With the help of some professors we discover that dragon are not only very resilient to magic because of their scale, but we have a kind of understanding of what magic is. And since I live with unicorns most of my life it’s probably more developed for me that most dragon.”

“So that how you become a teacher?” The hint in Twilight’s eyes was betraying her curiosity.

“Not exactly, first I became something you don’t know, since it’s something Princess Celestia created or bring back after you die. I became a magic evaluator. it’s someone that evaluate unicorn power.”

“Hum does the guards had already something like this before?” asked Emerald.

“Not really it was something based on an officier experience, and that was enough from what Shining told me, but the Princess wanted a precise evaluation of the magic power of her army and scholar”

“What?!” Both Emerald and Twilight shouted.

“You aren’t supposed to know that, but that the truth behind this new profession” come to think of it, is that because the lost of Twilight or the lost of the Elements?

“I had to get back to Canterlot to get a proper formation to do officially this job. I didn’t want to stay a burden for the Crystal Empire all my life, you know, I wanted to be able to live on my own.”

“Being a royal guard was not your job already?” Emerald asked.

“Not really. It was more a distraction. And as I already say, I don’t fight like a pony, it would have needed special training for the other guard to work with me. I was in training because I was saw as the savior of the Crystal Empire, not because I was me. I will not lie, It felt nice to be hero, but I barely did nothing for it.”

“Don’t say that Spike, if you didn’t bring the Crystal Heart to Cadance, King Sombra would have won.” interrupted Twilight.

“Yeah I know, I had this argument enough with Cadance and Shining, but still the truth is, without you there were no Heart to bring at the first place. But I am getting off track, where I was already?”

“Canterlot?” Emerald said.

“Thank you. It took me two years to finish the formation, the first year was mainly getting some base on magic, it was a nice way to not reject me. It was boring because living with Twilight, even if you don’t want, you learn a lot about magic. At least I had a lot of free time during this year.

“After the formation, I didn’t get back in the Crystal Empire, mainly because there was not a lot of unicorn in the Crystal Empire to work with outside the Castle. I stayed a while in Canterlot and start moving in bigs city like Manehettan, where you can work for private company between public service.

“It was where I met an old teacher, he was complaining that this job was a lost of public funds that should go to get better education for young unicorn in smaller or isolated town. I didn’t think a lot at this time

“It’s only when I get back at the Crystal Empire to see my family that I start thinking more about it. Cadance had an argument with Princess Celestia, Celestia wanted to take Fairy to Canterlot to train her because her magic potential was great. Shining told me he has never see his wife this mad toward Celestia. Cadance was yelling she prefered having more funds to build more teaching facility for unicorns in the Crystal Empire, and that she wasn’t not a mother to provide a new pet for her.”

“What, who is Fairy? You said mother. I am… an aunt?” Twilight was panicked.

Emerald was more choked by the last part “New pet? No!” his eyes opened wide “you don’t mean-”

Spike cut off the two question, “Yes Twilight you are an aunt, and yes Emerald.”

“I... think I need a break, I...” Ears folded back on Twilight’s head as she left her chair.

Spike and Emerald watched Twilight get back upstair, when Twilight was out of sight Emerald said. “I shouldn’t have ask, I am stupid” and he start moving toward the stairs.

“Where are you going?” asked Spike.

“Apologize”

“I think she want to be alone”

Emerald didn’t reply to Spike. When he reach Twilight’s room, he knocked once, before he could talk he just heard.

“Should I cry now because I should be happy to have a niece or because I am a pet?”

“I am sorry Miss... Twilight”

“Is that what I am to you, is that why you call Miss, because I am Princess Celestia’s pet?!”

“No, I call you Miss because you are Twilight Sparkle, you are a national Hero, you defeated Nightmare moon and...” should I mention Discord? “save the Crystal Empire!”

“Save the Crystal Empire? It was a stupid test for me, I take it as the stupid test, I am not a hero, Cadance is right I am a pet.”

“I am sorry, I come to apologize but I make everything worse, I will leave you” Emerald get back downstair, sadness was readable on his face.

“I told you to leave her alone” Spike simply said.

“You will let her like this? Crying again?” Emerald was angry at Spike, but sad for the alicorn.

“She won’t listen.”

Emerald looked straight in Spike’s eyes “How you can know?”

“How do you think ponies see me when I was in Canterlot Castle just after her death? “Oh it’s Twilight Sparkle’s dragon, poor thing”, nopony knew or called me by my name. I was just Twilight’s dragon or pet, or assistant. It’s easy to convince yourself that you are just a shadow of someone else as it’s easy to ignore pony trying to help you.”

“You should talk to her since you know how she feel, how you get through this?”

“With time. Good night Emerald”

Is he really doing nothing? but what can we do? I guess there is nothing to do “Good night Spike.”

Both get back in their room. Emerald was in his bed trying to find sleep since one hour. He was trying to imagine more of Spike’s life. He heard the sound of front door open. He looked at the window of his room that peered outside. He saw Twilight seated on a bench, she was looking at the night sky, talking to herself. Emerald opened the window to listen

“Who I am...” She was repeating “Who I am...” she heard the window open and noticed Emerald looking at her “Oh sorry did I wake you up?”

The stallion tried to avoid her gaze “It’s fine I was not sleeping, but I shouldnt spy on you.”

She get closer to his window “Do you an answer for me: who I am?”

How I am suppose to answer that? “Err, I don’t know, you should ask Spike or maybe you will remember”

Twilight paused to look at the night sky again, “I should get back to get some sleep, you are right, maybe I will remember. Good night”

Emerald could see the resignation on Twilight’s face but simply replied “Good night.”

Author's Note:

And here a part of Spike backstory!