• Published 25th Jun 2015
  • 217 Views, 0 Comments

Turbulence - Featherpen Lullaby



Life in the theatre was great, sadly it didn't last and now I'm stuck here.

  • ...
 0
 217

Chapter 6

May 18th

We’ve finally gotten to the good bit, I mean if I’m in it it must be great.
Flick Switch retired and Mum took over which meant we had more money, Mum got us an apartment of our own near the theatre. Flick and Ticket took care of me at their house while Mum was at work until I was deemed old enough to go to the theatre with her. We had it good, everything was great. We were living ignorant bliss.

We had no idea that though my father wasn’t looking for us, his parents had somehow got wind of my existence. Even as we were going about our everyday lives they stalked us, hunting us down until they pounced, armed with the best lawyers in Equestria.

That’s where things go downhill, things were great. Mum was getting payed, I was running errands and getting ready to live my dream of being a Bridleway stagehoof. Not very ambitious I know, all we do is move stuff and run errands but there’s something magical about it. To me, a little starstruck filly who’d only seen the hidden world behind the curtains, it was incredible, I wanted to wait in the wings until I could run on under the cover of darkness and transform the stage into another place entirely. Most fillies who dream of Bridleway dream of being the star of the show and standing in the spotlight hearing the applause and knowing it’s all for them. Not me, I want the darkness, the twisting maze of curtains and ropes, set pieces and props and to know the way around like I know my own hoof. Most of all I want to hide in the space above the stage and move the aerial pieces, a job only a pegasus like me can perform.

I was so close and then it was gone, snatched away by rich ponies with lawyers.