• Published 25th Jun 2015
  • 217 Views, 0 Comments

Turbulence - Featherpen Lullaby



Life in the theatre was great, sadly it didn't last and now I'm stuck here.

  • ...
 0
 217

Chapter 2

May 12th

Good morning! I know, it’s not really morning but saying ‘Good dawn’ sounds weird. I’m sorry for, well I don’t know what, I didn’t wake you up books don’t sleep. I’m sorry that it’s so early, I can’t sleep in this bed, I feel like it’s strangling me, the blankets are really stiff and scratchy. Plus Dawn Chaser pulls them so tight, I swear it’s like a special talent, Celestia knows why she didn’t get her cutie mark in extreme bed-making. If there was event in the Equestria Games for bed making she would win a gold medal every time, in fact she’d send all the other competitors home in tears when she tidied circles around them showing them the complete futility of even trying compete with her level of sanitary excellence.

Moving on my name is Wings and I’m thirteenish, (we don’t really keep track). I could give you the short version of my story but then it would end up with so many side notes and explanations that it would be far too long, so to prevent confusion we’re going way back to before I was born, but not too far because that would be history and history is boring. Another reason I hate my foster parents, one is a weatherpony which in itself is a pretty cool job but when your cutie mark is a cloud so neat and perfect that it looks like a postcard it’s pretty boring. The other is a historian in the Canterlot Archives, that one’s pretty self explanatory, nothing says dull like musty old books about old dead ponies.

My mother was an apprentice light board operator on Bridleway when our story starts, one night she had to take over the lights, it was a really big deal because it was the first night of a big show with lots of big stars in it. She aced it, everything went perfectly and her friends decided that she deserved a night on the town in celebration. They all got really drunk and the last thing Mum remembers is dancing with some guy, or at least that’s what she told me.

I mean five teenage ponies at a club, what could go wrong?