• Published 13th Jun 2015
  • 2,238 Views, 18 Comments

Desire's Truth - The Joeker



'The number of the Riders shall ever be Four' I may have been, misled into thinking that, there are 5 Riders, as in death I have discovered the mythological fifth, when I was slain I was sitting in a dark room and there was a figure sitting there...

  • ...
18
 18
 2,238

Can We Just Talk This Through?

Red=Crowfather
Green=Desire.


Wait, you found Reaver?!
Yes I did Crowfather, Council knows how it ended up in Equestria, but it did.
How did you lose it again?
Last I saw of it it was impaled in Adriel, Abbadon's brothers torso, I left the battlefield critically wounded but when I got back it was missing.
It must not feel good to lose something so attached to you Horseman, especially a one of a kind blade you forged yourself.
It didn't, but when I got it back, it was an amazing feeling.
Better than love?
Nothing can compare to that Crowfather, nothing... anyway mortals, sorry to keep you waiting.


I crept through the halls of this castle, it was actually ominous without anyone roaming the halls.

"Ok, so every pony(not one word) in this castle is being held in the throne room, and those Changelings are either outside or in the throne room, there are none patrolling the halls," I said to myself.

"Hmmm, I could make a new weapon out of Reaver, and it would repair itself, but what could I make...?" I asked myself.

"Ha! got it!" I said, took a piece of the blade off which repaired itself, it helped to fiddle with things when I was thinking...

"Now... if I can remember how to..." I mumbled as I crafted an ingenious idea.

I heard some bugs buzz past, going outside, switching posts, if I can figure out a pattern...

They met with another patrol, definitely swapping shifts.

"Queen Chrysalis had ordered a guard change every 10 minutes to ensure all of us get a good meal first" buzzed one, the others nodded.

-In Canterlot Throne Room-

"I learnt my lesson this time Celestia, I separated you and Shining Armor, Cadence so you can't perform that 'love spell' you did before! because of you my children almost starved!" exclaimed who I assume is Chrysalis.

"cry me a river," I mumbled as I snuck along a narrow space between the pillars and the ceiling.

"You will not get away with again Chrysalis!" exclaimed the white Princess, presumable Celestia as Armor told me and Chrysalis just confirmed.

"How will you stop me this time? even Luna is captured!" she gestured to the blue pony next to the white one.

"They caught me off guard sister," said the blue one, Luna I'm assuming, both apologetically and angrily at the same time.

"It is ok Luna, she caught us all off guard," said Celestia

"There is no way out of this Celestia!" laughed the queen... there is a perfect point if I get them to stay... hmm, maybe... no...

-10 minutes of planning and reading and 5 minutes of learning to walk, trot, canter and run later-

i barged into the throne room, I had only planned my method of attack not how I'd get to that, so this was pretty much improv.

"Good evening all" I said in a form I managed to morph myself into (it fucking hurt and took a few minutes to get accustomed to) the form was an 'Alicorn' if I remembered correctly, which included wings, that hurt like hell to morph, I might keep them to save me the pain of morphing them away, I was in hooded robes though, the only thing visible being my eyes.

"What is the meaning of this interruption subject?!" asked the queen.

"I am no Changeling your highness, but an ally, I see you've managed to capture my old enemies, Celestia and Luna," I smiled wickedly as I threw the robes off, revealing my new form, all the ponies gasped, my horn changed colour frequently, from dark green to light green.

"Ah, so you've a grudge against them as well? excellant!" laughed the queen in a 'cute' laugh, everything here was 'cute' though...

"Ahem, yes I would like to talk with her and revel in your victory" I put on an evil smile, it shouldn't have been hard for a Horseman but it didn't feel truly in this form.

(This is his pony form, imagine his mane is flowing like flame though)

(and his cutie mark without his wings, sorry for my poor editing skills but I couldn't get it on his body without a little white background :facehoof:)

"Now if you don't mind I would like to have a word with my old 'friend'" I said evilly.

"Go ahead, in fact, I may just leave you to it" smiled the queen and walked out with her subjects, I held the evil glare on the ponies as she left, she then closed the door behind her and I softened my facial expression.

"Stupid bitch..." I said as I looked back at the door she left from.

"How many enemies did you Princesses make?" asked the rainbow maned one.

"Not this one, I'm not here as an enemy, not today, I hear you need a rescue, since your guards are in the dungeon and I'm your only ally out here, you'd be wise to listen," I said.

"Why don't you just take em' out? you're an Alicorn right?" asked the rainbow maned one.

"There are alternatives to fighting my rainbow maned friend," I answered(Star Wars reference).

"Truer words never spoken, if you could ungoo us..." said Luna.

"Yes, I yearn to get Chrysalis for showing her muzzle here." growled the pink Princess.

"No, I need you to remain like that for the time being, it's crucial I have your cooperation, so stay like that to keep up the charade, and we will get rid of every Changeling here, as I tell you the plan, if the queen comes in, look as if I'm telling you I'm going to torture you, when I back away, scream 'No!' so it looks authentic," I said.

"I have to deal with boring court all day, so much so I've become a master at faking facial appearances and reactions," she said.

I nodded.

"Ok, so here's what I want to..."(inaudible)

As I was finished the plan, Celestia looked at me in surprise.

"But that could mean..." she started.

"I know" I said.

"But you might-"

"I know!" I growled.

"Why?" she asked.

"Never forget, never forgive we live for honor, duty and valor. We breathe and we live for hope, peace and unity. Reap what you sow but remember from actions bring results and consequences. We are one nation, one people, formed from many, now as one. We are ever the best. We are the five Horseman... I need to help you or it goes against everything I believe... we're out of time, she's coming, just do it!" I whispered harshly.

Chrysalis came in with pretty much every Changeling in the city and Celestia started Phase 0 of the plan: Faking reactions, I backed away and she did as asked and screamed 'No!' and shook her head and tried to get away as I put my wicked smile back on.

"Oh! it seems you've spooked poor Celestia," said Chrysalis in a fake concerning voice.

"If I may can I start? I wish to make her suffer!" I said, a little more pleasure filled than I'd of liked.

Phase 1: Tuning.

I activated my horn, and tried to tune to Celestia's magic aura, it took me a few minutes but I found it and smiled when I did.

Phase 2: Taunting.

"I'm going to put you through so much pain you'll beg for me to stop!" I smiled as I let my eyes flare a little.

Phase 3: Begging.

"please... no..." said Celestia.

"Don't hurt her monster!" said Luna.

"I will exile you to the sun myself Chrysalis!" said the pink Princess.

"Oh, please, you couldn't exile your husband's fleas to the sun," chuckled the bug queen.

"Leave the Princess alone!" said the rainbow pony and tried to break free.

"Oh dear! so barbaric! stop!" said the white pony.

"Don't you dare hurt my friends!" said the yellow pony.

"Ah'd advise ya ta leave the Princess alone," said the orange farm pony.

"I'm gonna throw you the worst party ever if hurt my friends!" yelled the pink pony.

"Princess! you can fight back!" said the purple pony.

"Beg all you want, it just gives me more pleasure," I smiled

Phase 4: Project Sunburst.

As I tuned to her magic completely, I focused on the sun's energy and turned certain barriers down that protected the world from it's rays and positioned it so it's toward us, I turned the sun's energy up and all the unicorn and Alicorns minus Celestia focused their magic into a barrier around themselves.

Chrysalis watched in confusion a me while I worked and looked at the sun for the remainder of it.

(watch from 3:40-3:50 for the effect I'm going for, I'd recommend you listen to the whole video because I love this song, but I know it's a matter of opinion, all credit for the song goes to: Editors. The song is: The Racing Rats.)

I focused the energy here and increased the suns energy so it released a ray of massive heat as I let go of Celestia's energy and made every Changeling burst into little sparks and then dissolve as if they were never there, those who wasn't inside the barrier anyway.

It threw me into a pillar and I lost consciousness with a smile on my face.

Author's Note:

Sorry for making you wait another day last time, both Marl and I were busy.

TrollJoke Butler: Why are you watching me?! this is making me paranoid every time I leave the house!

Ryry24 & DarkMagicEn-Forcer1: Thanks for Desire's Truth to Favourites! it means a bunch!

phantomheart: Thanks for adding me to your bookshelf!

dovahfan985: Thanks for the fav! you're awesome!

I finally ponified Desire, whether or not this is mostly permanent is up to you! comment and tell me what you think! because, Can We Just Talk This Through? :raritywink:

and I found a way to clarify who is speaking at the start! I'll add it into the other chapters as well!

Faithfully

Joseph & Marlow