• Published 13th Jun 2015
  • 2,238 Views, 18 Comments

Desire's Truth - The Joeker



'The number of the Riders shall ever be Four' I may have been, misled into thinking that, there are 5 Riders, as in death I have discovered the mythological fifth, when I was slain I was sitting in a dark room and there was a figure sitting there...

  • ...
18
 18
 2,238

I'll have what she's having

So you're telling me two ponies hit on you Horseman?
Yes, but they later told me they weren't actually hitting on me, Celestia was just complimenting me and Luna was curious about my clothes.
Very well, I will take your word for it Horseman, and it looks to be spring outside...
How quick the seasons do change... where were we?
You had just gone to sleep again.
Ah, yes, let's continue...


I bolted up in bed after a nightmare, it was the end times, but we weren't there to stop it...

Anyway, I got up and headed to the bathroom, which might I say wasn't fit for bipedalism... anyway, I turned on the magic tap or whatever they call it here and splashed my face with water and stared at my reflection...

Heh, the Headless Horseman... the name came from when I was fighting the Nephilim and took off my head and used it as an explosive on them, it tore at least a few hundred apart, it is even technically considered a Grand Abomination, although Death may have been subtly teasing me there...

I sighed and shook my head, getting rid of some of the water.

Honestly, this place wasn't so bad, I mean I got some action within the first few seconds I arrived here... as much as I remember anyway, they said I must have travelled a few miles to get to this 'Canterlot' place, so I don't know what happened...

I shook my head of those thoughts and walked out of the bathroom, I walked over to the doors and opened them.

"Err, sire, her majesty Luna wishes to see you in her chambers..." bowed the guard, I would've told him not to, but we had to keep up the charade of me being royalty so... yeah.

"Thank you good sir" I said and turned left to Luna's room(from where he's facing left is to Luna's room but when he facing inside his room Luna's room is to the right of him)

I walked to the door and knocked... silence...

I was about to knock again when

"Coming!" was heard.

She opened the door and looked... dishevelled, she'd obviously been asleep.

"Ah, good you're here, I was asleep when I noticed a something, I wish to ask you about some things, would you care to sit?" she gestured to a chair that actually looked fit for a bipedal person.

I simply nodded and sat down.

"Thank you I wanted to ask you if have an occupation currently." she said.

"That wasn't a question... ok then, to answer: well... technically, but not here, mine is in a faraway place, so I suppose... no, no not currently"

"Hmm, ok." she said and jotted something down on a notepad. "I think I already know the answer to this but, colt or mare?" she asked.

"Neither, male." I answered.

"Ooookkk, place of birth? we have to make you a citizen of Equestria, do we not? so we will make you an official citizen with a certificate, do you understand?" she asked as she jotted down my previous answer.

"yes, and place of birth? I... don't know, I can't remember, it;s been so long... write... Ravaiim." I said with a hint of sadness.

"Ok, married or unmarried?" she asked.

"Unmarried." I stated.

"Colt or.... Marefriend?" she asked suggestively.

"None to speak of, is this question on the paper?" I asked when I noticed her not writing anything down after the Mare or Coltfriend question.

"Yes, of course! well that's all, thank you for your time." she smiled, I smiled back and got up and turned to leave.

"Have a good sleep, Luna." I said and closed the door on the Princess of the night.

As I walked out there was a guard waiting.

"Sire! her majesty Celestia expressed her wish to have you in court with her!" he said.

"Thank you soldier, you may go." I said, he nodded and marched off down the corridor.

I headed to the throne room and opened the door to see Celestia in a heated debate with some dignitary from somewhere or another, and by heated debate I mean Celestia was just sitting as cool as a cucumber and the other pony was yelling.

"And you need to raise the taxes! this is outrageous that peasants are only being charged 10 bits a month! and us rich ponies are being charged 20!" he yelled.

"Now Well Heeled(a word to describe being rich) you have more money than my less fortunate little ponies, so it is only fair." she said, as he was about to explode again, I stepped in.

"You heard the mare, leave." I said.

"And what is this? your new pet Princess?" he asked, now it was Celestia's turn to lose it for whatever reason, I mean I know I saved her kingdom but still...

"How dare you Well Heeled? how dare you insult the saviour of Canterlot?! he is the only reason we still have a kingdom" ok a bit of exaggeration...

-Celestia's POV-
"And he is not my pet" he is my C-" I stopped as I was about to say Coltfriend... was I about to say that? I don't know... but I look at him and I feel... uplifted...

-Desire's POV-
As I heard her speak with such authority I couldn't help but respect this Alicorn, she knew how to handle a situation... even if that did mean bigging me up a little.

"Saviour? hah! more like scourge! and you are unfit to rule Princess! your nothing but a whorse on a throne if you think I will jus..." he said, but I lost interest as he rambled, as soon as he insulted the Princess I snapped.

I grabbed him by his mane and tail and picked him up, I carried him to the door as he protested and kicked them open before throwing off down the stairs of the castle courtyard.

"If you ever insult the Princess again, next time I won't be so generous as to throw you off these steps so much as throwing you off the top of the spire!!!" I yelled and slammed the door.

"Desi-" she stopped as I stormed to my room and opened the door, going to the mirror in the bathroom.

Green lines were going through my skin, I was really pissed off, but no single person or pony insulting another has ever drove me to get like this, and be this angry about it, why was I feeling this way when he insulted her? again, just thinking about it made my blood boil.

I heard a knock on my door.

"Prince Caedes? may I come in?" came the soft, sweet voice of Cele- ahem, came the voice of Celestia.

I looked in the mirror and I had calmed down considerably.

"Come in," I said and walked out into my room.

I saw Celestia walk in.

"Hey." she said oddly informally.

"Hey." I replied awkwardly.

"I-" "Yo-" we both tried to talk at the same time.

"Go ahead Celestia." I said.

"Thank you, it's nothing, I just... what you did back there was the sweetest thing anypony ever had done for me." she said with a faint blush.

"It still isn't, I'm not a pony." I said with a smile.

"Of course." she said.

"And it's ok, thanks for sticking up for me." I said.

"it's fine, diner is in half an hour, will I see you there?" she asked.

"Of course." I replied as she left, she turned her head and smiled at me before walking out.

Author's Note:

Thats right, we're just gonna leave you there. right on that sentence... we're so evil.

Damn straight homie, not a massive cliffhanger but still not a satifying finish.

True Marl, true, anyway we didn't post yesterday because we've been Grammar Nazi'ing somepony's story, so sorry, and I'm going to do another story probably, another crossover between Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning and MLP(obvs) but that's a maybe.

10 dislikes and 14 likes... don't leave us in the dark here ponies! give us some feedback!

Faithfully

Marl & Joe