• Published 8th Jun 2015
  • 2,791 Views, 218 Comments

Player Number Three - Candy-Sweets_12



SweetieBelle and ButtonMash are preparing to be parents for their first foal.With Sweetie's new emotions,and ButtonMash's work schedule,can the two do it?Fortunately,they have friends and family on their side.Warning:May contain sexual, bloody topics

  • ...
12
 218
 2,791

The Birth Part 1

Author's Note:

Be sure to read this chapter with this song for dramatic effect.

There I was, sitting in our bedroom when I hear a shriek escape the hallway followed by tumbling.

"Button!" I hear.

I race to her side, a sickening crack loud enough to make me shudder as I race behind her. A half-second later, there's a blood curdling scream. She begins to violently move around, blood escaping from the side of her mouth, only aiding in the growth of the crimson red puddle. I race to the phone, replaying the events of when she had her miscarriage and thinking of the terrible pain. There's a calm voice on the other end.

"Hello?" It was our nurse.

"Yes, it's an emergency, Sweetie Belle fell down the stairs, and she's bleeding-" I was stopped by another scream.

"Ok, check to make sure she's breathing, if she's not, do CPR. Are any bones broken?"

"I haven't checked, but I think one of her back legs may be broken."

"We'll be there as soon as possible. Just keep her breathing, we don't want her to fall into a coma." She says, beginning to bark orders to other doctors and medics. I hang up and rush to Sweetie Belle, turning her to the side. Through a slit in her eyes I see her eyes roll around. I begin to use CPR, noticing a fracture in one of her ribs.

I continue at the steady pace I'm at. I tilt her head to the side once I notice more blood spilling. I can't help but feel a sick feeling in my stomach with her blood on my lips. She begins to breathe heavily, her heart thumping at a quick pace.

"They're on their way Sweetie Belle, don't worry. Just keep your heart beating." I say. I don't know if she can hear me or not, but I say them for me. Saying that she's going to be fine. No matter how much I try, I fail to convince myself she'll be fine.

My eyes begin to blur as I try to help her breathe. Making sure she doesn't choke on the blood pooling in her mouth. The blood of the carpet begins to brown as I continue at the steady pace I'm going, pushing down harder and harder with frustration. There's a hard knock on the door and I rush to it, wasting no time to get the paramedics to the horrific scene. They tie a mask to her face and use a stretcher to lift her into the ambulance, shouting commands at each other as she lays there, unmoving. They insert an iv needle into her arm, take my place with CPR, hook her to a machine to determine her accelerating heart rate, working on a corpse.

"Her spine has cracked, and back legs are broken." I hear one say to me. I stare at her half opened eyes, bloodshot and red. looking in one direction blankly.

I try to hold back my sobs building in my throat. It was painful to see her in this way, pale and bleeding, hooked to several machines as doctors try to revive her, it's worse than every nightmare I could've dreamed of into one.

"Sweetie Belle, just try and keep your heart beating for me. Try to keep your eyes open and I'm sure you'll be fine." I say out loud. The truth is, I'm afraid that is she closes them, they'll never open again.

******************

Finally we make it to the hospital where we're rushed to the emergency room. They lay her on a bed and roll her to a separate room. All I can do is run after them, not caring about who I passed. For those few moments, felt like an eternity, all I could see was the look of pain on her face, hear her shrieks as they raced for emergency surgery.

I follow them into a room where they immediately begin to do surgery. I look away, not wanting to see.

"I'm here." I say.

I bring my hoof down to caress her face. I focus on her face, etching every bit of it into my mind.

"I'm so sorry."

I wrap her hoof around my face, looking down to her. She looked so disfigured and unnatural, her pale face, her sweat matted forehead, but the worse part was how her eyes seemed to be draining of life with each passing second, wet and reflecting the dim lights of the room.

"We're almost done Sweetie Belle, hold tight." I say, looking to the doctor, who was wiping sweat from her face as other doctors tried to stop the continuous bleeding.

"I'm sorry Sweetie Belle. I'm so sorry." I say, choking back the lump in my throat. ''Please stay with me, please."

For a second it looks like her eyes seemed to move a tiny bit, but they seem sad, almost, regretful. I then watch in pure horror as her head slowly and disheartingly falls to the pillow.

"Sweetie Belle?" I ask, hoping she'd open her eyes and answer. Or at the very least say something instead of the cold response I get in turn. I feel the tears flow freely out of my eyes, disbelief still sketched into my face. "Sweetie Belle?!" I ask again.

No response.

My head spins, the memories I had of her resurfacing. From when we first met, to our snowball fights, or playing video games together or with our friends. Celebrating getting our cutiemarks. The elation we shared when we went to the to comic-cons for videogames and our favorite shows and movie series. Our first date and how we waltzed through the night full of stars. The pain we shared from being away from each other. And the reunions we had together and the embraces and hugs of joy from seeing each other again. The anniversaries and birthdays we celebrated together and with friends and family members. They quickly lead to memories of the night of the proposal and the tears she had in her eyes when I showed her the ring. Our wedding brought me to when she was wearing her beautiful dress, seeming to dance down the aisle in the most perfect way. Our fourth anniversary when we made this decision, and the blush on her face from when I lifted her into the night air, her eyes shining bright from the colors of the city. The countless hours she'd spend in that room we prepared, watching the younger foals as the days and nights rolled by. The songs she sang out of happiness for this one chance at being a mother. The tears she cried when we lost our first. The day we went to the grave and cried to our heart's contempt, and my dream leading us to the outside, where the sky imitated a moving and color shifting canvas as the sun rose ad chased away our pain as with the night. All of the laughs and good times the two of us had in those twelve beautiful years.

My thoughts flooded with her beautiful green eyes, her pink curls, and loving smile to the point in which the world spun. The way her curls would bounce when she was happy, or how her sweet laugh would chime, and soft as bells could ring. The way she inspired me with her compassionate ways, and the determination she had. Oh, how she was always looking for a new adventure to go on. And ready to face any challenge the two of us endured together.

But the one thing that came the most was her songs.

I thought of the endless chords and keys she played, how her voice matched perfectly to it all. Her ability to weave stories into her songs and sing in her most glorious voice. Her hypnotizing lyrics that made my heart skip a beat, setting me under the spells she had cast upon me with her addicting music. This one image destroyed this wonderful world, seeming to sift through my memories and causing a painful destruction, replacing all of the wonderful memories I had of Sweetie Belle, by this unmoving look alike, while Sweetie Belle, my one true match, was the opposite, she was full of life.

Time seemed to stop completely when the talking stopped, and the storm of thoughts in my head blew itself out as quickly as it came. My heart thuds in my ears, and I feel as though someone stuck a weight into my head with the pounding of blood rushing through it. I look to our doctor, tears brimming in her eyes as she looked back to me. There's a loud silence. My gaze catches the blood covered foal in her hooves, lifeless and unmoving as her mother.