• Published 8th Jun 2015
  • 2,791 Views, 218 Comments

Player Number Three - Candy-Sweets_12



SweetieBelle and ButtonMash are preparing to be parents for their first foal.With Sweetie's new emotions,and ButtonMash's work schedule,can the two do it?Fortunately,they have friends and family on their side.Warning:May contain sexual, bloody topics

  • ...
12
 218
 2,791

Chapter 11

"Five," Everyone held their breath. "four," they watched as the great ball in the center of Manehattan inched downwards. "three," everyone started chanting along. "two," Button looked to Sweetie Belle, along with a lot of other couples.

"ONE!!" Everyone announced. They all jumped up and cheered. "Happy New Year!!" The cried out. The couples kissed, children screamed in glee, and Spike lit the fireworks as Time Turner's set off into the sky. The collaboration for the mix of colors were beautifully put together, causing a lot of praise to erupt from the crowd.

"Just like the Gala." Sweetie Belle said as she cradled her stomach and looked from the sky, to her husband.

"Yes indeed." The two kissed once more, the colors of the sky reflecting off of their manes and fur.


The two walked back into their house, gold and silver confetti still hanging in their hair from the New Year's party. Sweetie Belle was excited. "Just think Button, we're going to become parents this year! This is going to be the best year ever!" Button smiled and nodded in agreement.

"I'm excited too, but for now, we need to rest up." Button stretched and yawned. "I'm going to bed, you coming?" Button asked, walking towards their room.

"In a minute, I'm just going to fix myself a quick midnight snack." Sweetie Belle stated as she looked quickly to the clock. Button shrugged and went upstairs, doing his best to take the confetti and glitter out of his mane and fur. Once he got most of it out, he went to bed. He was soon joined by Sweetie Belle.

Closing his eyes, Button dreamt of the events in the past year. He was awakened by something sharp poking him I the back, he turned around to realize that Sweetie Belle was constantly shifting. She was tossing and turning, and Button guessed that it was from her back. He went back to sleep, feeling the occasional poking in his ribs, back, or neck.

"Sorry Button." Sweetie whispered.

"It's alright," he answered. Eventually she laid in a comfortable position, and they slept peacefully for the rest of the morning.


Button once again felt like something was hitting him, he cracked open his eyes to see Sweetie Belle there nudging him. "Wake up sleepy head." The mare said happily. Button opened his eyes widely and looked at the time on the clock. Sitting up, Button Mash smiled at Sweetie Belle.

"I should start getting ready." Button said. He hopped out of bed while Sweetie Belle laid in the middle of it, still smiling. He waltzed into the bathroom and got ready for the day, brushing his mane and fur until it was no longer messy. After brushing his teeth and showering, he walked out of the bathroom to find Sweetie Belle gone. He went down stairs to find her completely clean, mane brushed, small amount of makeup, and eating Eggo waffles covered in syrup and chocolate chips.

"You look great," she said before stuffing a fork full into her mouth.

"So do you." he replied as he pulled out cereal and milk. The two ate together and recalled their memories from the previous year.

"Can you believe that it has been 12 years since we first spent our New Year's together?" Sweetie Belle asked, scraping whatever was left on her plate into her mouth.

"I know, it feel just like yesterday that we all became friends, and now here we are, married to each other and expecting kids." Button ranted.

"Good times." they sighed as they recalled old memories.

"I can't believe that I'm almost showing. I'm almost three months, I'm so excited!" she exclaimed, making Button jump.

"I'm happy too, it would mean we're one step closer to a foal. They finished their breakfast, and started playing another game Button had, Journey.


The following days were uneventful, the only things happening being a few birthdays, and Sweetie Belle with great news.

It was just another morning, and Sweetie Belle had just woken up. She looked to the mirror behind the door, and went over to it, careful not to wake her husband. She walked to the mirror, out of curiosity, and was shocked with what she saw.

"Button!" she exclaimed. Button groaned and turned to the side. "Button Mash!" Sweetie said impatiently. Button snapped awake, wondering if Sweetie Belle was in danger or hurt.

"Yes?!" he asks as he rushed over. Sweetie Belle smiled and pointed to the little tiny lump on her stomach. Button calmed down. "You nearly gave me a heart attack! Thank Celestia this is happening." he hugged Sweetie Belle. Sweetie Belle sighed, happy that she had another chance.

Looking into the mirror, her ears drooped as she let a few tears fall. 'I promised him...' she thought. Button pulled away, sensing something was wrong.

"Are you ok?" he asked. It was really hard to lie to him with him looking at her so worriedly.

"I'm fine. Just thinking about the first." she replied as she wiped away a tear.

"Ok." Button said out of trust. This broke Sweetie Belle's heart, she had promised him, and now it's way too late to make up for it now.

'I promised him...' she thought


It was another one of their dates, Sweetie Belle and Button only had the summer with each other before Button had to move to a different school for a opportunity he couldn't miss, and were spending their time together. Right then, they were in the cave again, Button having brought his sketchbook while Sweetie Belle brought her notebook. Though the items lay on the floor, as the couple mostly talked with each other as they tilted their heads to the ceiling.

"You know, if you turn your head a certain way..." Button said as he turned his head. "The crystals and gems kind of sort of make a heart." he realized. He turned to Sweetie Belle, who smiled at the shape.

"You know, you might be right." Sweetie giggled. Button shifted his eyes to the notebook with the heart on it. He saw the page it was flipped to and saw no words in it. Catching sight of what he was doing, Sweetie followed his gaze to the notebook.

"Oh, I haven't been inspired to write lately, ever since we... I felt like I lost my touch without you. I wish that I didn't say those words at that Gala. I almost made a huge mistake." she said.

"Sweetie Belle, this isn't like you, you're a strong and creative mare, every time you get the chance, I catch you writing away in your song book. You always know the right words to say and the right keys, you're amazing, but everyone makes mistakes."

"I know, I just wish that I could've been honest from the spot, then I wouldn't be through all of this pain right now." she sighed.

Button set the book he was flipping through down to the floor. "Sweetie Belle, I want you to promise me something,"

"Ok."

"I know that we're not perfect, just like I know that I can be insensitive or too sensitive, as long as we're together, promise me something,"

"What?"

"That we'll tell each other about something important as soon as possible, that we can be honest to each other, and also consider each other's feelings before we make a decision and work out whatever challenge comes ahead of us." Sweetie smiled.

"I promise."


Sweetie looked down as she peered at herself in the mirror. 'The face of a liar.' she thought. Button noticed the sad look on Sweetie's face.

"Thinking about the baby again?" he asked cautiously. Sweetie nodded.

"Yeah." she lied through her teeth. She hated that she could lie so smoothly now, without a thought, once her child comes, she might leave Button alone without her. The very thought made her want to sob. Fortunately, there was the doorbell and a few knocks. "I'll get it."

"Don't worry about it, I'll get it." Button offered. Sweetie was grateful, as he turned towards the door and left, she had the time to slip a few tears before quickly wiping them away.

At the door was Button's mother, who had a plate of sweets. She looked up at the her son in the doorway. "Hello Button." she said. Button smiled at his mother.

"Hi mom." He greeted happily.

"I brought some of my homemade sweets." Button moved to the side as Sweetie Belle stepped up to the two.

"Hi mother-in-law." she said.

"Hello Sweetie Belle, how's my grandchild?"

"They're fine, although, can I ask you a few questions?"

"Anything." she stated as she set the dish on the countertop.

"What was it like for you?" Sweetie Belle as she absentmindedly placed her hoof on her stomach.

"Oh, you might want to sit down, because boy do I have a story for you two." she said. The couple did as told, and Love Tap began her story.

"Ok, so let me start with my first son. I had terrible emotions, and there wasn't a day I hadn't yelled at somepony. Once I started showing however, something sparked inside of me, I knew that I'd have a wonderful child. Though that didn't mean he wouldn't get himself in trouble for the things he'd do when he was younger." she chuckled. "I don't have to tell you all of the things since I'm sure you know about them already." she stated. " But once he came, a whole new world opened up to me. He was the most precious thing in the world to me, at least that was before Button came along. But even then, I've always done what I thought was best for them, I loved them both so much, it was as if I already knew what to do once they came, although I was stressing out over the smallest things. Especially after bringing them home, in fear they'd get hurt or sick, but I came to my senses eventually.

"Although, after I brought Button home, I noticed a bit of jealousy from his older brother. It was difficult to take care of the two of them when they were so young, but I made it through, thanks to my husband, although he did have to go on business trips all the time." she finished.

"I guess it's harder than I thought." Button said. Unexpectedly, his mother started laughing uncontrollably. Leaving the two confused. Finally, after coming to her senses, she wiped a tear from her eye.

"You have no idea." she managed to say.

"Were they really that bad?" Sweetie asked, giggling herself.

"Oh, yeah, where to begin? Ever since day one, it was difficult to wake up and get everything done twenty-four\seven. That's why I became a housewife, at least until Button went to school, but even then, it was a part time job at my sister's place of work." she sighed. "I know that you two will make good parents. But there's so much for you to learn from it, I hope you know what your getting yourself into." she warned.

"I know that it will be difficult." Sweetie Belle said. Remembering past visits to Rarity and her friends' homes when they were juggling around with their kids.

"Well I'm glad that I could be of some help," she pushed the plate to Sweetie Belle, who hungrily threw off the plastic wrap and grabbed a piece of the treat. "And congratulations." she said as she walked out the door. The two looked at each other, Sweetie Belle chewing more slowly now.

"How'd she know that you we-" Button began.

"I guess that it's easy for her to notice since it happened to her two times." Sweetie Belle suggested quickly.


Sweetie Belle was on the windowsill again, a place she didn't have to visit in a while. She knew Button was asleep, and just watched the stars out the window.

"You're a lucky one," she said as she held her stomach. "you're going to have a nice family and friends, and you get to be here." She let a few tears slip out. "I wish that I could tell the truth, but I don't want to risk losing you." she choked. She was nearly sobbing now.

"I'll do whatever it takes to let you be alive, I'll make sure you get to live a happy life. I promise." she looked out the window once more. "Even if it means I have to lose my own."

Author's Note:

Sorry for the lack of updates and all of that mess, :twilightblush: I needed to get some things off of my plate, such as the new story I posted. And then I didn't post the best chapter, maybe I'll change it, I don't know. Hope you enjoyed, check out my other stories, like, follow, comment, maybe visit my Deviant art page if you'd like to. Thanks for reading.

-Candy:heart::twilightsmile: