• Published 25th May 2015
  • 3,083 Views, 46 Comments

The Next Generation of Harmony - SammyRosePony



The ponies you know and love now have KIDS. Read on to experience their adventures

  • ...
8
 46
 3,083

6: Showstopper

It was another beautiful day in Ponyville. Midnight Sparkle was practicing her magic in her room. Just like her mother, Midnight had more magic in her than a normal pony. Well, also she’s an alicorn, so that might explain why she’s so powerful.

“Almost got it,” said Midnight trying to perform a spell.

“I don’t even know what you’re trying to do,” said Flashlight who was being used as Midnight’s test subject.

“Would you wait and see,” Midnight replied.

“Why have you been practicing magic so much lately?”

“Well I’m currently nineteen which means in two years I’ll be twenty one.”

“Yeah. I’m pretty sure all nineteen year old ponies turn twenty one after two years.”

“What I mean is that once I turn twenty one, I get to have my coronation.”

“Yeah, so?”

“Once I have my coronation, I become a ‘ruling’ princess. Meaning I get to have princess duties.”

“This is all important because?”

“Well you know that you and Starlight won’t be coronated because you’re not the oldest in the family right? I’m the heir to mom’s throne.”

“My Celestia, that’s not my point! Why are you practicing magic lately?!”

“Oh yeah. I’ve been practicing magic lately because I’m supposed to know a lot of magic by the time I’m coronated.”

“Midnight, you still have two years before that happens. Enjoy your life before you have a whole ton of duties thrown at you.”

“Oh Flashlight, I am enjoying life. I love practicing magic,” Midnight said with excitement.

“And that’s why Starlight and I call you ‘mom’ sometimes,” Flashlight said with a slight annoyed tone.

“Now hush up so I can do this spell correctly.” Flashlight stopped talking and stood still. A magenta colored magical aura from Midnight started to form around Flashlight’s muzzle. Soon, a mustache had appeared on Flashlight.

Flashlight looked down at what had just appeared on his muzzle. He looked up at Midnight and said, “Are you kidding me?”

“Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes,” Midnight chanted as she jumped around in a circle. Midnight then calmed down and looked at her brother right in the eye. “Yes,” she said one more time in excitement.

“Midnight, Flashlight, guess what,” asked a voice coming straight towards the room.

“What is it Starlight,” asked Midnight.

“Guess who’s co-whoa, what happened to you,” asked Starlight.

“This happened,” he said pointing at Midnight.

“Get rid of it,” said Starlight.

“Fine,” Midnight said as she magically took it away.

“Okay. Guess who’s coming to Ponyville,” asked Starlight.

“Who,” both Midnight and Flashlight asked.

“Aunt Trixie and Show Stop are coming,” Starlight said with excitement.

Over the years, Twilight and Trixie have become great friends. Trixie soon got married to Prince Blueblood. Together they had a unicorn daughter who they named Show Stop. Show Stop was born the same year as Flashlight, so Twilight and Trixie had a lot of ‘mommy and baby’ playdates. When Show Stop was a toddler, Trixie divorced with Blueblood because he only cared for himself and didn’t help out with his daughter at all. After the divorce, Trixie took her daughter and moved to Manehattan. Twilight and Trixie still remained friends, and Twilight said they would be able to come to Ponyville whenever they felt like it.

“They’re really coming,” asked Midnight?

“Yep,” said Starlight.

“Really,” asked Flashlight in disbelief.

“I just told you. Yes,” Starlight said getting a little annoyed.

“How did you find out,” asked Flashlight.

“I told her,” said a voice from the door.

“That’s right. Mom told me,” said Starlight.

“Trixie sent me a letter saying that she doesn’t have any shows this week, so she said she’ll stop by and take Show Stop with her,” explained Twilight. “Plus it wasn’t that hard to make the decision after hearing she didn’t have shows this week given that Show Stop is homeschooled.”

“OMC! I’m so excited,” Midnight said about to jump around.

“Are you going to jump around chanting ‘yes’ again,” asked Flashlight.

“Of course not. A future princess of Equestria does not jump around chanting ‘yes’,” Midnight said.

“Uh yeah they do,” said another voice coming in.

“Hi daddy,” said Starlight.

“Hello sweetie,” said Flash Sentry.

“Dad, what do you mean a future princesses of Equestria jump around chanting ‘yes’,” Midnight asked in confusion.

“Your mother did it many times. She did it when she got her cutie mark, when I asked her out, again when I asked her to marry me, she did it a lot,” Flash said.

“Well now we know where she gets it from,” said Flashlight.

“Oh ha ha ha ha,” said Twilight sarcastically.

“What it’s true,” said Flashlight.

“He’s not wrong,” said Flash.

“I have a bigger question,” started Starlight. “When are Aunt Trixie and Show Stop coming?”

“Oh yeah,” said Twilight. “They’re coming Monday.”

“Monday? That’s tomorrow. You mean you knew about this for how long, didn’t tell us about it, and just told us the day before it happened,” Midnight said in confusion.

“Oops.”

“Hey. This will be the first time our friends will ever meet Show Stop won’t it,” asked Starlight.

“She’s right,” said Flashlight. “They’ve never met Show Stop.”

“That’s true,” said Twilight. “They all were too young to remember when her and Trixie lived in Canterlot, and lately it has been us going to Manehattan. I’m sure it would be nice for Show Stop to make new friends considering Trixie had said that she’s been having trouble making new friends in Manehattan.”

“Well, I just can’t wait for them to come over.” said Starlight.

“Yeah. It’s going to be a blast,” said Midnight.

“I’m sure it will, but it’s getting late. You three should start getting ready for bed,” said Twilight.

“Okay mom,” said her children.

“Goodnight.”

“Goodnight.”

—————————————————————————————————

The next morning was a bright and sunny day. Perfect for spending time with friends. Midnight, Flashlight, and Starlight all came out of their rooms yawning and had a look on their faces saying, “Can I go back to sleep now?”

“Good morning you guys,” said Flashlight.

“Morning,” said the girls.

“Wait. Do you hear that,” asked Starlight.

They all listened down the hall. They heard voices. Very familiar voices. They all looked at each other with excitement. They raced down the hall towards the source of the voices. The finally made it to the entrance of the castle. Standing there was there mother. Next to her was a blue unicorn mare with a lighter blue mane. Next to the unicorn was a shorter unicorn mare that had a light blue coat that almost appeared white. She also had a dark blue mane with a yellow streak in it.

“Hello children. Sleep well,” Twilight asked.

“Show Stop,” they all yelled running towards Show Stop.

“Midnight! Flashlight! Starlight! I’ve missed you guys so much,” Show Stop said as she hugged them.

“We’ve missed you too,” said Starlight.

“I’m just gonna take it they slept well,” Trixie said to Twilight.

“Yep. I finally told them that you two were coming yesterday, and they couldn’t be more excited.”

“That’s good. We haven’t been in Ponyville for so long. It would be nice for Show Stop to make some friends here.”

“Don’t worry. My kids got it covered. Right kids,” Twilight asked her children.

“What was that,” asked Flashlight.

“You three are going to help Show Stop make some new friends in Ponyville. Right?”

“That’s right,” said Starlight.

“Show Stop will have a ton of new friends. I can just see it,” said Midnight.

“Oh really? You guys do know that I haven’t been the best at making friends,” said Show Stop.

“That’s because you live in Manehattan. Everypony there thinks it’s practically everypony for herself in that town.”

“That’s true.”

“And don’t worry,” said Starlight. “It’s not like we plan on you making friends with all of Ponyville. We just plan on you making friends with some of our friends.”

“Yeah. Just the children of the other Elements of Harmony,” said Flashlight.

“Well, I don’t know.”

“Don’t worry Show Stop,” said Trixie. “You’ll be fine. I think you can make friends with nine other ponies can’t you? Just give it a try. Just because things don’t work out in Manehattan doesn’t mean it won’t here in Ponyville. Remember, this town is home to the princess of friendship,” she said while pointing at Twilight. “Listen, it’s my fault that we live in Manehattan. I chose a job there. Can’t you just make a few friends here in Ponyville?”

“I guess you’re right.”

“All right then let’s go,” Starlight said. She started heading towards the door when all of a sudden, her stomach started growling. “How about let’s go after we eat breakfast.”

“I think that’s a good idea,” replied Midnight.

—————————————————————————————————————————————

After they ate breakfast, the three ponies headed off to Sweet Apple Acres. Them and all their friends had made plans to meet up there before they heard that Show Stop was coming.

“I’m gonna be honest with you guys, I’m actually kind of nervous,” said Show Stop.

“It’s fine to feel nervous. Making friends after not having any fora long time can be difficult. I mean, I wouldn’t know, but I can imagine it,” said Midnight.

“I just don’t understand what I’m so afraid of,” said Show Stop.

“Well have no fear cause making friends is easy,” said Flashlight.

“Yeah,” Starlight added. “Plus I think it’s good that you’re starting with our friends. I’m sure it’s going to be much easier with them instead of somepony else.”

“I guess you’re right. This could be good for me,” said Show Stop.

The ponies walked into the Apple Farm and finally reached their friends.

“Hey everypony,” yelled Starlight.

“Hey guys,”said Sweet Apple. “What took you guys so long?”

“We were a bit held up, but it was for a good reason,” said Starlight.

“And what is that reason,” asked Jada.

“We brought a friend,” said Flashlight. That’s when everypony realized that there was a fourth pony.

“Everypony, this is our old friend Show Stop. Show Stop, this is Lightning Rose, Jade Crystal, Apple Slice, Aura Mist, Cheesecake, Appleseed, Chocolate Strawberry, Rainboom, and Sweet Apple,” said Midnight.

Show Stop waved to everypony with a nervous smile on her face. The others were happy to have met her.

“Well hello there Miss Show Stop,” said Cheesecake excitedly. “Where are you from?”

“I’m from Manehattan.”

“Manehattan! That’s one of the best cities in Equestria,” yelled Jade. “Do you meet celebrities a lot?”

“Once in a while. Most of them live in Canterlot though. I did actually get to meet Colouratora a few years ago.”

“You mean Auntie Rara,” asked Sweet Apple.

“Auntie Rara,” Show Stop asked in confusion.

“My mom’s friends with her,” said Sweet Apple.

“Really? That’s cool.”

“So Show Stop, what’s yer family like? I know mine is one that I would never replace,” said Apple Slice.

“Well it’s kind of hard to explain,” said Show Stop. “My mom and dad got divorced when I was little. That’s why I live in Manehattan. If they hadn’t divorced, I would still be living in Canterlot.”

“Oh you poor thing,” said Lightning Rose. “Which parent do you live with?”

“My mom. I honestly think this was best for me. From what I remember, my dad didn’t really care for me. In fact, he didn’t care for anypony other than himself. That’s why my mom divorced him.”

“Wow,” said Misty.

“My mom works a lot, so I’m at home a lot doing school work. I’m homeschooled and don’t go out much which is why I don’t have a lot of friends.”

“Well we’ll be your friends,” said Rainboom.

“Yeah. You look like you need it,” said Sweet Apple.

“Oh yeah by the way, who are your parents exactly,” asked Jade.

“Um, my mom is Trixie and my dad is Blueblood.”

“Trixie? As in the Great and Powerful Trixie,” asked Misty.

“Yeah.”

“And Blueblood? As in Prince Blueblood,” asked Cheesecake.

“Um. Yeah.” A wave of an awkward silence filled the ponies. “Well, it sure was nice meeting all of you,” Show Stop said nervously.

“It was a pleasure,” said Jada.

“So Show Stop, do you wanna get something to eat at Sugarcube Corner,” asked Midnight knowing things were getting awkward.

“Sure.”

“Well, we hope you enjoy you’re stay in Ponyville,” said Apple Slice.

“Thank you.” Midnight, Flashlight, Starlight, and Show Stop started heading to Sugarcube Corner.

“Well that was awkward,” said Strawberry.

“Sure was,” said Lightning.

“Did you guys hear that,” started Rainboom. “Her parents are Trixie and Blueblood.”

“Yeah. What does that have to do with anything,” said Misty.

“Remember all the stories our moms have told us,” said Rainboom. “My mom said that Trixie tried to take over Ponyville with the Alicorn Amulet. She is down right evil. What if Show Stop is evil too.”

“Rainboom,” Misty started. “Mom also said that she became good and apologized. Plus, the Alicorn Amulet corrupts the user. It wasn’t totally her fault.”

“Well she had the thought of going and finding the Amulet. That part’s evil,” added Rainboom.

“Aunt Limestone said that Trixie was plotting revenge against Aunt Twilight when she was working on our family’s rock farm,” added Cheesecake.

“Yeah. Aunt Maud has told me the stories of Trixie on the rock farm while we were making rock candy one time. Those stories aren’t the brightest to be honest,” said Strawberry.

“Well forget the Trixie thing,” said Sweet Apple. “Her father is Prince Blueblood. Now we can all agree that he is the worst royal ever.”

“True that. My mother has told me her experiences with him, and they aren’t good at all. I can’t believe she had intentions of wanting to marry him. I can’t imagine what it would be like if he was my father,” said Jade.

“But she doesn’t live with her father. She lives with her mother,” said Lightning. “Are you suggesting that she may have the personality of her dad?”

“Well duh. Don’t we all have our parents’ personalities,” asked Rainboom. Everypony looked around at each other. They all had personalities from both their mothers and fathers. Even Midnight, Flashlight, and Starlight had some of their parents personalities in them.

“I guess you’re right,” said Misty.

“Told you.”

“Well Show Stop may or may not have her parents’ personalities, but she could have different motives than them,” said Strawberry. Everypony looked at each other again. Though there were a few of them that had different motives than their parents, most of them have the same motives. “Okay never mind.”

“There is a very small chance of that. I know that not all, but most ponies in Equestria have the same motives of their parents,” said Apple Slice. “What do you think Appleseed? Appleseed?”

Appleseed was still staring in the direction in which Midnight, Flashlight, Starlight, and Show Stop. His eyes were wide open and his cheeks were blushing red. “Wha-huh,” Appleseed said snapping himself out of his daydreams. “What did ya ask Apple Slice?”

“I asked what do you think about this new mare Show Stop. Daughter of the Great and Powerful Trixie and Prince Blueblood.”

“Wait, her parents are Trixie and Blueblood?”

“Were ya even payin any attention?”

‘Not really. I saw them walkin in, and everythin just went a blank.”

“What do ya remember last?”

“That cute mare Show Stop walking in with Flashlight and his siblings,” Appleseed said as he covered his mouth realizing what he just said.

“Did you say ‘cute mare’,” Sweet Apple asked her brother in a “teasing’ sort of voice.

“No. I have no idea what your talkin about.”

“You liar,” said Sweet Apple.

“How do you know I’m lyin,” asked Appleseed.

“Cause you’re a horrible liar. Just like mom,” said Sweet Apple with a smile on her face.

“Okay forget him,” said Rainboom. “This mare is bad news, and we’ve gotta do something about it.”

‘What should we do Rainboom,” asked Misty.

“Well, the royal children will be spending a lot of time with this Show Stop during her and her mother’s stay. What I say we should do is spy on them. See how she acts, what she wants to do, and how she treats our friends. If we see what we’re looking for, then we’ll know,” said Rainboom.

“I don’t know,” said Lightning. “Spying seems wrong.”

“Well how else are we supposed to get the information about her without asking Show Stop or our friends without making it totally obvious,” said Jada.

“What I’m hearing is that you’re all in,’ said Rainboom sticking is hoof out waiting for the others to join in.

“I’m in,” said Sweet Apple putting her hoof in.

“Me too,” said Misty. Soon everypony put there hooves in. The last one was Appleseed.

“Well Appleseed, you in,” asked Rainboom.

“I don’t know. Should we really be doing this,” asked Appleseed.

“How else are we gonna figure this out?”

“Don’t you want to spy on your marefriend,” asked Sweet Apple.

Appleseed was annoyed by his little sister, so he finally gave in. “Fine. I’m in.”

“Okay, now let’s go see what’s up with this mare,” said Rainboom.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

After introducing Show Stop to their friends, Midnight and her siblings took her to Sugarcube Corner.

“This stuff is so delicious. This does not compare to the stuff made in Manehattan. This is by far better,” said Show Stop in amazement.

“Mr. and Mrs. Cake always put so much love into their foods. Their products do not go out for sale unless it is the best quality,” Midnight explained.

“You should try some of their smaller treats. Our friend Chocolate Strawberry makes them. She’s the best,” said Flashlight.

“Oh really,” said Show Stop. “I might just try some before I have to go back to Manehattan.”

“You know why he’s mentioning Strawberry’s treats right,” Starlight asked Show Stop. Show Stop shook her head not knowing what to say. “He’s mentioning it because he has a crush on Strawberry.”

“Wait what,” said Flashlight. “What are you talking about lil sis? You have no idea what’s going on in my love life.”

“Implying that you have a love life,” said Starlight.

“Just shut up already,” Flashlight said a little embarrassed.

“Anyways,” started Midnight. “What did you think of our friends?”

“They seemed nice,” said Show Stop. “Though it did get a little awkward when I told them who my parents are.”

“Yeah. I’m sure it will get better. I promise that once you leave Ponyville you will have friends,” said Midnight.

“I hope I do. This is the reason for this trip. My mom wanted me to make friends since I don’t really have any in Manehattan,” explained Show Stop.

“Don’t worry,” said Starlight. “Even if it doesn’t work out, we’re still you’re friends. We’ll always be there for you.”

Just a couple feet away, Rainboom was watching them from behind a plant. “They are enjoying a nice meal right now,” he said speaking into a walkie talkie. “Flashlight just complimented Strawberry’s treats.”

“He really complimented them,” Strawberry said in excitement hearing what he said out of her walkie talkie.

“Now now little sis, now’s not the time to be dreaming about your boyfriend,” said Cheesecake.

“He’s not my boyfriend!”

“These walkie talkies are amazing,” said Jada. “Where’d you get these?”

“My parents room,” said Rainboom. “They used them with the rest of the Wonderbolts.”

“Did you at least ask mom and dad if you could use them,” Misty asked.

“Um…”

“I knew it. Well, looks like two of us are going to be grounded after this.”

“Guys sshhh,” said Sweet Apple. “Something’s happening.” All of the ponies spying turned their attention to their friends and their guest.

“Flashlight, could you get me some water,” asked Show Stop.

“Sure,” replied Flashlight.

“Aha,” said Rainboom.

“Aha what,” asked Apple Slice.

“Aha, we have proof she is just like her parents.”

“What how?”

“She asked Flashlight to get her a glass of water instead of getting it for herself. The says Blueblood if you ask me.”

“Um, how is simply asking for water instead of getting it herself like Blueblood. This is her fist time here, she probably doesn’t even know where to get drinks,” said Misty.

“Well, um, she didn’t say please,” said Rainboom.

“Rainboom, you barely even say please when you want me, dad, or mom to get you something.”

“Okay, okay fine, but I’m still keeping that as evidence that she is like her parents.”

“Why are you always so difficult,” Misty thought to herself.

“Guys look,” said Cheesecake. All of the ponies directed their attention towards the ponies they were spying on. They were headed out the door and into town. “Let’s go.”

As they followed the ponies, Midnight, Flashlight, Starlight, and Show Stop started a conversation.

“So Midnight,” started Show Stop. “Learned any new spells?”

“Oh yeah. I was practicing one last night.”

“Really. Which one. I bet it’s one that a powerful magic user can do.” Flashlight and Starlight laughed at Show Stop’s response. “What? What is it?”

“Yeah, cause you need to be a totally powerful magical being to pull of that kind of spell,” Starlight said.

“Yeah. I bet the only pony other pony to perform the spell Midnight did was Starswirl the Bearded,” Flashlight said even harder.

“Seriously, what kind of spell was it,” Show Stop asked Midnight.

“It was a spell to summon a mustache,” Midnight said kind of embarrassed.

“Really, you just learned that,” Show Stop teased.

“Well yeah. I never came across that spell when I was younger, so that is why I just learned it.”

“Oh that makes much more sense cause I learned that spell when I was about ten or eleven.”

“AH HA,” said a voice coming from a bush. this made the four ponies turn towards the bush.

“Rainboom, SSSHHHHH! They’re right there. They could probably here you,” said another voice.

“You know Misty,” said Midnight. “I can hear you too.”

“Oh, uh you can? Well how about that,” Misty said nervously getting out of the bush. Midnight stared at Misty wanting an explanation. Misty sighed and raised her walkie talkie to her mouth, “Game over guys, we’ve been caught.” Soon a couple more bushes shook and revealed ponies hiding inside them.

“Have you guys been spying on us,” asked Midnight.

“Not really all of you,” said Sweet Apple. “Mostly Show Stop.”

“Me? Why me?”

“Because you are exactly like your parents,” Rainboom said confidently.

“Rainboom! Stop it,” both Misty and Sweet Apple yelled.

“First she demanded a glass of water, like how Blueblood would. Then she bragged about learning spells, something that Trixie would do.”

“Rainboom stop it,” Starlight yelled at the top of her lungs. “I don’t know where you get the idea that Show Stop is like her parents. She is nothing like them. Well she is kind of like her mom she’s-”

“Narcissistic, not humble at all,” Rainboom said thinking of Show Stop.

“Actually, Trixie is very nice. In fact we call her Aunt Trixie. Besides, Show Stop wasn’t bragging, she was simply telling us how old she was when she first performed a simple spell that my sister probably should’ve known by now. And Trixie was bragging about doing skills that she didn’t even have the power to do.”

“Oh.”

‘And she’s been so nervous about coming here. She doesn’t have any friends in Manehattan, and we’re he only friends she’s got. Her mom brought her to Ponyville to make some friends!”

Rainboom looked up to Show Stop, and then walked over to her. “Hey um, Show Stop.”

“Yes,” Show Stop said.

“Listen, I’m sorry for accusing you of being a pony you aren’t. I know now that you’re just not comfortable being around other ponies. I should’ve fully met you first before making accusations about you. Sometimes I get things a little carried away.”

“A little,” all the ponies said.

“Okay a lot. I’m just a regular twelve year old colt, and I can’t control my actions sometimes. Can you ever forgive me?”

“I forgive you young pegasus. I too at your age got carried away with what I thought of other ponies. Maybe that’s why I don’t have a lot of friends back home.”

‘Well, we’d like to be your friends,” said Lightning.

“Yeah, you seem like a nice mare,” said Jade.

“And I’m sure we can have the bestest time together,” said Cheesecake.

“Eeyup,” said Apple Slice. “Hey Appleseed, what do think of Show Stop becoming our friend? Appleseed?” Appleseed was caught in a daze. He was staring at Show Stop with his cheeks blushing. “Appleseed!”

“Huh,” Appleseed said snapping out of his daze. “Oh yeah, I think she’d be a great friend.” Show Stop giggled at his reaction.

“So Show Stop, would you like to be our friend,” asked Rainboom.

“Mr..”

“Rainboom. It’s Rainboom.”

“Mr. Rainboom, I’d love to be your friend.” Soon all of the ponies gathered into a group hug, and enjoyed the presences of their new friend.

Author's Note:

Thank you all so much for reading. Sorry if this chapter is a little weird. I had major writer's block when writing it, but I wanted to get this done ASAP. Hope you still enjoyed it.:pinkiehappy::heart: