• Published 23rd May 2015
  • 1,107 Views, 6 Comments

I'm Still Alive, And I Can Not Apologize - Prince_Zodiac



Nyx's past is something she will never forget. It is something she, and she alone has suffered. But what if she wasn't alone?

  • ...
7
 6
 1,107

Chapter Four: Awakening


Chapter Four: Awakening


To say Twilight was exhausted was an understatement. The lavender alicorn sat tiredly at the head of her dining room table. Her magic was completely expended from yesterday's escapades, leaving her tired, groggy, and generally just not feeling good.

Oh the hardships of being a magic wielder.

“Here Twilight,” Fluttershy said, approaching with a bowl of soup. “I made you some celery soup, and mixed a couple of herbs in. It should help with your headache.”

“Thank you Fluttershy,” Twilight replied as the food was set down before her. Grabbing a spoon with her hoof, she didn't have enough magic to lift it with telekinesis, she took in a small spoonful of the brew. “I don't know what I'd do without you.”

“Anything for a friend.” The cream colored pegasus sat down next to Twilight, staying close just in case her spiking headaches or her still sprained ankle bothered her further. “So, how's the little guy you found yesterday doing?”

“Still asleep, and showing no signs of waking up.”

That colt had been unconscious since Twilight found him underneath the castle. He had been set up in one of the guest rooms, and Twilight's friends were on constant watch just in case he woke up.

As of now, Applejack was the mare sitting by his bed, and her eyes hardly left the boy. She would check his temperature just in case it turned out he had caught something, and constantly made sure he was comfortable. A while ago, he seemed to be struggling against some kind of nightmare, but he was resting peacefully now.

Posters had been put up around town, but none had yet to claim him. Twilight had sent word to Princess Celestia, notifying her of what was going on, and to ask for help in finding the colt’s parents. By now, several cities and towns had been notified by Celestia herself, but so far the search had turned up nothing.

Twilight groaned, causing Fluttershy to rush to her side.

“Twilight are you okay?”

“Yeah… just this headache.” That didn't really soothe her worries.

“Her, eat some more,” Fluttershy said feeding some to Twilight. “It'll help you feel better soon, I promise.”

It occurred to Twilight that her friends were taking care of her like she was having a hangover, much as they had after the Canterlot wedding, when she had gotten drop dead drunk with Cadence while the two lamented on how stupid Shining Armour was for not noticing how weird his bride to be was acting. Then Shining Armour defended himself, and proceeded to get drunk too.

Ah, good times.

“Sorry you girls have to do all this.”

“It's no trouble Twilight. We're happy to help.” Just then, Applejack came rushing down the stairs so fast she nearly rammed into the table.

“Applejack? What are you-”

“Twi, he's awake! The colt’s awake!”


Darkness.

That's all he could see. Darkness.

Then he opened his eyes.

The world was blinding, until it wasn't, and then he realized he could see. The first thing he saw was a light purple ceiling way above. He felt himself lying on a soft mattress, and covered in equally soft blankets.

‘Where am I?’ he questioned. The ceiling wasn't familiar, and neither was the bed he laid upon. Looking around, he found that he didn't recognize the walls, the furniture, the decorations. Nothing.

Why was he here? What was he doing here? Furthermore, just who was he? He found that he couldn't recall a single memory. He couldn't remember his name, his appearance, not even the sound of his own voice.

‘Who am I?’ Was his second question, and when the door to his room opened, he asked the third. ‘Who are they?’

Three mares entered the room; an orange earth pony, a yellow pegasus, and a lavender alicorn.

Wait, why did he know that? He had never seen them before, so how did he know what they were?

“Hey there sugarcube,” the orange one said, approaching slowly. “Ya feelin alright?”

Was he feeling alright? He couldn't recall what felt, “alright,” and what didn't. He didn't feel any ailments of his mind of body, so he supposed he did. But what if that was what, “not feeling alright,” felt like? Not knowing how to answer, he simply shrugged.

“Alright, well, can ya tell us yer name?” His name? Did he have one? He didn't remember having one. Strangely though, he did recall something starting with an, “S,” but other than that he had nothing. “No?”

He simply shook his head.

“Well that's a problem,” the orange one muttered.

“What's wrong Aj?” the alicorn asked.

“I think the little fella might have amnesia. Sugarcube, do you know who you are?”

Solemnly, he shook his head. He heard a gasp from one of them, but he was no longer giving them any attention.

Who was he, and why didn't he know? Shouldn't everyone know who they are? Why didn't he? Why didn't he know who he was? Why didn't he know his own name? Furthermore, where was he from? Did he have friends? Did he have a family? Were they worried about him? Did they know where he was? Were they looking for him?

The revelation of all of this had finally weighed on him. He had no idea who he was, where he was, or why he was here, and that scared him. What was he gonna do? Where would he go? Who would he go to? It was too much, far too much for him to handle, and the little colt began to cry.

But just as the first tear fell from his face, he felt something warm wrap around him. The cream colored pegasus had wrapped both her hooves and her wings around him, and rubbed his back gently.

“Shh, it'll be alright,” she said gently. “We'll help you in any way we can to get you back home.”

The words, though few, were incredibly comforting. He buried his head into her chest, and let the tears flow. And the mare let him, simply staying there and letting him get it all out of his system.

“What should we do Twi?” He had almost forgotten about the other two in the room. “If he don remember none, it could take a lot longer to get him home. He's gonna need somewhere to stay in the meantime.”

“Hmm… well, I don't see why he can't stay here, Celestia knows I have the room.”

“Ya sure? I mean, you've already got Spike and Nyx.”

“I know, but Spike can take pretty good care of himself, and Nyx isn't really a hoof-full, so it's fine. Besides,” the lavender one walked up and sat next to him before wrapping a wing around him, much like the pegasus, “as the princess of friendship, it's my duty to help anyone in need.”

Who were these ponies, and why were they helping him? He was slightly confused, but nevertheless grateful.

“Well, I suppose we should introduce ourselves to the little guy if we're gonna be watching over him.” The orange one walked over, a gentle smile on her face. “Hey there little guy, my name's Applejack, it's mighty fine ta meet ya.”

“My name's Fluttershy,” the pegasus said kindly. “I hope we can be friends.”

“And my name is Princess Twilight Sparkle,” the alicorn finished. “But you can call me Twilight.”

Again, he could only wonder, who were these mares? But even as he asked himself that, he couldn't help but smile.

“N… Nice to m-meet you.”


How? How had things failed this spectacularly? How?

“HOW!?” Ghast shouted, surprising his cohorts. “How did things end up like this!? How the BUCK did we FAIL!?”

“Ghast, calm down,” one of his partners said. “We should have foreseen Death's resistance. The fact that we failed to realise that it wouldn't follow our orders without a fight puts the blame on us.”

Ghast rolled his eyes. He knew that already, that wasn't what he was complaining about. Even with how things ended up, their should have at least still been a soul leftover. But after the blast, Ghast and the others had been knocked unconscious, their bodies hiding themselves within the shadows. And when they came to, there was nothing.

Nothing!

“Grah!” His partner rolled her eyes. Sometimes, Ghast could be so childish.

“Obsidian, how much further?” The silent third member of their group pointed straight ahead at a cabin not too far in the distance. She sighed calmly. They were almost home.

It took a few minutes, but eventually they stumbled through the door, where a unicorn was waiting for them.

“Welcome back! Did you guys- oh my Celestia what happened?”

The pony rushed forward and began inspecting her friends.

“Did you guys get into a fight with a dragon or something?”

“No, Death messed with the ritual when we summoned him, and there was a huge explosion. By the time we woke up, there was nothing left.”

“Nothing left? Does that mean we can't-”

“Calm down,” Ghast assured. “A soul cannot be destroyed. It's more than likely that after the ritual failed the soul was dragged back into hell. We'll just have to find another location, and perform the ritual again. Do not worry Hope, I promise you, Sombra shall live once more.”

Author's Note:

And here's the next chapter! Sorry if it seems a little short, I had been writing this and had gotten stuck near the end of the chapter so I just decided to wrap it up. Hope you guys enjoy!