• Published 17th May 2015
  • 4,147 Views, 129 Comments

My Glory - Eclipse Guardian



Within the mare known as Twilight Sparkle, there is a darkness that wishes to raise her up high as Empress of Equestria. But where did this darkness come from and why is it so set upon Twilight?

  • ...
18
 129
 4,147

Awakening

-10 Years Ago-


“Twilight stay behind me.”

“O-okay Princess.”

Both Princess and Student stand, surrounded by the dead bodies of Celestia's guards and a large group of cloaked beings, most of them ponies.

“Hand over the mare, Sun Alicorn.” Demanded the cloaked pony in front of the group.

Narrowing her eyes Celestia said. “Never. I don't know what you want with my student, but I refuse to stand aside and let you take her.” Celestia prepared an offensive spell in case of an attack by the unknown ponies.

Chuckling the group's leader raised an armoured hoof. “Please Celestia, we don't wish harm you, or your student.” The cloaked mare to his left brandished a crossbow. “But we will, if we must.”

Celestia felt Twilight gripping her left hind leg in fear, and with a determined snort she summoned a golden barrier around herself and Twilight. “I think not.”

“Have it your way.” He waved to the others as they began to creep closer to the pair.

Celestia did not budge. She stood resolute as the group closed in on her. Celestia reached out with her magic to teleport away with Twilight, but her spell died out. 'Hmm, a Anti-Teleport ward, clever, but not enough to stop an Alicorn.' Smirking, Princess Celestia easily shattered the ward and tossed her barrier directly through the approaching beings.

“Damn!” Yelled the mare with the crossbow as the barrier smacked her across the room.

'Now!' Celestia teleported herself and Twilight into another wing of the castle.

Breathing a sigh of relief, Celestia levitated her student onto her back. “Are you okay Twilight?” Celestia asked while unfolding her wings around Twilight.

“...I-I'm okay, but who were they Princess?”

'Should I tell her? Yes, but not yet, not until she's old enough to understand their acts.' Celestia thought with a grimace. “A group of bad ponies, but do not worry I'll protect you.” Twilight hugged Celestia's neck as the princess trotted down the hallway, her horn at the ready.

Celestia ran down several corridors, passing by a cult member or gold armoured guard every now and then. Eventually she reached the castle courtyard, only to be stopped by two fully armoured beings before her. 'Oh no, the Cult's Dark Knights.'

The Knight on the left stepped forward. “Surrender now.” He ordered with a gruff tone. “This is as far you go.”

Celestia opened her mouth to tell him off, but the other Knight beat her to it. “Oh put a sock in it Reaper, she's not going anywhere.” Celestia noticed the Knight on the left was clearly a Griffon, while the other was a Pegasus.

“Blaze I swear to Penumbra, if you don't shut up I'll just have to have you for dinner tonight.”

The Pegasus named 'Blaze' merely rolled her eyes while pointing a halberd at Celestia. “Anyway, what this dunce meant to say was; hand over the Purple One.”

Twilight felt a shiver go up her spine at the mention of 'Penumbra' but furiously shook head and yelled. “Stay away from the Princess and leave us alone y-you...idiots!” Twilight finished lamely.

The armoured Pegasus just laughed uproariously while her companion menacingly stepped forward again. “Oh really? And just what is a little foal like you going to do to stop us?” He glared at Twilight with a dark smile.

Gulping Twilight jumped to the ground off the protesting Celestia. “Twilight don't. They're much to dangerous.” The princess eased her student back with a hoof, but Twilight jumped above it. “N-No Twilight!”

“Princess do you trust me?”

“Twilight I-”

“Please answer me.” Twilight pleaded.

Celestia hesitated. “Twi-”

“Do. You. Trust. Me?” Twilight asked again, tapping her hoof on the princess's torque for emphasize.

After a moment of deliberation Celestia replied. “Of course I do Twilight. With all my heart.” She said with a gentle smile.

Twilight smiled back, steeled herself and turned back to the two Knights. “I'm Princess Celestia's Protege! Twilight Sparkle!”

“Oh she has some bark to her small frame Reaper!” Laughed Blaze. “Should you do the honors or shall I?”

“I shall, don't want to accidentally kill her after all.” With that Reaper drew a short scythe from his armoured back. “Better hold your ground Twilight Sparkle.”

“I will.” Twilight growled as she charged her horn.

With a yell the Dark Knight banked left as he swung his scythe at Twilight.

Time seemed to stop for Twilight as the sharp weapon shattered upon contact with Twilight's barrier. Dropping the shield Twilight grabbed the blade with her magic than tossed it back at the griffon. He grabbed it right before it slashed his arm. “Pff, that it? I was expecting a little than that.” He somehow fixed the scythe with some sort of strange magic Twilight had never seen before. “Heheh, confusing how a griffon like me can use magic isn't it?” Grinning he charged again.

Twilight grimaced and brought her magic up again...but something unexpected happened. She heard an unfamiliar voice in her mind...

'He is nothing to you Twilight. Nothing but an insect, meant to be crushed by your fury.'

Blinking Twilight asked out loud. “Who's there?”

Reaper stopped mid-charge and balked at her. 'Impossible... already?'

The voice's tone was warm and inviting to Twilight's ears. 'A friend. Now are you going to let those two harm you or your teacher?'

“Never! I'll stop them!” Twilight searched for the voice, but failed to see anyone else in the courtyard.

'Than do it Twilight.'

Celestia watched the entire scene, but kept her focus on her student. 'What was that icy feeling I felt just now? And who is Twilight talking to?' She reacted just in time to notice Twilight's hooves leave the ground as her body began to glow with a purple glow. 'A magic flare!? Here!?'

Twilight's eyes snapped open, glowing pure white.

“Agh! Reaper move you fool!” Blaze grabbed the terror stricken griffon just as Twilight pointed her horn at them.

“You will not harm Celestia!!” An immense amount of magic engulfed Twilight's horn.

Both Knights attempted to fly away as their fellow cultists teleported into the courtyard. “Run! You foo-” Blaze was cut of by a massive beam of black and purple energy swallowed her and her companions.

“Leave!!” Twilight's yell boomed throughout the area while she unleashed her magic upon the cultists and blasted them far away from Canterlot.

“We'll return Sun Alicorn!!” Screamed the armoured griffon.

Panting, Twilight collapsed against Celestia as she returned to normal. “A-are they gone Princess?”

“Yes Twilight...now rest, it's over.” The awed Princess soothed as she nuzzled Twilight's neck.

“O-okay...” Twilight fell right asleep as Celestia gazed at her with a worried look.