• Published 17th May 2015
  • 1,897 Views, 21 Comments

Life is Depressing - Effy Mani



Scootaloo knows life can have some ups and downs, but six ponies made a Big one.

  • ...
9
 21
 1,897

The Journey Begins

I’m just playing in the Playroom Saturday afternoon until somepony knocks on the door. I answer it, noticing that exact same pony.

“Aw, what do you want?” I’d ask Fluttershy.

“Wait, I’m not here alone.” She’d turn and I see five other mares.

“What’s going on?”

“We need your help,” would say the lavender fur mare, with a midnight mane, pink and blue streaks across it.

“Help with what?”

“Some sort of giant vermin is attacking Equestria!” says the white fur mare, purple curled mane.

“And why do you need my help?”

“”Cuz the only way to stop the monster is using the Elements of Harmony,” the cyan Pegasus I know about with the rainbow mane would say.

“And?”

“We’ve found out we’re not connected to them anymore,” says the tangerine fur mare, with a blonde ponytail mane.

“WHAT-TO-THE-WHO-KNOW?”

“It’s truealooalooie!” exclaims the carnation fur mare, with dark pink poofy mane.

“So, we need your help,” says same old Fluttershy.

“Why do you need my help?”

“Because we went to this tree,” the pink mare would go on, “And that tree talked to us! I named him Mr. Treey! So he told us that the new elements are fillies, and that there’s only three! No, four! No, I’m perfectly sure it was five!”

“It was three,” says the lavender mare. “Anyways, I’m Twilight, that’s Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and I’m assuming you know Fluttershy?”

“Yep. And you think one of them’s me?”

“Well, actually…” would go on Fluttershy. “I suggested you.”

This mare is stupid! I think. Going on and picking random fillies as the new EoH?

“Anyways, how do we prove the new EoH?”

“You’ll have to go against the monster attacking Equestria,” would explain Twilight.

Fluttershy was in deep thought. Deep, deep thought.


“Look, Fluttershy,” would say Rainbow Dash. “If you wanna keep it, do it. But it ain’t gonna be easy. You are far too young for a foal and you know it! You also know he’s not gonna come back and take care of you either.”

“Congratulations, Mrs. Fluttershy,” would say one of the nurses. “It’s a girl.”

“She…she’s so beautiful.”

“So, what are you going to name it?”

“I…I still need to think about that.”

There stood Fluttershy, in front of the Orphanage.

“I’m so, so sorry..”

Present Day In Her Thoughts

“Fluttershy!” would exclaim Scootaloo. “Are you okay? You zoned out there for like a full minute there!”

“Oh yes, I’m sorry. I was just…thinking. What can I do for you girls?”

“Will ya sign our petition to save the Ponyville clock tower?” asks Apple Bloom. “Mayor Mare wants to tear it down and build a new parkin’ lot there!”

“It’s part of Ponyville’s history, you know,” would say Sweetie Belle.

“And it’s sure to get our cutie marks this time!” exclaims Scoots.

“Oh, of course. Let me just go get my quill and I’ll sign your petition.”

“There you go, one signature!”

“Thanks, Fluttershy!” the three fillies would exclaim together.

“I’m so, so sorry..”

“Huh?” would ask Scootaloo.

“No-nothing! I-I was just about to say I’m sorry for the tower!”

“Oh yeah! But we’re on the case! We’ll save it, just you watch! Bye, Fluttershy!”

“I’m so proud of you….”

Another day in her thoughts

“Oh my, is it that time already…?”

Every year, I buy a nice, well thought-out present for Scootaloo’s birthday.

I also buy a small, meaningless one.

While everypony’s out to pick up Scootaloo at the school, I sneak in and leave the big one at the party, without a name, of course.

The meaningless one has my name on it, naturally. I keep that one for when I show up at the party…if I even have the courage, that is.

It’s stupid, but I see it as my way of saying,

“Sorry I Couldn’t Be There For You,” my poor baby.

“Fluttershy? Fluttershy!” I’d scream.

“Uh, yes!”

“You zoned out there for like a full minute!”

That’s exactly what you said that day..

“Hello?”

“Yes?!”

“Who do you think the other two fillies could be the EoH, Mrs. Always-Knows?”

“Maybe your two other friends, Rumble and Silver Spoon.”

“Okay, off to their houses!”

We trot off to Rumble’s house. When we arrive, of course I’m the one knocking the door.

“Ye….Scootaloo!”

“Hey, Rumble. I need your help.”

“With what?”

She’d let Rumble see the Main 6.

“Let me guess,” he’d say. “There’s a giant monster attacking Equestria and you need our help ‘cuz you think we’re the new EoH?”

“How did you….”

“Oh, I was trotting around the Orphanage earlier and heard your little chat.”

“Okay..anyways..”

“I know their names already, no worries.”

“M’kay.”

We’d all walk to Silver Spoon’s house. They all expect me to knock, but I make Rumble to knock. He does the exact same thing with me and we head the the Tree.

“Hi, Mr. Treey!” exclaims Pinkie.

“I see you brought the three foals you thought would be the new EoH,” says the tree.

“THE TREE CAN TALK?!” exclaims both Silver and Rumble.

“Yep,” I tell them.

“I see you brought the correct foals.”

“But I thought you said that to know who’s the new EoH, they have to fight the monster,” would say Twilight.

“Looks like I made a mistake. All you had to do was bring them to me.”

We all did face-hooves.

“Anyways, just go to the monster in Appleloosa. Then, you can defeat him. Warning: He is extremely powerful.”

“Okay!” I’d exclaim and we all trot out.

The tree would sigh. “They’re doomed.”

Author's Note:

Fluttershy's thoughts were inspired by 'Sorry I Couldn't Be There For You' on YouTube. If you are confused, it's this:

Fluttershy is Scootaloo's Mother.

Got it?

Hope y'all enjoyed and have a nice day.

Will be updating slowly, I'm tired, I made all these chapters in one day.

:eeyup: